Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Two Towers ❯ Escape ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kari woke to find herself resting on the silent TK's lap. We both must have fallen asleep .
She was startled as fingers gently brushed her aurburn hair back. She closed her eyes as she let those coarse fingers sweep through her hair, caressing her scalp. The tingle and relaxing feeling she got from it. After a while she reopened her eyes, to look into deep midnight blue eyes, locked with hers. From the dim flickering light of the muted tv, she saw him smile, as he continued stroking her hair.
She breathed a sigh as she made herself more comfortable on his lap. He placed his arm across her mid section. He felt her quiver under his touch. He lightly kissed her temple and told her to go back to sleep.
Kari loved the warmth of his body. She went easily back to sleep after looking in his night sky eyes, it seemed as if he had stars in them, as they twinkled. Maybe she was dreaming, but it seemed a bit older, more mature. With that she settled her mind and went to sleep.
TK glanced at his watch. 6 am. Soon Someone should come in, or the doors be unlocked. He gently slid out from beneath Kari, to head to the bathroom and clean up.
TK splashed crisp running water on his face. There. He was a little refreshed. He was still tired though. As TK was fixing his hair, he heard a loud metallic bang. Sprinting out of the bathrooom, almost hitting the wall as he tried to turn, he sped into the room, finding Kari up and wide awake.
"Are you ok?" They both said hurriedly. They blushed.
"Yeah I'm fine Takeru." He seemed kinda surprised she said his full name. No matter.
"C'mon." Was all he said before he dragged her off to the locked doors. He pushed lightly at the stairwell door. It swung open.
"Automatic lock doors.." Kari murmurred. As they walked down the staiirs, Kari stopped, bent over and pciked up something off the floor.
"I believe this is yours." She held his hat. He couldn't believe he'd forgotten his hat. Actually he didn't care for it that much. He really cared for Hikari.
"What's mine is yours." He said grinning, and he put it on Kari. She grinned. She knew Tk would give his life for her.. but his hat? She was estatic.
"Wow you must really love me... to give up your to me... to never wear a single hat again." She winked, and started running before he could think about what she just said.
The rest of that day they spent trying to find Mimi's father. By 6 pm they were warn out and tired. Especially TK, who hadn't slept in 36 hours. They went from floor to floor , secretary to secretary. They finally found out the large tower next door was the one they wanted to be in.