Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma and Akane - A Saiyan Story ❯ Coming to Earth ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ranma and Akane - A Saiyan Story
A Ranma/DBZ Crossover Fan Fiction
By Michael Ivins
 
I don't own Ranma or DBZ. I wish I did.
 
This takes place before the start of either anime or manga for Ranma and DBZ before the destruction of planet Vegeta. To be truthful you won't see any of the DBZ cast, I just want to make Ranma and Akane both Saiyans. The characters will speak of the DBZ anime and Manga.
 
Chapter 1
Coming to Earth
 
Saotome Genma wandered aimlessly through the woods. He was feeling acutely depressed. His normal remedy for that would be to get together with his buddy Tendo Soun and go out and get roaring drunk. That wouldn't work this time because Tendo was barricaded in his bedroom, weeping so much that he was in danger of needing to be hospitalized for dehydration.
 
Soun and his wife were in mourning for the death of their baby girl. Kimiko had been in an accident while she had been pregnant with their third child. As a result the child had been born dead.
 
Earlier today the Saotome's had gotten a report from Nodoka's doctor. Her uterus was damaged. While conception was possible, Nodoka would never be able to carry the child to term. To try would almost certainly end the life of both mother and child.
 
Nodoka hadn't taken the news well. She had desperately wanted children. When Genma got back they would have talk about what options were open to them. Maybe they could adopt. Genma wanted a son he could train in the Art, but Nodoka wanted a daughter. Maybe they could get one of each.
 
He should probably be at home, comforting his wife. He had left her in the care of her sister because he couldn't deal with the emotions. He needed to get away from everything, including the city. For a matter this large it wasn't enough to just go out into the back yard.
 
The doctor had mentioned things like a surrogate mother to carry the fertilized egg after in vitro fertilization. It did sound possible, but there was no way they could afford the cost. He sighed.
 
He put his hand out to lean on the trunk of a tree. His efforts to clear his head were not working all that well. He hated to bother Tendo with his problem when the loss they suffered was much worse than his own problem. The Master was pretty much useless for something like this.
 
The stillness of the forest was shattered by a roar of a large object flying through the air. That didn't last long as whatever was flying (or falling) struck the earth with a tremendous impact. It must have been close because the earth shook enough to knock the balding martial artist off his feet.
 
“What the hell?” He got easily to his feet and went in the direction of the impact. He thought it must be a meteor. This wouldn't solve any of his problems, but it would at least be something to distract him for a while.
 
What he found was very different from what he had expected. Something had come down at an angle, tearing through trees. The odd thing was that the trees were smashed and shattered but not burned. Shouldn't a meteor have been hot enough to have set the trees on fire, or at least scorch them?
 
The object had dug a trench about a hundred meters long and ended in a shallow crater. The object itself was definitely not a meteor. Unless meteors were made of worn, pitted metal. As he got closer he could see a metal sphere twice as large in diameter as he was tall. On one side there was a small, round window set in what looked like it might be a door shaped somewhat like the stitching on a baseball.
 
He walked up close enough to touch the sphere but held off on actually putting hands on the ball shaped object. Genma still expected the ball to be hot but couldn't feel heat radiating from it. On closer inspection the ball looked like it may once have been polished metal but now looked like it had seen better days. The surface metal was dull and pitted, not like acid but like things had struck it.
 
Genma wasn't a big fan of science fiction, but even he had heard of the basic concept of spaceships and alien beings. Surely this thing had to be an alien spaceship. The thought that came to him was that if that was the case, the ship must have crashed. It seemed unlikely that anything living could have survived such a violent landing.
 
Whoever had built the ship had done a good job. Even a hard enough crash to dig a trench and create a crater, there were no dents or torn metal. He leaned closer and tried to peer in through the circular window. It was dark inside the sphere and he wasn't able to make out anything.
 
He began to wonder if he could sell this thing. As the discoverer he should have full rights to it and any money that would come from it. Just the metal the ship was made of must be worth a fortune. There had to be machines, electronics and other stuff that would be decades or even centuries beyond anything from earth. In his imagination yen signs were floating in the air.
 
He reached out and laid a hand on the metal skin in a sort of caress. Yes, with this he would be able to retire early. They could afford the medical costs for he and Nodoka to have at least one or more children of their own even with all of the medical stuff that would be needed. He could have his son, and Nodoka could have the daughter she wanted.
 
The balding man's fantasies were interrupted by a hiss like the sound of escaping air around the door of the ship. Genma jumped back in alarm. Apparently the ship wasn't so damaged as he originally thought. The door began to swing open. Whatever hinge there was must have been on the bottom of the ship.
 
The door stopped moving when it touched the ground. A light came on inside the craft. The inside of the door had all manner of high tech equipment mounted on it. Genma couldn't understand what any of it was for. However inside of the craft he could see something that had an obvious function. There was a seat designed for a human or at least a human like being. There was only one such seat, so apparently the ship was intended only for a single occupant.
 
Resting on the seat there was some kind of machine the purpose of which he couldn't guess. It had two capsules, one on each end. There were cables that snaked from the device to plug into sockets in the machinery on the inside of the hull of the ship.
 
At that moment a light began to blink on the open door and shortly a beam of light shined up from a piece of the apparatus on the inside of the door. From that beam of light there formed an image of a man. He was a tall, black haired man with heavy muscles. His bearing was aristocratic and arrogant. There was also a coldness that was almost frightening. The only thing that kept Genma from leaving right then was the fact that the image was slightly transparent because of the bright sunlight. A slightly jarring note was the brown furred tail that moved about behind the man.
 
The image seemed to look right at Genma. After a moment the man in the image spoke. “I give you greetings. I am Kaldar, a saiyan elite warrior. I am not really here. What you are looking at now is a computer generated hologram or image of me that has been given limited interactivity. I am more than a mere recording but am limited in the responses I can give.”
 
“The spherical device is a spaceship. This one was an experimental model that was designed to draw power from the stars that it traveled between. Because of this it was not dependant on a supply of fuel that could be used up. This ship could fly for centuries or even millennia.”
 
The man sat down on something that was not visible in the image. “As I said before, I am a Saiyan. That is the name of our race. For a very long time we were a proud warrior people. With the accuracy of hindsight I can now state that we may have too proud for our own good.”
 
“We believed ourselves the strongest, most powerful beings in the universe. You might probably guess that we discovered that we were wrong in that belief. Not long ago I became aware of a saying that goes, `No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better.' We learned the truth of that saying.”
 
“It seems that the strength and fighting skills of our people came to attention of a being named Freeza. This one being was more powerful than any our people, stronger than dozens of us and possibly stronger even than all of us together. He attacked our world defeated our king and took his son as a hostage. We were forced to submit to this tyrant.”
 
“We became Freeza's army. Freeza was engaged in a business enterprise. Wealthy races would pay him for planets if he would first clear those worlds of their original native inhabitants. It was the job of the Saiyan troops to go to those worlds where the natives had some skills and weapons to fight with.”
 
“Such work was not battle, nor was it honorable combat, it was slaughter. It was not fit work for an honorable warrior. A warrior is meant to test his skills and strength against strong foes.”
 
“For worlds that had no weapons or none strong enough to require the attention of Saiyan warriors Freeza had a different strategy. Our people have the ability to transform from what you see in this image to this.” The image of Kaldar was replaced by an ape with a long tail. From the creature's mouth a beam of energy speared out.
 
The narration resumed when Kaldar's image reappeared. “That creature is called Oozaru. A Saiyan who looks like me would transform into that beast when looking upon a full moon. Experienced warriors are able to retain their intelligence and to work with strategy.”
 
“Freeza's strategy for weaker worlds is to send a Saiyan infant to a planet deemed too weak to need Saiyan warriors. When the child would see the full moon he or she would transform into Oozaru. There is no immature form of Oozaru. You may not be able to tell from the image I showed you but the Oozaru is forty times my size. When the Saiyan who transforms is an infant the Oozaru is an uncontrollable beast. It will destroy every other living thing on whatever planet it is on.”
 
“My mate and I did not want to see our son used in this fashion. Nor did my friend Hontrazar or his mate wish to see their daughter so used. To avoid that we have stolen this space pod and the stasis unit that resides on the seat. This ship carries precious cargo, two infant Saiyan children.”
 
“To place these children beyond the reach of Freeza and his race, this ship was programmed to fly to another galaxy. Considering the time it would take for such a journey, it is highly likely that our people will be dead. It is my hope that Freeza's race will be gone as well.”
 
“As a member of an elite I am not accustomed to asking favors of strangers, but I must ask one of you who are the first to touch the skin of the ship. I ask that you take the children from their stasis and find homes for them. If the world on which you live has a moon it would recommend for your safety and all life on your planet that your remove their tails. With those gone they won't transform in Oozaru.”
 
“Beyond simply finding homes for these children I have two requests to make. The first relates to the fact that this boy and this girl were promised to each other to be mates when they were old enough. My request is this: even if they are not raised together I would ask that you or those who do raise them will bring together when they are old enough to be interested in the opposite sex.”
 
“The second request is that the children be trained in the fighting arts. As descendants of a warrior race they will naturally gravitate toward such learning. They should begin their training as soon as they can walk.”
 
The man in the image frowned. “I wish I could reward you for fulfilling those requests, but this whole effort was put together in haste. Besides that we have no way of knowing what things you would find valuable on your world. So I am reduced to begging. Please help our children.”
 
The man in the hologram sat silent for a few moments before speaking again. “To practical considerations. The stasis in the capsules freezes time. Even if the ship traveled for thousands of years, neither of the children will have experienced even a day. For as long as the cables from the stasis device remain plugged into the ship, time will remain frozen for the children. When those cables are unplugged the batteries on the stasis device will keep time frozen for…” There was a pause. “About one local day.”
 
“If you will not take the children yourself, please press the button to the left and just below the window and the door will close. It will open again for the next person to touch the outer skin of the ship. The computer in the pod is programmed to not respond to animals, only sentient beings.”
 
“I will not tell you the names we have given these children. I fully expect that whoever ends up raising these children will give them names that are consistent with your culture. To help these children to blend with others it might be for the best if you do not tell anyone the children are aliens to your world. It would be better if the children also believe they are from this world as well. I only ask that they be informed of their heritage sometime after they have reached adulthood. Preferably when you or whoever is raising them judges them mature enough to handle the news and to keep quiet about it with others.”
 
The image of the man in the hologram was standing again. He now said, “I know nothing of your character so I don't know the kind of appeal that would work best with you. All I can say now is that the lives of two innocent infants are in your hands. What will you do with them?”
 
As Genma watched the hologram flickered and then disappeared. He stood and tried to think. He was not bothered by the momentous idea that he stood in front of proof there was intelligent life in the universe. He was unaware of the whole debate that existed on the subject.
 
The balding martial artist had a much bigger thought on his mind. A man from across the stars was giving him a son, a boy to raise and train in the Art. Genma could give the girl to Tendo Soun to replace the baby girl who died.
 
The Saiyan had given good advice. If it became common knowledge that the children were aliens they would likely be looked on as freaks and curiosities. If he was going to live his dream of raising a son and training him in the Art, he would have to give up on selling the ship for the money it could bring.
 
Genma looked around and decided on a course of action. He began picking up pieces of broken branches and dragging them to the crater where the ship rested. He began piling branches up around the ship to hide it. Some other time he would come back and properly bury it.
 
Eventually he had the ship almost completely covered except for a small corridor to the door. Only then did he step on the door in the places clearly provided for it. He went inside the ship and pulled on the cables. They didn't budge. He frowned and thought for a moment. It wouldn't be a good idea to yank on the cables and possibly damage the machine.
 
Frowning, he grasped the end of one of the cables at the plug and found that he needed to give it a quarter twist before it would disengage from the socket. He did that to all of the plugs. When the stasis unit was unplugged a green light began to blink. Genma hoped that meant that the machine was running off the battery like the man in the hologram had said.
 
In Asgard at a computer console for Ygdrassl the computer used to run reality, a platinum haired goddess looked over her monitor. Urd grinned. She commented, “The ship went a lot farther than to another galaxy. It went to a whole different timeline. In the timeline where they are now, those two babies are the only Saiyans in the whole universe. Be at peace Kaldar, your son is safe from Freeza and so is your friend's daughter.”
 
Having disconnected the stasis unit, Genma picked it up, using handles that were thoughtfully mounted on the sides. It was heavy, but not too much for a martial artist of Genma's training. As he hoisted the device to his shoulder he thought that it would be conspicuous when he got back into town. He began looking for houses. If he could steal a sheet or blanket from a clothesline, he could hide the stasis device.
 
Before long he found a house that had laundry on the line. Checking carefully he approached in a manner that the hanging laundry hid him from being seen from the house. He found a dark colored sheet and removed it from the line and snuck out of the yard silently. The lessons learned under the Master stood him in good stead.
 
When he got farther into town he got on a bus. The other passengers looked at him oddly because of the sheet-wrapped bundle, but they didn't say anything. This was at a time of day when there weren't many other passengers, so there was no real problem.
 
When he finally got home he expected to see Nodoka's sister, Reiko. She was absent and Nodoka was not in the living room or kitchen. Genma guessed that she must be in bed. He placed the stasis device on the dining room table and pulled the sheet off it.
 
He went to the bedroom and found Nodoka lying down. She had not been sleeping, because she sat up immediately when she heard the sound of the bedroom door opening. When she saw her husband she demanded, “Where were you?”
 
The martial artist sighed and said, “I needed to get away for a while and think. I went out to the woods where I didn't think I would be disturbed. Did Reiko go home?”
 
The red haired woman shrugged. “Yes, she left. She does have a family of her own to take care of. I assured her that I'd be alright on my own.”
 
The balding man's manner brightened and he said, “No-Chan come with me. I need to show you something.”
 
She frowned. “This isn't some new technique you've learned from that ancient, perverted gnome of a Master of yours is it?”
 
         &nbs p;      “No, it's not a new technique. I found something in the woods that you need to see. It's in the dining room.”
 
          & nbsp;     Now curious in spite of herself, the redhead followed her husband down the stairs. She had no idea what he could have found in the woods that would have made him act this way.
 
          & nbsp;     Resting on the dining table there was some strange kind of high tech machine. She had no idea what the device was from its appearance.  Pointing her finger she demanded, “What is that thing and why is on my dining room table?”
 
          & nbsp;     Genma couldn't hide his excitement. He said, “If Kaldar told the truth, that device and what it contains is the answer to our prayers.”
 
          & nbsp;     “I pray for a child. How could that machine give me a child? Can it heal my damaged womb?” Nodoka's tone was bitter.
 
          & nbsp;     Taking a deep breath, Genma gathered his thoughts. “I need to tell you what happened when I was in the woods. It will sound unbelievable, so I ask that you hear the whole story before you interrupt or ask questions.”
 
          & nbsp;     The redhead frowned but agreed. There didn't seem to be much harm in simply listening to a story. She would reserve judgment on how believable the story was until after she had heard the whole thing.
 
          & nbsp;     Genma told of the encounter with the spaceship in the woods. He kept it all very factual and didn't embellish anything that he was describing. He figured the truth sounded fantastic enough in this case. When he got to the part about the holographic image spoke about the children in the device, Nodoka began looking back and forth between the device and her husband's face.
 
          & nbsp;     When he had finished she asked, “Do you know how impossible that sounds?”
 
          & nbsp;     Reasonably he pointed to the time stasis device and said, “There is the machine. If you like I can lead you to the ship in the woods. I just covered it with broken branches. I plan to go back later to bury it properly.”
 
          & nbsp;     Nodoka's voice took on a tone of wonder. “Children from another world? I don't know. It seems like a great responsibility to raise such children. “
 
          & nbsp;     Genma's expression became stern. “I'm sure you are equal to the task. But dear, we can't keep both of them.”
 
          & nbsp;     Her expression defiant, Nodoka demanded, “Why not? You always wanted a son to train in the Art and I have always wanted a daughter to teach the womanly arts to. It would be perfect. We'd both get what we want.”
 
          & nbsp;     His tone gentle, Genma asked, “And what of Soun and Kimiko? All we had to face was the news that we couldn't have children. Kimiko's baby died. She needs a girl to replace the one she lost. We can keep the boy.”
 
          & nbsp;     Nodoka opened her mouth to protest, but closed it again. She hated it when her husband was right. Her friend had suffered a far worse trauma than she had. Kimiko was hurting badly. She would have to settle for the boy. Sighing, Nodoka said, “You win. We'll keep the boy and the Tendos can have the girl. At least we know that with Tendo Soun as her father, the girl will get the training that Kaldar requested.”
 
          & nbsp;     Genma nodded. It was one of the reasons why he had suggested it, purely beyond trying to help his friend's emotional suffering.
 
          & nbsp;     Looking slightly apprehensive the red haired woman asked, “Do you know now to turn the machine off?”
 
          & nbsp;     The balding man walked up to the machine and pressed the button that had been described. The machine began to hum and shortly the two stasis capsules on the ends of the device seemed to split down the middle. There must have been some kind of hinge on the back of each capsule. They opened and a light could be seen coming from inside. Only when the capsules were both fully open did the light start to fade.
 
          & nbsp;     Revealed were two infants that looked like they were asleep. Both of the children had black hair and brown furry tails. Nodoka noticed that and said, “Now that I see the tails on the children I suppose I have to believe your story that they are aliens. I suppose we will have to keep that information a secret from everyone including the children themselves.”
 
          & nbsp;      Being practical, the man with the glasses pointed out, “Letting Soun have the girl is a good for another reason. The message from Kaldar said the children are promised to each other. If they were raised as brother and sister, what chance is there that they would ever marry?”
 
          & nbsp;     Nodoka frowned. “What if they don't like each other when they do meet?”
 
          & nbsp;     The balding martial artist shrugged. “Kaldar didn't say to force them to marry. He asked that they be introduced to each other. I suppose he was assuming that `nature would take its course'.”
 
In Asgard, Urd once again sat at her computer. As part of her assignment for Kami-Sama she wasn't going to really alter reality, just tweak it a bit.
 
In the open stasis capsules, the babies stirred a bit. It was reassuring to the Saotomes that they could now see the children were at least still alive.
 
Genma scooped the children up from their capsules and with one in each arm, carried them toward Nodoka. That was when the gods took a hand in the events. An object that neither Genma nor Nodoka had been aware of found its way to the floor in front of Genma's and his feet became entangled, causing him to trip. The martial artist who was normally very sure footed, fell on his face and the babies went flying.
 
The babies didn't go far but both crashed headfirst into the wall, leaving very conspicuous dents. Both children fell to the floor, unconscious.
 
“Genma!” Nodoka screamed. She rushed to where the babies lay on the floor and started to check them over. “Are you trying to kill these children?”
 
In Asgard Urd grinned. “That went just as planned. After all, can't have those children growing up with normal Saiyan attitudes. Now they should be nearly as nice as that Goku guy in their home timeline.”
 
As he was picking himself up off the floor, the martial artist looked to see what had tripped him up. He picked it up and presented the sheathed Saotome Family honor blade to Nodoka. “Wife, what is this doing on the floor? This is what tripped me.”
 
Nodoka's face went pale at that. “It wasn't on the floor… Or I don't remember it being on the floor. Oh, please be alright.” That last was directed at the babies.
 
His expression grim, Genma asked, “How are the children?”
 
Breathing a huge sigh of relief, the red haired woman said, “Coming from a warrior race must make them tough. Each child is developing a bump on their head but both are breathing fine and have a strong pulse. They both appear to just be knocked out.”
 
“That's a relief,” Genma said. They carried the children to the couch. Nodoka smoothed the hair of the baby boy and said, “He looks a little like me.”
 
Genma studied the child's face with a critical eye. “Really, dear? I think he looks more like your father. Of course you take after him more than your mother.”
 
It seemed likely that the boy more strongly resembled his mother than the man in the holographic image. Personally he thought the boy looked more like Nodoka's father. If the boy grew up looking like No-Chan's father he would be having women throwing themselves at him.
 
The redhead studied the boy some more and said, “You may be right.”
 
The martial artist looked at the baby and said, “I will name him Ranma.”
 
Nodoka frowned. “Why `wild horse'?”
Genma shrugged, “I think it suits him. From his real father he inherits the strength and power of a horse. The alien heritage is rather wild.”
 
Nodoka looked at the girl and said, “She looks a bit like Soun's mother.”
 
Genma had never met the woman, but had seen pictures in old family photo albums. “I believe you're right. She should fit right in with the Tendos.”
 
Nodoka frowned worriedly. “If these children are not from this world would they eat the same foods?”
 
The martial artist thought about it. “If I understood what Kaldar said, the ship was searching for a planet where two of their people could live. I don't think the ship would have landed here if the food was poison for them.”
 
The woman stood up abruptly. “We need to prepare! I need to go to the market and get infant formula, and diapers. That's the most immediate concern. Once we have that I'll have to go get baby clothes, a crib and a whole list of other things. I suppose the Tendos already have those things, so they should be fine.”
 
The redhead bustled out the door after grabbing her purse. Genma stood with a bemused expression on his face. He supposed it was a good thing that Nodoka had an idea of how to take care of a baby. It was something that he would probably have to learn as he couldn't dump all of the childcare chores off onto his wife. After all there would be times when she had to go out.
 
At one point while waiting for Nodoka, Genma noticed the children stirred a little and waved their arms around, but seemed to settle back down to sleep. He breathed a sigh of relief.
 
Sometime later Nodoka returned burdened down with several bags. She proclaimed, “I have enough to last for a week with both children. I got both infant formula and the pureed foods in jars. I don't know how old these children are so I don't know if they are on solid foods yet. I suppose we'll have to try them.”
 
She grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and began to scribble furiously. When she was finished she handed the paper to Genma and said, “You need to go out and get these things. The most important is the crib. While you're gone I'm going to call the Tendos and tell them to come over. They need to meet their new daughter.”
 
Genma grumbled as he went out. Being an only child, he never had been exposed to babies when he was growing up. He knew little about them. He supposed that he would have to learn. Nodoka had been the oldest of five children and had spent a good lot of time babysitting her younger siblings. If anyone knew how to take care of a baby it would be her.
 
The balding martial artist got home just as the Tendos were arriving. The tall, slender martial artist looked at his friend and demanded, “What is this about, Saotome? Your wife called us up, acting mysterious and said we had to come here. She said the answer to our problem was here. What was she talking about?”
 
Further conversation was cut off when two infant voices cried out for attention and food. Kimiko looked confused. “That sounds like babies crying. I thought you and Nodoka couldn't have children.”
 
“Come in,” Genma invited. “I have a story to tell you. It will sound fantastic but I swear it is true.”
 
When the visitors got into the house they followed the sound of the babies and found Nodoka giving a bottle to a diapered baby. The boy had quieted down but the girl was still vigorously voicing her dissatisfaction with the world and protesting her empty belly.
 
Kimiko rushed over to help give the second baby a bottle and before long was rewarded by blessed silence as the girl concentrated on the bottle. Then she noticed something and said, “Nodoka, a tail?”
 
“Let Genma tell you his story,” was the reply.
 
Before long the story was told and both children had their fill of the infant formula and let out truly impressive belches. The girl looked up at Kimiko's face and suddenly smiled and started to laugh. The young mother smiled back and said, “I think she likes me.”
 
Nodoka was holding the boy and cooing at him. He seemed to find this behavior extremely funny and was laughing as well. “I'm sure Ranma likes me. Well Kimiko, do you want her?” She was hoping the other woman would be repulsed by the tail or frightened of the whole alien aspect of it and let Nodoka have both babies. She was in for a disappointment.
 
The black haired woman said, “I love her. I suppose it will be a challenge to raise a child from the stars, but I think I'm equal to the challenge. I will name her Akane, after my grandmother.”
 
Genma felt he had to bring up a practical matter. “I know you don't like to think of hurting a baby, but we're going to have to cut their tails off. Not only is there the danger of them turning into one of those Oozaru things if they see a full moon, but there is also the fact that anyone who sees a tail on either of them will call them freaks.”
 
The rest of the adults nodded solemnly. They also understood that to achieve that normality for the childhood of these babies they were making a sacrifice. They could have sold the spaceship and become rich. If they did that there was a chance that their families would be investigated. Such an investigation would surely reveal the alien origin of the babies.
 
An agreement was made. Neither family would speak of the spaceship or where the children came from. Records would be falsified to show they had been adopted from reputable agencies. Their tails would be cut off and they would be raised as humans. The children wouldn't be told of their true parentage until they reached the age of 16.
 
When they reached that age Genma would bring Ranma to visit the Tendo home where he would be introduced to Soun's daughters. It would be presented to him as an arranged marriage where he had to choose one of the girls. It was fully expected that he would want Akane.
 
Genma and Soun would each teach their alien child in the martial arts. Each child would be given every opportunity to become the best martial artist possible.
 
Author's Note: I have a confession to make. I have fallen into a bad habit. I'll start writing a story and when I get to a point where the ideas don't just flow, I'll start thinking about other stories. Then I might abandon the story I was working on to write a new one. This is the most recent new story.
 
This is actually one of two story ideas inspired by the question, "Why is Akane so strong?" Two obvious answers came to me over that. This is the one where Ranma and Akane are both Saiyans. The other story idea involves Ranma being Tenchi's cousin and Akane as another of Washu's creations and Ryoko's sister.
 
It should be obvious to most people that this chapter borrows from the origin story of Superman. If anyone can think of a better way to get two alien babies to earth, then please tell me. Try to think of this chapter as more of an homage than theft. I had originally thought of starting the story with the Ranma's arrival at the Tendos and the events of this chapter as flashbacks, but I think I like this approach better.
 
Since this is an AU, expect OOC. I'm trying to portray Ranma's personality as being somewhere between canon's arrogant jerk and Goku's wide-eyed innocence. In this timeline Akane doesn't just think she's the best martial artist in Nerima, she really is the best. She doesn't hate boys but she's frustrated with the idiots who try to force themselves on her. Nabiki doesn't have the economic pressure to be the information broker of canon but she is a snoop and a gossip. She still sticks her nose into other peoples business because she likes doing it.