Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma and Akane - A Saiyan Story ❯ Amazon Troubles ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ranma and Akane - A Saiyan Story
A Ranma/DBZ Crossover Fan Fiction
By Michael Ivins
 
I don't own Ranma or DBZ. I wish I did. Neither do I own AMG.
 
This takes place before the start of either anime or manga for Ranma and DBZ before the destruction of planet Vegeta. To be truthful you won't see any of the DBZ cast, I just want to make Ranma and Akane both Saiyans. The characters will speak of the DBZ anime and Manga.
 
 
Chapter 4
Amazon Troubles
 
Having been delayed by the search for Ryoga, it was midmorning when they started to leave the valley. They didn't get far before they found their way blocked. They were facing a group of women at the exit to the valley. There were five young women with odd hair colors and what at first looked like a female troll bouncing along on top of a stick. The younger women bore an odd assortment of weapons.
 
After learning to project their thoughts for control of their G-bracers Ranma and Ukyo found they could project thoughts into each other's heads. It was a crude sort of telepathy, but it worked. Now Ranma projected to Ukyo, “The old lady is crazy strong. Play dumb and suppress your power level. I'm going to try and bluff our way out of this.”
 
The party of visitors walked toward the Japanese trio. The guide was conspicuous by his absence. It seemed these women were people he didn't want to deal with.
 
When the women were close enough for conversation, Ranma cast significant looks at the weapons they were carrying and said in Mandarin, “Hello.”
 
The shriveled up old woman who was bouncing on the cane replied in Japanese, “I can see that you are from Japan. I can speak in your language. I am Kho Lon, matriarch and elder of the Joketsuzoku Amazon tribe.”
Still eying the weapons of the warriors with a wary expression, both girls bowed. Ranma greeting, “It is good to meet you honored Elder. I am Saotome Ranma of the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts and this is my sister, Ukyo. The panda is our father. He is under a curse.”
 
The Elder glanced at the panda and could recognize the magic signature. She nodded and said, “That would be Shonmaoniichuan.” She looked at the girls again and asked, “Did you fall in spring?”
 
Being careful to stick to the truth but only part of the truth, Ranma said, “Yes, I fell into what I'm told was the Spring of Drowned Young Girl. I guess I must have been under the water for a while because big sister got worried and dived in to pull me out.”
 
The Elder glanced back and forth between the girls and said, “'Big' sister?”
 
The redhead chuckled and responded, “I know it's not obvious to look at us. The reason for that is that we're both adopted. I don't really know when my birthday is so we just sort of picked a date. By that estimate Ukyo is three months older than I am.”
 
The elder was trying to appraise the girls who stood before her. Both were tall and well muscled without being bulky. Both moved like trained warriors. The one who had been doing all of the talking had hair of a shade of red that she could easily have been a member of Kho Lon's own tribe.
 
She tried to look deeper but the magic of the valley interfered with getting a good reading on them. To her estimation either of the girls was likely to be a match for one of her warriors. Still, they were not here to recruit warriors for the village, however pleasant that was to contemplate. She was unable to tell if the redhead was a man who turned into a woman or if she was a woman to begin with.
 
The redhead seemed to have an unusual trick. She was broadcasting an aura of femininity, strength and friendliness. Something like that seemed unlikely to be found on someone who was originally male. The broadcast aura was likely intended to prevent her from getting into situations where she might otherwise receive a hostile reception. The basic effect of the projected aura was that anyone meeting her would find the girl immensely likeable. Why a girl of such stunning beauty needed such a trick she didn't bother trying to figure out.
 
What the old woman was not aware of and Ranma herself didn't know was that the broadcast aura was something that Urd had taught her. When in male form the aura sent out the vibrations of strength, friendliness and masculinity. While in female form the masculinity was replaced by femininity even if Ranma wasn't particularly feminine at the time. This was one of many techniques that Ranma had been taught for which there was no apparent immediate use but had been told it would "come in handy later." It was this broadcast aura that convinced the Amazon elder that Ranma must have originally been a girl and thus not affected by her fall in the spring.
 
Shaking herself out of introspection the old woman asked, “Did either of you girls notice anything unusual happening here yesterday afternoon.”
 
It didn't require any acting for both girls to stare at the old woman with an “Are you kidding?” expression. They turned to each other and shared an “Is she for real?” look.
 
Ranma made a visible effort to control herself. “Honored Elder, I'm guessing that living close to this place has given you a different standard of `unusual' that I am familiar with. After witnessing my father change into a panda this place has gone from unusual to totally freakin' weird. Please forgive me if I ask that you be a little more specific than just saying `unusual.'”
 
The warriors bristled at the question, but quickly relaxed. They decided they couldn't really take offense. After all, the girl did have a point.
 
The elder actually chuckled. “Child, forgive me. I do tend to forget that people from other parts of the world are not accustomed to the type of magic that operates in this valley.”
 
The old woman thought about it for a while. “I am trained to sense ki from a long way off. Yesterday afternoon I sensed a enormous power manifest itself in this valley. Normally it would take a level of ki approaching that of a god to be detectable over the curse magic on the valley. Did you witness anyone who might have been a mage or warrior manifesting powerful ki? This person might have been showing a glowing aura, throwing energy blasts or even flying.”
 
Ranma shook her head. “No I didn't witness anyone doing anything like that.” Technically it was true, since she hadn't been watching herself.
 
The old woman's eyes narrowed. “It should have been hard to miss.”
 
The red haired girl suggested, “Maybe this powerful person you sensed left before we got here. When we arrived the only other person here was the guide. There was a boy who arrived after we did, but he wasn't doing anything like you describe. He did act a little odd, I guess.”
 
“Odd in what way?” The Elder was curious.
 
Ukyo couldn't help smirking. “I think he fell in love with my sister. He was acting sort of dazed but with this dreamy look on his face and saying things `pretty girl,' `marriage' and `kids.'”
 
The old woman and all of the warriors got a good laugh from that. “It sounds as if he was quite smitten with you. Is he still with you?”
 
Somewhat primly, Ranma said, “Whatever he says, he's not my type. As to where he is, we don't know. He wandered off and we weren't able to find him when we searched for him this morning. If we hadn't had to spend the time looking for his sorry butt, we'd already be on our way to Japan by now.”
 
The elder nodded. “You know this boy?”
“We went to school together,” Ranma explained. “I look different from what I did then. I guess he wasn't expecting the change in me.”
 
Ranma gave a description and the Amazon Elder promised that she and her people would keep an eye out for the boy.
 
Kho Lon looked the redhead over and said, “You girls both move and carry yourself like warriors. Would you like to spar with one our warriors?”
Alarm bells started going off in Ranma's head. She rather diplomatically said, “We were hoping to get going. If we delay here, we won't make anywhere near as much distance as we want to before nightfall. It is our hope to get back to Japan as quickly as possible.”
 
The elder had an unreadable expression. Ranma was wondering if the old woman had seen through her deception about the ki user. The old woman said, “I'd really like to see how skilled you are.”
 
Well, Ranma knew how to go into a fight and hold back. She frowned and said, “If I agree I would have to insist that it be nothing more than sparring. There must be no punishment if I win or even if I lose. I got in a fight one time where the warrior I fought wanted to kill me for beating her.”
 
Ukyo mentioned, “I got in a fight once where I beat a boy who was supposed to be the village champion. They told me I had to marry him and live in the village forever.”
 
Ranma nodded vigorously. “We managed to get those straightened out, but we tend to be cautious about getting into fights in out-of-the-way places.”
 
The Elder nodded. “Given your experiences, I can understand your caution. While such a sparring match would be designated as just that, that doesn't mean that a defeated warrior might not get angry and give the Kiss of Death. She would be punished later, but it might not stop her.”
 
Frowning, Ranma asked, “What happens to the person who receives this Kiss of Death?”
 
Looking slightly embarrassed, the Elder said, “When a Joketsuzoku Amazon warrior kisses a female fighter on the cheek it is a promise to track her to the ends of the earth and kill her.”
 
The Saotome sisters shared a glance. When Ranma turned back to the Elder she said, “I'm sorry, but I'd prefer to pass on that if I could.”
 
The elder offered, “I could spar with you. I can promise that I won't give you a Kiss of Death. I've got more nearly three centuries of experience as a fighter, so you are unlikely to win.”
 
The redhead looked at Ukyo. In her mind she heard, “She's determined to test you. Just mess around for a few minutes and yield.”
 
Getting into a stance Ranma watched at the old woman dropped from her staff and now held it like a weapon. The girl frowned and said, “It's not really fair for you to use a weapon with me bare handed.”
 
When Ranma produced a bo staff the warriors all dropped into defensive stances and brought their own weapons to ready positions. The elder raised an eyebrow and commented, “You know the Hidden Weapons technique. I was under the impression our tribe was the only place that was practiced.”
 
Ranma shook her head. “It's much too useful a technique to be taught in only one place like that. I was in Japan when I learned it.” Again, that was true but it didn't mention that it was a goddess that taught it to her.
 
“Growf,” the panda said. He sounded angry.
 
Ukyo poked the panda and said, “Now, Pop, you know we can't understand you when you're a panda.”
 
“What's his problem?” The Amazon elder was curious.
 
Glancing over at the panda, Ranma answered, “My father is something of a hand-to-hand purist. He doesn't approve of me using weapons.”
 
The old woman shrugged and asked, “Are you ready?”
 
When Ranma nodded the tiny woman flashed forward with what was supposed to be blinding speed. With the work Ranma and Ukyo had done at high gravity, both could have gone faster when they were twelve years old.
 
The redhead barely blocked the blow and parried with one of her own. It was nowhere near the speed she was capable of. As expected, the old woman easily dodged the strike.
 
Kho Lon was sufficiently battle savvy that she could tell the girl was holding back. She was consistently meeting the Elder's attacks with what appeared to be the minimum force needed to counter them. A less experienced fighter might have been fooled, but the Amazon could tell that the girl was much better than she appeared to be.
 
When the old woman began to increase the intensity of her attacks the girl leapt back, holding her hands out. “I yield! You're too good for me.”
 
The old woman looked at Ranma for a while then said, “No girl, I don't think so. You don't get off that easy. I don't like people trying to deceive me. I know you've been holding back. I have to see how good you are. Defend yourself, girl!”
 
Oh crap! The old lady figured it out.” The increased intensity of the old woman's attacks were still nothing difficult to deal with, but it was forcing her to reveal more of her strength and skill than she had wanted to.
 
This time there was no hiding her strength. Each time Ranma matched the intensity of the attacks the old woman increased their ferocity.
 
The red haired girl was losing her patience. It looked like her secret was at least partly blown. The act of just being good enough to defend was not valid. Alright, if the old woman wanted a real fight, she'd get one.
 
Ranma's bo staff made a slightly whistling sound as it cut the air. At that point Kho Lon was starting to question the wisdom of seriously testing the girl's limits. Apparently the girl had finally decided to take the match seriously and she was matching everything Kho Lon could throw at her and landing blows of her own.
 
Very well! The elder increased to Amaguriken speed and threw 100 punches in a little over three seconds. Every one of her blows was either blocked or dodged. The red haired girl grinned and said, “You're pretty good, old lady. Try this on for size.”
 
Kho Lon had thought the Amaguriken was fast, but she now learned that it was not the ultimate in speed she had believed. There was a roar as Ranma's fists repeatedly broke the sound barrier. The sonic booms were so close together they blended into a roar.
 
The old woman valiantly tried to block but only was able to stop about a tenth of the blows. The Elder's staff was smashed to bits and the woman herself was sent flying. Even in defeat the Elder could tell that the girl hadn't struck with her full force. She was certain that the Redhead could have crushed her ribcage and shattered her skull if she had gone all-out.
 
“GREAT GRANDMOTHER!” The purple haired warrior rushed forward, trying to strike Ranma with her brightly colored maces. The girl was ready. She knocked the weapons out of her attacker's hands then stepped forward to strike the warrior with a flat open palm to the abdomen. The force of the blow was continued to send her flying.
 
Ranma called out, “Ucchan, cover me while I power up.”
 
Pulling her Battle Spat from stuff space, the brunette called out, “You got it, Ranchan.”
 
The redhead set herself in a wide stance with arms in front her. Her fists were clenched and all muscles were tensed. She began a long, wordless shout as the air around her was whipped to fury and rocks seemed to levitate from the ground from the force of her aura.
 
The remaining four of the Amazon warriors tried to get to Ranma to stop whatever it was she was doing, but Ukyo stood in their way. The Saotome sibling wasn't as strong as Ranma, but years of hard training had made her a warrior equal to any three of the Amazons. At least that had been true before. With the transformation wrought by the magic spring she didn't know how strong she was anymore.
 
Once again the transformation took place. Red hair changed to blonde then it stood up in spikes. Blue eyes became green and a golden aura surrounded the girl, audibly pulsating.
 
Ranma walked up to the Amazon Elder and told her, “You wanted to find the person with the big ki signature? Well now you see her. You said the power might have: A) a glowing aura, B) Ki Blasts or C) flying. You forgot to include D) all of the above.”
 
The glowing martial artist shook her head. “I just wanted to leave quietly. I was no threat to you or your people. I hope you're happy with your new knowledge. We're leaving now.”
 
The redhead turned but before she could go far the old woman said, “Wait! Please, you must join our tribe. We are in need of your strength.”
 
The Super Saiyan looked over her shoulder and said, “I have obligations and commitments elsewhere. I can't stay in the mountains of China. Don't try to follow us.”
 
Ranma picked up Genma and slung him over her shoulder and snagged her back pack with her other hand. Ukyo was already wearing her own pack and holding Ganma's. The Saotome sisters took to the air.
 
Frowning at the receding forms, the old woman said, “I suppose I could have handled that better.”
 
Shan Pu walked up to her great Grandmother and said, “I will follow her and I will kill her.”
 
The Elder pulled a spare staff out of stuff space and jumped on top of it. She looked at her descendant and said, “You didn't even give her the Kiss of Death. To pursue her and kill now would be in violation of our laws.”
 
Looking angry, the girl said, “I'll give her the Kiss later. She must die for what she did to me and to you.”
 
With a stern expression the elder reminded the warrior, “By law the Kiss must be given no less than a week after the defeat. The only exception to that rule is if the defeated warrior was beaten so badly that she was unconscious and needed to heal up before she was fit enough to take up the pursuit. You are neither unconscious nor incapacitated.”
 
The purple haired girl looked determined. “I will find her and give her the Kiss. Then I will kill her.”
 
The elder sighed. Her descendant was taking on a task that was too big for her. The girls who had just flown off had been a match for the Elder herself. True Kho Lon could probably beat the red haired girl but she would have resort to tricks. In a straight on fight of strength and speed vs. strength and speed, the elder was honest enough with herself to see she was outclassed.
 
She amended that thought to tell herself that she was outclassed against the girl's normal form. As far as how she would fare against the `powered up' version was another question. The girl might still be vulnerable to some tricks in that form, but the old woman worried that such tactics could just make the girl angry. She didn't think she'd want to face an angry Saotome Ranma in powered up form.
 
As the group began to head back to the village, Shan Pu started making plans. Even if the redhead and her sister could fly it had been obvious that the panda could not. Carrying the heavy panda would likely slow them down. It was even more likely they would fly just far enough to put them what they would think was a safe distance away and land.
 
Because of the rainy season the cursed man would be in panda form most of the time and that would mean that he would slow down the travelers. Likely the two teenage girls would have been able to make much better time alone. That meant that if Shan Pu went in the direction they had flown off in, she had a good chance of catching up with them.
 
It would require a stealthy approach to plant a Kiss of Death on the red haired girl. If she was spotted, there was little likelihood Shan Pu could get close enough. Once the Kiss was delivered it would likely be best to use a different strategy. If the girl could fire ki blasts as she claimed, then the warrior would have to take extreme care. It would probably best to use ranged weapons like arrows or possibly poison darts.
 
In the forest about a day's foot travel from the valley of Jusenkyo the three travelers landed. Genma wasn't too happy at being handled like baggage but it was probably better than fighting those warrior women.
 
Ukyo was bursting with curiosity. She demanded, “How did you do that? I thought you had to be totally pissed off to go blonde like that. You were completely in control all through that fight.”
 
Ranma explained, “Yesterday was the second time I did that. The first time was during the Neko-ken training.” She directed a glare at Genma. The panda started going an act that would become familiar. He rolled on his back and started trying to act like a cute panda.
 
Frowning, Ranma explained, “After doing it twice, I was able to figure out how to get in that state without the rage. Pretty cool don't you think?”
 
The brunette shrugged and said, “Personally I think it was a bit of overkill. After you finally started taking the fight seriously, you totally dominated that old ghoul.”
 
Ranma frowned at her sister. “That `old ghoul' was really good. I bet she could give you a good fight. I'm sure she's better than any of the girls who were with her. I'm guessing the only reason she had them with her was she wasn't sure what she'd face if she found the person with the big ki she sensed.”
 
With a thoughtful expression, Ukyo said, “Well, the old lady did say she had `centuries' of experience. I thought that was an exaggeration, but maybe she knows some kind of ki technique to stay alive and strong for hundreds of years.”
 
With a sigh the redhead said, “I just hope she takes the hint and doesn't bother following us like I told her.”
 
Ranma got a distracted expression on her face for a moment then snapped her fingers. She asked, “Do you remember that sign writing technique we learned?”
 
Nodding the brunette replied, “I always wondered what use that would be.” She suddenly looked at the panda. “I'll bet Genma could learn to use that technique. It would be a way he could communicate when he's in panda form.”
 
“We can teach him when we camp for the night,” Ranma said. “In the mean time we'd better get moving. We need to put some more distance between us and those women. I'd keep flying but I don't want to have to carry Pop's furry panda butt. I can handle the weight but in that form he's an awkward bundle. I was worried he'd squirm too much and I'd drop him.”
 
They got going and went at the best speed Genma panda could go. By the time the sun was touching the horizon they made camp. Ranma and Genma were transformed back to their birth forms. After dinner Genma retired to his tent and could be heard snoring.
 
Ranma glanced at his sleeping father then pulled a manga from stuff space. It was getting too dark to read, so he just looked at the cover in the light of the campfire. Ukyo noticed and walked over to sit next to her brother.
 
The brunette put her hand on her brother's shoulder and said, “You know, before today I thought you were crazy for saying you thought you were a Saiyan like Goku in those manga. Seeing you turn into a Super Saiyan was sort of convincing. I guess that spring must have made me into one too, since I have a tail now.”
 
He nodded. “Yeah, it seems likely. This should mean that you can train harder and maybe turn up the G bracers higher.”
 
Her expression was thoughtful. “If I'm a Saiyan now, does that mean I could go Super?”
 
Frowning, Ranma said, “In theory, but keep in mind that until Goku did it, it was supposed to be a legend of something that none of the Saiyans had done in hundreds, maybe thousands of years. If it was easy, that wouldn't have been true.”
 
Ukyo thought about it some more. “There has to be more to it than just anger or even rage.”
 
“I think you're right,” Ranma agreed. “When I was in the pit I was angry about the cats attacking me. What really put me into a rage was having to kill them to keep from getting hurt myself. That and the sense that the cats were starving because Pop had put them in there without any food.”
 
After a pause to consider he said, “Goku transformed when Kurillin was killed. Later he got Gohan to transform by telling him to imagine one of his loved ones being killed. I think after we get somewhere where we can set up the XD training room you should try as a sort of mental exercise to imagine Mom getting killed by a stronger version of that demon we fought outside of Sapporo.”
 
“Mom! I don't want to think about her getting killed,” the girl protested.
 
Ranma patted her shoulder and said, “I know what you mean. But consider it this way. Could you get really angry if you were trying to imagine me or Pop fighting that kind of monster?”
 
“Oh, good question.” She had to think about that. “I don't think I could imagine any monster, demon, Oni or whatever being able to kill you. You always seem so strong and indestructible. If I imagined you fighting that kind of demon, I'd also imagine you winning I don't like Genma enough to get mad enough to transform. I'll have to think about it.”
 
He nodded. "I think that before you try that you should wait until you have trained more. I know the first time I transformed was sort of a fluke. It's like I was putting out more energy than my body could keep up with. It was bad enough that I passed out right after throwing one little energy blast. Now that I'm bigger and have had years of training with the G-bracers, I can get into the super state and stay that way."
 
Two nights later a stealthy figure sneaked into the Saotome camp. Shan Pu had caught up to the travelers and now she had a simple mission. She had to get in close enough to give the red haired girl the Kiss of Death.
 
When she finally got up to the tents, the Amazon warrior wondered why they didn't leave one of their number to stand watch. Such a move should be standard for any party traveling in potentially hostile territory. With three people to share the duty it should have been easy. Oh well, it wasn't her fault if they were stupid.
 
A light rain was falling at the time. It was enough to cover even the small sounds that the warrior had made as she crept into the camp. She was sure to take her time so that she wouldn't betray herself to the sleepers.
 
The tent from which the loudest snoring came from would be the one with the panda. She crept up to the middle tent. The red haired girl was slightly taller than the brunette. She was pretty sure that this tent was the one she wanted.
 
Suddenly a contralto voice spoke, “Have you come to kill us in our sleep? The guide told us that the Nuchizu were a proud warrior people who fought with honor. I guess he was mistaken about that.”
 
Answering in Mandarin, Shan Pu replied, “The guide spoke the truth. I am not here to kill you this time.”
 
“Oh?” Curious, Ranma asked, “Do you plan to kill me later?”
 
The warrior saw no point in lying. She said, “Later, yes. I came tonight to try and give you the Kiss of Death. By tradition, after the Kiss you would have a minimum of at least one day to get a head start before I would follow and try to kill you. Tradition also demands that you must see the face of your killer. That means I may not slit your throat as you sleep, poison your water or use other such attacks.”
 
Frowning, Ranma asked, “Why the urgency to give me the Kiss?”
 
The purple haired girl explained the rules regarding the time limit for giving the Kiss of Death. Ranma absorbed that and then asked, “If you gave me the Kiss would your efforts focus solely on me?”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
Now it was Ranma's turn to explain. “If you felt you couldn't get me, might you kidnap my sister and threaten to kill her if I didn't surrender myself to you?”
 
The warrior vigorously shook her head. “Such an action would be dishonorable. However, there is a saying in my village - `obstacles are for killing.' If your father or sister tried to prevent me from killing you, our laws would justify my killing them to remove the obstacle.”
 
“Hmm.” In a thoughtful tone the redhead said, “If I understand right you are saying that it would be strictly between you and me. If nobody else got in the way then they would be safe from you.
 
“Yes. This is just between you and me.”
 
The red haired girl seemed to think for a while. Finally she turned her head to present her cheek to the warrior. “Ok, Miss Lavender, lay one on me.”
 
“What did you call me?” The warrior demanded.
 
Ranma rolled her eyes and said, “It's because of the color of your hair. Now get on with it. You want to give me the Kiss of Death, so do it.”
 
As the Amazon warrior approached closer she asked, “Is this a trick?”
 
“No trick,” promised Ranma. “You have no chance of killing me, but by agreeing to this Kiss, I'm giving you permission to try. Just remember what you said. This is just between you and me. You don't touch anyone else. Second is that at some point you have to acknowledge that you are out of your league and quit.”
 
“I won't quit!”
 
In stern tones the Saiyan girl said, “If you don't agree, then you don't get the Kiss. A half of a week is gone since I beat you. If you don't put that kiss on me in four more days, your own laws require you to give up. You told me this yourself. What I propose is a sort of bet.”
 
Frowning, the lavender haired girl demanded, “What kind of bet?”
 
“Just this,” began Ranma. “I can sense that you have a lot of weapons in your hidden weapons space. For every attempt to kill me that fails, I will destroy the weapon you use and hit you with a low-power ki blast to punish you. The blast will be just enough to hurt, not kill. The bet is that you will limit yourself to the weapons you have with you now. If you run out of weapons before I'm dead, you quit and go home. At that point you finally give up on me and go do something else with your life.”
 
“I agree to your stupid bet,” the warrior said. “You will die.” She stepped forward and kissed the redhead on the cheek. She then left to give the one day head start required by law.
 
From her tent Ukyo asked, “Was it really a good idea to let her give you the Kiss of Death. I know you're confident in your abilities and all, but she really wants to kill you.”
 
“We'll see, won't we.”
 
The next night when the Saotomes were camped and eating, Ranma's hand flashed up and caught an arrow. She held up her index finger and formed a ball of energy then launched it. A moment later there was an audible `snap.' Next the redhead formed a larger ball of energy in her palm then launched. From a bush a feminine voice could be heard to say, “Ow!”
 
Ranma explained, “The first blast was to destroy her bow. The second was the punishment. As promised, it was enough to hurt, but not to kill. While I personally hope she'll realize she hasn't got a chance and give up, I doubt she will. I got the impression that she's really stubborn. Still, she agreed to the bet so if she runs out of weapons, she has to quit at that point.”
 
And so it went. Almost every day there was an attack when they stopped for the day. And every day the attack failed. Ranma destroyed the weapon used and struck Shan Pu with an energy blast in an effort to discourage her. One had to admire her tenacity if not her wisdom.
 
When the family finally arrived at a major city they got a room and waited for a break in the weather. When it came Ranma transformed to male and Genma transformed to human. They then flew to Japan with Ranma carrying Genma
 
 
Author's Note: In this AU there is no tournament and no mistakenly eating of the prize. Shampoo still wants to kill Ranma but she has no real chance at success. Next up the Saotomes arrive at the Tendos and Ranma meets the girl he was promised to by his Saiyan parents