Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ To have Hope ❯ Awe ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Im not afraid of you!" Davis said rashly.
"To whom are you then, foolish boy?..." The thing said in an errie calm voice. Then It released it's attack on the small digimon and humans below him.
As a cold silver light hit them, Takeru's eyes widened, while all his breath was takken outof him. He glanded at Hikari and the others, before he crumpled under his own wieght, onto the cold, damp ground.
He lay, bent and twisted He recovered his breath, while snapping his eyes open, in frantic search for Patamon and Kari. He lay there, shaking, staring blankly at the figure of Kari.
She was doubled over in pain, grasping her sides, glistenings in the corner of her eyes. he saw Gatomon and Patamon on the ground, discarded like old children's toys.
It hurt so much she couldn't even move.Fires of pain erupted and raged all around her, burning her. she opened her eyes, still squinting in pain. She looked around. Such horrow she had not seen.
They laid, scattered, some moving, some dreadfully still. A movement caught her eye. She stared at the boy next to her. The blood mingling with his blonde hair.
TK saw her frightened look. he took a deep breath. he hoped he could defend Kari, Patamon, Gatomon and the others.
The Dark enemy laughed at his feeble attempt to rise. TK was no longer scared. He was irate. How could a digimon do such a thing?
"Why do you laugh? What is so..amusing about this?!!" The thing just laughed more, while it's eyes glowered over them.
Tk drew a breath, and called apon the last of his strength, as he spoke with vigor.
"I do not fear you." The digimon chuckled to himself.
"You think you can fight me and win? You amuse me so."
TK filled his lungs with a painful breath.
"I can have hope." He stood up. After those few words, a burst of gold light surrounded him.
Ken looked up at the new brightness in this dim time. He stared at his friend Takeru, it seemed as if he was dipped in the rays of the sun.
The evil digimon slightly retreated at the burst of light. With an uncertain air, the thing spat,
"You foolish human, you think you can defeat me?"
"I can...I will...and I am not a fool." Tk held his glare witht he vile form before him. If possible, his "light" grew brighter.
The attack came swiftly. He ran infront of the digi-destined, palms thrust forward.
Kari screamed his name. Everyone painfully glanced up at him. Patamon tried to digivolve, he tried so hard. No! TK! Patamon thought at him.
Centimeters away fromteh attack, the digi-destined turned thier heads, not to see what would befall of Takeru. But Matt and Kari looked on in hope...