Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ True Love Makin' ❯ Hidden Secrets ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SA: Here is Chapter two, not much action...

Davis: Boo!!

SA: (eye twitch) But we do have a little bit of a cliffhanger. Enjoy kiddies!

--------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?"

Yolei twirled the phone cord with her index finger, pushing her glasses up.

"Jun? Is Davis there? ...ok, I'll hold."

She became a bit pensive as she heard various noises, footsteps, the sound of a door turning, and then some mumbling that could not be made out. Waiting and holding her breath, she heard the phone being moved. And then heard his voice.

"Hello?"

"Hi Davis!"

"Oh, Yolei... what's up?"

Yolei looked at her bare feet, and shuffled her weight. Then looked at Poromon who was busy eating some fruit on the table, and unsuccessfully getting all over it's face. She giggled softly, and then switched the phone to her other ear.

"Davis, I was wondering if you'd like to meet me at the park?"

"Sure, is their a special reason though?"

"No, I just want to be with you now. If that's ok?"

"Yea, I wasn't doing much anything anyway. So I'll see you there."

"Bye."

"Love ya!"

Yolei hung up the phone, a blush on her face. Every time he said he loved her she always blushed, it was like hearing it for the first time all over again. She felt her heart flutter, and always felt light-headed. Looking at Poromon she went to her room to put something on, and then grabbed her keys and after telling Poromon to stay out of trouble headed toward the park.

* * *

Davis put the phone on it's receiver with a smile on his face, he wasn't too busy... that much was true. He looked at the sparring gloved he was wearing, the padding made his fist look much bigger and they were blue. What other color would he wear? It was his favorite color, thank god that Demiveemon was blue... he wouldn't want his digimon any other color. Walking briskly back to his room, he shut the door taking a towel and wiping the sweat off his brow. The other day he had felt a small energy signature, and it didn't feel right.

"Davis, are you going somewhere?"

"Yea, I'm gonna meet Yolei at the park. Why?"

"Can I come?"

"I don't know Demiveemon, she just wants to spend some time alone."

"Oh..."

Demiveemon's eyes fell, and he tried hard not to look hurt. Davis gave him a sad smile and picked him up in his arms, then he looked into the little blue monsters eyes. He could see that it tried it's best not to cry, and Davis felt as if someone had punched him in the stomach.

"I'm sorry, but when I come back we can play all night."

"Promise?"

Davis tried hard not to laugh, he sounded like a little child. Then he put his pinky around the little blue paw and smiled brightly.

"I promise."

With that Demiveemon let a small squeal of joy, and Davis hurriedly coved his mouth before anyone could hear it. Putting him back on the bed, he pointed a finger as if commanding a puppy.

"Be good."

And with that he took off, telling his parents that he would be back later. And after a little teasing from Jun he was out the door, without his goggles. He didn't feel like putting them on, but he felt light-headed without them. (SA: Kinda like I feel when I take off my hat.)

Then it happened... he couldn't believe that it happened now of all times. But it happened whether he liked it or not... an enormous pain shot through his hand. (SA: Which one you chose doesn't matter) And he felt as if it were on fire, burning off... and he clenched his teeth tightly to keep from screaming. Groaning in pain, he looked for a small concealed place... finding a semi-dark alley. What luck, and making a quick sprint for it ran into the shadows.

"Urrghh... it burns... it freakin' burns!!"

Talking to himself in a hoarse whisper, Davis took a look at his hand... and found a purple energy emitting from it. Violet flames were dancing on his hand, and they were doing a ballet at that! He gripped his wrist with his other hand... and cried out in silent pain as the temperature of the flames seemed to rise greatly. The pain was becoming much worse, and he felt as if he would have to cut it off if he wanted it to end. But then suddenly it stopped, and he fell on one knee griping his hand gasping as his throbbing hand seemed to return to normal.

"*Wheeze* I... hope that's it for now. I better hurry up and meet with Yolei."

* * *

Tai was calmly walking the streets of his town, Odaiba. His hair being held up by his headband, and he felt a gentle breeze pass suddenly going through his mass of hair. He sighed and enjoyed the feeling, like when Sora would run her hands through it. He opened his eyes, not aware that he had closed them continuing his walk.

"Do you think Davis is hiding something?"

Tai remembered the words Sora had spoken to him only yesterday, and sighed with grief. His gaze glued to the sidewalk concentrating on his shoes. He felt sick, he knew what Davis was hiding. But Davis didn't know he knew, and what's worse is that he had his own little secret.

"So much for complete honesty in a relationship."

His mind traveled back to the theater, he had felt Davis' energy signature along with a few others. And that troubled his mind, he didn't like the idea of people in his city with energy that strong. It wasn't a good feeling... and their had been three of them. What really bothered him was that he couldn't tell if they were after him or Davis.

Taking a small break, he leaned against a brick wall. Hands crossed over his chest, and his head downcast. Then hearing footsteps he barely looked up to see a guy with a hat and a duffel bag walking by, he didn't pay much mind until the figure passed him. His eyes shot open and he flinched in shock, the guy had almost the same energy as Davis!

"Hey!"

The figure looked at Tai with a questionable look.

* * *

(SA: A little earlier)

"Oh man, sitting for six hours is not my idea of fun!"

A boy with a red baseball cap was walking away from the hotel he had spent in, still remembering the long train ride the other night. Sitting still for so long was not one of his best traits, and he was not in the mood for the short-tempered clerk.

"Ah well, it's good to be back anyways."

Pulling out his wallet, he checked his money hoping to catch some lunch for sleeping so late. A growl could be heard and he sweatdropped, then putting a hand to his stomach he mumbled about certain exotic foods he'd like to try. Tightening his blue gloves he searched for a rescue from hunger, and found one far across the street.

"Oh, I hope they have a buffet. I'm sooo hungry!"

Walking quickly he adjusted his duffel bag, and noted a boy with massive brown hair leaning against the wall. 'Dude, even I know it's time to get a hair cut when it's that big! And better yet... how much hair gel would be needed to fix that hair? A whole bottle?!'

Shrugging his shoulders he paid him no more heed, but then he was stopped.

"Hey!"

Turning his head the boy looked into the other boy's brown eyes. And felt his hand already grip into a fist, as if waiting for the next move. Then the boy with the large massive hair pushed himself off the wall, and with his arms still crossed looked at him with narrow eyes.

"You have an energy signature, don't you?"

His eyes opened wide, and he felt his duffel bag fall to the ground. Then with fists ready he looked into the other boy's eyes.

"What's it to you?"

"Do you have an energy signature?!"

"That's none of your business!"

"You stay away from Davis Motomiya, understand?!"

His eyes opened wide in shock, and he felt himself shake with rage. NO. ONE. EVER. SAYS. THAT. TO. HIM!

"Listen, and listen well... The names Kyo, and you don't ever tell me what to do. Got that?"

Tai looked on to the boy, who had not put his fists down. Then assuming a fighting position of his own, he stood there ready for a fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

SA: See, didn't I tell you it was a cliffhanger?

Davis: Oh, I'm putting my money on Tai.

SA: Yea, you do that. Anywho... stick around for Chapter 3. And leave me reviews dang it! Also, I added Tai in anywayz... why? Cuz I wanted him in on the action.