Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Return To Me ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon or DragonballZ. The song used in this chapter is also not mine. It’s Faith Hill’s “There You’ll Be.”

Here it is. The sequel to Before Frieza: Vegeta in the Silver Millennium and with a much shorter title.

--Chapter One--

Vegeta ran up to Hotaru. He bent down and carefully gathered her in his arms. Hotaru's eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Vegeta?" Hotaru said in barely a whisper. Vegeta nodded and wiped the blood from Hotaru's chin and lips.

When I think back on these times

and the dreams we left behind

I'll be glad cause I was blessed

to get to have you in my life.

"Yes Hotaru it's me." Hotaru coughed a bit.

"I'm sorry I failed Vegeta."

"Nonsense. You have not failed." Hotaru weakly shook her head.

"I was defeated Vegeta. I- I'm dying. And there's nothing I can do about it." Hotaru felt a trail of tears run down her face. Vegeta refused to listen.

"You'll be fine. I love you too much to let you die." Hotaru smiled feeling weaker.

When I look back on these days

I'll look and see your face

you were right there for me.

"I've waited so long to hear those words. I love you too Vegeta. So much." Hotaru lifted

a hand to bring Vegeta's face to her level to give him a passionate kiss. He pulled back after a moment, especially when he felt blood on his lips. Hotaru took one last deep breath.

In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky

in my heart there'll always be a place for you for all my life

I'll keep a part of you with me

and everywhere I am there you'll be

and everywhere I am there you'll be.

"As long as you have a heart Vegeta, I'll always be in it." Hotaru said before she closed

her eyes. Her body went limp in Vegeta's arms. Vegeta screamed in agony holding her

closely.

Well you showed me how it feels

to feel the sky within my reach

and I always will remember all the strength you gave to me

your love made me make it through

oh I owe so much to you

you were right there for me.

He turned his head when he heard a sigh.

"Ah Saiyans in agony. Such a splendid sight." Standing there was a white and purple

serpent like creature with a feminine male voice. "But too bad I don't have time to enjoy

it." Vegeta's chest was pierced by some kind of energy beam. Vegeta fell forward still

holding Hotaru close. He used the last of his strength to lay himself next to Hotaru with

his arms still around her.

"Wait for me Hotaru, I'll see you soon." He said before he died.

In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky

in my heart there'll always be a place for you for all my life

I'll keep a part of you with me

and everywhere I am there you'll be.

Cause I always saw in you my life, my strength

and I want to thank you for all the ways

you were right there for me

you were right there for me

always.

Hotaru jolted up in her bed. She placed her hand on her forehead.

"It's that dream again." Hotaru tossed her blankets to the side and crawled out of the bed.

She walked down the stairs to the kitchen where she saw a light on. Hotaru saw Amara

sitting at the kitchen table drinking a mug of hot chocolate. "Amara?" Amara jumped slightly before turning to face Hotaru. "What are you doing awake?" Hotaru sat in the chair next to Amara.

"Just anxious. Only two more days until the Saiyans arrive on Earth. I can't help but think

we're not ready."

"What do you mean 'we're' Amara?" Hotaru questioned. "Kami told us not to get involved. He thinks the guys can handle it when Goku comes back." Amara ran a hand through her short blonde hair.

"I know Taru and for once I'll listen to Kami. It took Goku's life to defeat Radditz. How much can we do when my World Shaking attack tickles Goku?"

"We're all a team Amara. The sailor scouts and the Z warriors." Hotaru said. "We take

care of alternate dimensions that try to take over Earth while they take care of aliens that

try to take over Earth." Amara took a drink of her hot chocolate.

"We've got a one of a kind team." Amara looked at Hotaru fingering the cherry designs on her pajama bottoms lost in thought. "So why are you awake at this time at night?" She asked breaking Hotaru from her thoughts.

"I had that dream again. The one where I was in love with a Saiyan."

"It's not a dream Hotaru it's a memory." Amara said.

"It is?" Hotaru asked.

"Yes. During the Silver Millennium you were in love with a Saiyan. The prince of Saiyans,

Vegeta."

"So the Saiyans weren't our enemies back then?" Amara shook her head.

"Not officially, but to your mother Sierra, they were the worst of all."

"Why's that?"

"When Sierra was younger, she had fallen in love with a Saiyan, ironically it was Vegeta's father. But according to Saturnian law they were not allowed to be together. So they were torn apart. And then fifteen years later, you met Vegeta and it was love at first sight.

Though both of you were too stubborn to admit it at first." Amara said with a slight smile.

"Did our parents ever find out?" Hotaru asked interested in her past.

"Yes, and saying they weren't pleased would be an understatement. But you and Vegeta made it through and your love had the law removed. But a year later was when it all ended."

"When we were killed." Hotaru said softly. "I remember that day. Does that really mean that Goku is really Kakarot?" Amara nodded.

"Goku is his Earth name, Kakarot is his given Saiyan name."

"Does that mean there's a chance that Vegeta was reborn too?" Hotaru looked hopeful.

"There's a high chance that he was but---" Amara trailed off.

"But what?" Hotaru's hope fell a bit.

"I heard that Vegeta-sai was destroyed after Goku was born. There's no telling if Vegeta is one of the last remaining Saiyans." The room was silent for a moment until Hotaru slowly stood up. "Hotaru?" Amara asked worried.

"Vegeta is still out there, and I'm going to find him. I know I will." Hotaru said determined. Amara offered a sad, pitied smile as Hotaru walked out to go back to her room.

"I pray you're right Hotaru. You've been through so much already. you deserve some happiness in life." Amara said quietly to herself, finishing her mug of hot chocolate and going back to bed.

--Okay how was that? Leave a review and I swear if it's a flame you will be the laughing stock of all time for wasting perfectly good review space.--