Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Tomachi ❯ Young Heartache ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Okay, currently I'm taking a Summer school course to get ahead at school, that's why I haven't been writing. But anyway, here's chapter four. I hope you enjoy it! Please R&R!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
On the last chapter, Chapter 3: Arrival
 
The old man looked at her, and placed his free hand on his chest. “Gohan” he said slowly. “Is that his name?” she thought, as she did she looked a bit puzzled. He repeated himself. She placed a hand on her chest “Tomachi” she replied.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 4: Young Heartache
 
Tomachi lay asleep on Gohan's bed, which consisted of a matt on the floor. Baby Goku lay asleep in Gohan's arms, while Gohan sat at his table sorting his thoughts. Earlier that day he tried to find little Tomo's parents, but he found a space pod instead. Goku had arrived on Earth in a pod like it; he wouldn't find her parents on this world.
 
The next day he began to teach Tomachi his language. It was a difficult process, but within a year she could speak fluently. By then she had already explained to Gohan of how she arrived on Earth, and what had become of her mother and the planet Vegeta. She also spoke of the mysterious man who saved her life, she wondered who he was. Gohan suspected he was her father, but he kept these thoughts to himself.
 
At five Gohan began to teach her his fighting technique, by the time Goku was old enough to learn Gohan's teachings, Tomachi had learned everything Gohan knew. When Gohan had completed Goku's training, he was six and Tomachi nine.
 
Gohan had always put the two of them to bed before the moon shown, but one night Goku got out of bed to use the restroom. There was no plumbing in the hut, so Goku always went outside. That night the moon happened to be full, so Goku's transformation begun.
 
Tomachi was naturally a light sleeper, and she heard something strange outside the hut. She got up from her matt and looked out the window. Her eyes widened and mouth gapped open slightly. What she saw was a giant ape, and it was still growing. She knew it was Goku. She remembered that much of her people, that they transformed at the sight of a full moon. She ran over the Gohan. “Grandpa Gohan Grandpa Gohan!! We have to stop Goku!!” She shook him to try and wake him up. He sat up with a jolt. “What is it?” he asked, yawning. “Goku saw the full moon, we have to stop him grandpa he has no idea what he's doing!” Gohan got up quickly and went for the door.
 
Tomachi pulled her long hair back and tied it with a cloth, rapping it up into a bun-like hairstyle to keep it from getting in the way. When she finished this she ran after Gohan. By then Goku was in full form and rampaging about the forest. Tomo caught up with Gohan and managed to call out “We have to cut off his tail!” as Goku noticed them and started trying to trample Tomachi and Gohan. After managing to dodge the wild movements of the ape before them, Gohan shouted over to Tomo “Go back into the hut, grab the Power Pole and tie something sharp to the end of it!” “But what about you grandpa?!” “Don't worry about me Tomo, I can hold my ground until you get back!”
 
With that Tomo took off as fast as she could to their home while Gohan distracted an enraged Goku. When she got there she dug about the hut and in a matter of seconds she found a knife Gohan uses to cut up fish and other meat. She ran outside with the knife in one hand and the Power Pole in the other, and went towards a vine. She cut the vine with the knife and quickly tied the knife to the Power Pole.
 
Now she was running back to Goku and Gohan as fast as she could. “Grandpa Gohan I'm coming!!” She shouted. Gohan looked towards her as she came closer and closer. He lost his concentration at that moment and Goku's ape foot came down on him, crushing him. “No!!” Tomachi cried out. Goku then came after her.
 
Guilt stricken due to Gohan getting crushed, Goku easily grabbed a hold of her. He becan to squeeze her, and she began to scream due to the pressure that was being put on her body. She bit into his hand as hard she she could, causing him to let her go. She took this opportunity and ran behind him, made the Power Pole extend, and cut his tail off. Goku quickly dissolved back into the little boy he once was, and fell into a deep slumber on the ground.
 
Tomachi was now breathing hard, and fell to her hands and knees. Goku had cracked two of her ribs, but she knew they would heal in about an hour because she is a quick healer due to both her vampire and saiyan blood (she still doesn't know she's a hybrid). She passed out and woke up about an hour and a half later, getting up slowly to make sure everything has healed. She glances over at Goku; he was still sleeping and she knew he was fine.
 
She picked up the Power Pole with the knife tied to it and walked over to where Gohan lay. She stopped about a foot from him; able to see right away that life no longer occupied his body. Tears filled her eyes as she looked down at him, and then she began to dig a grave for him. It took her two hours to completely dig the hole with only her hands. She pushed him into it gently and pushed the dirt over his body. “Grandpa…I'm sorry this happened to you…I will raise Goku in the way you wanted to him to be, in the way to show him that there are many beautiful things in this world, and that they outnumber the bad…”
 
Tomachi removed the knife from the Power Pole as tears began to roll down her face. She took the knife and reached behind her, cutting the bun of hair off her head. When she finished the remainder of her hair fell about her face, blocking her features as her tears began to drip off her chin. She stood there quietly for a bit, then finally set the bun of hair at the head of his grave and stabbed the knife into it. “I too will live the way you taught me and Goku to live…Goodbye Grandpa…” She turned and walked away.
 
Gohan's grave was in a secluded part of the woods, a part Tomo was sure Goku wouldn't find.
 
She walked over to Goku and picked him up, carrying him back to the hut. She lay him down on his mat and covers him up with his blanket. She lays in hers and closes her eyes, sadness still over her, and falls into a deep sleep.
 
By now the sun was just below the horizon, and a new day was arriving.
 
To Be Continued…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
There you go, review me and tell me what you think please!