Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10:

Daisuke peeked around the corner, and then seeing the coast was clear, began down the hall to the door.

"Hey Davis."

Davis "eeped" and turned around with his signature goofy grin on his face.

"Uhh… Hi there Izzy!"

"Where do you think you are going?"

"No where."

"Where's that?"

"In the park?"

Koushiro glared at Daisuke as if trying to read his mind and see if he was lying.

Daisuke continued with his grin until the other finally seemed satisfied.

"Alright." Koushiro gave one more glare before returning to his own room.

The brunette gave a heavy sigh of relief and continued his way to the door. Once he got there, he noticed the door wasn't even shut properly. Daisuke was never one to think to long and he soon forgot all about the door as he headed down the stairs and stepped out on the street.

He glanced around out of habit. A figure leaning against the entrance of the building caught his eye, and Daisuke remembered the fact that the door hadn't been shut properly when he was leaving.

"So you used my interrogation as a distraction to leave?" He asked while grinning at the other brunette.

"I needed to get out of that place." Taichi replied nonchalantly.

"Yeah I know what you mean. Koushiro can be an over protective nit picking mother hen sometimes." Daisuke laughed along with Taichi.

"Well have fun getting some air. I better get back inside before he notices I am missing."

Taichi turned around and headed back inside.

Daisuke headed first in the direction of the nearby park, but suddenly turned sharply and headed up another street. He glanced around the street till he found what he was looking for. He slowly wandered up to Takeru.

If Daisuke hadn't known what to look for he would have never seen the blonde. The blonde hair was covered with a backwards baseball cap, and dark sunglasses covered the light blue eyes. His lean form was covered by baggy kakis, and a loose black shirt. To anyone around Takeru looked like a teenager.

Neither man said a thing as they began their way down the street heading towards the park.

"So why can't we just meet in the park?" Daisuke asked once they were in a safe grove of trees.

"I don't know. Does it really matter?"

"Not really"

"Then why are we still talking?"

Daisuke didn't answer, but instead left at the blonde with a demanding and impatient kiss.

The brunette quickly lost all reserve. "I. Missed. You. So. Much." He gasped out between short kisses all over the blonde's face.

Takeru gave a gasp that quickly turned into a moan as Daisuke went for his ears and played softly with his ear lobes.

"I missed you too."

~*~*~*

Tai sighed sadly as he watched Daisuke leave. He knew that the other boy wasn't going for a walk like he had said. Tai was at a moment of indecision. Koushiro would start to wonder soon where he was, but he really wanted to do just about anything besides going back inside.

Tai finally made up his mind and set out with determination in his step. He didn't know exactly where he was headed but it was away from the place he had been shut up in since he had gotten out of the hospital.

The aimless wandering was fun at first but quickly lost it's thrill. Tai looked around and went into a momentary panic when he didn't recognize anything. Then he saw a mall. It was the same mall that his last modeling show had taken place. That was only a couple weeks ago although it seemed like an eternity.

The brunette headed inside the building and was quickly pulled into the throng of customers rushing around. It had been awhile since Tai was surrounded by so many people and it took him a moment to gain his balance again.

When he did, he headed towards the center of the mall to where the show itself had taken place. The stage had already been taken apart, and nothing was there. Tai looked around again and saw the store that had sponsored the show a little ways off. He slowly made his way there.

Once he got there he didn't go in, but instead looked at the advertisements decorating the entrance. He recognized a few of them as some models he had seen occasionally around his manager's office. Tai smiled as he saw a picture of Mimi and Hikari. It was taken right before the show. Next to their poster was a picture of a vaguely familiar looking guy. Tai stared for a few moments then jumped in shock as he saw a glare off the window of his reflection. Tai was able to compare himself to the picture

It was him.

If Tai stood next to the poster all day, no one would be able to recognize him. It was probably a combination of several things. One was the fact of the company digitally editing any slight blemish, and another was how sickly he currently looked. Tai instantly felt like crap. The slight high he had gotten from escaping was gone. He lost the slight bounce in his step.

With a heavy sigh he turned and started to head out of the mall.

Tai stared at his feet as he left the building and walked back to Koushiro's apartment. His stomach rumbling finally dragged him from his depressing thoughts. He made sure a had a little money, and then headed into the nearest restaurant.

He bought a hamburger and headed into the park to eat it. He went a little further in the park than necessary because he didn't want to be disturbed.

In the shade, he sat on a bench and ate his lunch.

~*~*~*~*~*

Yamato left the building with a vengeance. He was going to KILL his brother. Every time they went into hiding he never failed to somehow manage to sneak out and meet Daisuke. He was going to get caught!

This time Takeru snuck out he had gone to all extremes. He had waited till Matt was asleep, hid Matt's shoes, and all of Matt's pants had mysteriously disappeared.

Well, Matt had the upper hand this time though! He knew what his little brother was planning. Matt had hidden an entire extra set of clothes!

The blonde had waited till Takeru was out the door before starting to follow. Yamato had continued to follow him for a while before he got lost in a crowd. He had found him again entering the park, but he lost the other two down one of the twisty pathways.

Now Matt had wasted nearly an hour trying to find his way around the place. He was exhausted. He looked around where he was for a spare bench. He saw none.

The blonde walked a little further on, and finally saw a resting spot. The only problem was that it was occupied. `Well, the other person could just move over' he thought with finality and sat down.

"Can I sit?"

"Sure… Matt?"

Yamato glanced down and nearly fainted with shock, because none other than Taichi was sitting on that bench. He mumbled something incoherent.

"What?" Tai asked.

"I said I think I love this bench. What are you doing here?"

"Nice greeting, and I am getting away from Koushiro. What about you?"

"I am trying to find Takeru."

"Oh well him and Daisuke are in that group of trees over there. You going to go drag them apart?"

"No" Matt answered a little distantly. "They don't seem too important anymore."

Matt quickly sat down with one last coherent thought before he kissed Tai. `Talking is way too over rated.'

For the first time in days both were completely happy and blissfully ignorant to the world around them.

Two sets of eyes peeked out of the bushes. One was blue and the other brown.

"I don't think I have ever been happier to see Tai."

"why is that?"

"He distracted Matt. I think I have found the perfect way to always sneak out."

"How?"

"You get Tai at the same time I get Matt. They distract each other and we can do whatever."

"Well, now that the short crisis of `my big brother is going to find us' is over, can we get back to what we were doing?"

"Yep"