Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Those Darker Chosen ❯ Return to Social Life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dis: I don't own any digimon characters.

Time: Takes place in the first series.

-----------------------------------------
Those Darker Chosen
Chapter 1--Return to Social Life
-----------------------------------------

It was nearly one in the morning during a cold, quiet night. The air outside was slightly colder than it usually was, but the boy in his bedroom didn't notice, not that he was asleep. Without even having realied it, he had been whimpering in pain for nearly three hours and was once again going to get almost no sleep as the pain seemed to drain the life from him.

The window creeked and slowly opened, but he didn't hear it. The sillhouette of a person seemed to glide in as nothing more than a dark spot in the air and touch down next to the bed. The instant the boy felt a warm hand on his cheek he tried to flip to the side and see who it was, though all his muscles felt a jolt of pain that preoccupied them.

There was a shhh sound at his ear, an almost calming sound. "It's alright, I know how much you hurt." Whoever it was, it was a girl.

The soft hand stayed in place as the boy was finally able to croak out a question. "Who are you?"

"I'm here to watch you. I'm your partner." He felt her kneel and put her other hand on his head. The pain vanished completely. His eyes opened wide to see the shadow hold something like a necklace in front of his eyes, "This, and I, will keep you from hurting anymore."

After school, fourteen hours later...

"I'm so bored today." one of the eight special kids said, adjusting his goggles for a second time since getting out of school just minutes ago.

Matt postured against a wall with the bottom of a show against it too, "We could just grab a pizza. I didn't get lunch today."

They stuck around and talked for a while, and one of them noticed a kid they haven't seen much of for a year.

"Krin?" Joe glanced wide eyed at the still vaguely sick boy that almost passed them without realizing it, "When did you get back?"

It took him a second, but he recognized them all, including the two younger siblings, "Oh wow, all of you look a bit different. I've been here the whole day."

Mimi continued to stare, not quite remembering what was wrong but knowing it was something for him to be out so long, "The whole day? Aren't you sick?"

He grinned through his still pale skin at them all, "I feel awesome. And I'm starving, so I'll have to leave you for now."

He turned his back to them and put a hand up in a still wave as he walked away in such a way that he almost hopped. Izzy scratched his frizzy head in confusion, "I remember him having a fatal disease. You don't just get better."

"Well, he looks happy, so I say we let him have that." Mimi smiled and instantly forgot all of it. Izzy wouldn't let it go, but at the moment the others decided on pizza and to talk about it later.

At the restaurant just a building away from them, Krin stepped in and ordered several random things to kill the hunger from him having to eat liquid food for so long. When he got his order, he sat at a table with a girl at least two years older than him and began to eat.

About halfway through a burger, he noticed her staring out the window, "You alright?" Within five seconds, he finished the burger and moved onto ther next thing.

"Yeah, it's just this world and these people. I don't like them." she spoke blankly without glancing at him and he pushed a bowl over to her side of the table. She saw and smiled, "I'll give your kind this, you know how to make food. So, how does it feel to be without pain?"

He stopped completely and sat still with the straightest face he ever made, "You have no idea how much I love it." He reached into his shirt and pulled out an amulet type object hanging around his neck, "This simple little thing took it all away."

She blinked and reached over the table, taking his hand and the object into hers, "Yes, this crest cures the wearer of all pain forever. You never have to feel it while you wear this."

"But I want to know." he stared down at it, "Why me?"

"I honestly don't know yet. All I know is that the instant I was born, I knew you before I met you." Her eyes went to the food that she started on as he played with the crest.

Minutes passed as they ate their food. Before they finished, there was a the sound of a crash outside. She was the first to stand, "That device I gave you, the info it put in your mind is still there, right?"

Krin nodded and jumped up, "Maidemon, is that a digimon doing this?" He went into his pocket and revealed an orange digivice.

A grin appeared on the digimon's face that seemed too giddy in the situation, "Yes, I can sense it." Before she headed out, the grin dropped and she turned to her partner, "Hide your face and make me digivolve."

"Why?" His hand went to the hood hanging on the back of his shirt after he put on some shades.

Maidemon didn't answer immediately as she took a moment to confirm her thought, "Remember those kids you knew? You need to hide yourself and me from them."

He didn't quite get it, but he covered himself and prepared to use the crest, "Since you're already in your champion form, I need this, right?" She nodded and he activated it.

She felt a burning surge rush through her and transformed, growing to ten feet and forming chains around her. Each chain had a hook or spear tip atr the end and she wore red cloth over every part of her except her head, which was covered by a red helmet with only line shaped openings running down it. Her new self took a breath and stood more, dragging her head into the ceiling and tearing her way out of the cafe. A gravelly voice came from the helmet, "Tormon. My name......is Tormon."

They both glanced around and saw large slash marks on cars and in the concrete, then his partner spotted it. "Above!"

He looked up and they both rushed from where they stood as a gold furred ape creature came crashing down into the ground, "What is that?!"

"Apemon." she grinned in her helmet, just in time for them to hear voices to the side.

When they looked, they saw Tai and the others, all with digimon next to them. Krin couldn't believe it, "You?!"

Tai didn't recognize him, "Another tamer?"

End of chapter

Next Chapter---New Crest