Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Yamura ❯ Dude, Where's My Car? ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Yamura

Chapter Two: Dude, Where's My Car?!

"Since the appearance of that woman, all of our plans are falling into shit!" Taichi fumed as he handed a picture of a woman in her twenties with long chest-nut hair and hazel-brown eyes. He sighed haughtily and positioned his hands behind his head and leaned back against his chair for support.

Opposite of his desk, a man, unknown in the dimness of the room, watched the picture intensely before replying one single word.

"Beautiful..."

Taichi glanced at him from his position and groaned in disbelief. This was the last thing he wanted from someone he collaborates. Falling in love with the enemy. A few minutes past and he sighed, mentioning that he was getting enough of it. Taichi blinked a few times before he was even aware that the man was drooling over the picture.

"Stop that!" Taichi ordered him in disgust where the man looked up with a fierce stare.

Taichi exhale noisily, but was confused why the man gave him that look, but still he continued.

"You're here for the task and I can't tolerate if someone's already going gaga over her!" He said, before searching his pack of cigarettes in his pockets.

The man nodded irritably and grunted. He was angry that Taichi interrupted him from his dream about the woman on the picture. Satisfying the man that was being wanted the most in all the countries; he placed the picture back on the desk, but tried to peek if he had the chance when Taichi wasn't looking.

Once Taichi found his cigarette, he lit it up and started smoking it. He felt much relax when he did that. It was like all the weights on his shoulders were disappearing, leaving him in a reverie… But he snapped when he saw the man staring at him warily.

"You look tired…" The man alleged.

"Sorry, I haven't slept for days now…" Taichi told him as he yawned after that.

"It's not only that girl that's disturbing you, isn't it?" The man asked, folding his arms in front of his chest.

"Yeah… The girl is not compare to what I hate yet panic the most this minute. Tachikawa's just a little challenge for me which I can wipe out any time. Unlike her, there's another one that's been threatening me from the beginning when I started this entire damn operation!" Taichi grumbled when he slammed his fist on the desk, leaving the man with a smirk.

"And that leaves only to one single man that's been my rival ever since too. Yamato Ishida!" Taichi thought when he frowned.

"Yamura, I assume?" The man replied, like he could read his mind.

Taichi glanced at him. Although he couldn't see his face, he knew he was smirking. "How'd you now?" Taichi asked as he placed his cigarette on the side of his lips so he could speak.

"It figures…" The man said matter-o-factly, giving him a hint of anger in his voice. "He has already put dozens of my men in jail plus he beaten me almost till death."

"I don't want to be rude or something, but how?" Taichi wondered.

"You sure want to know?" The man asked.

Taichi only nodded. The man crooked forward from his chair and that's when Taichi wished he'd never agreed on the first place. The man that's been in darkness for hours has now revealed his face to him. The first thing that Taichi noticed was a large cut that started from his skull, through his closed eye and ended till it reached the end of his cold blue lips. His red-brown hair was so long that he tied it up in a pony-tail from not getting it in his way. Because of the large cut, he only managed to look through one eye and that's when Taichi saw the twinkle in his eye. Revenge and hatred. Just like him.

From the sight of this, Taichi saw him like a kind of pirate, but only his malformed face made him think as a slaughterer in horror pictures. Besides, that's what he is anyway.

"Koushiro…" Taichi was left with no words.

He was scared, yet horrified at the same time. He could only whisper out his name in disbelief. His cigarrete has already fallen from his mouth on his desk. A trail of smoke emerged afterwards, showing that it's dimming down.

"Scared?" The man called, Koushiro, said.

"H-How… How did it happen?" Taichi stuttered, still chocked.

At this, Koushiro sat back in his chair, back in the dimness of the room.

"As much as I like to make clear this to you and due the fact that you're my best friend and the most trustworthy companion I ever had, I can't inform you how I got this mark." Koushiro replied. "It brings me back memories I wish to forget."

"I understand." Taichi nodded thoughtfully, regaining his strength to look at him in the eye.

"Now, what was my mission again?"

****

"YOU DID WHAT!" Mimi's voice was loud and clear causing the whole building to hear her.

"Like it told you before, I was racing against them and I after that challenged them to drive into each other. That's when I hit them first and well your car exploded after that…. But I still had the time to get away from it…" Yamato explained, while scratching the back of his head uneasily.

"I don't care if you escaped! I care about my car!" Mimi yelled.

"Miss Tachikawa, would you please calm down a minute?" Jyou asked her gently, yet with a hint of irritation. He was scared that his boss would come to see all the commotion that one single woman was making towards on of his agents.

"How can I be calm?" Mimi spat. "He destroyed my car!" She said, while pointing towards Yamato.

"Look, I'm very sorry for you car…" Yamato apologized.

"Shut up!"

Yamato sighed. He knew this had to come sooner or later, but he never expected so soon. Suddenly he was got off guard and he felt a heavy punch on the left side of his cheek. He didn't saw that coming!

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Yamato shouted when he looked down at the one who punched him.

"There's nothing wrong with me! It's you who's putting me into this!" Mimi exclaimed.

"I already said sorry so what do you want me to do?!"

"How about paying me back first? That's sounds reasonable!"

"What! I won't pay you for that shit! It's not even worth it!"

"It is to ME! Now hand over the money!" Mimi yelled while opening her hand.

Yamato looked away from her hand and stared at Jyou. "I didn't do it on purpose." He groaned at him furiously.

"Just pay her so she finally shut up." Jyou whispered in his ear.

"Hey, I heard that!"

Yamato groaned. He took his wallet from his pockets and handed her a handful of money, not caring how much he had given to her. "Here." He spat. "Hope you pick a better colour than pink." He amusingly replied.

Mimi glanced at him fiercely and ripped the money from him on purpose to cut him in his hand.

"Ouch!"

"Oops, sorry. It slipped." Mimi smirked.

Yamato send her a furious glance before mumbling something underneath his breath which Mimi didn't catch it.

"Now, could we please get to the point here?" Jyou pleaded to the two. "We already lost half of our precious time with this bickering and we need to get this over quickly."

Yamato and Mimi nodded and each of them took a seat on the table. Hours have passed and Yamato saw the sundown outside the window. He wished this meeting would be over soon so that he could dash in his room, take a shower and jump in bed to relax, but no… He had to stay here, hearing all of Jyou's nagging when he finally came to a conclusion which took hours of explanation.

"…So, since the Frontiers know you will have a party tomorrow, you can count on that they will come and assassin you." Jyou told to Mimi.

Mimi had a blanked expression on her face, but she knew this was coming. "I wished I had never made that remedy…" She whispered "…But as doctor… It's my duty to risk my life…" She said proudly.

"Hey, it's me who's risking my life here to save your butt unless you didn't figure it out yet." Yamato reminded her.

"And I appreciate it…" Mimi whispered, full with sincerity.

"Don't cheer yet, Princess, I didn't say I was going to do this." Yamato sneered. "You assumed I was." He smirked.

"WHY YOU!"

Mimi was ready to stand up, wiping out the smirk he was giving to her, but Jyou hold her back with a sweat drop.

"Please you two…stop fighting…" Jyou pleaded. "We already have enough to worry about and with you two already disputing from the beginning will not solve anything. Now, please stop and listen carefully to what I've got to say." Jyou ordered them.

Yamato sighed from frustration and Mimi sat back in her chair.

"Miss Tachikawa I will make sure that Agent Yamura will come to your party and protect you from any harm even if he doesn't want to." He said as he eyed towards Yamato.

Yamato made a sound but only kept his cool and closed his eyelids.

"Don't worry, I'll promise." Jyou finally told her.

Mimi nodded.

"Good." Jyou said when he stood up. "I think it's better to leave the rest for tomorrow and jump into our beds. " He proposed when he saw Mimi yawning. "I will gladly escort you to your house Miss Tachikawa, but unfortunately I have some arrangements to complete. Yamato!"

"Huh- What?" Yamato startled by hearing his name. He was already dozing off when someone rudely yelled at him. "What is it this time?!" He groaned when he set an elbow on the table while his head rested in his hand for support.

"You will bring Miss Tachikawa back to her house safely." Jyou informed him.

"WHAT!" Yamato's hand slipped, making his shin to hit the table slightly hard than he expected. "What do you mean I have to do that?!" He protests. "I'm tired too you know!"

"Well, I wouldn't be asking for it if I still had my car, but since a stupid moron wrecked it in pieces I guess you have no choice then!" Mimi reminded him.

"Why do you always have to put your car into this conversation?!" Yamato growled.

"Well, let me remind you that it is you who stole it, wrecked it and yet will pay for it!" Mimi joyfully replied, showing once again the money he had handed to her earlier.

"Stop already!" Yamato shouted.

"What's with all that yelling?" A voice asked.

"Yeah man… I can't even hear myself arguing with the read-head anymore…" Another voice followed.

"Shut up, Daisuke!" Jun growled.

"Hey, it's true!" A boy with dark-brown hair said.

"Whatever…"

The girl with red-spiky haired entered the common room only to see Jyou, Yamato and one girl she never saw before. Ignoring the fact that the girl was even there, Jun went directly to where her heart was leading. Yamato.

"Oh shit…Not her!" Yamato thought when he saw her coming up to him.

"Yamato! You're back!!"

The high-pitched voice that she was making made Mimi turn to her and watched her with a mystified look.

"Oh no…" Yamato moaned.

Within a second, Jun took Yamato's arm and dragged him around in circles. "Why didn't you tell me you arrived?" She asked. "I was so worried about you since the last time I called you hours ago!"

"Yeah… And it led me to danger…" Yamato muttered coldly.

Jun heard his reply, but decides to ignore him and started hugging him tightly. "Please forgive me from what I did earlier." She said when she looked at him with her puppy-dog eyes. "I will make it up to you!"

"No don't!" Yamato shouted as he tried to break free from her very tight hug.

Once released, he glanced at the brunette that was behind Jun. He saw how Mimi was trying hard to keep herself from laughing. Instead what she only did was giggling. Yamato frowned and sat back in his chair, mumbling about something how he will pay back at her.

Jun saw this too and walked up to giggling woman.

"And who might you be?" She asked to Mimi.

Mimi stopped and stared at her before putting on a smile. "Oh, I'm sorry. My name's Mimi. Mimi Tachikawa." She introduced herself while showing her a hand.

"Mimi eh? I hope you're not planning on taking my Yamato, 'cause he's mine!" Jun firmly said, ignoring the hand in front of her.

"Quit it, Jun…" Daisuke teasingly said. "How on earth will he ever fall in love with someone as ugly as you?"

"Shut up, bro!"

"Just joking."

"Trust me; if I ever want to have a relationship, it's definitely not with him." Mimi spoke up.

"Well, I hope for you." Jun said menacingly before going away from her.

"What's her problem?" Mimi thought when she saw Jun walking away from the common room. "How could she ever think I will ever fall for him…? Hello! He was the one who destroyed my car!"

"I'm sorry for all the sudden commotion." Jyou suddenly said to Mimi. "But let me introduce you to Agent 006 as known as Daisuke Motomiya."

"Pleased to meet you, Miss." Daisuke bowed. "Oh, and don't mind my sister though. She's just pissed off every time she sees a girl next to Yamato."

"I see…" Mimi sighed.

"Well, I think you should head back now." Jyou thought out loud to Mimi when he saw her yawning again.

"I think its better too…" Mimi said, now rubbing her eyelid.

"Come on, Yamato. It's your task to bring her back." Jyou reminded him.

Yamato groaned frustratingly and closed his eyes. "You know…" He started, catching everyone's attention. "Now that the Princess has met Daisuke, he can bring her back. No reason for me to move my butt out from here."

"Yamato! Miss Tachikawa can't walk by herself in the streets!" Jyou scolded furiously. "With all those famous perverts wandering around and Team Frontier behind her back is dangerous for her!"

"So what, I don't care…"

"Yamura! I'm losing my temper here you know!" Jyou warned him.

"Hey, I can do it in his place!" A voice yelled, making everyone's gaze turning towards the entrance of the common room. Yamato opened one eye, but closed it right away when he knew who it was.

"Hey, Mike! Where have you been?" Daisuke asked while making a high-five in the air with him.

"Oh, just wiping out some evidence that Yamato made this afternoon." Michael replied at him.

He then turned towards Mimi, making his eyes stare from her feet across her body to her face. Mimi shuddered from where he had laid his eyes on her. She knew without delay he was someone she didn't trust at the first place.

"You sure you want to bring her back?" Jyou asked sighing, braking Michael's attention.

"Of course. I'd be glad to do this for a beautiful woman like her." Michael said, glancing back at her.

Turning back, he walked up to her and bowed on a polite way. "May I introduce myself?" He said. "My name's Michael but I'm also known as Mike or just Agent 008." He explained.

"H-Hi, I'm Mimi. Mimi Tachikawa." She said, feeling uneasy.

"That suits you very nice I might say." Michael replied seductively, making Mimi shiver down her spine.

She only nodded by this, but she was feeling unconfident of herself if she really wanted to have him along the way. Without even having the chance to speak, Mimi felt herself dragging outside the common room with Michael around her arm.

"I can't wait to show you my new Mercedes I have bought a week ago." He told her.

"Um…Yeah…That sounds… nice…" Mimi said slowly.

Even though Yamato had his eyes closed, he opened them when he saw how Michael was dragging her like some kind of doll. Suddenly something hit him inside. Without further ado, he sighed and spoke on a cold tone.

"I changed my mind. Let me do it…"

Everyone turned around and looked at him.

"What makes you change all of a sudden?" Daisuke asked him sceptically.

Yamato didn't reply, but he only stood up and walked towards the two on the front door. All of the fighting made him overlook how Michael can have some perverted imaginations. Not to mention it how many times he saw him kissing another girl every night. Much as he disliked admitting it to himself, he didn't want her to be caught up too.

"I'll do this." Yamato said coldly, standing in front of him.

"But I thought you didn't want to?" Michael reminded him.

"Yea, I know, but I have to pick up something before it's closed." He lied, still holding the coldness in it.

"Oh, Okay then…" Michael turned over to Mimi and took her hand to give it a kiss. "Looks like I can't show you my car then…"

"Oh, that's okay…" Mimi said, keeping her relief inside of her. "There's still tomorrow."

She wished she had never said that, but she was satisfied that he wasn't coming along. Instead she was being accompanied by someone she disliked at first sight, yet she was content it was him.

"You come?" Yamato asked her, not showing any emotions.

Mimi nodded and waved the others goodbye before she followed him behind towards the parking lot. The parking lot was huge when she arrived and she never imagined seeing thousands of expensive cars all at once. She was almost drooling when she passed a car after another, but none of them were as cool as that from Yamato's. She gasped.

Mimi stood in awe when they stopped in front of a Viper. It was so cool that Mimi didn't even consider seeing such car in front of her. The colour was black and there were two silver stripes that started from the front and ended on the back. She hated to admit it, but he had a taste for cars, she thought.

"Maybe he can pick me a new car… Since he's the one who paying for…" She smirked at the thought.

"What are you smirking at?" Yamato asked.

"Oh nothing…" Mimi dreamily replied before stepping inside.

She was greeted by a nice perfumed scent and once she was seated she trailed her fingers on the fabric, noticing it was satin that she touched. Staring around her, she noticed everything was black inside. A small television screen was set on the front, meaning that he could communicate with the HQ without using a cell phone.

Lost in the amazement of the car, she didn't perceive that the passenger beside her was staring at her amusingly.

"You know… all of that drool coming out of your mouth will cost me a fortune to wipe it off someday…" He said teasingly.

Mimi turned to him and blushed for a moment. "Sorry…"

"Now where do you live anyways?" He asked, starting on the engine.

"Its a few blocks away from the hospital. You can't miss it though. It's the only house who's been surrounded by trees." Mimi said.

"Okay then…"

Yamato first drove backwards and exited the parking lot under the Digimon HQ. The way was long and quiet, but Mimi tried to stay awake by staring outside the window. The pink-orange colour that the sky was giving a few hours ago has now turned into dark-blue with a full moon above surrounded by endless stars. She yawned. Turning to Yamato, she decided to make up a conversation. But where to start? She glanced around; taking an object to start with, but there was no single one that took interest in her.

"Searching for something?" Yamato asked, still focusing on the road.

"N-No… Not really… It's just that…"

"What?" Yamato was now looking at her confused.

"Nothing… Never mind…"

"Whatever." Yamato sighed annoyingly.

He looked back to the road again before he took another glance at the girl beside him. She was in deep thoughts that she didn't even hear him.

"What are you thinking?" Yamato enquired.

"I was thinking when Mr. Kido had said Yamura to you… Is it you codename?" Mimi suddenly asked him.

"Sort of…" Yamato replied coldly.

"Tell me about it…"

Yamato looked at her like she was insane. "I won't tell you anything! This is private you know!" He told her.

Mimi looked down from disappointment. "Sorry… I just wanted to start a conversation with you…"

Yamato sighed and traced his fingers in his not-yet-washed blond hair. "This girl can be annoyed some times" He thought. "But then again…"

"I will explain it to you one day… Not now… I'm not in the mood though…" Yamato said coldly, yet there was a tint of kindness in it.

Mimi nodded understandingly and decided not to ask anything anymore.

She saw the hospital building and she knew she was almost arriving. Yawning, she glanced at the passenger beside her. He was focusing on the road, but when she looked back outside, Yamato was smiling at her.

"Do you think I will survive this?" Mimi abruptly asked, still looking outside.

Yamato glanced at her with a confused expression. "What makes you think of not?"

"I don't know… I just sense it… How will you feel when you know that there is a bunch of criminals that's after your heels because of disturbing their operation?" Mimi enquired, staring at him for an answer.

Yamato blinked a few times before he coldly replied; "Exciting."

"I knew you would say that…" Mimi sighed, looking down.

"And what do you feel about it?"

"…Scared…"

Yamato looked at her and wanted to say something when he suddenly noticed the house she had spoken before with trees around. Stopping the car in front of it, he took away the key before he was even aware what the moonlight was reflecting that instant. A tear.

"She's crying…" Yamato thought when he stared at her.

Mimi felt the car stop and glanced at her side. Her house. Wanting to wipe her tear from her eye, she sensed a hand resting on her shoulder. Looking up, she saw a concerned look behind a pair of blue eyes. Yamato. Without knowing what he was doing next, he took his free hand and wiped off her tear. Mimi saw him approaching closer and whispered something in her ear that made her blush for a second.

"Don't worry; I'll protect you…" He whispered softly in her ears, before retreating away.

With that, he stepped out of his Viper and Mimi was left in a daze. She was surprised by his actions and his words that came out from his mouth.

"He was sincere to me…" Mimi thought.

Noticing that he opened the door for her, she stepped out as well. Mimi bowed him thank you and walked up to her house, leaving him standing there. When she arrived at her front door, she turned around and saw that Yamato was still there, but this time near the oak tree that was placed a few meters from her house.

Mimi saw that he was looking intensely at it like he never saw one before. Deciding to break the silence she stepped up to him.

"What is it?" She asked.

Yamato didn't reply. Instead, he took a piece of the fallen peel that was on the ground and stared at it carefully. Taking some in his fingers to smell at it, Mimi had only to watch him in puzzlement.

"Is anything wrong?" She asked on a concerned tone.

Yamato stood up and glanced back at her oak tree. It was just like the others, Mimi thought, but this was different for Yamato. The branches were large and the height was as big as the house itself. There was something that troubled Yamato so much, but he was not quit sure if he was right. Ignoring the feeling, he walked away toward his Viper, but Mimi stopped him.

"What was wrong with my oak tree?" Mimi asked.

"Nothing." Yamato replied, getting loose from her grip.

"What!" Mimi exclaimed. "First you hang around my oak tree like it was something special and then you say nothing?"

Yamato nodded.

"You mean, I stood here in the cold just waiting for your dumb answer, instead I could be already inside; in the warmth?!"

"Hey, It wasn't me who ordered you to stay here you know…" Yamato spoke up coldly.

"Ugh…" Mimi snorted and turned around with heavy steps towards her house. Unlocking it, she turned roughly to show out her tong before closing the door hard in front of him.

Yamato only smirked, but his smirk faded away when he glanced back at the oak tree. Taking another peek on the floor he sighed and stared back at the house and then to his car. There was one thing he knew for sure. This night wasn't over yet….

****

Mimi took off all of her clothes, leaving her totally naked. She was ready to step inside the large bathtub when she heard a noise in the living room. First she thought it might be, Domino, her Siamese cat, but hearing it again was making her unconfident. Taking a towel, she covered her body. Leaving the bathroom, she paced on the stairs and walked into the living room. Everything was closed except for her door which was made out of glass making the moonlights shine through, showing all of her furniture. Her wide-screened television was off, her cup of coffee was still on the table like a few moments ago, but still she felt a shiver coming down her spine.

"Domino, where are you?" Mimi called out her cat.

Out of the dark came a brown Siamese cat. Mimi opened her arms wide open and carried her in her arms, but right after that, a pair of black boots revealed from the moonlight. Looking up, she was ready to scream, but a dark gloved hand prevents her from doing so. Letting go of her cat, who was already running away, Mimi struggled herself free from him. He had her pinned against the wall and that's when Mimi saw something horrible that only in nightmares could exists. His face was malformed and there was a large cut that scared the hell out of her.

"You know… I never thought you would be so beautiful…" He whispered, licking his lips seductively. "I could play a little game with you before doing my job…"

Mimi's eyes widened. She didn't want that! Totally panicked, she struggled harder to break free, but it was no use. His grip was too strong for her. Mimi did what came in her mind. Hitting him hard on the temple. A groan escaped from his mouth when Mimi broke herself free from him and ran towards the door, but she was caught by her wrist before she had the chance to reach it.

"You bitch!" He cursed, slapping her hard on the face. "You will pay for it! I will make sure of that!" He yelled.

Mimi could only cry herself out when she hit the solid wall again. He was coming closer, still holding her wrist very firmly. He was now licking her neck when Mimi tried to struggle herself free when he touched her breast.

"Getting feisty aren't we?" He smirked. "I think I like it better when we're on the ground!" He spat while throwing her on the floor.

Mimi saw him coming, although her eyes were blurry from all the tears she had been crying. She wanted to escape, but he caught her ankle and dragged her back on the place. She saw him getting off his jacket and tossed it aside, not minding where it was and before Mimi could react, he was already on top of her.

"Please…Don't…" Mimi pleaded. Tears were flowing non-stop down her cheeks, making it puffy and red.

But the man ignored her pleas and started savouring her neck.

"Is this how you treat a lady, Koushiro? I thought you knew better." Said a voice all of a sudden.

Koushiro stopped and smirked. "How long have you been watching us?" He asked.

"Long enough to know how you mistreat a woman and ignoring her pleas…" Yamato answered. "Now get off her before you get hole in your head." He ordered coldly.

Koushiro did as he was told and got off her with a grin. He still had the taste of her and he licked it playfully in front of Yamato. Mimi still lay on the floor, but was happy to have someone around she knew. Yamato walked up to her, as he held a gun in his hand that followed Koushiro wherever he went. But he didn't go anywhere. He was only watching the scene that was in front of him. He smirked.

"Hey, you okay." Yamato asked concerned when he was next of her.

Mimi only nodded. He helped her get up and gave his black jacket to her to cover her more. Yamato took her by her chin to see her better and though it was only the moon that gave light, he could see the hand bruised against her face. A temper was rising inside of him. Swiftly he turned around and saw Koushiro smirking.

"What do you think if we solve this out now, huh?" Yamato challenged him when he handed Mimi the gun where she took it with shaking hands.

"It would my pleasure, Yamura…" Koushiro smiled falsely as he blew a long lock of red-brown hair out of his face.

Yamato grimaced as his hands were fold into a fist. Glancing outside, he saw the moon hidden behind a big cloud.

"We start when the moon comes out from that cloud." Yamato told him.

Koushiro looked outside and nodded before smiling mischievously.

Yamato knew it and he was right too.

The night wasn't over yet…