Doctor Who Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Secret Worm ❯ Dark Secret Worm ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Doctor Who is owned by the BBC.
 
Dark Secret Worm
 
Pursing her overfull lips, Rose Tyler wondered which gripe she would voice first. She hadn't gone clubbing or shopping for weeks and she wanted an appointment to get her nails done, her hair coloured, her eyebrows darkened. The longer the list grew, the more she realised she wanted a taste of normal life, working, complaining with her friends annoying her mother and confusing Mickey. Not that there was much of a challenge in the last two.
 
“Doctor,” her voice was unexpectedly strident.
 
“What?” for a brief period of time he stopped playing with his sonic screwdriver and glanced across at her.
 
“You've got a passion for that screwdriver, don't you Doctor?” Her attempt at humour fell flat.
 
“Not really, no,” he replied, taking up a heroic stance and ignoring her.
 
It took her a short time to work out that the Doctor did not seem in the mood for idle chat. “I want to go home.”
 
She thought she saw him shudder slightly. “Home to Jackie?” Home to Ricky?”
 
“His name is Mickey and yes, I want to go home. Mum sounded right sad when I talked to her last,” her voice rose on the last words.
 
“Jackie, Mickey, chips and mushy peas. That's what you long for, isn't it? Okay, I'll take you home. Let's hope it's not Christmas this time,” he said irritably as he set the co-ordinates.
 
Exiting the Tardis in the street near her mother's apartment, Rose quickly ran up the stairs and entered the flat calling out to her mother that she was home. Hearing an exclamation she ran to her mother's bedroom to find to two very flushed faces, one Jackie's, the other Mickey's as they clutched the sheets to their chins.
 
“Uh, sorry about this love. We were lonely and got to talking about you,” Jackie began, her eyes glittering with secret glee. “We had a few drinks, one thing led to another. You know how it is. We were just comforting each other.”
 
Rose, her mouth hanging open glanced from one to the other, unable to believe that either of them had betrayed her this way. Spinning around she slammed out of the flat, her eyes streaming with tears. Mickey and her mother. It was obscene. It was wrong, it was unfair. They were meant to wait for her, patiently while she went off and did important… stuff.
 
The Doctor caught up with her as she was pounding on the door of the Tardis. “What's wrong this time, Rose?”
 
“Mum and Mickey. They were…..they are….I'll never forgive them, either of them. I never want to come back,” she said her hands clutching at his jacket.
 
“Ooooh. I wondered if that might happen. Your mother being, well Jackie and Mickey being well, an idiot.” He pursed his lips and leant back on the Tardis. “Just chalk it up to experience. Another lesson learned. Trust no one.”
 
 
Author's Note:
 
This is a one-shot. I've been playing with this idea for some time and challenged myself to write something less than 500 words.
 
Please review.
 
MS