Doctor Who Fan Fiction ❯ DOCTOR WHO: APOUKALUPSIS (Revelations) ❯ THE COLONY CONSERVANCY ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Episode2

THE COLONY CONSERVANCY

Second Part of a two-parter story. Post-regeneration and alien invasion episode. The Doctor overcomes the rigors of his regeneration, while fighting the plans of an alien race trying to conserve their own likes and kind. With the aid of an old and unlikely group of acquaintance, he tries to save the day with Layla and Daniel.

At the most of the most dire moments, post physical confrontations, The Doctor tricks the Simiifors by using their lack of new galactic knowledge against them and mocking them to mark their territory by announcing their intent worldwide, all the while broadcasting it out over a monitoring subset frequency. This is picked up by the Inner Rim guard Judoon of the New Shadow Proclamation Agency. Who come in to save the day.

The New Shadow Proclamation Agency, as divulged by the dialogues of the new Architect, was formed after the debacle of capturing two fugitive Doctors and their own part in failing to secure the self-alignment of planets under Davros' plan in The Stolen Earth. With a 'new' benefactor, the New Shadow Proclamation Agency works within the original body, but with a changed stance of accepting and outsourcing help from enhanced and enabled entities such as the Doctor himself. Over a list of character bio - Psi (from The Time Heist), redacted subsections on Clara Oswald, Rigsy in an uneasy pose with some Alien Graffiti files, Donna Noble, Ferrohumans with metal hard skins, Chimera creatures that look different in each case but with vampire-teeth, Mutant-humans, two Zygons and Petronella Osgood marked as Zygon. Then we come to the final bio of the 12th Doctor. The Doctor is told that the Shadow proclamation doesn't fully understand or trust the Doctor. Yet. But it needs him. All of him. He knows the lay of the land and has saved more souls than he cares to admit.

 

 

 

[Unscripted]

 

 

Scene:

 

[The Doctor glows blue two more times in the entirety of his effort to find the anomaly, and then face it. And then breathes out a little golden energy from his mouth. Twice again.]

 

Scene:

 

[Banter with local authoritative man, who proposes people be evacuated in a certain order, discriminating them]

Doctor: No.

Random character: What do you mean no. We have to -

Doctor: I said no! Everybody goes.

Random character: Look mister…

Doctor: Doctor!

Random character: Who? Doctor who?

Doctor: Just the Doctor. Why suffix it?

Random character: What, you are a medical man?

Doctor: No I just call myself that for the kinks I suppose. And what are you supposed to be?

Random character: [Gives name]

Doctor: Who? Ooh...that feels so weird coming form my end.

Random character: And now who is suffixing it? Surely you have heard of me, man?

Doctor: No. No clue. Whoever you are.

Random character: Look, Doctor. Or mister whatever-you-choose-to-call-yourself. We have to get these people out. And the best way would be to maintain order and harmony. Some form of orderly discipline befor…

Doctor [keeps charging]: Oh, big words coming from the likes of you. What is it you are again?

Random character: [Gives job description]

Doctor: Should have thought so. The anointed face of tom-foolery.

Random character: What?

Doctor [cuts mid-sentence]: Or colloquially, an ingratiating buck-magnet with thick skin and less than half guts to get out and get the job done.

Random character: Look mister…

Doctor: Doctor! [faces him with barely an inch of difference between them] That is the difference between us, you fat bonehead. I wear my name like a duty. A civic oath of hope and help. And you wear yours like a blanket to shield just what you hold dear. Me and my name are not asynchronous like you lots. My help is not one of your transactions of immoral ambiguity. I call myself Doctor for a reason. I do not play with lives. I preserve them. I do not choose to make a choice between them. Whatever big or however little the magnitude. Every life is worth saving. Every journey is worth living. Even ones that are as vile as you.

Random character: What...what are you saying?

Doctor: That everybody gets saved or nobody gets saved. That very much includes you. Because however fallible and kind of uncaring I seem. However I choose to save a life or how many lives I save. Even if one is lost then I haven’t done my job that day. That is the point of being the Doctor. Are we clear?

[The character nods sheepishly.]

 

Scene:

 

P.S: The Doctor has a newly regenerated Tardis, which he really likes. The interior is slightly similar to the Tardis in The Revolution of the Daleks that Yaz uses. The companions comment that it wasn't much good at the fight. Maybe it's just suited for travel and popping off to different places. To which, surprisingly the Tardis reacts with sounds it can make, beeping over the console audio units and response indicators, moodily. The Doctor tells them that it is so much more than a machine. It is even so much more than a companion. They are imbibed within each other. They have had a psychic imprint over each other that have lasted over a thousand years. She respects his wishes to not fight and escalate, but help and resolve. She doesn't always take you where you want to, but always where you need to. And this, ..this one is a new model. Came like a package deal. It is made from the exo-chromo-plasmic living metal blocks and concretes of a very old, docile and decommissioned Battle Tardis. A relic of the old that has shaped the Doctor's past in more ways then one. And it has a superior Matrix of its own now, merged with the interactive line matrix of a Type 58 TT. On their last adventure, another Tardis sacrificed herself so that he and the Type 40TT could survive.... They do not understand a word of such alien gibberish and complexity. The Doctor gives them a tour. The Tardis can now interact freely by making sounds with all three of them. It has living metal paddings in between roundels that can divert into screens and view-scanners. He gets them reintroduced. Also there are psychic pods with telepathic circuitry gel pads, should they ever need to drive. They say how would they even start to learn to drive her; plus it's a box. How do you drag or drive a police box!? Turns out, aligning with the interactive line matrix of a Type 58 TT hasn't exactly done any good to the chameleon circuit. But the Doctor can partially revert the out layers of the living metal blocks and concrete to proto-mode for repairs, which he shows them. The Tardis now also has a mind lock that both Layla and Daniel cannot master. Daniel thinks it is too Spock for him!

 

[Entering into the Tardis]

Doctor: Ah, home sweet home. Finally.

Daniel: It changed!

Layla [Outside]: Wait, why is it like this? Doctor? Why does it say police box?

Daniel: It was the capsule-thingy. It definitely changed!

Doctor: Active camouflage. Courtesy of a semi-functioning Chameleon circuit. Mimics as a regular articulate matter, relevant to the time and space. The first time, it got stuck like this in near 1970 somewhere. Well...what are you standing there for? Get in! Come on.

Layla: Wow! It really is bigger on the inside.

Doctor[ murmurs]: Like sipping into well roasted caffeine! Fulfilling and satisfying.

Xylok: Total 133 rooms and counting. Facilities include Tertiary Console chamber. Archived Console chambers. Console Command, Eight Modular in-built rooms, Four bedrooms. Four…

Doctor: Oh...no. No you don’t. Spoilers. [Clicks]Ta-ta!

Layla: What! What did you do?1B?

Doctor: Put it on stand-by mode.

Layla: You could do that?

Doctor: Of course you could do that. That’s what the interactive light-emission honeycomb diode is for. Seriously, you people! No wonder it is so easy to fool you with tools of consumerism and something same but shiny.

Layla: It’s so big inside.

Daniel: Hmmmm.

Layla: Wait is that a smile?

Daniel: No it’s not.

Layla: It so is. A smile of approval from the great Daniel Bolton.

Daniel: I mean… now that everything’s cooled down a bit, it isn’t half as bad. Plus I am getting used to the whole inside is bigger than the outside part. Look at it sufficient number of times, and then you start getting it. It gradually hits you – that so are you. Full of life and wonders and teeny – tiny stuff inside that can go on long enough. Thoughts and processes that can go on endlessly.

Layla: What changed your mind?

Daniel: I don’t know actually. Him. Maybe? I have always believed that wonders are everywhere around us. That you don’t have to go looking for them. That wonders are magical yet simplistic. And then comes a man. Not even a proper man. An alien. In trench coat! And he changes faces. And fights to save the planet like it is his own home. And then we learn this isn’t the first time he has done it. That there is life out there everywhere. And they have credited their safety to him. If that isn’t a wonder enough for a day, what is? Plus Riles is safe with her friend Quincy. Spent the whole day at a salon, never even left. Really puts the kinds of day we spent into proper perspective, doesn’t it? All the institutional and regional baggage. All the societal norms. All that we think is common and proper, and good. And then comes a man barging in saying we could do so much more. And the feeling of having helped in saving lives. Could get used to that…

[The Doctor is stroking bits and walls of the Tardis]

Doctor: I did not even get to see you properly last time, did I? Oh, you have changed so much. I like it. I really like it.

Daniel: Okay...could not get used to that. That is proper creepy.

Doctor: Daniel Bolton, Layla Robbins. And 1B. Meet the Tardis! Properly this time, from the top.

Daniel: Give us a tour, would you? What does it do exactly, except travel in time? I mean, it didn’t feel much good it in a fight. It just sat here while we fought off space – monkeys.

Layla: Yeah.

Xylok: Earth monkeys. They have splintered from your own chain of evolution.

Daniel: Look, whatever. All I am saying is, it feels like maybe it's just suited for travel and popping off to different places. Like a proper space pod.

The Tardis makes a beeping sound, in revolt.

Daniel: Oi.

Doctor [sotto]: Ssh. He didn’t really mean it. He doesn’t know you.

Layla: Doctor what was that. Did it just -

Doctor: Oh it is so much more than a machine. It is even so much more than a companion. It is life itself. It is sentient.

Layla: It’s alive? What is it, an artificial intelligence?

Doctor: A bio-mechanic life-form. Hatched. Best of it’s kind. We are imbibed within each other. I stole her when I was young. But in a sense, she stole me too. She chose me. Imprinted on me like no one else. Of course, I had help from an old and timeless friend. Clara. We have had a psychic imprint over each other ever since, that has lasted over a thousand years.

Layla: Why are you called the ‘Doctor’ though? Do you treat wounds in battle? You said you were in one before you crash-landed.

Doctor: Oh that is a story big enough to last years. It was a promise, to be a keeper of peace. To treat and help. To maintain and serve. I have been dissuaded and diverted from it a few times. But luckily, I have had those who pulled me back in. To be something else. Someone else, in all entirety. To be a keeper of peace, not the specialist of war who heals after the battle is done. To be an upstanding beacon of peacetime. Not and avenger of war who retaliates and resuscitates once blood is shed already. And the Tardis was one among those that helped. She respects my wishes to not fight and escalate, but help and resolve. She doesn't always take you where you want to, but always where you need to. And this, ...this one is a new model. Came like a package deal.

Daniel: What? What do you mean?

Doctor: I regenerated when it regenerated. Well my Watcher form did.

Layla: What’s a Watcher form?

Doctor: Oh, that much knowledge in a day could very well overload you. But I though it was obvious, wasn’t it? Or maybe I was thinking of somebody else. Amy? No...maybe. Ben and Polly. Tegan, maybe. Anywho.

Layla: So the Tardis can regenerate as well?

Doctor: It started the regeneration after the battle on Xontar I was in. It is made from the exo-chromo-plasmic living metal blocks and concretes of a very old, docile and decommissioned Battle Tardis. A relic of the old that has shaped my past in more ways then one. And it has a superior Matrix of its own now, merged with the interactive line matrix of a Type 58 TT. In Xontar, another Tardis sacrificed herself so that I and my Type 40TT Tardis could survive in the heat of the mines.... that is how it was created.

Daniel: And that was a whole lot of alien gibberish for us.

Layla [sotto]: Yeah.

Doctor: It was a slow regeneration. A few Battle Tardises were lying almost destroyed and dormant. The new Superior Matrix took and joined the form of the nearest Battle Tardis it could find. I was wounded too. I needed to regenerate. So the regenerating Tardis tied me up in my statis-state and gave me an intermediate form. The Watcher. But the anomaly on Earth pulled us there.

Daniel: So you can change faces?

Doctor: And gender, if need be.

Daniel: Wait, hold up. What?

Layla: What!?

Doctor: What, have I turned wibbly wobbly or something? Why you staring like that? Am I a different color?

Layla: You are serious? Aren’t you? You can change gender?

Doctor: Oh, that. But that’s such a triviality.

Layla: Not to us it isn’t? We don’t just go doing the things you do…

Doctor: Well it is more like a subconscious formality to keep things interesting every few years. Who we meet, what we do. It all factors in. I suppose.

Layla: You are insane, you know that? Really insane. How can you go about changing genders?

Doctor: Well you try controlling your gender and form and physique when getting reborn within the full force of a Time Vortex. Like a full-on time storm and blast of energy hitting you at 200 miles [er second! Like riding a bike upside down through the sea, only it’s not even the sea. It’s a lava sea…

Daniel: A woman. You? A woman...wow!

Doctor: Did you just assume me as a…

Daniel: No I did not.

Doctor: Don’t. Just don’t.

Layla: So, you can faces and gender apparently.

Doctor: Our kind can. It is a shortcut for us. Barring the rigor of the process of death. You humans can shed your flesh to rot after you die, while that which you call a soul can dissipate out as correlative electromagnetic energy. That is until it finds a viable meat suit again, with similar internal compositions, close DNA sequencing, similar speed of synapses. But we can skip it all together and change our whole appearance. We become something new. A whole new biology. Even a whole new gender. But the process is just as painful.

Daniel: Your kind?

Doctor: Time Lords of the planet Gallifrey.

Daniel: So, where is this Gallifrey?

Doctor: Oh, it’s around. Where it needs to be.

[A bit zoomed-out from a distance, with the sounds coming in not so distinctively or loud]

Daniel: So you are something called a Time Lord, who has two hearts, looks human enough and carries a torch. What else you got?

Doctor: [working the console] It’s not a torch. It’s a sonic screwdriver.

Layla: What does it do?

Doctor: Well, not much screw-driving, actually. It’s an energy conduit bar.

Layla: Energy conduit bar?

Doctor: It bends, feeds, redirects and uses sound waves and its energy. It can form wind tunnels. It can provide a sonic swirl like an actual screwdriver. Can work magnets. Get spatio-temporal readings with a sonar. It can do a lot, except for wood…

Daniel: Why not wood?

Doctor: I don’t know.

[The conversations becomes even less distinct, with light and fulfilling background music]

Doctor [OC]: ...No...Let me show you...[clicks]. This is a viewing pane and scanner. That is how my old Tardis used to be.

Layla [OC]: How many of them have you had?

Doctor [OC]: Oh, just the one. It changes...

...Also there are psychic pods with telepathic circuitry gel pads,

Layla [ OC]: For what?

Doctor [OC]: Should you ever need to drive

Daniel [OC]: How would twe even begin to learn to drive her. It's a box [Tardis beeps and revolts]. A very alive box. But -

Layla [OC]: Yeah... How do you drag or drive a police box!?

Doctor [OC]:...It’s partially reverted the outer layers of the living metal blocks and concrete to proto-mode for repairs. See! You can see the power conduits and the lines from the heart of the Tardis.

Doctor [OC]: Here let me show you. Put your hands...[not a distinct complete sentence]

Layla [OC]: Eww! What is that? It’s so squiggly!

Doctor [OC]: I told you [not distinct part]. Telepathic circuitry gel pad. It operates on a mind-lock mechanism. Once you learn to use it, you can open the doors on your own.

Layla [OC]: I am trying! It’s so sticky and squiggly! Aah!

Daniel: Nah! It’s too Spock for me! You could not fit in a rudder and a steer? Or maybe you know, a drive stick. A lot of spaceships use that…

Doctor: Just how would you know?

Daniel: Well a lot of them spaceships use it on telly...

 

The Doctor is settling in the new Tardis with companions when suddenly, a platoon of Inner Rim guard Judoon beam them away.

 

Doctor: What? What?

Daniel: Whoa! You have space hippos now!?

Layla: Rhino.

Daniel: And that’s very important?

Layla: [Bends and whispers] Doctor, what are they?

Doctor: Judoon.

Layla: Ju - Who?

Judoon: Hmmn [growls] DO PLO CO TO PLO RO DRO SHO YO PLO TRO SHO BLO RO FLO SHO NO FLO FLO DO FLO DO BLA SHO YO PLO TRO SHO HO BLO VO FLO SHO BO FLO FLO NO SHO SO TRO MO MO PLO NO FLO DO SHO BO YO SHO TO HO FLO SHO BLO TRO TO HO PLO RO KRO TO YO BLA [Doctor, you are needed. You have been summoned by the authority.]

Doctor: What!? Well over a thousand years and still? Oh, I am too old for this stuff.

They are beamed away.