Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma and Akane - A Saiyan Story ❯ Experimentation ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ranma and Akane - A Saiyan Story
A Ranma/DBZ/AMG Crossover Fan Fiction
By Michael Ivins
 
I don't own Ranma, DBZ or AMG. I wish I did.
 
This takes place before the start of either anime or manga for Ranma and DBZ before the destruction of planet Vegeta. To be truthful you won't see any of the DBZ cast, I just want to make Ranma and Akane both Saiyans. The characters will speak of the DBZ anime and Manga. As to where this falls in the timeline of AMG, you can pick your own time.
 
Chapter 8
Experimentation
 
After dinner Ranma, Akane and Ukyo gathered in Ranma's room to do homework. Ranma had changed to female form before they started. Ukyo noticed that Akane seemed quite distracted. In fact she seemed to be almost drooling when she looked at Ranma's female form. Ukyo had tried girl on girl action in a few dreamscape fantasies. It was nice, but it wasn't her favorite. Of course it could be that she just hadn't found the right girl to do it with. Oh, well, if that's what Ranma wanted she wouldn't say anything against it.
 
After they finished with their homework they all chatted for a while before Ukyo excused herself at went to Akane's room. She changed into her sleep clothes but didn't lie down on the futon. She spent a little time just sitting and doing a light meditation exercise. Then she got up and snuck back to Ranma's room. She opened the door just a crack and looked in. She saw what she expected to see. The two people in the room were both nude with Ranma on her back and her legs spread wide and Akane was between them, her face buried there.
 
Ukyo quietly shut the door again and went back to Akane's room. She was a little surprised. After growing up as a boy, she hadn't thought Ranma would take so well to sex as a girl. From the way her … was that sister right now? … had her head thrown back with an expression of total delight on her face, it was obvious she was enjoying herself.
 
Well, it appeared that Ranma had found someone who could appreciate both of her forms. She wasn't sure about that Fated Mate business, but at least they seemed compatible. Ranma just seemed to attract admirers and seemed mostly unaware he was doing it.
 
Knowing Saiyan stamina, it was likely that the “girls” would be at it most of the night. She sighed and rolled on her side. She just hoped they would be considerate of other people trying to sleep. That turned out to be a vain hope. It seemed that Ranma was quite vocal in expressing her passions.
 
The next morning Ranma and Akane sparred as soon as they got up. Anyone watching would have said they were pursuing their Art just as seriously as ever. Someone who knew Ranma would know different. A couple of times the couple would stop in the mock battle to give the other a kiss.
 
Ukyo thought the two of them were really cute together.
 
On the way to school that morning Ranma and Akane walked very close to each other and would often pause to kiss. While Ukyo thought it was cute, it was slowing them down. She'd tell them to “get a room” but then who knew when they would get done.
 
The morning confrontation with the Horde o' Hentai ended up with a bunch of boys unconscious and Kuno likewise out of it. Ranma was a responsible type of person, but this many boys were too many for him to carry all of them to the nurse. As it was, the distractions on the way to school made them late and they had to stand in the hall, holding buckets. Ranma considered the fact that the previous day's demonstration didn't seem enough. He resolved that if they tried the same crap again tomorrow, he would do a bit more damage.
 
  In this timeline Nabiki wasn't the information broker that she was in some other versions of the Ranmaverse. However, one thing is a constant in all timelines. Nabiki is a nosey person who likes to know what is going on around her all of the time. Since she didn't need to sell the information to get money, in this timeline she is a gossip.
 
Thus it was that the scene played out in Nabiki's class. “FIANCE!" Kuno shouted. "He's her fiancé?”
 
  “Uh huh. I understand it was an arranged marriage from when they were just babies,” Nabiki explained. “They look like they're pretty close already.” Very close indeed from the sounds she had heard last night.
 
  “No! I cannot allow it!” Kuno shouted. “I cannot allow that foul sorcerer to cast his vile enchantments on the fair Akane. I will not permit him to have his way with her.”
 
  Nabiki hid a snicker. From the sounds she heard coming from Ranma's room the previous night it was certainly much too late to prevent something like that. Or was it Akane who had her way with Ranma? Oh well, Kuno did tend to live in his own little world that was oddly disconnected from reality. Even if the delusional kendoist could be convinced that Akane's “virtue” had already been compromised, he would likely want to “avenge” her, when the girl clearly didn't want or need it.
 
  A chalkboard eraser bounced off Kuno's head and the teacher ordered him to go stand in the hall for disrupting the class. It was unfortunate that this was about the limit of the level of discipline that the teachers were allowed to inflict on the young man. Maybe if they were allowed to crack down on him more he might not be such a jerk.
 
            ;     In the hall outside their classroom Ranma and Akane stood, holding their buckets. For two young people of the strength of those two it was not really any kind of inconvenience for either of them. In fact they were rather enjoying the little break from class. At odd moments one or the other of them would take a look around then they would lean into each other for a kiss. Even though they did look around, they really didn't much care if anyone saw them.
 
            ;     Kuno was again in his kendo uniform as he went charging down the hall carrying the bucket of water that was supposed to be part of his punishment. As he neared the section of hallway where Ranma and Akane's class was he lifted the bucket and placed his hand underneath it, getting it in position to throw the contents.
 
  When he spied the boy that was the target of his ire, Kuno shouted, “Never will I allow this engagement to stand! I will stop you from casting your foul enchantments on the fair Akane.”
 
He threw his water and Ranma easily leapt over it. Windows all along the hall opened and heads poked out. Everyone seemed to be talking at once, “Engaged?” “I didn't know Akane even had a boyfriend.” "I thought she was a lesbian." “Oooh, Akane's boyfriend is a hunk.” “Damn! Saotome moves fast.” “Do you think they've done it yet?”
 
Ranma heard the questions from the students looking on but chose not to answer them. To Kuno he said, “The only enchantment is the spell Akane has cast on my heart. I love her and won't allow you to harass her anymore.”
 
The kendo champion wasn't listening very well. “Silence cur! I shall smite thee and you will relinquish any claim on the lovely Akane.”
 
Shaking his head, Ranma fired back, “That's not gonna happen!”
 
Students were ignoring their teachers and walking out into the hall to get a better look at the fight. The pigtailed boy leapt up to avoid getting splashed as Kuno's bokken sliced through one of the buckets he was holding.
 
This had the potential to get dangerous for the spectators. Ranma set down his other bucket and said, “This is no place for a fight. People could get hurt. Follow me.”
 
            ;     With that Ranma ran down the hallway. The kendo champion answered, “That I shall,” and ran after. The students had mostly decided that this was the most excitement they were likely to see that day, so they followed as well, with Akane in the lead.
 
            ;     One teacher who was watching this mob of students go past him ordered, “No running in the hall.” Akane replied, “Yes, Sir,” without slackening her speed in the slightest.
 
            ;     Ranma had been heading to the stairs at the end of the hall but spotted an open window. That would make for a perfect shortcut. He jumped to the windowsill and said, “I'll see you on the ground.”
 
            ;     The pigtailed boy jumped out the window and the kendoist followed, saying, “You will not escape me that easily.”
 
            ;     As the students got to the window one boy asked, “Don't they know we're on the third floor?”
 
            ;     Akane knew that such a minor detail wouldn't have bothered Ranma. He did know how to fly after all. According to Ukyo he did sometimes forget that other people couldn't fly as well. When she saw that they had jumped out over the swimming pool she breathed a sigh of relief. Kuno should at least be safe from any fatal injury.
 
            ;     When Ranma noticed he was in fact over the pool he exerted just the smallest fraction of his flight power to alter the trajectory of his fall so he would land on the side of the pool. Kuno screamed and began flailing his arms as if that would have some effect on slowing his fall. Ranma landed softly on the side of the pool while Kuno hit in a classic “belly flop” with a tremendous splash.
 
            ;     Ranma was out of the range of the splash but he looked with concern on the pool. The idiot had hit pretty hard and seemed to just be floating face down in the water. After waiting a few more seconds, Ranma shrugged and said, “Guess everyone's going to find out now.” As he was diving into the water he thought, “Sometimes it sucks being the good guy.”
 
            ;     Moving through the water with hardly any swim stroke or kick Ranma came up under Kuno and grabbed his arms in preparation to tow him to the side of the pool. At that moment the boy seemed to revive and begin thrashing. He said something that was hard to make out in the water but sounded like, “I fight on!”
 
            ;     Ranma was surprised when Kuno's arms came around her body and both hands clamped hard on her breasts. While her breasts were much firmer than those of a normal human, the grip that was exerted on her now was hard enough to be painful. She launched herself out of the water and, using her grip on the boy's arms, slammed him down on the side of the pool. “Jerk!” She shouted out as she bounded away. Hopefully the whole thing would have been too fast for the rest of the student body to see her change.
 
            ;     Kuno was not giving chase, being somewhat bemused as he lay on the side of the pool. “I'm almost certain that was a woman I grabbed.” He sounded quite confused (more so than usual.)
 
            ;     Ranma found herself a spot on a tree branch where she tried to get as much water out of her clothing as she could. She rubbed at one her breasts and grumbled, “He didn't have to squeeze me that hard. She took off her pants, trusting that the long tail on her shirt would be enough to protect her modesty. She became slightly alarmed when she heard someone coming, but alarm turned to relief when she saw that the person approaching was Akane, carrying a kettle.
 
            ;     She called out, “Akane, up here.”
 
            ;     The black haired girl waved and Ranma jumped down to greet her. Just as she was doing that, Kuno came charging out from between a couple of trees and found the two girls. Ranma looked at the kettle in Akane's hand and sighed. The boy probably would have figured out that Ranma could change into a girl, but she still didn't want to change in front of him.
 
            ;     Kuno asked, “Fair Akane, did the foul sorcerer Saotome come through here?”
 
            ;     He didn't wait to hear the answer for that is when he spied the gorgeous wet redhead. He bowed and said, “Hello, beauteous lady. Are you new to this school? I don't believe I've seen you here before.”
 
            ;     Ok, maybe he had hadn't figured it out. If so, it would be better to continue the deception. Ranma said, “Uh, no. I don't go to this school. I'm here… to see my friend Akane. My name is Zoe. Uh… Hero Zoe.”
 
            ;     The kendo championed smiled. “Such an unusual name for one so beautiful. Tell me, fair one, do you participate in martial arts?”
 
            ;     Ranma looked at the man with a raised eyebrow. Was this going where she thought it was going? She said, “Yes, I know martial arts.”
 
            ;     The boy drew his bokken and pointed it at the girl. “Excellent Miss Hero Zoe, I challenge you to do battle with me. If you should win you may date with me.”
 
            ;     Ranma had a sudden inspiration. She said, “I don't really think you're my type.” With that she uncoiled her tail from around her waist and let it wave around behind her. “Wouldn't you prefer to date with a girl of your own species?”
 
            ;     The kendo champion's eyes had gone wide and he demanded, “What are you?”
 
            ;     Appearing to consider the question, Ranma finally answered, “Well, even though I was raised on Earth by human parents, I guess you could say that I'm an alien. I'm a Saiyan from the planet Vegeta.”
 
            ;     The boy's expression changed during the explanation. Was that an expression of hope? The young man asked, “Do you mean to say you are like one of the aliens in that vulgar anime, Dragonball Z?”
 
            ;     This was a surprise. Kuno seemed more the type to watch samurai dramas than to look at sci-fi and fantasy anime.
 
            ;     When he noticed the look he was getting from the two girls the boy hastily explained, “I don't watch the program myself. My manservant Sasuke watches and I have occasionally seen a part of an episode.”
 
            ;     Ranma and Akane just nodded. The young man's protestations didn't sound very convincing.
 
            ;     Kuno asked, “So are you like the good-hearted, brave hero Goku or are you more like his villainous brother Raditz?”
 
            ;     For someone who just caught part of an occasional episode, Kuno seemed unusually knowledgeable. Ranma mentally shrugged and said, “I'm told I hit my head when was a baby, like Goku did.”
 
            ;     An expression of relief came to the boy's face. “Then you are not here to destroy the Earth?”
            ;     Putting on a horrified expression, Ranma answered, “Destroy the Earth? Why would I want to do that? I live here.”
 
            ;     “I had hoped as much.” The boy seemed to think for a moment. “Are you are as skilled in the fighting arts as the Saiyans in the anime?”
 
            ;     Ranma had to think about that. She finally said, “I guess my skill and power level are about equal to Goku's after he beat Freeza but before he fought Cell.”
 
            ;     “Ah, I see.” The young man bowed and said, “Even if you hail from another world, still you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. If you are as skilled as you say, I feel sure my usual approach of a challenge to combat would be no challenge to one such as you. Even so, your beauty has stolen my heart. Would you consider dating with me?”
 
Akane was just standing there with her mouth hanging open. She had never seen the kendo champion approach a woman the way he was acting toward Ranma. She was also somewhat miffed that Kuno was trying to woo another girl after openly declaring his love for Akane. What was annoying was that he was trying to woo the girl right in front of Akane herself. Besides that this was her own boyfriend/girlfriend.
 
Trying to let the boy down gently, Ranma told him, “I'm flattered that you would ask, but I'm already seeing someone.” She gave Akane a significant look and said, “Marriage is a strong possibility.”
 
  “Very well,” the boy said, looking disappointed. “I will trouble you no further on this. Have you perchance seen a boy with black hair in a pigtail run trough here?”
 
Ranma shook her head and replied, “I'm sorry, I didn't notice anyone of that description.”
 
The kendo champion frowned and said, “Doubtless he feared my prowess. Likely the trail will have grown cold by now. I will watch for him. I cannot allow him to work his enchantments on the fair Akane.”
 
The redhead got a puzzled expression. “Akane is a friend of mine. I'm not aware of any magic affecting her.”
 
“Doubtless the magic is very subtle,” the boy said. “I'm only sure of it because Akane has renounced her affections for my august self and declared instead that she is in love with this Saotome person. Such a ridiculous assertion.”
 
            ;     Ranma cast an inquiring look at Akane. The black haired girl rolled her eyes then shrugged. Short of extensive psychotherapy, Akane didn't think there was any way to relieve Kuno of his obsessions.
 
The Kendo champion bowed and said, "Until later, my beloved Akane, Zoe-San." He left.
 
When Kuno was out of sight, Ranma took the kettle from Akane. Fortunately the water it contained was still warm enough to transform back to male.
 
The black haired girl exclaimed, "That two-timing jerk! After putting me through the stupidity of the morning fights he has the nerve to hit on another girl right in front of me. I'll tell you this, if he keeps acting that way, when he gets old he's going to die single and alone. No woman would want him."
 
Ranma grabbed Akane's shoulders and pulled her into a kiss. When they separated, Akane smiled and said, "That was nice. You know how to calm me down and tense me up at the same time."
 
Ranma grinned and planted another quick kiss on his girlfriend. He said, "We'd probably better get back inside. Considering that we were in the hall on bucket punishment I'd guess we'll likely have detention tonight."
 
The black haired girl shrugged. "I guess so. But it's not like you just ran out on your punishment, You were attacked."
 
"We'll have to find out if the teachers see it that way," returned Ranma. "After all it was the headmaster's precious son that attacked me, so they may not cut me any slack for that."
 
“You have a point,” Akane replied. “Oh, well. If we get detention we can do our homework before we leave the school.”
 
            ;     The rest of the school day went more or less quietly. As predicted the two teens were sent to detention. They both grumbled for the sake of appearances, but they didn't really mind. They had been expecting it and it did give them quiet time to work on their school assignments.
 
  They managed to leave the school without being bothered by Kuno. As they were walking home Ranma commented, “I wouldn't have pegged Kuno as the type to be a closet DBZ otaku.”
 
  Akane frowned. “Why would you say that? He said he just catches an occasional part of an episode that his servant watches.”
 
  The pigtailed boy grinned. “He knew the name of Raditz. He knew what I was talking about when I said I'm as strong as Goku was after beating Freeza. He looked like he knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Cell. That doesn't sound like someone who just catches an occasional episode.”
 
Akane thought about it and nodded. “You're right. Well, at least that lets you off the hook as far as him trying to date your girl side.”
 
With a thoughtful expression, Ranma said, “I wonder if we could get him to believe that you are the person that Zoe is seeing. That would also mean telling him you are a lesbian.”
 
Laughing, Akane replied, “Since I started beating up the Horde o' Hentai, half the school already thinks I'm a lesbian anyway. We already know from yesterday, I really am one - sort of.”
 
Smiling, Ranma said, “After that and what we did in the dreamscape, I think it's safe to say you are bi, not lesbian. Did you want to try that boy water tonight?”
 
“I admit I find the thought sort of… exciting,” Akane admitted. “I'm pretty sure that any person who is honest with him or herself has, at one time or another, felt curious about what it is like for the `other side.' Likely the ones who deny it are lying.”
 
“I don't know,” Ranma said with a frown. “I'd have to say that I never gave it much thought before I got the transformation magic. Since then I have been thinking about what it might be like to be on the receiving end of it. I never was curious enough to actually conjure up a dream lover in the dreamscape to try it out but I probably would have if I hadn't met you. I'll confess to feeling a little excited as well as curious myself.”
 
“But getting back to Kuno,” Akane said. “Considering how he just decided that you must be using magic on me, I don't know if telling him that your girl side is my lover would be enough.”
 
            ;     Looking thoughtful, Ranma considered. “I see what you mean. He would probably start some kind of campaign to `free you from your unnatural affections.'”
 
            ;     “That's what he'd probably call it,” Akane agreed. “From what I've read, there really isn't anything unnatural about it. How do we get that idiot to leave me alone?”
 
            ;     Frowning, Ranma thought about it. “I wonder if your male body will have a tail my like female form does.”
 
            ;     “What did you have in mind?” Akane questioned.
 
            ;     The boy suddenly grinned, “Kuno seems to find Saiyans impressive. He was enough impressed that he was willing to give up on Zoe as a girlfriend. Considering how he reacted to me as a Saiyan girl, how do you think he might react if you had a Saiyan `boyfriend' complete with tail.”
 
            ;     The black haired girl considered that. “Are you suggesting that I pretend to be my own boyfriend?”
 
            ;     “It's either that or we find a way to regrow our tails in our birth forms,” Ranma countered.
 
            ;     “Hmm,” Akane looked thoughtful again. “I wonder if that goddess friend of yours knows a way we could grow tails again. Since she has the rings that keep you and Ukyo from going ape at the sight of the full moon, maybe we could get those tails back.”
 
            ;     Ranma shook his head. “I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I admit that I do sort of want the tail back because it was a part of me and I don't like the thought of part of me being cut off. However, if we do have tails, we have more problems. Ukyo had to get a medical excuse to stay out of gym class. She can handle the class easily enough but she wouldn't be able to hide the tail in the locker room. `Normal' kids don't have tails, so the rest of the girls would call her a freak. Would you really want to deal with that?”
 
“Uh,” she responded. “I'm going to have to think about that. That is a good point. I think I may want that eventually, but I'm not sure about right now.”
 
After dinner the Saiyan youths took Soun and Eiko aside. Ranma and Ukyo showed them about the rings that Skuld had given them. Eiko nodded and said, "So this was another 'goddess' that gave you these rings?"
 
Nodding, Ranma agreed, "That's right. At least she says she's a goddess. She said that these rings will prevent us from transforming into Oozaru when we look at a full moon. That means you don't have to cut off our tails."
 
Soun looked skeptical. "It seems like an awful risk to take. What if your friend is mistaken or lying? If that were the case it would be putting everyone in this house and likely all of Tokyo in danger."
 
While he didn't like the idea of the tail of his girl form being cut off, he could understand their caution. He suggested, "How about this. The first night of the full moon is tomorrow. We know from the anime that the transformation takes time to complete and cutting off the tail still works even in full ape mode."
 
He continued, "What I suggest is that you two be standing behind us with swords or knives or whatever and be ready when we look at the face of the full moon tomorrow night. If we show any signs of transforming, you can cut off our tails then. If we stay the same and show no sign of transforming, you leave our tails alone."
 
Eiko and Soun shared a look. Finally the Tendo father nodded. "That seems fair enough. I'm not sure I understand why you are so reluctant to part with the tail, though."
 
Ranma frowned. He said, "If the tail was some kind of cancerous growth or causing pain, I suppose I would be happy, even eager to have it cut off. But it is a part of my girl form. I don't want to lose a part of my girl form if I don't need to. It is even possible that I may someday have a use for the Oozaru form. I do remember from the anime that mature Saiyans can keep their intelligence in that form so they can still think and talk. That would mean no going on a rampage of destruction for no reason."
 
Soun shook his head. "I would have to reserve judgment on that. If you can demonstrate that you don't transform when looking at the full moon you may keep your tails tomorrow night."
            ;    
That evening the teens made a change in the sleeping arrangements without telling anyone. Ukyo moved into the guest room, and Ranma moved into Akane's room. Considering the type of relationship they had, it seemed a much more practical solution than running back and forth between bedrooms.
 
  Ranma was sitting on the bed in her female form, looking at Akane who was standing in the middle of the room holding a bottle. Both teens had opted for comfort so were nude. The black haired girl looked a little nervous as she upended the bottle over her head and let the water drip down her body. The change took place and both Ranma and Akane looked the new boy over carefully.
 
  Akane's male form was only a centimeter or two taller but he had gained a lot of muscle mass. His hair was black and spiky. He also had a brown furred tail. Ranma immediately noticed the new boy's sexual `equipment.' Her eyes got big and said, “Wow. You're big. Uh, could we go a little slow at first? I'm going to confess that I find that a little intimidating.”
 
  Looking at Ranma, Akane was getting aroused. Looking down at himself he said, “I see what you mean. But this is about the same size as you were in the dreamscape.”
 
Ranma shook her head. “In the dreamscape you can adapt yourself to anyone of any size. If you need to you can make yourself bigger or smaller as needed.”
 
“I didn't know that. I'll have to remember it the next time.”
 
The redhead suddenly grinned. “I know one sure way to find out if it will fit. Come here.”
 
Some time later other residents of the house were reminded that Ranma was rather vocal in responding to her passions. Kasumi had gotten up and stood outside the door of Akane's room. She recognized Ranma's voice but could also hear a male voice. Consideration of that made her angry. How dare that slut cheat on her sister?
            ;    
Kasumi slammed open the door and shouted, “Ranma what do you think you're doing!”
 
The scene she found was Ranma on her back with a muscular young man moving over her. At Kasumi's shout, the man moved off Ranma and turned to face the woman standing at the door. He quickly grabbed the sheet and pulled it to cover his lap while Ranma sat up and grabbed the other end of the sheet. She only covered her lower body, not bothering to cover her breasts.
 
  The young man exclaimed, “Damn it, Oneechan! What did you do that for?”
 
The lights were all on in the room, so Kasumi had a good look at the man's face. She found that it was a slightly more angular version of Akane's face. She looked from the man's face to Ranma and back, her mouth opening and closing. When she finally got enough control of herself to speak she said, “Akane, when did you become a boy?”
 
Akane rolled his eyes. “Just tonight. When Urd was here the last time she gave us some packets of Instant man water. The change only lasts one day or until the first hot water.”
 
Trying to regain her composure, and feeling slightly scandalized, Kasumi asked, “Why would she do something like that?”
 
Enjoying seeing his normally unflappable sister so flustered, Akane said, “She said it might be fun to add a little more adventure to our sex life. She was right, it was a lot of fun.”
 
  Ranma looked sheepish. “I guess I was kind of loud. I'm sorry about that.”
 
Kasumi waved that aside. “I can understand that part, it's alright.” She was like that herself with her own boyfriend. While she knew she wasn't supposed to do that sort of thing before she was married, she had still done it every chance she got. She did feel upset at having her sleep disturbed. “I do wish you had given some warning that you were going to be doing this. I thought Ranma was cheating on you with a boy, Akane.”
 
“Well, I'm the boy this time and she wasn't cheating,” Akane explained. “We wanted to try out the magic water that Urd gave us. I guess from what you heard, you can figure out that we liked the result.”
 
In an aside to Ranma, Akane said, “We're going to have to put a lock on the door.”
 
In a thoughtful tone, Ranma responded, “If we're going to do this a lot, maybe we should invest in soundproofing for the room.”
 
When she realized the implication in that, Kasumi had the scandalized expression again. “You want to share a bedroom, permanently?”
 
Ranma shrugged, causing some interesting vibrations in her breasts. “We're engaged to be married. It seems a more practical arrangement than running back and forth between bedrooms. Also Ucchan gets her own room this way.”
 
Kasumi shook her head. “It is not appropriate for you do be sharing a bedroom when you are not married yet.”
 
The oldest Tendo daughter felt a hand on her shoulder. “Kasumi, dear, leave them alone.”
 
“But mama Eiko,” Kasumi protested. “They shouldn't be sharing a bedroom before they're married.” She thought of saying they shouldn't be having sex, but she really couldn't talk on that one since she and Tofu were having sex at his apartment every chance they could get.
 
Eiko shook her head. “If it were any other two people I would agree with you. I'm afraid that Ranma and Akane are something of a special case. If they wish to share a bedroom and have sex, then I will not forbid it. That doesn't mean that I approve or that I'm comfortable with it.” She directed a glare at the two individuals in question.
 
The young medical student got that scandalized expression on her face as she retreated down the hall toward her own room. She didn't know what had gotten into her stepmother that she would allow this kind of thing. The woman had watched Kasumi like a hawk on the few occasions that she had brought a boyfriend home with her. She had made sure that any displays of affection never went beyond kissing. What was so special about Ranma and Akane?
 
Eiko stepped into the bedroom and for a moment fixed the two on the bed with a stern expression. She couldn't maintain it, though. She finally said, “My goodness, Akane. You certainly make a very handsome man. I suppose you are a good match to your fiance's female form.”
 
She seemed to think for a moment before continuing, “I have a question. I heard the explanation that Akane's transformation to male is temporary. I can understand the wish to experiment. Sometimes people try things in their youth they would never do when they are adults. If you could, would you choose to change back and forth the way Ranma does?”
 
“Uh.” That was not a question Akane was expecting his stepmother to ask. “I don't know. I do like being the man during sex, just as I liked being the woman. Do I think I'd ever want to try it again? Yes, definitely. I'll have to think about whether or not I want to make sex changing a permanent condition.”
 
“I guess that will have to be a sufficient answer to that question for now,” acknowledged Eiko. “There are many, very big things happening in your life right now. I hope you will not abandon common sense.”
 
Eiko sighed deeply then said, “Well, go back to what you were doing.”
 
Akane glanced at Ranma and said, “Maybe we'll just go to bed. Kasumi sort of killed the mood.”
 
Just then Ranma got a mischievous grin. She said, “I bet I know a way to get it back.” She whispered in Akane's ear. The spiky haired boy grinned in response and turned to whisper in Ranma's ear.
 
Ranma looked over at Eiko and said, “Auntie, could you give us some privacy?”
 
The Tendo wife rolled her eyes and went to the hall, closing the door. She stood for a while contemplating the closed door. Did she really have to allow this sort of thing in her house just because those children had been born on another planet?
 
At that moment she heard male Akane's baritone voice calling out, “Oh yeah, Ranma! Just like that!”
 
Walking away, Eiko wondered how much soundproofing for the room would cost. Whatever the cost, it might be preferable over the sleep that might be lost if those two continued to be as vocal as they had been.
 
Technically Akane wasn't even her daughter. Even less so than with Kasumi and Nabiki. She supposed she could do the bit she had seen characters on TV use by saying, “If you live in my house, you must obey my rules.” With the fiercely independent streak Akane had demonstrated in the past, she knew making such a pronouncement would only drive the girl away. No, if she wanted to keep the girl in her life, she would have to give her freedom. She just hoped her other stepdaughters would understand.
 
Author's Note: Yes, I know that having Kuno a DBZ otaku is OOC but again, this is an AU. These characters are similar, but with differences. You will see other characters with differences in future chapters.
 
I would also point out that Ranma is not such a macho jerk because he was not solely under the influence of Genma. He had Ukyo as first a friend then as adopted sister. He also had Urd and other deities as teachers. He never got into the whole "women are weak" thing you see in so many other fan fictions. He was not naive about sex because Urd taught him and encouraged him to engage in fantasy sex with dream partners. Those things made him more open to the idea of trying sex as a girl with Akane as a temporary man.