Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wormmon's Lament ❯ Wormmon's Lament ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Wormmon's Lament

Oh Ken, my dear friend. What have we become?
The darkness around us has twisted us both, turning you near insane with lust for power and control, and turning me into a coward paralysed by fear and dread.
You sit shrouded in shadows trying so desperately to control and conquor, you couldn't see that the only battle is within you, not here in the Digital World, but inside your own heart.

You were tainted by darkness and desperation. Your lonliness gave it a path, leaving shadows on your soul. But I am am your digimon i will never leave you alone.
Even when you began to be cruel to me, to the one who knew the truth about you. To the one who has seen the real you.

I had to break the darkness around your soul. I needed to melt the wall of ice you formed about your heart. I reached the kindness I knew lay inside you, becuase you broke your promise to me.
So i throw myself into the void for you, as only a real friend would. To save save the Digital World, and to save your soul, I must leave you.

I am sorry Ken.
For not stopping you sooner, for not being brave enough or strong enough to stad up to the blackness that was taking you over.
I'm sorry that i must leave you.

But for Digimon dead is not forever. I will return.
But to find me you must first find yourself.
I'll wait for you Ken. We'll be together again, someday.

The End.