Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ My Eva Story ❯ Angels Gone ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
TGSS5: Disclaimer!

Disclaimer: TGSS5 will do a Kamehameha on his ability to sell this shit!

TGSS5: *does so*

Disclaimer: DO NOT SUE!

TGSS5: *after smoke clears* Sorry I jumped in at the end, guys. Shinji really needed some self-esteem... and a girlfriend.

Shinji: Now I've got both! Not for long though...

Asuka: After all, we're engaged!

TGSS5: Time really does fly... Well, let's start!

-----------------------

"___": speech and non-speech quotes
'___': signs and speech quotes
*___*: thoughts
CAPS: Geta's shirts
italics : Geta's author powers in use

-----------------------
Chapter 3
Angels Gone

Geta and Tolone woke up, trying to look like they were having a bad day. They quickly started yelling at each other with predetermined words, at the end of which Tolone started stomping off down the hallway. As she was leaving, Geta smirked inside, telling Tolone, "Good job. That could fool just about anyone." He sensed her response was a mental smirk. Kaerlos, Seraphita, and Bardock came out of their rooms. "Well, looks like she's decided to leave me," Geta said, facing away from Gendo's little spy-cam and smirking to his kids. "While you're adjusting, why don't you go to NERV HQ? I hear Asuka's having a synch test today, too."

His kids nodded and said, "Yes, Dad," while trying to look and sound unenthusiastic. They all left for the HQ as Geta left, muttering something incoherent.

When the young Saiyans arrived, they saw Asuka on a viewscreen, sitting still with her eyes closed. "So how's she doing?" Seraph asked, trying to sound like she didn't care.

"Not good," Misato answered. "Her synch ratio is 10 percent and dropping."

"Now, just concentrate like you always do," Ritsuko ordered.

Asuka opened her eyes, blushed, and said, "I-I'm trying!"

Misato noticed the blush. "So, who is it?" she asked, smiling craftily.

Asuka blushed more at the insinuation, but played dumb. "W-what do you mean?"

Misato didn't notice the intensification and said, "Who is it you're thinking of that way?"

Asuka blushed even harder as she said, "No one!" a bit too emphatically to be believed.

Misato downright smirked as she asked, "Is it Shinji?"

Asuka's entire face turned a bright red that one might think almost ignited her hair. "NO!!!" she shouted as emphatically as she could.

That didn't work, though. Misato grinned triumphantly as she said, "It is, isn't it!" Asuka's only response was to accomplish the impossible and blush harder. Misato continued grinning. "I thought so. I think I'll tell Shinji he has an admirer."

"I already know that," Shinji's voice came. A few seconds later Shinji stepped into the room, saying to Asuka, "And I can assure you that the feeling is mutual." Then everyone noticed what he was wearing: a black shirt, black pants, black leather boots, white gloves, and a black cape with a blood red lining.

Misato stared. "Why are you dressed as Dracula?"

Shinji smirked. "Ever heard of cosplay?" Everyone nodded. "Good. Sometimes I like to dress up as fictional characters."

Ritsuko, who had paid little attention during the previous exchange, said, "Asuka, your synch ratio has reached zero." She turned and blinked when she saw Shinji's clothes. "Well... looking good, Shinji," was her only comment.

Shinji looked at Asuka on the viewscreen as he thought, *It's hard to hold back from biting when there's so much fresh blood in the room with me- the smell's driving me crazy!* After a short time he said in a strained voice, "I gotta go." With no further warning, he ran down the hallway he had entered from. As he ran his eyes started glowing red like Geta's at Super Saiyan 5, his nails lengthened and sharpened into claws, and his canine teeth grew into fangs.

When he got to an exit he found it was guarded by one of Gendo's private Section 2 posse, just as Geta had predicted. "Hold on! Where are you going in such a hurry?" the guard demanded.

Shinji looked up at the guard, scaring him with his glowing eyes, and blasted the upper left corner of the wall the door was in. When the smoke cleared, Shinji was latched onto the man's back, fangs piercing the side of his neck. The young vampire drank deeply until the man collapsed, then drank as fast as the blood flowed as it ebbed. When he pulled his teeth out, his vampiric traits were receding quickly. He stood up, picked the guard's corpse up, and answered his question, rather belatedly: "I didn't want to do that to one of my friends." Then he threw the corpse out the door and blasted it to make sure it wouldn't become another vampire. Geta hadn't specified one way or the other, so best to be safe.

The next day, a boy arrived. Gendo addressed him as the "Fifth Child," Kaoru Nagisa. *Yeah, right,* Geta thought. *He's number 16 for sure.* He saw that his family and Shinji shared his sentiments, though Misato didn't seem to believe his dream-message.

Their thoughts were strengthened when Kaoru managed to get a 35 percent synchronization with Asuka's setup. Shinji beat him rather badly with his 65 percent, though. After the synch test, Geta, his family, and Shinji teleported to the place known as Terminal Dogma to wait for Kaoru. Sure enough, a few hours after they arrived Kaoru came floating down, followed by the red Eva. The Angel started when he saw them, then asked, "What are you doing here?"

Geta glared at the "boy." "We're here to stop the 16th Angel... we're here to stop you, Kaoru."

Kaoru glared back. "And how did you know what I was?"

Geta smirked coldly. "Precognition has its advantages. I suppose I should tell you that NERV has Lillith, not Adam."

"Yeah, right! And I suppose you could find someone's future out by reading their palm?"

Geta shrugged. "I could if I wanted to, but I actually don't need to. I can read someone's future just by looking at them."

Then Kaoru noticed something. "I was told that you two broke up yesterday. So why are you two together?" he asked, pointing at Geta and Tolone.

Geta smirked evilly. "We faked. Very well, might I add." Then he threw all pretenses aside and entered a fighting stance. "Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, shall we begin?" The others nodded and entered fighting stances of their own.

"Okay, fine," Kaoru said before waving the Eva behind him forward.

"I'd say that I'll regret this, but I won't. I never liked you!" Asuka cried out as she charged a blast in each hand. Then she fired a spreading beam of ki at the Eva, destroying everything below the shoulders, and another to finish the job.

"Now then, let's get down to business," Geta remarked before flying at Kaoru at top speed, stopping with his right hand a mere inch away from his face. "RrrrrRRR HAAAAAA!" he shouted as he blasted the boy-like Angel. When the waves of ki ebbed and dissipated, only a foul-smelling cloud of smoke remained of the final Angel. "Now that he's gone, I'm gonna go kill Lillith." So saying, Geta teleported to Lillith, floating above the Sea of Blood. "You're the last one... here we go!" he shouted before firing a massive blast at the giant.

Geta then teleported back to his friend and family. "Let's go home," Shinji suggested.

Geta nodded and, before he did anything else, told Shinji, "If you ever need a father, don't be afraid to ask me. It would be nice if I had someone else to call me Dad."

Shinji nodded, smiling. "Thanks... Dad. I'll be sure to remember that." Geta grinned and teleported them to his apartment.

During the (rather mild) celebrations, Shinji pulled Asuka away from the others and into one of the bedrooms. When he closed the door behind him, Asuka blinked and asked, "What's up, Shinji? Why all the hiding?"

Shinji hung his head as he said, "If you want to be with me, then there's something I think you should know."

Asuka lifted Shinji's face so she could see into his eyes and gasped at the emotions she saw there. Hope. Sorrow. Fear. Rage. A plethora of emotions danced in his eyes, and she could only guess a few reasons. The hope was the possibility of getting her as a girlfriend. The fear was of rejection. The sorrow and rage she could not fathom the reasoning behind. "What is that?" she asked finally.

Shinji sighed. "I... I'm a vampire." At her questioning look he continued, "A real vampire, with fangs, claws, and a desire for blood." He started crying. "I... I hope you can accept me..."

Asuka wiped a tear off Shinji's face as she said, "Nothing could make me reject you. I know I'm probably a little young for these emotions..." She used her until-now concealed tail to pull him close. "...but I know that I love you." Shinji smiled brightly at that declaration, and the two teens started kissing, teaching themselves the best way to kiss.

Out in the living room, Geta smirked. "Looks like Asuka and Shinji just got together," he announced. Everyone present smirked along with him and turned as the door Shinji had closed opened and the two teens in question stepped out, holding hands.

Shinji blinked. "What're you guys smirking at?" he asked.

Seraphita continued smirking as she said, "Oh, nothing, just that you're almost as young as I was when I hooked up with my husband."

"And how old were you then, Seraph?" Asuka demanded.

Seraph smiled reminiscently as she said, "Twelve." Then her smirk returned as she said, "According to Mom, we were meant to be together."

Tolone nodded. "Yeah, and I've kept this from you until now, Asuka, but you kept grabbing at Shinji with your tail like you couldn't resist." Then she grinned. "That was how I knew that Gohan was the man for Seraph."

Asuka smiled ruefully. "So Shinji and I were meant to be together, huh?" She shrugged. "Figures. I was born to marry a human who was not a human, and that boy was a weakling who was strong."

Geta shrugged. "Full of contradictions, isn't he?"

-----------------------

TGSS5: Yes, Shinji is full of contradictions. He REALLY contradicts his father- open, honest, kind, courteous, responsible... so on, so forth...

Shinji: Also, I'm a vampire and so's my mom!

Yui: I vant to zuck your blood. *giggles*

Gendo: You're starting to freak me out...

Yui and Shinji: *bite Gendo*

TGSS5: How'd he get back, anyway?

Gohan: Good question.

Seraph: Next chapter: Gendo's Doom!