Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Virtuous Lovers ❯ Confession ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Jou-san?"

"Yes, Iori-kun?... ...Iori-kun?"

Iori had been following close behind, but Jou turned around to see Iori had stopped walking. The younger boy also seemed different than usual. Instead of his usual polite upward glance, he stared at the pavement of the walkway. His firm but gentle hold on Upamon had turned into a bit of a squeeze. Even his face was a little paler than usual.

"Iori-kun? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm feeling completely fine. But Jou-san, I do have something that I need to tell you."

"What's that, Iori-kun?"

"Jou-san... I have to thank you for being so wonderful to me. You're an amazing person."

"Oh no, not at all."

"No!"

Iori stared upward at Jou now, looking very firm. Jou was surpised... Iori-kun usually appricieted polite things like humility.

"I'm sorry, Jou-san. Please don't misunderstand. I just wanted to be sure that you know that <B>I</S> think you're amazing."

And again he was facing toward the ground, now fidgeting with Upamon's fur. Jou smiled. So that was it, he thought, Iori's idea of a confession. "Right," Jou said, touching the top of Iori's head. "I've got it now. Thanks. And I like you, too."

"Really?" Iori said happily, looking at Jou. When their eyes met, he looked again. "Oh no, I mean... Well, I guess I did mean that."

"See, I told you it would be okay! Can you loosen up your grip now?" Upamon asked.

"Oh, right," Iori said as he followed through with the request.

Jou laughed. Iori's face turned red, but then finally, he smiled too.