Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Wild Tamer ❯ When things got a little heavy... ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
"...daaandcing in the raiiin.....i´m daaaancing in the-- hey, whatarye doing here?!?!? Can´t a guy get some privacy while taking a shower?!?!?! Huh?!?!?!?!?!

Well, now that you´re here, we can get on with the fic already.....


Disclaimer: Yeah, sure, they´re mine.... I´m also a Saiyajin...




The Wild Tamer

by Otaku-Sama (ICQ 12832029; AIM OtakuuSama)


Chapter 5: When things got a little... heavy....




As Takato descended from Guilmon´s new Condo, he didn´t walk two steps, when two familiar faces appeared before him.

"Hey- I remember you! You´re that kid from school... Henry or something, was it? And Terriermon, too!"

"Err, the name´s Jenrya..." said the blue headed boy, while sweat dropping.

"Oops, sorry! I have trouble pronouncing Chinese names, you know? Took that from dad." said a grinning Tak-man.

"Heh, Momentai, pal! Actually, Henry sounds good.... Jenrya sounds like a girl´s name..."

"Terriermon!!!"

"Aw, is Jen-chan embawased? Poooor babyyyy....!"

"...three words to you, mister: Pwincess Pwetty Pants."

"...shutting up!!"

Takato´s sweat drop was fairly big at the moment...

"Look, fellahs, I gotta go home now... how about we talk tomorrow at school, huh?"

"...If you insist... let´s go, Terriermon."

"OK! See ya, Gogglehead!"

"Terriermooon!!"

Takato watched amusedly as the two friends walked away. Suddenly:

"Hey, Jenrya! You study Martial Arts, right? Tai Chi Chuan?"

Jen had to stop at that, and turned back to Takato, staring amazed.

"..Y-yeah! How did you..."

"Your way of walking. It´s steady, and flows like water and wind. You also breath pretty correctly. How about we spar sometime? It´s been a while since I practiced with someone my age..." finished with a smile.

Jenrya recalled the not -quite-a-fight between Renamon and this brown haired boy, and couldn´t help but sweat drop heavily at that one.

"...Uuuuhh... I mean... sure, why not? I mean- ohmygosh, lookatthetime! Gottagobye!!!!!" said the half-chinese youth, grabbed Terriermon, and run way from the loony.

"... guess he has his own homecoming schedule, too.... oh, well!" and trotted cheerfully back home.

°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°

Back at the Ranch...

"Is that all, Juri?"

"Yes, Saotome-san! Just some cream puffs!"

"Alright... that would be 50 yen... and here you go."

"Thanks, Saotome-san! Good bye!"

Juri took her package, went to the door, took a step onto the sidewalk, and...

"Hey, Juri-Chan!" said Takato. And that´s our cue...

Juri felt a shiver running up and down her spine, her new glasses fogged over, her right hand -were her sock puppet was- started twitching...

"He-he-he-he-llooooo! Takato-Kun! Wh-wh-what a surprise, tee-hee!!"

"Heh, that´s funny, Juri-Chan! You know I live here...!" said a cheerful Takato.

"B-b-but of course you live here!! Do you come often? O-of course you come often! They have the best cream p-puffs here! Isn´t it so, Wuff-Wuff?!?!?!" Said our lovable, psychotic girl, while feeding one of the sugary confections to her fabric-based lunacy.

"You better go home now, it´s kinda late. See ya, Juri-Chan! Bye!" said he, and gave her his best smile.

She just broke into hysteric giggles, ran into a light pole, turned left, and run home skipping, bag of bread on one hand, happily munching puppet on the other hand.

"Hi, dad! Ready for our training session?"

"...uuhh... yeah, sure, go ahead, squirt..." said Ranma, while staring after Juri´s mad jog, sweat dropping heavily.

"I wonder if she´s related to... naaahhh...." dismissing the thought, he went after his son, ready for some good stress relief...

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°
< br> The next day, Takato was pondering a few facts of exceptional importance for the new day...

"Damn, all my good T-Shirts are on the wash... and I can´t go to school just with my hoody!"

Rummaging through his drawer, he could only produce an old sleeveless T-shirt he didn´t use anymore, since he had outgrown it. With a sigh, he realized his lack of options...

"...it beats not wearing anything else... now let´s see... ummmh... a little snug, but I still can move on it. This´ll have to do."

Then, he went to grab a couple of bags of bread, his book bag, and left for the park. It was early enough to go visit Guilmon and still make it to school just in time. Heh, Miss Asagi would have a heart attack if she saw him arriving early for a third day on a row!!

°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°

"Hey, Guil! Look what I have for you! It´s the bread you liiIIIIIKES!!!! WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!?!?!"

In the middle of the once tidy -if somewhat cramped- shed, Guilmon slept and snored, laying over a bunch of broken concrete and dirt. By the looks of it, all that dirt came from that tunnel on the back of the shed -tunnel that wasn´t there last night!!

"...mmmuuuuhhh....? ´Kato-mooon...? Morning already...?"

"...yeah, morning already... but Guil, what´s all this!!"

"...The house was too small, but Guilmon make it big... Guilmon dig aaaallll niiight..."

"...Yeah, can see that... I´ll just leave your bread here, and I´ll let you sleep again, okay?"

"...oookayyyy, ´Kato-moonn... g´night... zzzzz"

With a sigh and a chuckle, Takato left the bread, and turned around. As he was leaving...

"...uh? I´d swear Guilmon said something on his sleep about... installing a hot tub...? .......naaaahhh..."

....and off to school our hero went.

°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°

At the school gates...

"...I´m telling you, Kenta! If you don´t start getting smarter on our Card Games, you´re gunna lose all your cards!"

"...aw shutup already, ´Kazu! Yeah, you´re a great card player, but you don´t have to keep repeating so!"

"..hell yeah I´m a Grreat Player!! I´m just like the Digimon Queen!!"

"...you mean you´re a girl, too?"

"...HA, HA, KENTA."

"Digimon Queen? Who´s that?" Asked Takato.

"Hey Chumly! Early again?! That´s a new record!!"

"... yeah, yeah, I know... anyway, what´s this about a Digimon Queen you were talking about?"

"Oh, it´s this really famous card player" said Kenta "that lives here in Shinjuku. She won this year´s Metropolitan Tokyo Digimon Card Battle Championships. They say she´s really cool -as ice, you know- and always wins her battles."

´Could it be... the redhead from my dream? Dammit I keep saying that...´ thought Takato.

"Anyway, we haven´t seen you around the Park, Taks... afraid to lose against me, Shiota Hirokazu, the Digimon Thunder of Shinjuku Elementary School?"

"...you know, ´Kazu? Dad always freaks out when you do that..." said Takato, as he wondered where did that rumble came from.

"Do what?"

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;

At last!! School was over!! Free at last!! Thank Kami-Sama Almighty!!

Takato trotted towards Guilmon´s new apartment, ready to spend some quality time with his buddy. He had already talked with Jenrya at school, and they had agreed to meet at the park, so their Digi-pals could get acquainted. Only that, when he finally arrived to Guilmon´s....

"Hey, buddy! Where are you!!"

Nothing. He wasn´t there...

"...hell no... please, please... let nothing bad happened..."

Taking out his D-Ark, he brought forth the compass, and stared hard until the red arrow showed him the road. Not wasting any time, he jumped down the stairs, looking for his friend among the bushes... when...

"Tag! You´re It!!!"

"Waaahhh!!!!! Jeezuz, Guil! Don´t scare me like that!!" said Takato, while hanging from a tree limb eight foot high.

"...hah, hah! Takato-mon´s funny...!"

Takato let himself fall in front of Guilmon, pouting a little. He was about to scold his lil´ buddy for scaring half to death, when the Red Lizard started giggling innocently. Takato´s annoyance didn´t last.

"..heh, okay, I´m funny... c´mon, Guil! Let´s go take a walk!"

" Oo-kayy!!"

°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°
The two friends were walking calmly, enjoying the sights, toward their rendez-vous with the other Odd Couple. Amazing how most people chose to believe the ´guy in a Digimon suit´ explanation...

´Most be from being so close to Tokyo TV Studios... seeing people in Gojira suits going to have lunch and all that...´

Takato´s musings stopped abruptly when Guilmon sniffed something, and ran away.

"Hey, Guil! Wait! Were ya goin!!"

Together, they reached an underground parking lot, where a surprise awaited for him...

"You two!?!?!?! What are you doing here!!!"

"...just finishing what we started yesterday..." said the Digimon Queen, arms crossed, a collected look on her face. By her side, Renamon appeared from thin air.

"C´mon, just forget it! There´s no real reason for this!!" Shouted the Gogglehead, while restraining a growling Guilmon.

"... no reason?! NOREASON!?!?!? YOU LEFT ME FOR A FOOL YESTERDAY!!!! THAT´S REASON ENOUGH FOR ME TO KICK YOUR SORRY BUTT TO OKINAWA!!!!!!!!!!"

.....Yep, Ruki-Chan was ranting heavily. It was actually funny seeing her, with a bulging vein on her forehead, and doing a decent impression of the "Tendo Demon-Head Attack". By her side, Renamon sweat dropped, and scooted a little away from her Tamer.

´dammit, she´s serious... and the Saotome Secret Technique can´t be used twice with the same opponent...´ glancing to his side, he saw that Guilmon was still growling, but for some reason... he did´t feel as if Guilmon was out of control...

´...we are a team... we ARE a team... we will get out of this...´

"...together... we´ll do this together, Guil..."

"What are you mumbling now? Are you gonna run away like yesterday?" said a smirking redhead, expecting to scare the puny boy across her. But things didn´t go her way...

"No. This time... we have no choice. We´ll fight. BOTH." And he took off his sweatshirt, to gain more freedom of motion... leaving him clad in pants and a very snug sleeveless T-Shirt.

The girls HAD to stare. After all, it´s not every day they saw a boy of almost eleven years old, that had Takato´s build...

He was lean, not bulky nor deformed in any way... but his bare arms showed every muscle with great definition, and his T-shirt, didn´t exactly hide his washboard tummy, nor his sculpted chest, broad shoulders... Ruki wondered if there was some heater somewhere in the parking lot.... it sure felt hot all of a sudden...

Renamon was surprised, but had enough sense to note Takato´s stance; it seemed designed for maximum speed and defensibility, while not giving away which move would he take at any moment... she also noted how both partners took position besides each other, covering their backs.

Ruki shook herself. What was she thinking, anyway...? Better get started....

"Renamon.... attack".

The Kitsune launched herself forward on a flying kick aimed to Guilmon´s head, but he dodged. Before she could react, Takato had grabbed her outstretched leg with one arm, while grabbing the small of her back with the other; he tossed her away, adding to her own momentum, making her stumble for a bit. After she regained her footing, she ran towards Takato, raising a fist. He readied himself for the counter, when Renamon vanished from sight, leaving a confused Takato with his mouth wide open.

Suddenly, she reappeared behind Guilmon. Jumping up, shards of light appeared before her. With a mighty cry of "Diamond Storm!!", she willed the razor-sharp projectiles towards the mini-Dino... only to see them bounce harmlessly from his thick hide. The shards exploded, obscuring her view with smoke, until...

"Hyaaaa!!!!" yelled the Boy Tamer, jumping up to Renamon´s encounter, arm cocked back, a look of determination on his face... and a small smirk on his lips. Now, THIS was a challenge!!

Both warriors traded punches at unbelievable speeds, seemingly floating for a couple of seconds.

Ruki was mesmerized by this scene.

"This... can´t be... that stupid Gogglehead... can´t be... that good..." She half expected him to be a total pushover, after the "Secret Technique" Fiasco, but this proved her wrong...

She shook herself. ´No time for gawking´ she thought, as she readied her blue D-Ark and a card....

"Card Slash! Hyper Speed Activate!!"

Renamon felt her awareness jump up, and finally she could see through Takato´s blindingly fast punches and kicks. Seeing an opening, she took her chance.

"Oooff!!" was Takato´s comment, as Renamon´s paw struck him on the chest. She savored her small achievement, until...

"Pyro Sphere!!!!" ...until Guilmon´s own Special Attack struck her from below, sending her hurtling over a parked Mitsubishi. She was ready to jump back into the fray, when...

"Stop this!!" ...When Jenrya and Terriermon, from the top of the entrance ramp.

"This is none of your business!!" Yelled Ruki. "This is between the Gogglehead and me! You better not stick your nose into other people´s business, or your stuffed toy of a Digimon will me Renamon´s next meal!!"

"I can´t-stop now, Jenrya-" said a panting Takato, so getting the stares of the other two humans present. "I don´t- wanna fight.... Guil´s too young... don-don´t know how much longer... can hold out...but for my friend... I fight to the end..." he said, obviously in pain from Renamon´s strike, but still ready to fight.

"..this is crazy..." muttered Ruki. "...Renamon... finish this..." she said, while wondering if she was doing the right thing.

Renamon jumped again, and gathered the biggest Diamond Storm ever. She was already launching it in Guilmon´s direction, when...

"No!! Get out of the way!!" yelled the Yellow Fox, but it was too late. Terriermon was a deer in front of the headlights of hundreds of energy crystals, ready to shred him into bits...

"God, no!! Terriermoooon!!!!!!!!" was Jenrya´s anguished cry.... and then...

...his D-Ark shone with a blinding light.

On a split second, where the lovable Terriermon once stood, now was a much bigger figure, with twin revolving guns on his forearms. Giving in to old combat urges, the just digivolved Gargomon, started to shoot like a Texan on July the 4th.

Everybody took cover wherever they could, leaving the parked cars to suffer the punishment of hundreds of rounds fired on them. In the middle of the war-like chaos, Takato peeked over the hood of a totaled Toyota, to see...

Gargomon, aiming directly at Ruki´s head. The redhead was cornered onto a pillar, and by her terrified look, she was too shocked to react properly.

"No! Guilmon, let´s go!!"

As one, Digimon and Tamer rushed towards Gargomon. Takato, being slightly faster, jumped forward face-first. When he was about to reach his target, he spun on an upward kick...

Gargomon´s revolving barrel turned to a loaded chamber...

Takato´s foot made contact with the heavy weapon, turning it´s aim upwards...

The barrel locked on it´s firing position...

Takato´s leg kept going up, he being unable to stop himself...

Gargomon´s gun shot a single round...

...through Takato´s leg...

"Aaarrghhh!!!!!" was his pained scream, as he fell heavily on his back, and rolled a couple of feet. By then, Guilmon had tackled Gargomon away and through a concrete wall, leaving him dizzy and harmless. Renamon only had time to witness all of this, not being close enough to Ruki to help her.

The redhead was struck speechless. Half a second ago, she had seen her life going in front of her... then the idiot boy had saved her... gaining a bad wound in his leg...

Jenrya had watched in silent horror all of this... This was the reason he didn´t want Terriermon to Digivolve! he didn´t want ANYBODY to be hurt, just like Takato had! He came out of his stupor when he heard his new friend´s voice...

"Owdamnintdamnitdamnint!! It freakin´ HURTS!!!" he was still on his back, while clutching his wounded leg, blood poring from the wound.

"Hey!! Somebody would PLEASE gimme something for my wound?! I´m bleeding here!!"

Ruki had to react on that one. She owed her life to that boy -as much as it irked her to owe anything to anyone-, and knew she had a responsibility to fulfill. Grabbing her yellow scarf, she went to Takato´s side, and wordlessly dressed the wound. Looking closely, she realized Gargomon´s shot went through the calf´s muscle, and hadn´t damaged the bone. Also, the wound was very thin, and the entry and exit wounds were clean-cut , as if made with a sharp nail. Releasing a small relieved sigh, she finished dressing his wound, just as Jenrya, Guilmon, and a guilty-looking Gargomon approached them.

"Hey..." she heard the Gogglehead call her. Turning her eyes on him, he saw his face. There was an small grimace -obviously he was still in pain- but also he was... smiling...

"...thank you... you know... for patching me up..."

She stared at his earnest expression, then quickly turned away.

"...just repaying my debt... now we´re even." She knew they weren´t really even, but she wouldn´t admit that.

"...let´s go, Renamon. We´re finished here."

Renamon glanced where Jenrya was helping up Takato.

´You´ll never know, how grateful of you I am, young warrior...´thought her, and disappeared.

"Godimsorryimsorryimsorryimsorry!!!!!" kept babbling Jenrya. Dammitall to hell! How could he had left that happen!!

"Aw, don´t sweat it, Jen!" said Takato, a big smile on his lips, as he propped himself against Jenrya´s shoulder. "Don´t think it´s the first time I get holed up! As my dad says: ´The life of a Martial Artist is fraught with peril´. And anyway, in two days I´ll be as good as new!"

Jenrya stared at the boy propped on his side. "Either you´re very brave, or very stupid..." he said, shaking his head, a small grin tugging his lip´s corners. Weird kid...

"As I said: don´t you worry. The same for you, Gargomon!" He said. The shame-faced Gunslinger Bunny had to admire the boy. He had a great heart.

"Darn I´m spent! Let´s call it a day, OK? Let´s go, Guilmon!"

"Okee-dokee! Bye, Gargomon! Bye, Jenrya-mon!!" Apparently, the red saurian shared his Tamer´s easygoing attitude, mused the Chinese boy.

"Okay... good evening..."

And thus was the day finished. Only one thing worried our fearless hero:

"Mom´s gonna kill me for ruining my pants...."

°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°|

Ahhhhhhh! ! There´s blood all over my keyboard!! It´s horrible!! It´s gruesome!!

It´s-

....it´s catsup....

...Let´s just review the reviews, okay?

to Canis Black: Hilarious you say? heh, thanks, buddy! glad you liked it!
Don´t you worry about Martial Arts stuff... from now on, we´ll have more action.

to Serpent Treize: well, the problem with working with some anime is not everybody is familiar with them, and in this case, it´s really useful to have prior knowledge of Ranma 1/2. My advice? go by the videos, download the scanned mangas... you won´t regret it.

to Ran: yeah, poor Gogglehead... as for your weird mental images.... you´re evil. Mmmhh... mind if I make an Omake with your idea?

to Jamie: a Takatomon/Renamon/Rukimon triangle? heh. I like it.

to Josh: nice meeting you. We´ll miss you. @_@

to Regless: thank you very mucho, Sempai! Such good review from one of my favorite authors... it really boosts my ego! And about my mispelling some words: what can I say? I don´t have an English spellchecker on my Spanish Windows 98... Saludos desde SudAmerica!!
PS: I loved "Perfect Hazard", and I´m loving "Viral State". Keep writing, Sempai!!


That´s all for today, boys and girls, Otaku-Sama here, signing off.

Otaku-Sama (ICQ 12832029; AIM OtakuuSama)