Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ We Met On The Net ❯ chp 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

We Met On The Net

ST: My oh my, I'm just full of updates, aren't I?

So, here's the fourth chapter in my little "net set". I'm really surprised on how popular this story is! I'm not even trying to make it good!

I mean, I'm sooo glad you all like it! You all are so kind!

Oh, just a note, the joke told in this story was told to me by a very good friend of mine that I met during computer camp. He was so funny and nice. And smart! And cute… =)

But, anyways, if you want to see what I was doing at computer camp, go to my (updated!) profile and click the link at the bottom. The one labeled: My web site I made at computer camp.

Other than that, I hope you really enjoy this chapter. I think it's pretty funny, if not uneventfull.

Thankie time!

mima57775, miricles-3, digigirl-izumi, Starlite Nightfall, destiny, Megami Kinshin, Renn, It's ME!, DarkLights,

Another World: Thank you! They were yummy! Oh, by the way, (gives you a pen) here's a new one. =)

PerpleXed: Dudie. I wish I could read what you typed. (sweatdrops)

A Takari Lover: Thank you! It's nice to know that I'm "SO !@#$%^ UP!"

Tyson FoxFlame who's high on Disneyland: I just like yer name! =)

Point, LoveSovereign, It's ME!, and DarkLights.

You all are so nice! And I got my first straight out flame! From A Takari Lover! I think ATL is upset that I put Kari with Davis instead of TK. (sweatdrops) I did put the coupling on the summary, did I not?

Yeppers, that'd be all for now! Oh, sorry bout not bolding or itallicing. Ff.net is being a jerk right now.

On with the story!

[the net set]

[chapter $]

Shygy and hpless were to meet three more times after that. And two out of the three hpless did not show up. The other was because shygy had an emergency including a menopausing mother and a father away on business. Poor Ken, uh, I mean, poor shygy had to handle his distressed mother all by himself.

But the other two times shygy did wait for hpless, in front of the arcade once more and the other down the street from the local park. Both times though, no hpless.

But, good ole Takeru Takashi, me!, somehow ran into shygy, er, I mean, Ken. And both times me and Ken hung out and had a blast. I loved living a double life. It was super cool.

Okay, so this was my excuse for not fessing up to Ken/shygy. I was living in a cool double life! … Yea right. Denial was so not a nice friend to have, especially in times like these.

I knew the whole time that I had this unexplainable crush on shygy. But taking a liking to Ken was as anticipated as finding out he was my online chat friend. Even though Ken and shygy were, like, the same person, it just wasn't the same, you know. We had like two sides.

And not only is that part confusing, but the part that had me baffled was how much fun I was having with Ken online, and then how much fun I was having with Ken offline.

Not to mention the continuous question: which one did I like better?

Now that was a hard question. Shygy and me, hpless, had so much in common and could talk about everything and if anything. Ken and me, me-me, we just had fun hanging out.

Lost yet? Well, try living it. The fourth time shygy and hpless had planned to meet had to have been the most fun of them all. I told him to meet me, hpless, at the nearby park, a different one from last time, for I had a plan that would help me, me-me, not look like I knew where he was going to be every time.

And he accepted.

[][][][]

That day was to be perfect. Tai and me planned to shoot some hoops at the only basketball court in Odiaba, the one in the park by the Elementary school that all us digidestined went to, except Ken of course. We played one on one for an hour, a long enough time for Davis and Kari to "do the hibbidy jibbity" and for a certain someone to wait for a certain no-show.

Sure enough, right on time, there was Ken's thin frame sitting on a bench down the sidewalk from where Tai and I stood, in front of the soccer field. Seeing him, I stole the ball from Tai, did a left hand lay-up, and laughed pompously. "Ha! That's, what Tai? 18 to 4? And, what is the game called?"

Tai scowled playfully and attempted to take back the ball from its current dribbling position in my right hand. "I'm well aware that the game is called 20, so give it over and I'll get up there. I can count too, you know."

Hearing our overly loud voices (I was doing it on purpose, Tai was just naturally loud), Ken looked over and noticed us. I noticed him noticing us and slowly drug out the game as slow as I could. Basketball just wasn't Tai's sport, although I'd give him E for effort. As I sunk the winning shot right through the rim, Ken approached us and laughed as I did a victory dance along the three point line.

"Ahh, victory is mine, again!"

Tai rolled his eyes and against his will smiled, too. "Yea yea. How did you become so humble TK?"

The truth was, I never really am very braggish. It was because Ken was there, to my left, watching me with his pretty eyes and happy face. But Tai didn't seem to notice a difference, for he played along like this was a daily routine. Which was fine by me.

It didn't take long for Tai to feel the other presence, and he turned to face Ken after a few second. "Oh. Hey Ken!"

"Hello Tai. Hi TK."

Tai grinned at Ken and Ken shyly grinned back. There was this unspoken tension between the two, almost like they weren't so comfortable around each other. Which was completely understandable due to our digidestined days. Tai never could forget, but he did forgive. He was naturally friendly and Ken was naturally polite. And that was that.

As they smiled their hellos to each other, Tai started to make his way towards the end of the court where two water bottles lay. "So, TK, I've got to go make sure that Davis wasn't being serious when he said hibbidy jibbity, okay? Laterz. Uh, bye Ken."

We both nodded goodbye to the older teen and watched him pick up one of the two bottles and then jog back towards his apartment. Turning to Ken, I smiled excitedly and said, "So, what brings you to Odiaba?"

Sighing softly, Ken replied nonchalantly, "Oh, just hoping to run into someone."

I smiled brightly. "Really. Could that someone be me perhaps?"

Ken laughed and shook his head. "No, but it looks like my search was futile. He's not here."

Frowning to say my apologies, I took my aim and shot. "Well, that's too bad. So, do you want to do something?"

He nodded and we walked over to the other water bottle and I picked it up. Ken then said, "What are we going to do this time?"

"This time?"

Nodding again, Ken explained, "Well, the last time I was in Odiaba I ran into you and we hung out in the park, remember?" Remember? How could I forget? I was so lucky that I didn't slip up and reminded myself to play dumb.

"Oh yea! That was awsome. But, I was thinking something different."

"What?"

"How about laser tag?"

"Cool!"

[][][a/n: h=tk and s=ken. Damn ff.net is not letting me bold nor itallic][][]

That same day, at about 11 pm, as I sat down on my desk chair and clicked my internet hook up button, I reminisced about my day with Ken. Laser tag, skating, and then custard at Culvers. It was a blast.

As soon as I was connected, I received an IM.

S: heys there. what hapnd 2day?

Time to kick in the excuse power of the Takashis.

H: oh shit. im sry. i had a flippin dentist appntmint that my mum didnt tell me bout till this morn

S: oh ok

H: yea, im real sry. i wuz really lookin forward to meeting you

S: mb next time

H: yea

S: so, did you hear about the soccer scores? can you believe japan beat england?

H: did they? that kicks!

S: you dont watch soccer do you?

H: not reely. rather watch basketball. much better

S: you any good?

H: sure! why? you wanna try me?

S: lol. no thats ok

You see? Perfection online and offline. I had it made.

[][][][]

But, like everything in life, things don't stay perfect forever. At least I didn't have to sit in denial that long, unless you call two months and three weeks long. But I don't want to sound pathetic, so I'm saying two months and three weeks is nothing.

One pretty mellow Saturday morning, one week into summer and one week after the last hang out with Ken at the laser place, I got an unexpected visitor.

No not Davis. He was already there. Sure, he was unexpected, too, but for all the years that I've been best friends with him I should've expected him to drop by at any unforeseen time.

Naw, I'm sure that you can guess that it was Ken. Surprise surprise, huh?

Anyways, I opened the door to see the, yes, very cute Ichijouchi pride n joy on my doorstep. I was literally speechless. "Uh, K-ken."

"Hey TK." How could he smile like that? If only he knew how his smiles sent goose bumps running all over my arms and shivers down my back.

"It's the Kenmyster!" Leave it up to Davis to somehow be at the wrong place at the right time, if you know what I mean.

"Oh, hi Davis. I should've known you'd be here. I need to talk to TK, so you be a good boy and sit tight, kay?"

Davis nodded sarcastically and gave me a toothy grin. "You behave you two. We can only have two sex-crazed fools in this town, and Kar and me already fit the slot."

Smirking evilly, I struck back with a stinging remark. "Yea yea Motomiya, you better not touch that phone while I'm gone. I don't need you to rack up the phone bill with calls to you precious Kare-bear. Okay?"

Seeing that I had hit gold with Davis' secret nickname for Kari, I walked out the door, leaving Davis to his rage and pouting, closing the door behind me. Ken and I stood there for a moment, just kinda hanging out, if you know what I mean.

Then, "So, TK, this may sound pretty strange, but I was wondering, would you mind if I referred you to a friend of mine?"

Caught off guard, I stuttered, "Huh? Wha-what'dya mean? What friend?"

Ken shrugged. "Oh, just, a friend. You two sure have a lot in common."

"R-really? Um, maybe I know him. What's his name? Or, her?"

Smiling a bit goofily, Ken replied, "Oh, you remember, the friend I keep trying to get together with? Yea, him. He's an online friend, you know. The kind you meet online."

"Yea, online." Somehow I knew the shit going down. "Y-yea. They're cool. B-but, why me?"

"Oh, just cause you two seem to like to do the same things. You both enjoy basketball, you both love the band Xantic. You know, simple things." Crap. I'd told both the online and offline Ken these things.

"R-really? Th-that's just awsome!"

Ken nodded. "Yep, I know. Hey, but anyways, do you wanna do something? Knowing Davis as well as I do, he's on your phone right now, speaking sweet nonsense to Kari."

Not even checking to see if Ken was right, cause I knew he was, I said yes and we headed out towards the downtown area of Odiaba. As we walked along on the sidewalk, Ken told me a joke, and I hyperventilated.

"So, there's these two muffins, right?"

Shit shit shit! Ken is trying to get me and me-online-me to, to- I don't know what, but he's trying something!

"And they're put an oven-"

What am I going to do? I can't pretend I don't know what he's talking about! That's just mean!

"So, the first muffin says, `It's gettin pretty hot in here.'"

Or is it? Cause if I lie to Ken, then he won't find out I've been frauding the whole time, that I'm a sneaky online, double crosser- person.

"And the other one says, `Holy crap! A talking muffin!'"

Then again, if I lied to Ken, I'd lying. And lying is never good.

"Heh, did you hear that TK? Talking muffin… heh, uh, TK?"

But in this case it might be. It is a tricky sticky situation.

"Takeru?"

"Of course if I told ken I was the online person, he'd freak and never want to talk to me again."

Hearing my voice, I suddenly stopped walking and turned to Ken. "Shit. I said that out loud didn't I?"

[to be continued in the fifth installment of the net set]

ST: Hah! Cliffhanger! I'm sorry, but I just had to leave it like that! So, go on and review, okay? Yep! Review this chapter for your nice widdle authoress! And now, I must go. I have to go mow my lawn. Then come back inside, read some stories, read you reviews, then update 02 and possibly this story!

Til then…

[tbc]