Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tortured Soul ❯ Tortured Soul Part 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 5: "The Start of the Battle"

The team raced inside the dreary castle, in hopes of bringing their friend and leader to their side. They stopped in the main room, with dreary drapes, only one chair, and a fireplace.

"So where do we start?" Izzy asked the team. Even he himself didn't know.

Matt looked around and spotted a flight of stairs. He then remembered the vision that Tai gave him during his sleep. He was in the room next to the dungeon, and he knew that normal dungeons were dedicated as a basement in castles. "I know where he is. Follow me." Matt ran towards the stairs and ran down the flight, while the rest of the group followed after him.

"How do you know where Tai is, Matt? This castle IS kind of big." Mimi asked him.

Matt didn't pay attention as he and the group continued to run down.

Sora ran next to Matt. "Well, how do you know where he is Matt?"

Matt still looked ahead. "I know because he showed me, Sora."

"Showed? I think Matt went a bit overboard in this 'saving the day' deal. He thinks he has some sort of psycic powers." Joe suggested as he ran behind Matt, following by Kari.

"Joe, Tai gave me a vision in my sleep the other night. He showed me where he was and what Myotismon is doing to him."

Sora looked a bit angered. "Why didn't you tell us about this Matt?!"

Matt seemed a bit angered by Sora. Ever since Tai, or the Master of Courage, was captured by Myotismon, she seemed a bit more angered by the minute. He just didn't want her to get angry at him for something Tai did. "Because, he didn't want to worry you guys, alright?!" he said as he ran a bit faster to get in front of Sora, as to not look at her angered face. He didn't mean to yell at her, but he still felt bad about all of this, after all, he thought that if it wasn't for him, Tai wouldn't be in this position right now.

Sora slowed down her running. She was thinking about what Matt said. *he didn't want to worry you guys* was runnng through her mind. 'During all of this, he is still the stubborn person he was before. I just hope that he still won't be stubborn when we want to help him.' She thought.

Soon, after a 2 flights of stairs, they felt exhausted. Matt looked around to his new surroundings. There was a hallway, with dark red carpeting, and at the end of the hallway, there was another flight of stairs. He walked towards it, examining it.

"Matt, we need a couple minutes of rest. We can't be tired when we are rescuing Tai. I mean, now that we entered the castle, he is sure to wait for us wherever Tai is being held." Izzy suggested.

Matt knew that the computer whiz was right, as always. He walked back to the group and sat down on the ground, like the rest.

"Matt, didn't you say that you know what Myotismon is doing to Tai?" Kari asked him.

Matt looked at the little girl and slowly nodded.

"Well, what is he doing to my brother? I need to know. Please tell me Matt." Kari pleaded to him.

Matt looked down. He didn't want to tell the team what is happening to Tai, especially to his little sister, Kari. But they were going to find out sooner or later. He took a deep breath. "Well, Myotismon is taking his power by absorbing it. It is hard to explain but i will try. Tai is in a tube with some sort of liquid that is taking his power and slowly making Tai weak and soon Myotismon will have all of his power. That is the best I can explain it to you guys." He looked down. He didn't want to see their faces once he told them the news.

Kari's eyes slowly widened. She felt so bad for Tai, her brother. But she didn't want to cry. She knew that Tai wouldn't except that from her at this time. Sora on the other hand, looked like she was going to burst into tears.

"Ok, I think that we heard enough. I say that we continue right now, the more we sit here, the more Tai is weakening." Joe suggested.

The group nodded as Matt led the way. They were walking past the corridor and on the flight of stairs. Sora walked slowly. She was too deep in thought. Sora didn't like the fact that Tai might already be in Myotismon. She looked up at the team in front of her. SHe saw Kari, trying not to cry. Izzy and Joe were speechless; they didn't seem to talk alot after that little tidbit that Matt told us. She saw Mimi, looking almost as bad as she was. Mimi looked like she was going to cry as well. Then she saw Matt carrying T.K. on his shoulders. He looked so bummed out. SHe thought that he still feels bad about choosing the wrong Tai. T.K. felt confident but she saw that he has some worry in him, somewhere. 'Tai, I hope that we will make it in time. I wouldn't stand loosing you in this rotten castle. Just hang on a bit longer my love; we are alomst there.' She thought to herself.

Soon the group arrived at the dungeon. It looked just like the vision that Matt got. They looked around the room, with a bit of worry. "Matt, Tai isn't in here." Mimi said with concern.

"I know. He isn't in this room, he is in the next room ahead of us. Lets go!" he hollered out as he pointed towards the next room.

The group looked ahead and walked slowly into the next room. What they saw after that shocked them. There they saw in the middle of the room, was a tube filled with a blue liquid with a faint glow of something inside.

"Tai! Oh no!" Matt yelled. He ran towards the tube.

"Tai is in there?!" the group shouted as they followed Matt to the tube.

Matt looked at Tai with wide eyes as did the others. "He's in worse condition than when I seen him." Matt whispered.

Tai's soul looked like that it was slowly fainting, with it turning clear, to an invisible state. His eyes slowly opened as he saw his friends come to focus. "Guys?"

Matt sighed out a little. It was a good sign that he was talking.

"Tai you will be okay now. We will find a way to get you out of here." Sora said to him.

"I think not digidestined!!" A voice hollered from the shadows.

"Myotismon. . . ." Tai moaned out in pain as he spoke.

"You are too late. In 10 more hours, I will gain total power! And I thank you, Master of Courage!" Myotismon laughed as he leaped in the air towards the team.. . .