Doctor Who Fan Fiction / Danny Phantom Fan Fiction / H.P. Lovecraft Fan Fiction ❯ The Champions ❯ Issue 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Issue 1:
Lo, the Champions!
 
 
 
WRITTEN BY GOLIATH MANTICORE
ART BY NICKEL JACOBS
 
Author's Notes: I do not own any of the characters who appear in this story. They are owned by their creators. Anyways, this fic is in the format of a comic… written by someone with an awesome-sounding name. This was just a fun little idea I came up with, and if you like it review.
 
 
 
NEWDAY CITY:
 
Newday City was thriving; one of the biggest cities in the country of Gravia. It was famous for its skyscrapers, its stores, its restaurants… its crime. The most thriving location is always in the most danger.
 
These thoughts raced through the minds of the Krabs Gang as their boat drove down the road towards the 1st Bank of Newday. The slow-witted driver, a starfish by the name of Patrick, tried to make sure he stayed focus. Like the others in the boat, he wore a blue suit and hat.
 
“Are we almost there?” Squidward asked as he read Interpretive Dance Quarterly. “We're getting close, by the looks of it.” Sandy, the only female in the boat and a squirrel, pointed out. “Patrick, make sure you park the boat somewhere for and easy getaway.”
 
“Sure thing.” Patrick said as he stomped on the gas and drove the boat forward. It only took a second for the boat to crash into a pole in front of the bank, smashing it but not harming the gangsters. “Okay, is this good?”
 
Squidward had dropped his magazine when they crashed. He now glared at Patrick angrily. “Sure, Patrick!” He said sarcastically. “This is the perfect parking space! Oh, wait… I think I'm forgetting something… oh, yeah! YOU CRASHED THE BOAT, YOU IDIOT!
 
“Hey, that pole should have watched where it was going!” Patrick argued. “That's enough, y'all.” Sandy said as she got out of the boat. Squidward and Patrick also got out. “Mr. Krabs said he's send backup; we can ride back to the Krusty Krab in their boats.”
 
“There's a little problem with your plan.” A voice said from the top of the pole. The three gangsters looked up to see an orange, conjoined cat and dog with paw-like hands. The dog was at the bottom, his hands acting as legs, and the cat was on top. The cat and dog both wore green goggles and had a belt around their… middle.
 
“Actually, two little problems.” The cat corrected himself. “I'm sure you've heard of us: CatDog, protector of the innocent, defender of the weak.”
 
“Hey, look, it's a snake!” Patrick declared as he pointed at CatDog. “Where?!” Dog asked, spinning around and losing his balance, causing CatDog to fall off. “Nice… real nice, Dog.” Cat said as they shakily got up on all fours. “What are the other Champs going to say?”
 
“Champs?!” Squidward repeated fearfully. “Y-You're members of the Champions?!” “We've been members since the beginning!” Cat said angrily as he stood up on Dog's hands. “Why is it nobody notices us?!” “Maybe it's because we don't have a cool power.” Dog pointed out.
 
“Stretching is an awesome power!” Cat declared. “It's better than—!”
 
“Okay, that's it!” Sandy said angrily as she pulled a gun out of her pants pocket and pointed it at CatDog. “We're not going to let a Siamese freak stop us!”
 
“Cat, I didn't know you were a Siamese cat!” Dog exclaimed.
 
“Sorry, miss, but I'm not comfortable around firearms!” Cat declared as one of his arms suddenly extended, grabbed the gun, and pulled it out of Sandy's hand. The arm returned to its normal length and Cat tossed the gun aside. “Now, if we could talk this over, I'm sure—.”
 
“She's not the only one with a gun!” Squidward declared as he reached into his suit and pulled out a gun. He pointed it at CatDog, pulled the trigger—
 
The gun was gone. In the blink of an eye it had vanished without a trace. “What just happened?!” Squidward asked.
 
“I just happened! That's what… just… happened… I… dot-dot-dot.” A voice said from behind the gangsters. They turned to see what appeared to be a brown, pointy weasel in a blue shirt with `MB' on the chest. He had underwear on outside his clothes and wore a sock with eye-holes in it above his large, red snout. He had a green cape on his back.
 
“Oh, great; it's Dag.” Cat said irritably. “That's Muscular Beaver, miss!” The pointy weasel declared. “Defender of the innoycent! Guh… innocent! Capable to fly… really fast! Able to lift lots of heavy things!”
 
“Okay, did Goku send you?” Cat asked. “I really don't need any help; they're not Metas.”
 
“No, I was just on patrol.” Dag explained, striking a semi-heroic pose. “When there is evil in the armpit of Newday City, Muscular Beaver is the deodorant that keeps Newday city smelling fresh for 24 hours!”
 
“How come my deodorant doesn't do that?” Dog asked. “It's not meant to handle such a big job.” Cat explained simply.
 
“Where'd you put my gun?!” Squidward asked Dag angrily. “I think you'd better ask that to… Matter-Muncher-Eater-Bear-Cat-Raccoon-Lad-Boy!”
 
“Hi.” A purple, tubby boy-creature said from on top of Squidward's head. The boy wore a purple mask-cape combo that covered the upper half of his face, a blue outfit, green gloves, and a belt like CatDog's. “Your gun was too salty.”
 
Squidward angrily tossed the boy off his head and to the ground. “The Eater!” He realized. “How come you recognize him and not us?!” Cat exclaimed. “He's the youngest member! He's practically just our mascot!”
 
“We're lucky; we only got the losers.” Sandy said with a smile. “If Goku or XJ9 had shown up, we'd be screwed; but these punks will be easy to take out.”
 
“I'm sorry; I think you forgot to mention the Green Beast!” A voice yelled as a green blur fell from the sky and in the middle of Sandy, Squidward, and Patrick. The blur landed on its hands and spun around, kicking and knocking the gangsters down.
 
The blur slowed down, showing a young man in a green hoodie with the hood pulled up. He had a green cloth covering the lower half of his face and wore a pair of goggles. He wore a belt with seven buttons on it. On his back was a two-foot squirrel wearing aviator's goggles.
 
“Hey, it's Rock!” Dog recognized, pointing at the Green Beast. Cat quickly covered up Dog's mistake. “Y-You mean Rocky, the flying squirrel!” He corrected hastily. Then, he whispered harshly, “You almost blew Lee's secret identity; he's the only one without powers!”
 
“It looks like I'm not late.” The Green Beast said as he stood up and walked over to Muscular Beaver. The squirrel jumped off of his back and stood watching the recovering gangsters. “Isn't this a little cruel? They're not even Metas.”
 
“Hey, it's just fun showing up one at a time and attacking.” A voice said as a blue and white, metal, robotic girl soared down from the sky and landed on the ground. “Goku's back at the Tower; he's got a secret identity to keep up, remember?”
 
“Don't see how he has one with hair like that.” The Eater expressed. “Man… if only Bobby was here…” Patrick said as he stood up. “He could help.”
 
“Bobby?” Muscular Beaver repeated.
 
“Nice going Patrick; you just told them who one of the only Metas in the Krabs Gang is.” Squidward criticized. “We need to get out of here somehow!”
 
Dog growled threateningly. “You're really gonna try to escape all of us.” Cat criticized. “The Krabs Gang isn't as smart as the Chum Family, is it?”
 
A blue-and-white police car from Newday Yard screeched up to the side of the confrontation. The door opened and a man in a blue officer's uniform jumped out wielding a gun. His hair was blonde and Elvis-like and he wore sunglasses.
 
“Okay, none of you move!” Captain Bravo ordered. “You're all under arrest!”
 
“How did everyone know we were going to be here?!” Squidward yelled angrily.
 
“It's alright, officer.” Cat assured. “We've got this all under control.” Bravo responded by shooting a bullet past Cat's head. “Hey, this thing's not a toy!” Bravo realized.
 
“Yup… our city's finest.” XJ9 said cynically.
 
“Officer, we're the Champions!” The Green Beast tried to remind Bravo. “You know, the super-heroes and defenders of Newday City?”
 
“Nice try, phony!” Bravo criticized. “The real Champions have a pet talking chipmunk!”
 
“That's me.” Rocky pointed out. “Uh… and I'm a squirrel.”
 
“Be quiet, little boy; I'm doing police stuff!” Bravo ordered. “Now, if you'd all… hey, where'd the guys in the suits go?”
 
Sandy, Patrick, and Squidward had escaped while the Champions were distracted.
 
“You idiot!” Cat yelled at Bravo angrily. “Why doesn't the Mayor just shut down Newday Yard?!” “Look, ugly, I'm sure you're upset that I'm arresting you, but there's no reason to badmouth the Mayor.” Bravo said ignorantly.
 
 
 
THE KRUSTY KRAB:
 
The three criminals had no idea how they had escaped the Champions and made it to the bar. Smoky and filled with unsavory Krabs Gangsters, the Krusty Krab was a wretched hive of scum and villainy found in one of the worst neighborhoods of Newday City. It was run by the lawless and miserly Mr. Krabs and his ill-gotten money.
 
“The Champions busted you guys, huh?” Eddy, one of the younger gangsters, asked. He was short and only had a few strands of hair coming out of his head. “Hey, at least you got away, right?”
 
“Krabs won't be happy we didn't get his money.” Squidward said as he drank his beer. “He'll probably send Bobby or Double D out to get it.”
 
“You know Double D ain't the robbing type!” Sandy reminded Squidward. “He's a nice kid; he's got no business being in a gang!”
 
“I'm just saying, with his powers we'd be rolling in cash.” Squidward pointed out. “He's way too soft, though; he needs to toughen up so he can rake in the cash for us.”
 
“Hey, Double D's my friend.” Eddy said. “The only reason he joined the gang was to protect himself from that sicko who's going around killing Metas and stealing their brains!”
 
Suddenly, the door to the bar was blown off its hinges by an explosion. Standing in the doorway was a man with spiky, wild, black hair. He wore an orange suit with a white circle on his chest that held a kanji in it. A long, flowing scarf was wrapped around the bottom of his face, hiding his identity.
 
“It's Kakarot!” Eddy exclaimed in fear. The gangsters in the bar all ran and his behind tables, except for Sandy, Squidward, and Patrick, who were too terrified to move.
 
“I don't want to hurt you, so just give yourselves up.” Kakarot advised. “I like a good fight, but not against people who aren't skilled enough.”
 
“Okay, I surrender!” Squidward said in fear. “Please, don't—!” Sandy slapped him upside his head. “You coward!” She insulted. “We're not going to let some pointy-haired Meta stop us from—!”
 
“I gave you a chance.” Kakarot said after, in an instant, he moved behind the three gangsters. Landing a powerful punch to the back of their heads, Kakarot knocked them out. He picked them up and began walking towards the exit.
 
 
 
THE SNAKE HOLE:
 
The man watched the short battle by tapping into the psychic energy of the patrons of the bar. His last meal had given him that power; soon he hoped to gain the powers of the Champions. It was only a matter of time before he had the powers of all Metas.
 
 
 
Author's Notes: Sorry if this issue's a little crappy; I'm not very good at introducing the main characters. Hopefully the next chapters will be better.
 
Coming Soon!: Who are the Champions? Learn in the next, action-packed issue! Also, learn what Metas are! And , introducing… Serpent!