Doctor Who Fan Fiction ❯ DOCTOR WHO: APOUKALUPSIS (Revelations) ❯ A ROSE WITH ANY OTHER NAME ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Episode13

A ROSE WITH ANY OTHER NAME

With almost all hope lost, and a massive force of destruction on the horizon, the Doctor engages in a battle of both body and mind for the fate of the multiverse.

 

 

Scene 1:

 

[Disoriented and dizzy, the Valeyard staggers to his feet. With ringing in his years and blaster fires [focused-out] in all directions, he tries to determine what went wrong.]

 

 

[After a very speedy montage of the whole Vale of Vails episode]

Architect[OC]: ....You know, before you go you could try the CAL's new wing. The River Song Room of Archaeology and Planetary installments.

Doctor[turns around]: Archaeology!?

Architect: It has the replicated Tardis Data Core and the Diary of Spoils, kept only for your viewing. It might just have some records.

[He starts to walk off again but stops.]

Doctor: Have you considered going after the Osterhagen Systems people? Whoever is responsible for it..

Architect: We have already dispatched whole platoons after that. To every known corner of the known universe. Plus to all the new time fluctuation fields. To hell with being nice and proper and stuff of legends. For once, it is time to be properly decisive.

Doctor: Whohoo, feisty. Careful. You are starting to sound like us folks.

Architect[smiles]: You know they will come after you with full force right? You have the resolve but they have the resources in magnitude. You may be a Time Lord whose stories spread far and wide. But even you cannot survive that.

Doctor: What if I told you I had a plan for that?

 

 

13 Days later....in an unknown Space Station

[To the tunes of Puccini: Turandot / Act 2 - Ai Tuoi Piedi Ci Prostriam (La Folla)]

[0.2 Light Years away from the Trifecta Section of the Medula Eliptica and Zoohrnium Hyperlane]

Automated doors slide open.

Doctor: Welcome to Observation Outpost Rose 9!

(A Deep Space Nine meets Shadow Proclamation HQ kind of setting, in all black and blue. Multiple radio scan cubicles. Two small and two large infirmaries. A command center and a Tactical Recovery Center)

Architect: 9!?

Doctor: Well I had a Tardis. And some spare time. And a whole burning planet full of salvageable tech after the Master burned it all down. Meet the first Hybrid Observation Outpost! Made out of the best Gallifreyan and proto-human technology ever seen. Also Rhino compatible fixtures. If you were wondering. 

Judoon Guard Flo -Ko Shamomo 21: Hmmmmm [growls]

Architect: And what would you use it for?

Doctor: I wouldn't. You would. I build 6 of these across the universe, perfectly positioned along Hyperspace and multi-stellar communication lay lines in space. And 3 where the Flux was first seen and triangulated from. Those three you will be needing soon. These work on Stage 7 Temporal Engines. Big ones. And Repurposed Time Continuity Engines from leftover Gallifrey. So you can monitor all of possible ranges of Time; as long as you keep the powers on. Catch Genghis Khan, then catch the Master in the future Dalek Wars mucking about. Have brunch in the year 3.1 Billion, then come back to the 25th century. You get the picture. And all you can do phasing out of one spot. Right here. You can permanently establish these stations in present time; or now in the past, if you want to.

Architect: So this is,.....for US!?

Doctor: Sure it is. You had a filter to scope out whenever somebody uses or mentions your name in specific points in time. Well, Charlotte Lux Corporation - what's left of it diverted operating costs of The Glass House to refit these 6 stations with Multi-stellar antenna and Deep Space Radar. And then practically went bankrupt. Now you can search for anything you want, in any time you want.

Architect: But what of The Glass House. It's your most prized and beloved.

Doctor: Oh, it will survive. But for now, Time Webs! We have Assimilated Languages Matrix for the Judoonesse Troops. A very brief copy of essentials from the replicated Tardis Core from CAL. A training range....Ooooohhhh. This one I didn't think through. And another multi-species infirmary with a tissue-replicator and Zeta Ray Blue healer.

Architect: Why Rose, Doctor?

Doctor: She was a friend. More than a friend.... But she was lost to me. Stuck in a parallel universe due to the Dalek-Cyberman War at Canary Wharf. And then Davros tried to steal the Earth, along with the other planets which weakened the walls of reality. To cross over to her universe would have been catastrophic; and to keep her here, where her atoms were synced out of their regular frequency would have gradually killed her. So she was out of my reaches of Space and Time. And yet she still remained with me. Within me. Helped me through all of my next chapters and experiences. I carried on with her memory even when I thought that my regenerative cycle was over. Even though she was out of the bubble of my universe, she helped me survive. All the Observation Outpost Rose can now do the same.

Architect: Rose. I like it.

Doctor: I thought you might.

 

[Cue Title Theme]

 

 

 

 

 

Scene 2:

 

[Near Present Time]

Valeyard: Plus there is a psychic field covering the whole planet. Anything other than me, that does not share my physical and mental traits, my psychic lock links, are bound to submit to my will within the psychic fields. A total valley of submission.

[The Doctor's fingers move a little, and the Sonic glows a bit dim, unknown to all around.]

 

Valeyard: And then I killed everybody else. Galactic outposts, Observation Clusters, The Shadow Proclamation, even my version of precious Earth.

 

[The Doctor twitches his fingers, and a tiny plug-hole appears on his wrist. The Sonic switches on soundlessly. [MESSAGE RECORDED]]

 

Doctor: Oi! Yeah, You! The Vile of the Vale of the Vails. Meet the Energy of the Vortex of the Time!

[And then the shot through the both the Tardises. Up into Deep Space.]

 

Valeyard[OC]: Plus there is a psychic field covering the whole planet. Anything other than me, that does not share my physical and mental traits, my psychic lock links, are bound to submit to my will within the psychic fields. A total valley of submission. [Long pause] And then I killed everybody else. Galactic outposts, Observation Clusters, The Shadow Proclamation, even my version of precious Earth. And then I killed everybody else. Galactic outposts[static like disturbance]. The Shadow Proclamation....And then I killed everybody else. Galactic outposts [pause].....The Shadow Proclamation.

[And the message is carried on to deep space, even further.]

 

[Present Time]

Valeyard: But how?

 

 

Meanwhile-

[The Tardis had made its escape with all the crew, as the Doctor had instructed. The storm had collapsed in on itself and transported the rest of the station, with just a few debris left. No sooner than they had started off on their journey, than the Tardis gets a call from the New Shadow Proclamation Agency. The companions are brought to Observation Outpost Rose 4, where they are briefed on everything. Two hyperdrive capable Judoon Space frigates and SS Rose Tyler, are sent out to their last known position.]

 

Scene 3:

 

[Present time]

[To the background tunes of the Doctor Who theme, in the likes of the 13th Doctor; a battle version, with accompanying thumping and tempo; a different battle music after the chorus]

 

[Automated bows of the SS Rose Tyler have opened up to give way to multiple platoons of Judoons, who reign upon the opposition, while the Valeyard tries to get up on his feet and staggers away from view. A fierce battle has broken out between the forces of the Valeyard and the Judoons. While a lot of the Judoons are easily overpowered, they have had the element of surprise and caused some considerable damage of their own, specially to the Daleks. The forces of the Valeyard are stronger than anticipated. The Cyber-Masters go through one or two regenerative arc cycles. When shot with a heavy blast, they rest their head, slanted on backwards as if in standby. And within a minute, the functions of the arc-device kicks in, with golden energy all around them. They commence back to life, with a very gradual jerk, with not much change to show for except the carbon-scoring from the last hit. While normal Cybermen fell in battle, Cybercontroller chairs had the endurance of a steel bull. They shot out barges of concussive rockets that did extensive damage around them. Even the cavern itself reached to a point of collapse. While a few Silents got the upper-hand due to their forgettable presence and sneak-tactics, helmeted and armoured Judoons, who were connected to the Outpost Rose, had records from The replicated Tardis Core flowing in their Hud. With an afterimage of the Silent on their hud and an in-build shock collar system, they subdue the forces of the Silents. The overall battle, however, seems to be dragging onwards to a particularly bad result, with Judoons dropping faster every second. Even more forces rush out from the depths of the crypt, in forces of 50-100; including more Cybermen and the new 'Toclafane'.]

 

[But suddenly, there is a great and big horn of war sounding out. One of the bigger Roto-disc Proto-humans, Toclafane, turn around to see what is happening when it gets shot out, along with the rest of them. A barge of bullets and vehicular energy-blasts hail down on the different sizes and forms of enemies.]

WW Falconer 21: Danny Boy to Doctor. Repeat, Danny boy to the Doctor, do you hear me? [A group of four World-war era planes do a dive-by]

Doctor: Whaat?

52nd century Bearcat fighter [with the insignia RAF LIZ10]: Also, Danny boy to Doctor, can you hear me?

[A few more planes whoosh by].

Doctor: How is this possible? How are you doing this?

Layla: Doctor! It's us!

Doctor: Heh he! Layla! Daniel!

Daniel: Told you we would come back for you. You owe me a month vacation in a verrryyyy big and nice planet [over sounds of blasts]

[They have arrived with the Tardis in the background, and the full force of SPI.]

Architect: Wait for it Doctor. More is to come..

[The deck and underside of the bulbous bow of SS Rose Tyler, open up like a military cargo-hold. Instead of cargo, there are big repurposed Time-vortex Gates. And forces keep pouring in! From a bunch planes with callsign Danny boy from almost every unknown century. To a bunch of Silurians with big battle-staff and pincers, to two small platoons of 15-20 Sontarans. We also see a hooded woman clad in light bionics and an owl mask. The tip of her hood has a pointy, golden brooch stitched along. The gold linings go behind her back, in a pattern, throughout the hood and the dress. And submerge in to a gold pattern at the back that says LIZ20. Along with the Silurians, comes out somebody looking like Vastra [helmet slides in to both external corners]. She gestures courteously to her left, and out comes-]

Abraham[translated]: Hello, Doctor! Did you miss my presence? I have brought along some friends, if you please.

[An older version of Abraham, clad in a long-coat with similar fabric to Vastra. He raises his crossbows, as if in a gesture of war cry. Behind him are a group 10-15 hunters, 2 Wolfmen (similar to the one in Tooth and Claw, but shorter), and a man covered fully in bandages.]

.

Doctor: How are you doing this? Have you been putting up recruitment videos at the outposts!?

Architect: No, Doctor. We have been putting up hope, after the Flux. Then we found some of our own.

Doctor: What do you m-

Holo Moment-Rose: Hello Doctor!

Doctor: Rose! Roosssseee!? How is she here? Whaat? ....Which version is she? OHhhhhhhh, Hard-light hologram.

 

Scene 4:

 

[Turns out among the ruins of burned-down Gallifrey, the piece of which the Doctor turned into an asteroid, the Shadow Proclamation found a hidden floor-access after the confrontation with Dr. Zeuss and his Dalek creations. It could only be opened by Gallifreyan tech, which luckily the Doctor had stored in abundance within the Glass House. Deep inside an underground vault, the search team and a group of utility-armored Judoons find a semi-sealed box, housing the Moment. [No Big Red button this time]. The deadlock seal aperture is almost ripped out of place. Over a series of progressive scenes, it is shown that the Moment is brought and compiled into the Outpost Rose 1. Although with dangerous feedbacks at first, almost electrocuting testers in the lab, later on, the sentient Moment merges with the records of Rose Tyler from the replicated Tardis Data Core and Extranet records, and mimics a holo-form similar to her at the command node. From there the Moment has been used to open windows in time, faster and bigger than anybody could. The Moment has helped with evacuation during the Flux even.]

 

Doctor: A Rose with any other name, huh? Gone so far, and still helping me.

 

[Soon the odds of battle keep turning. The Valeyard stares at the progress of the battle from atop a small cliff within the cavern. He holds on to his left arm, which has been injured. Blasts go on before his very eyes, like a series of fireworks. He even sees the Master has regained consciousness and joined in, limping towards his forces the best way he could, with the help of Daniel.]

Valeyard[mocks]: Hmm. So this is how it is [takes in a hard puff of breath]. Old faces I knew and my new army face each other. Ravage each other to point of non-existence or death. And then wither away. I make a few immortal toys, like the Cyber-Mas- Uhh! But then I am left alone, again, on top of others.

Doctor[from behind]: Well, you could always have climbed down.

Valeyard: Doctor. Still pretending to play the fool, I gather.

Doctor: It's good to be a fool sometimes, Valeyard. Fools have things left to know, places to be. Stories to be part of and learn. Those that don't are not know-it-all. They are deep within the abyss of nothing- like you. There is nothing left to learn, nothing left to loose. Nothing to gain, which bends your psyche and your force of thought to start and conquering things you never needed. The lines between need and want, good and bad are blurred [coughs]. And then, like always. You are left alone. Not on top. Not at the bottom. But in a limboid of your own creation. It is not too late to stop.

Valeyard: Like I said Doctor. Your standards of filth does not particularly pertain to me. I am the Valeyard! While you were traveling in time singing lullaby, making quad cycles and Christmas trees, I was conquering universes where the laws of physics is not as we know it to be. While you were traveling with your partners and pets and androids, I had to live with the sense of lonesome solitude for centuries, having lost everything.

Doctor: And where has that gotten you?

Valeyard: And you think you have won? With this one victory, over a fraction of my forces? With lizards and hunters and rhinos!? The amassed hordes of Genghis Khan could not touch me. The intergalactic alliance of the Fallen could not trap me within a bigger Pandorica. The Daleks bowed down to me. Your ninth and eighth versions were killed in a freak time-accident, when I fired upon their ship. Even the Dalek Time Squad along with them were reduced to pieces. Multiple incarnations of your sixth self never even saw me coming - no matter what I did. And then there was you. What could you possibly do?

Doctor: Press buttons like a madman. And, oh! Call my Tardis.

 

[They get trapped in a time bubble, slowing everything down outside. And the Tardis materializes and takes shape along honeycomb layouts of the time bubble, with glowing roundels between them. A struggle ensues, with the Valeyard most overpowering him. Seeing a quick opening, the Doctor rolls back and seeps out, pausing the bubble for about a microsecond. The Valeyard tries to reach out with his power gauntlet, but gets a steady line of shock.]

 

Doctor[wiping the blood of his forehead]: You do not learn, do you? That's a steady feedback loop, full of Magnus positron energy. A pull of almost 0.2G. And you thought what, you would just take a stab!?

[A charge builds up within the gauntlet. The Doctor notices and un-pauses the bubble. It partially comes down like a shell. He tries to dislodge the gauntlet arm but it won't come out. He begs and urges the Valeyard but he would not cooperate. The charge build-up causes a big white zap within the partial bubble, collapsing in on itself. Sparks come out in every direction, even damaging the Tardis walls. Carrying the Valeyard to an uncertain fate. When the smoke clears, all that is left is charred Tardis floor and smokes, where once the Valeyard stood.]

 

[The Battle is won. Most Daleks dead. The Humanoid species are taken into captivity by the Judoons. The Cyber-Masters have fled into thin air, with no trace. The Master suggests a method to track them, but even that does not help. Everybody recoups back from the onslaught of war, while the injured are being tended to.

Everybody is happy with how it has all turned out. Even the Master is happier than his usual self.]

 

Scene 5:

 

[To a long tune of Simon & Garfunkel - Scarborough Fair showing the restoration around and the sense of peace and everything normal]

[After all of it is over a few days later, everything goes back to normal. Almost. Daniel is interacting with the Tardis. The Tardis is giving him holo-lessons on type of space freighters. The Master keeps working on his arm in the console room. While Daniel looks on. Without even looking up, he assures him that he would be out of his hair soon enough, with minimal damage to property and morals. Scout's honor!]

[Layla goes through her holo-journal in Xylok and sketches designs of all the Daleks she saw and faced. She makes a journal entry describing how her journeys went from facing monkeys to traveling the depths of space and time, and how it wouldn't transpire and reciprocate well among others. But she is okay with that. Because she knows they do important work and save lives. And overall, the time spent with the Doctor is awe-inspiring, to say in the least of terms. So, she is happy.]

[The Doctor is repairing parts of his Tardis, from the outside. He has a new barn, similar to the old one. And an open-ended workshop where the Tardis is hoisted. He parks the Tardis abruptly, and the Master gives a shout from the inside. Looking over the barn, to the extreme right is The Glass house, now shielded wholly in darkstar metal, except the front glass panels. Gleaming in the glowing twilight sun.]

[Later on, the Doctor has cleaned up and is visiting River's photo. There are a few more 3D pictures of River, but very small compared to this one. There are several other smaller pictures with captions, in a section with a header called 'Smiths and Jones', starting with one of the group together, a selfie with Layla and Daniel.]

The others [with captions] - Picture of Yaz, Dan, Graham and Ryan - My newest family through space and time. 

Bill Potts, the girl as happy and fluid as life itself. A mighty Sentient Oil who proves that love has no bounds and shape.

Nardole Velasca Maldovar,  N.A.Rdole of the Velasca lineage of the 'Brotherhood of Maldovar' of crime ring of Mendorax Dellora, the most loyal and funniest Moldhovahrian friend, when not blue. 

Clara Oswald, The 'Impossible' girl. Shadows of Oswin Oswald and Winnie Clarence. Carer and savior of the Doctor. Fit to be a Doctor herself.

Amy 'Amelia' Jessica Pond, the girl who crossed universes and waited through time to preserve love and friendship; Mother-in-law. 

Rory Brian Williams, The Last Centurion and the Constant Warrior/Guardsman of the Pandorica, the guy who waited through time for the one he loved. He had the best soul even when he didn't; Father -in-law. 

Madame Vastra, Siluria Al Va'stra and Jennifer 'Jenny' Flint - The Great, Veiled detective and wife of the Paternoster Gang of Old Victorian London of Sol-3. Legends born out of time!. 

Strax or Strax S32002120- Retired Commander and High Medical Officer of the 212th New Batch Sontaran Empire. He was the true glory of more than one galactic empire, and a loyal friend. 

Donna Noble, the unsung hero of the multiverse; a true companion. Also DoctorDonna, Human-Time Lord Variant from a Meta-crisis. Friend of the Oodkind.

Martha Jones, the most-brilliant, sweetest and bravest woman to walk the Earth. 

Jack Harkness, formerly Javic Piotr Thane. Leader of Torchwood 3 and 4 from Sol-3; and Torchwood Archives. Leader of the Overlord Cell of Guardians in the 61st Century Silver Devastation. One of the most loyal and undying friends; pun-intended. 

Mickey Smith, the one who could brave the terrors of Time and Space for love and companionship. The purest quality of all.

Adam Mitchell. Fallen hero. Turned to the dark. Found his light by dying to save the universe. A companion true.

Sarah Jane Smith, the most fantastic adventurer and a true beacon. Pioneer of the Sarah Jane Alien Files Archive and Libraries, and High House of the Xylok databases. 

River Song/Melody Pond Williams, Professor, Intergalactic Bounty Hunter, Intellectual Assets retriever, Daughter of the Tardis, beloved Wife, Love of life. 

Rose Tyler, Dame Rose of the Powell Estate, a best friend in all of time and space with any other name.

And room for more, including a photo of Susan and Adric.

[Cue End credits]

Disturbed by a BWwaahahahahahahahahaha!


Post-credits Scene

[The Doctor feels something eerie around. Like somebody watching. He takes half a turn, in a casual stroll. He passes by items on display but nothing seems out of the ordinary. Opposing the pictures, he chooses to go right, out of the hall, seeing one item at a time.]

Stranger: ....BWwaahahahahahahahahaha!

 

The Doctor feels a chill!

Doctor: What was that? Bloody bloods of the moons of Osphorgus, it went cold in here!

[He again comes back slowly towards the pictures hanging on the left side of the hall. Something makes him automatically turn right again. He sees a full-body mirror.]

Doctor: The Damned Mirror of Erlisle. I haven't seen that in a-Wait! That wasn't there.

[He goes to a shiny card, stuck down on one corner of the mirror frame. He retrieves it.]

Doctor[reads]: Magical Mesmerizer Summoning cards. From the enchanted fairs of 'Winkle's Wonderland'. Loved those!

[He flaps the glittering card in slow-motion a few times. Its 3-dimensional. The final flap reveals something hidden. A shadowy child crouching with hands on his face. As it gets up he sees its an Angel! Bound in sapphire-colored chains and bracelets in its hands.]

Doctor: No! No, No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no-

[And Zap]

Doctor:- no!

[He is in the unknown nowhere, send back in time.]

Valeyard: ....BWwaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!