Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / One Piece Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Piccolo and Luffy drabbles ❯ Eating...or a Lack Thereof... ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Piccolo/Luffy Snap-shots: 2
 
Eating…or a lack thereof…
caliko_cat/LemonKitty
Word Count: 762
 
XXX
 
It was surprising, yet it wasn't. They weren't expecting to happen, but with Luffy as Captain they should have known better. Only their idiot captain could find Nakama in the middle of nowhere.
 
A new comrade that was tall and strangely dressed…and green; with pointy ears and fangs.
 
Sanji took another drag from his cigarette; he seemed to be smoking more than usual these days. He was on edge, jittery, nervous as a bus boy on his first job. And only because the new guy hadn't eaten any of his food.
 
Piccolo had been with them for a few days, yet he hadn't touched any food, the complete opposite of Luffy who snatched anything edible within sight. The oddly colored male was an enigma that Sanji couldn't figure out…he had to eat sometime…right?
 
The cook sighed. Nami and Robin were in the small grove of orange trees, enjoying the coffee and snacks he'd made them. Usopp and Chopper were tinkering with their gadgets and medicine. And Marimo was snoring away god knew where, hopefully in the ocean, stupid Marimo.
 
And Luffy was trying to coax Piccolo to eat something…well maybe coax wasn't the right word. It was more like Luffy was poking at the green man's closed mouth with roll. Something of an amusing sight.
 
“C'mon Piccolo! You need to eat!”
 
Piccolo glared in response.
 
“It's good! Sanji is a goober cook!” Luffy grinned.
 
Piccolo shot Sanji a look, and the cook replied with an eye roll. “Gourmet Luffy, Gourmet.”
 
“That's what I said.” Luffy tossed over his shoulder before poking the roll at Piccolo's lips again. “Eat!”
 
“It's not that bad.” Sanji offered helpfully, taking another drag. “It won't kill you.”
 
Piccolo's lips twitched and parted just a bit to respond to Sanji when Luffy shoved the roll, and his entire hand into his mouth.
 
“Good isn't it.” Luffy beamed, snapping his hand back and wiping it on his shirt.
 
Sanji felt sorry for the poor guy, who was currently choking and sputtering, and trying to breathe around the roll. “Luffy, that probably wasn't the best way to feed him.”
 
“But he wouldn't eat.”
 
Sanji rolled his eyes again and poured a glass of water and handed it to Piccolo who gulped it down. “Better?”
 
Piccolo nodded and glared at Luffy. “Are you trying to kill me kid?”
 
Luffy's grin wilted a little as he shook his head. “You wouldn't eat. If you don't eat you get weak. Once some bad guys tied Zoro up and didn't let him eat for a month and he was weak. He even fainted…after he beat them up.”
 
Piccolo's glare lessened and he sighed and ruffled the kid's hair. “I won't get weak from not eating.”
 
When Sanji and Luffy stared at him blankly he smirked a bit. “My species is a little more evolved than humans. We only need water to survive.”
 
Luffy blinked and a look of absolute horror crossed his face. “You don't eat…at all?”
 
Piccolo shook his head. “I can eat, I just don't need to.”
 
Luffy looked like he was going to pout. “But—“
 
Piccolo held his hand up. “I understand that you were worried. But I don't need food to survive.”
 
Sanji let out a puff of smoke before snuffing the cancer stick. “No one said anything about surviving green bean. It's about living. There's a difference.”
 
Piccolo gave him an odd look, one brow raised higher than the other. “Green bean?”
 
Sanji shrugged. “Marimo was taken.”
 
Piccolo gave a snort. “Why is it so important that I eat?”
 
Sanji lit another cigarette. “It's my job to make sure everyone gets what they need. To make sure no one goes hungry…except Luffy.”
 
“Sanji!”
 
He ignored the alarmed look his captain was giving him and he took a drag from the new cig. “You don't have to eat a lot, just a little at every meal, whatever you can keep Luffy from snatching and inhaling.”
 
Piccolo stared at him for a bit, some sort of understanding passing between them. “Fine.”
 
Luffy bounced a little in his seat. “You're going to eat?”
 
Piccolo nodded. “But if you shove your hand in my mouth again I'm going to throw you into the sea.”
 
“Okay. Hey Sanji! Meat! Get us lots of Meat!”
 
“I'm only going to eat a little Luffy.”
 
“Huge pieces of Meat!”
 
“Luffy!”
 
“Hurry up Sanji!”
 
Piccolo shot Sanji a `help me' sort of look and the cook could only shake his head as he fired up the stove to start on lunch. “You're on your own Green Bean.”
 
XXX