Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors of Destiny ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warriors of Destiny

Epilogue

I do not own Digimon in any way, shape or form.

Gennai being dead, the twelve warriors weren't sure what to do. Their quest was over. They went back to their old lives but they never forgot each other or Gennai. It had been two weeks since Gennai's death. They still could not believe Gennai was gone. They had only themselves now.

Taichi the courageous warrior was more courageous now than ever. He kept an eye on his sister, the delightful fairy, Hikari. She made sure everything was in complete harmony.

"I miss them," Hikari said suddenly, "I miss them all."

"Takeru?" her brother asked.

She blushed slightly, "especially Takeru."

"I miss Sora too," he admitted.

"I want to see them again," she said, "go on another adventure again."

"We'll have our chance," Taichi said, "someday."

"I hope so," Hikari said.

Taichi turned around for the door.

"Taichi, where are you goin?" she asked.

"I'll return soon," he told her. "Don't worry."

*****

"What's the matter, Mimi?" Miyako asked.

Mimi kept staring out from her balcony, holding her head up with her hands and sighed. "Must you ask?"

Miyako rolled her eyes, 'oh not again.' She thought.

"It's been two weeks," Mimi said. "Where is he? How come he hasn't come?"

"You mean Yamato?" Miyako questioned.

"Of course, who else?" Mimi demanded over her shoulder. "I miss him. Sometimes at night I can hear his mandolin." She sighed and walked into her room. "But it just turns out I'm dreaming."

There were strums of a mandolin being played.

"Oh, I wish I could get that noise out of my head," Mimi said.

"Mimi?" Miyako said with a smile, "you should come out here."

"What?" she came outside, "are the birds---oh my!"

"Good to see you again, Yamato!" Miyako cried. "How were you able to get past the guards?"

"I have my ways," he replied.

"Yamato, I thought I'd never see you again!" Mimi exclaimed.

"You shouldn't think such things," he said.

"I'll let you two talk," Miyako said. "I think I'll go to the village and--"

"Visit the magic school?" Mimi demanded.

Miyako gasped, "N-no!" She turned away.

Mimi looked back out. "Play for me, bard Yamato."

"Anything for you, milady," Yamato said, strumming his mandolin."

*****

Taichi visited Sora's cave. "Sora? Sora are you here?" all he got back was his echo. Where was she? A bird flew at him and away. He followed it and found more birds flying around. They lead her to Sora. She stood with her back to him, her arms folded on the low branch of a tree.

"Sora?"

"Hmm?" she looked over her shoulder and found him standing behind her. She greeted him with a half smile then looked back into the distance.

Taichi walked up to her and slid his arms around her waist. "I missed you, Sora."

Sora did not reply but sighed.

He kissed her neck. "Had to see you again. Would you come with me to the village? You don't have to stay here, you know."

"I can't," she told him, ducking under the branch. "My place is here in the forest."

Taichi nodded. "I'll visit you whenever I can," Taichi said.

Sora smiled. "You will?"

"Of course I will." He placed his hand on hers, which was upon the tree.

Sora looked up at him dreamily. "Oh, thank you, Taichi." She leaned forward and kissed him on the lips.

*****

"Koushiro, there is a lady here to see you," announced a teacher.

"Who?" he asked curiously.

"Me," Miyako stepped in.

"Princess Miyako!" he cried in surprise. The other students gasped her name and knelt down in respect. He bowed his head and rushed to take her hand. "What are you doing here?"

"To see you, of course," she replied.

Koushiro looked behind him at his gawking classmates, "this way." He led her out of the classroom to a private room up the tower. "We can talk here."

"How are you, Koushiro?" she asked politely.

"Good, princess," he said. "Please, sit down. Can I get you something?"

"No thank you," she said as she sat in a comfy chair. "Yamato came to see my sister. I decided to come and see you."

"I'm obliged," he said.

"I just can't believe he's gone," she sighed.

"Gennai?"

"Yes," she whispered. "He taught us so much but there was still many things for us to learn. He died before he got to teach us. And I miss the adventures we had together. You think we'll ever go on another quest?"

"It's possible," Koushiro stated.

She reached for his hand. "You mean a lot to me, Koushiro…you put a spell on me."

"I did?" he asked, flustered.

Miyako giggled. "I've never met someone like you."

"Nor I."

"You're welcome to come to the palace anytime," Miyako offered.

"Thank you, princess," he said, "I'd like that."

"I wonder if I can come to this school," she said.

"Really? Become a student here?"

Miyako smiled, "I'd love to learn more about magic."

Koushiro felt his cheeks get warm. He paused and tried to find something to say. "Miyako, the most magical thing I've ever experienced was when I met you."

He took her hand and kissed it.

*****

Since her brother left, Hikari decided to give her wings a little exercise. Walking along the river was a certain elf.

"Takeru!" she cried.

"Hikari?" he looked around him and up in the air. "Hikari! I was hoping to see you again!"

She flew over him and reached her hand out to him. He held up his and they interlocked their fingers together.

"You can fly again," he said.

"Yes," she said, fluttering them a bit as she landed on her feet.

"I wasn't going to let you go," he admitted, "but I know how much you love your brother. I'd do the same for mine."

"Thank you, Takeru," she said.

He looked at her wings and touched them, "they healed quite nicely."

"And about time too," she moaned. "I had to keep on my feet until they healed."

He chuckled and squeezed her hand. "I'm just glad you're all right. I knew you were going to make it. I just knew that we were going to win our quest."

Hikari smiled and touched his cheek with the back of her hand. "So did I. That's why we're warriors of destiny."

"If we go on another quest," he said, "I'm hoping we'll win that one too."

Hikari laughed and embraced the elf. "It's so good to see you again! You mean so much to me."

Takeru kissed her forehead. "You mean a lot to me, Hikari. I'm so glad you survived."

*****

"Did you hear about all those people that were kidnapped by a demon?" one of the priests told another as Jyou was studying.

"Ah, stop that," the other said, "You'll scare everyone. That's not real."

"Yes it is," Jyou said quickly.

"What?"

"Have you forgotten that we were trained to notice evil?" Jyou demanded. "Remember when I left suddenly? It was on a quest to destroy a demon. That demon you were just speaking of. Nomived."

"It's real?"

"Yes, and I battled with it," Jyou said. "With eleven others."

"Why? Did you know what you were getting yourselves into?"

"No," Jyou replied. "I just had a dream. A man was speaking to me and told me to come to his mountain, where he was going to train me to become a warrior of destiny."

They all laughed at his story.

"It's true," Jyou gasped. "I tell you!"

"Jyou," his brother said. "Over here."

Jyou grumbled and walked to his brother, "James?"

{AN: Does anyone know Jyou's brother's, Jim, name in Japanese?}

"Help me with this girl," he said, "she's blind."

He looked at the blind girl sitting in a chair. She had to be a few years younger than Jyou.

"I'm Jyou," he said.

"Krista," she whispered, moving her head to his voice.

"She looks hungry," Jyou said to his brother. "Can you go get some food?"

"Absolutely," he left.

"Now don't you worry," Jyou said, taking the blind girl's hand. "You're safe here. You can rely on me."

"Thank you, sir." She mumbled.

*****

"Help!" cried a woman's voice in the wilderness.

Daisuke jerked awake. He had spent the night next to a lake. He groaned as he felt his back pop.

"I don't need this," he grumbled. "Aah!" He wished that he knew how to get back home, but it wasn't easy now that he didn't have his dragon to fly him place to place. Again shouted the cry for help. Daisuke realized it wasn't in his mind and someone was in danger.

"It never ends," he muttered as he slapped a mosquito off his neck. He picked up his shield and sword. He followed the cries for help. He saw a huge black dragon flying in the air, chasing its prey. A woman.

She fell into a ravine. Deciding not to keep running, she stayed there and covered her head. She prayed the dragon to leave her alone.

The dragon tried to claw her out of the ravine and just as its claws almost scratched her skin, Daisuke came to the rescue. He slashed the dragon's leg and made it back up. It blew smoke at Daisuke and he immediately held up his shield.

"Bad dragon!" Daisuke growled as the dragon tried swiping him with the tail. He ran his sword through its tail and charged for the dragon's heart.

As Daisuke fought the dragon, the young maiden peaked over the ravine. "Be careful!"

The dragon let out a howl of pain as the cold steel of Daisuke's sword went through its heart. Wounded and close to death, it backed off and went away.

Daisuke sighed, realizing this was the first time he fought a dragon after Vee died. Sheathing his sword, he turned around and knelt at the ravine.

"Are you all right, milady?" he asked.

She looked at him blankly.

"You are not hurt, are you?" he asked as he held out his hand to her.

"I-I know you," she whispered. "You're, you are--"

"Daisuke, the Courageous but Friendly Dragonslayer," he said, helping her out of the ravine. "Are you all right?"

She nodded. "Is it true that you owned a dragon?"

"Yes," he replied.

"Unbelievable. I just thought--"

"Just because I'm so brave and killed so many dragons doesn't mean I can't be friendly too," he said. "My dragon was a good companion."

"Was?"

"He was killed," he said sadly. "Died, trying to save me."

"I'm so sorry," she whispered. "Oh, forgive me. You saved my life. How can I repay you?"

Daisuke smiled, "there's no need."

"Oh, but I must," she insisted. "Please, sir knight, you saved me life. Let me give you a token of my gratitude."

"Well, I'm a bit lost," he admitted. "I can't find my way home. Could you direct me to the nearest village?"

"Yes, I can take you to my home," she said. "Please, this way."

"What were you doing out here anyway?" he questioned. "It's not safe."

"I was picking berries," she replied, nodding to her basket that was smashed on the ground. "They're no good now."

Daisuke followed her, keeping close incase other dangers came out.

"What's your name?" he inquired.

"Kendra," she replied.

He smiled, "Well, Kendra, you'll be more careful in the woods now?"

She blushed, "Er, yes."

*****

"Iori, you seemed to be somewhere else today."

"Yes, Sensei," Iori whispered, as he put away his sword.

"You haven't been the same since you've returned from the mountain," Iori's grandfather said.

"I know," he sighed. "I know."

"I'd like to know the things you learned up there."

"I never told you, have I?"

He shook his head.

Iori blushed, "Sorry. Searched for destiny stones. They were magnificent. Never seen them before. We found them and then we summoned the guardians. After that, we searched onward to free an island from a spell."

"What about the man on the mountain?"

"Died," he replied sadly. "Killed in a fight with a rival. They both died."

"I'm sorry to hear that," his grandfather said, "but you've got to keep on learning. Keep learning."

"Keep learning," Iori echoed, "you're right. Keep learning."

*****

Ken was as kind as ever, though it was hard. He lost someone else in his life and took it rather hard. He wanted to keep people away from him so that he wouldn't have to lose someone else again, but he knew he had to hold onto his kindness.

"There must be something I can do," he whispered to himself as he was scouting in the night. Then it dawned on him. There was something.

He saw Daisuke telling a girl about a story and he called to him.

"Daisuke, over here!"

"Ken, is that you?" he questioned as he walked into the shadows.

"Yes, I have an idea. Let's return to the mountain. Tell everyone. To go to the mountain."

"Gennai's Mountain?"

"What other mountain could I be talking about?"

"All right. I'll be there."

Everyone got the message quickly and wasted no time to get to the mountain.

"Nothing has changed," Sora said.

"We should come as a group to the mountain and visit Gennai's grave," Daisuke said. "So that will never forget him."

"We can't forget Gennai," Hikari said, "he is always with us."

"Yes, I am," whispered his voice in the wind, "always, my warriors of destiny."

End

Review or email me your comments.