Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Let The Game Begin ❯ Preparations and Rules ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape, or form associated with DragonBall Z, Tenchi, or Outlaw Star. I am merely someone who loves to play with the characters. I hope to have some art inspired by this story posted on my site. Well, enjoy the game.

Let The Game Begin

Chapter One by Alexa

Thirty characters from the realms of DragonBall Z, Tenchi, and Outlaw Star, stood amongst each other. No one knew where they were, or how they came to be there. A lush forest expanded before them as far as anyone could see, and a simple structure stood behind them. Four women stood in front of the crowd. All dressed in camouflage pants, black sports bras, black combat boots, sunglasses, and their hair pulled back out of their faces. Alexa, the GameMaster, was decked out in full black/grey camo; Mirabella in yellow; Morella in red; and Contessa in blue.

The leader spoke as the trio gathered and calmed down the group. "Welcome. I am Alexa, the GameMaster. You have all been brought here to participate in a little game. Now, before you ask any questions, all will be explained once you are all properly outfitted." Alexa gestured to the building behind the crowd. "To my right is the ladies' side, and the left the men's. You have one hour in total to clean, dress, and line up out here. Upon entering you will find a locker bearing each of your names in those lockers are your uniforms. I suggest the gentlemen do wear everything given them; however, ladies, you do not have to wear the undershirts. Head wear is optional, which is provided; caps, berets, and bandannas." She began to walk up and down the line of characters. "Anyone still in the locker room after your hour has passed, I don't care who or what you are, you will be brought out here to finish dressing in front of everyone." She returned to her position at the middle. "You hour begins now."

Few hesitated as they separated into two groups. Men to the left, and women to the right. Vegeta was thoroughly annoyed at this point. He walked into the locker room to see rows of lockers and benches followed by bathroom stalls on one wall and sinks with mirrors opposite leading into an open shower area.

Tenchi was the first to attempt to break the ice. "Well, it looks like five of us can shower at the same time. I hope no one is too shy." He saw a tall, green man give him a weird look. "I'm Tenchi, by the way." He laughed nervously as some of the men stared at him, but no one said anything. He decided to be quiet and find his locker.

Gene Starwind and Jim Hawking were quietly talking as they stood side-by-side rummaging through their lockers. "Wow, Jim. Look at all this stuff in here. It's mostly camouflage. I wonder what kind of game we're going to be playing."

"I don't know, Gene. With all this black and camo. Hey look a towel. Let's get in the showers before we end up getting dressed outside." Both outlaws left the lockers to clean up. "Hey, Gene. What's with that guy?" Jim subtly gestured toward Oolong, who happened to be greatly frowning at the black underwear.

"I've never seen anything like him before."

"Hey, Vegeta. Look its your color. These look like they came out of your wardrobe." Krillan joked as he held up a pair of black Spandex shorts. The Son boys and Yamcha laughed at the look on Vegeta's face. Their fun was killed as the Saiyan prince threatened to blow Krillan and Yamcha into the next dimension if either made any more comments. Krillan continued searching through the contents pulling out a camo jacket and pants, the shorts, a black tank top, black socks, black underwear, and a pair of black combat boots. "Hey, these are even my size."

Meanwhile on the ladies' side of things. A minor argument between Aisha and Chi-chi was escalating into a cat fight, but Melfina managed to calm the two women down. They still growled at each other before going separate ways. Chi-chi walked over to join Bulma, Videl, and #18. "The nerve of that, that…" Her anger died for a moment as she once again looked at Aisha. "What is she anyway?"

"A Ctarl-Ctarl. They are a race of cat/human hybrids. If she has enough energy, she can transform into a tiger." A woman in white robes answered. "I am Sazuka."

Ryoko and Ayeka had broken into another squabble of I'll-look-better-in-that-than-you-will. Nagi interrupted by reminding them who won last time they were in a beauty contest. Instead of arguing with each other, both glared at Nagi. A few feet away, Washu pulled out all the clothing, looking at it. Basically the same as the men's except they had black sports bras, too.

The hour passed rather quickly to some and crawled to others. Nearly everyone was out of the locker rooms by the end of their hour. The trio once again organized everyone into a line, and Alexa stood before them.

Mirabella finished her head count. "Twenty-nine. Missing a male."

"Thanks, Mira." Alexa passed through the line and headed into the men's lockers. "Your hour is up. Get your shit, and get your ass out there. NOW!!" No response, no movement. She proceeded to the showers. Vegeta stood there staring into a mirror. "What the hell is your malfunction? Didn't you hear me?" No response. "Vegeta?" He looked at her then. "I know who you are. What's the problem?"

"These clothes, the strict orders, reminds me of an army. I assume this game we're playing is like a war game, and the forest will be the field. My hair standing up won't help me hide in a strategic position."

"So put something on it, and get your ass out there."

"I can't. Nothing will hold."

"Well, that's easily solved." Alexa reached over her shoulder drawing a sword and swiftly sliced the top few inches of Vegeta's tall flame-like hair. Sheathing the sword, she picked up a bandanna, and tied it onto his head. "Problem solved. For the final time, get your ass…" He was moving before she finished her sentence.

Vegeta fell into line, and Alexa stood before everyone. "Now that everyone if finally out here, I will explain the purpose of your presence. If anyone still has questions once I am done, then you may ask them. You have all been summoned to entertain us for a few hours, or so. You will be divided into three teams and escorted to your respective camps. Once there, instructions will be given by one of these lovely ladies." She gestures to Morella, Mirabella, and Contessa. "I'm sure you can guess what the team colors will be. Each camp will have all the equipment, ammo, and rations that you will need; at the center will be a solid-colored flag. The point of this game, ladies and gentlemen, is to capture the flags of the opposing teams and return to your own camp. To accomplish this, you must locate the other camps, create strategies, and do everything in your powers. I will add that you will be the only living, moving objects in the forest. This should be useful information to those who have sensitive ears. Once all the remaining members of your team, and all three flags are inside the camp, victory will be declared. Any questions?"

Oolong spoke first, "What do you mean by remaining members?"

"You will of course be shooting at each other to protect your own or captured flag. Don't worry. It will only be paintballs. And you cannot, under any circumstances, shoot a team mate. I'm look at you, Vegeta, Ryoko. Any more questions?" No responses. "Good. Ladies."

The women began to blindfold and handcuff the players with only a few minor tribulations. Alexa informed them that they would be split into the three teams and lead to their respective camps in silence. Mirabella carried a chain to attach to each member of the yellow team; Morella did the same for the red, and Contessa for the blue. Once all the players resembled three chain gangs, the women went their appropriate ways.

It seemed as though eternity would pass before the constraints were to be removed. It was more difficult for some to keep quiet; many took the opportunity to listen to their surroundings. Any attempts to speak were promptly reprimanded. One by one the teams reached their base camps. They were released and told the following:

"Welcome to the camp of the yellow/red/blue team. Each player will wear a band on either upper arm or upper thigh symbolizing the team color. Each player will carry this paintball gun with 100 paintballs of according color. Each player will wear a communications device to contact fellow team members. Each player will seek and destroy members of opposing teams without using excessive force. Remember, the mission is to win, to be victorious, to keep your pride. There will be no questions."

The women saluted their team, turned, and left to return to Alexa.

"Contessa reporting. Blue team has been delivered."

"Mirabella reporting. Yellow team has been delivered."

"Morella reporting. Red team has been delivered."

"Thank you, ladies." Alexa's voice could be heard across the entire forest. "Let the game begin!!!"