Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ TK's Journal ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

T.K's Journal

This is my second fanfic on Fanfiction.net. It shows events during my alternate timeline for Seasons 1 & 2 of Digimon. The format closely follows the journals used in Myth: The Fallen Lords, and its 2 sequels. Please email me with suggestions, flames etc. at Winston_jen@gmx.net. Thanks!

Tuesday June 23rd, Summer Camp

Oh boy! We went off to summer camp yesterday! Usually I would have to be older to be allowed to go, but because of my big brother Matt, my mom let me go to camp as well. Matt wasn't too happy at first, but he soon gave up arguing. There's not much point arguing with my Mom. Anyway, we arrived at camp after a 2-hour drive. There are 5 others with us - Tai, Mimi, Sora, Joe - even Tai's little sister Kari has come here. Even though the unnatural weather phenomenons make it hard to enjoy the activities - the strange summer snow forces us to stay cooped indoors. But the snow can't last forever, and we hope to be running around in the sun again within the week.

Saturday June 27th, Primary Village

On Wednesday we were awakened early in the morning by the sound of a raging whirlwind outside the cabins. When we realized that there was no wind coming from it, we moved closer. We were instantly wrapped in a greenish haze and torn from the earth. When we could see again, we found ourselves in the midst of a battleground. Throngs of red-eyed creatures, that we later learnt were called `Digimon', came upon us and were about to tear us limb from limb. Then what seemed like a miracle occurred. A bright light began to glow, and our assailants were consumed in the light. When the moment had passed, all that were left of them were a pile of zeroes and ones. We were then approached by two men, who later told us that they were two of the generals of this world, and their armies were all that stood between Myotismon and the destruction of the Digital World, and, soon after, our world as well. They were kind enough to offer us respite and safe haven from the dark hordes for a while. We were all mentally shattered by our experiences that I was unable to write until today. However, Morgen, one of the generals, has told us not to get too stressed - they need our help, and our rest will be short-lived. Fortunately though, we have all been given our crests, and our electronic companions have been able to digivolve to the Champion level.

Tuesday June 30th, Hugh's Prison, somewhere in the Bleak Desert

Yesterday we left our safe haven and were teleported into the desert, controlled by Myotismon. Our mission was to rescue Gennai, the leader of their armies. He was captured almost four months ago, and has been tortured and interrogated by Myotismon almost ceaselessly ever since. However, it went on to a rocky start. We were instantly set upon by a legion of troops, and this time the Morgen and his friend were not there to save us. We put up a good fight, but were overwhelmed by sheer numbers and thrown into an unkempt cell. Gennai is also here, that's the good news. Unfortunately, he has been unable to escape. This further erodes our resolve. If the strongest warrior on our side couldn't get out, what hope do we have? Things look increasingly grim with each passing hour. I have yet to mention our jailor. It is the demon Hugh Borealis, who Morgen told us decimated the divided lands in the South and East at the command of his master, before all others ceased their infighting and made a stand. Everywhere he went, the land itself would rot and decay, unable to bear life again, as if his existence was an affront to the land itself. If we cannot find a way to escape soon, the hopes of both worlds die with us. I have nothing more to write.

Friday July 3rd, The Poisoned Marshlands

We escaped two days ago, under circumstances stranger than any rumours could distort. Matt got fed up at being locked away, and yelled at Hugh to let us out. To everyone's surprise, he did. Eager to get his revenge, he then proceeded to king-hit our jailor in the head. He was about to do it again, but panicked and fell back when he saw Hugh regenerate the cut on his face almost instantaneously. Again to our surprise, Hugh did not retaliate. Gennai looked at Hugh as if he had met him before. He told Hugh to stand on his head, which he did. After half an hour of this, he seemed more convinced that he knew him. He asked Hugh to cut open his chest. Before any of us could do anything, Hugh did so. We were all shocked beyond comprehension. Where there should have been internal organs, we saw nothing. And in the place of his heart, there was a glowing crest, blue on one side and purple on the other. Gennai told us that Hugh was the embodiment of one of the crests - sacrifice. The other crests, he told us, had to be linked to a soul to allow their power to be utilized. Hugh, on the other hand, is the only crest to grow a soul. Gennai does not know how this occurred, though the Crest of Sacrifice was the only one that he failed to recover from Piedmon, who was also known as The Deceiver. Hugh must obey orders and will rarely do anything of his own accord. Apparently the Dark Masters never made Hugh take an oath to serve only them, which could be because Hugh becomes extremely unstable when he is not being ordered around. Gennai told us not to blame Hugh for his past transgressions against this world, for he had no control over his actions - he was merely an extension of the Dark Masters' ever-lengthening arm. "After all," he said, "if someone cut you with a sword, you certainly would not blame the sword." Hugh told us that Myotismon had him cut out his organs so he could be driven without rest, and to make killing him a tall order. And I thought Mimi was bad! In any case, Gennai. had him swear to protect and serve the Digidestined as long as they live: "My life is yours, till mine is no longer," he said. I hope this doesn't mean he'll try to commit suicide at the first opportunity.

Sunday July 19th, Somewhere in the Untamed Lands

We have traveled over 500 miles in little over two weeks. Not headed west to Morgen and safety, but north, towards the melted remains of this world's former capital and Myotismon's fortress. After our escape, Gennai convinced us that the last free cities in the West were lost - that our small force could contribute nothing to the futile battles there. "Those cities would fall," he said, "and all their people would die, whether we sacrificed ourselves there or not." Then he told us what we could do instead. Through conversations between some Dark Masters during his imprisonment, Gennai had learned that Myotismon had bonded all the other Dark Masters to himself to ensure their loyalty, and their power comes from these links. If he were to be killed, their entire armies would collapse and his lieutenants would be powerless. So he must fall. But now we are weeks away from even initiating a decisive battle, and we dare not take to the air for fear of drawing too much attention to ourselves. Between Puppetmon shadowing us from behind, and LadyDevimon waiting in ambush up ahead, I begin to wonder if they are racing to see which one can destroy us first. One good thing, though, is that Hugh no longer spreads death and misery where he goes, but has turned desert into fertile farmland, and marshes to beautiful gardens.

Last week, Myotismon appeared in his Mega form, ostensibly to reclaim Hugh. Gennai told us of the prophecy, and how our Angels had to shoot us through the chest to face off against Myotismon. However, they threw their bows to Kari and me, to truly test our courage. We were not ready to shoot our siblings, so we tested it by shooting Hugh in the head. He didn't die, and the arrows became a massive sword of Light and Hope, yet Hugh wields it surprisingly well with just one hand. Tai and Matt were next on the list, and their Mega Digimon fought bravely, but were outmatched. Fortunately, Hugh came to our rescue. He swung the sword in the air, and a massive beam of light shot from the heavens, incinerating Myotismon and forcing him turn into a murder of crows to escape.

To be continued. More to follow soon. Please R&R.