Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Solace in the Rain ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z

Info: Another Ami based story…^_^ Idea for this story came from listening to music done by Xerjester, a friend of mine.

Solace in the Rain

Chapter 2

The next morning, Ami got up early when the sounds of birds chirping woke her up. She looked around her surroundings in confusion before her mind fully woke up. It then hit her. She remembered that she was no longer in the dimension she called home for most of her life. Sighing softly, she got out of the large bed and walked out of the bedroom and into the living room of her quarters. She glanced at the clock and noticed that it said five-thirty in the morning and the first rays of sunlight were starting to waft over the horizon.

Wanting to see her first sunrise in this dimension, Ami opened her patio doors and walked onto the balcony. She closed her eyes for a moment and took in a deep breath, inhaling the sweet scent of the early morning dew. 'It's so beautiful here,' she thought to herself as she opened her eyes and was taken aback by the clear beauty of the morning light. She felt like she finally came home, to the place that she belongs. Remembering some of the things that Pluto had told her, Ami went back into her bedroom and changed into a white t-shirt and light blue sweatpants and pulled on a pair of running shoes.

After running a brush through her hair quickly, Ami walked down the stairs quietly so she wouldn't wake anyone up. She made her way to the kitchen and cautiously peeked in just to make sure that there wasn't anyone inside. When she did not see anyone, she entered it and walked over to the refrigerator and took out a carton of orange juice. As she poured herself a glass, a cute boy of around eleven years of age with lavender hair came inside. It became apparent that he was looking for something to eat when he started opening various cupboards.

"Are you hungry?" Ami asked gently, smiling to herself as she realized that this boy must be Bulma's son Trunks. He whirled around suddenly, not expecting anyone to be in the kitchen.

"Um…yeah…but who are you?" the lavender haired youth asked as he unconsciously went into a defensive stance.

Ami smiled gently at the boy and went to the fridge and took out some eggs, cheese, mushrooms and bacon. "I'm Ami Mizuno," she answered as she set the ingredients down on the kitchen counter. "Your mother hired me yesterday. She gave me one of the rooms here because the employee living quarters were full. You must be Trunks…would you like me to fix you something for breakfast?"

Trunks nodded furiously as he watched the dark blue haired woman set about the task of making cheese omelets with mushrooms and bacon. 'I'm glad that Mako-chan gave us all of those cooking lessons,' she thought as she cracked the eggs into a large bowl and started beating them. She started cooking the bacon to a delightful crispy texture when a sleepy Bulma entered.

Bulma took in a deep sniff and grinned as she sat down at the kitchen table next to Trunks. "That smells great, Ami," she remarked as she watched the younger girl make breakfast. "How much of those are you making?"

"Oh, I'm making enough for me, Trunks and you," Ami answered as she took the bacon out of the pan and put them on a paper towel in order to drain the fat. "That should be enough…"

Trunks shook his head vigorously and gave Ami an amused expression. "Nope…I eat as much as Goten and he eats as much as his dad," he stated proudly. "And Dad eats just as much."

Bulma rolled her eyes and smirked. "Trunks, honey, Ami doesn't know about Saiya-jin appetites."

Ami looked at Bulma curiously and shrugged as she decided to make enough food that could satisfy the appetite of Usagi for five meals. 'I wonder what Bulma meant by that…and what exactly is a Saiya-jin?' was the thought running through Ami's mind as she piled quite a few omelets onto Trunks' plate and some onto Bulma's plate. She then set the two plates in front of the aforementioned people and then set about making a plate for herself. Just as she was about to sit down and eat her breakfast, a very annoyed Vegeta entered.

"Onna, when are you going to fix that machine?" he rumbled angrily, his penetrating gaze not missing the scene before him. He sniffed the air and took the rest of the omelets Ami made and practically inhaled them. The former Senshi of Mercury stared at him and at the way Trunks ate the food. Vegeta noticed the stare Ami was giving him and gave her a cruel smirk. "What? Never saw anyone eat before?"

Ami shook herself out of her reverie when the Saiya-jin prince spoke to her. She looked at him and then at her own food. "I only knew of one other person who ate like that…Usagi always amazed us with the amount of food she could gulp and then ask for more," she replied, sadness entering her tone for a moment. "I hope you all liked breakfast. I'll clean up later after my morning run."

She stood up and turned to leave when Bulma placed a comforting hand on her arm. "Don't worry about it, Ami. I'll clean it up…If you need to talk to me about anything, I'll be working on the dumb monkey's gravity machine outside in the back."

"What did you call me?" Vegeta cried out.

"You heard me, you arrogant…" Bulma began when Ami shook her head. The older woman sighed for a moment and understood that the younger woman was telling her silently not to argue in front of Trunks. She then glanced at her young son. "Trunks, would you please go with Ami? She really doesn't know her way around here yet and it would be nice for her to have some company."

Before Ami could protest, Trunks grinned and grabbed Ami's arm as he ran out of the kitchen, dragging the poor girl behind him. Bulma sweatdropped at that and shook her head and glared at the Saiya-jin Prince. "Do you always have to be such an arrogant ass, Vegeta? For once I would like to enjoy a morning where I don't have to repair the gravity room. Why do you have to be so violent when you train?"

Vegeta snorted as he looked in the direction that his son and Ami left. "It is just the way I train," he remarked coldly. "And do you think it's wise in hiring that onna? I felt a strong ki coming from her last night."

Bulma rolled her eyes as she began cleaning up the kitchen. "You are way too paranoid, monkey-boy. Don't worry, though, I'll repair the machine as soon as I'm done here in the kitchen."

"Good," he mumbled as he stalked out, leaving the aqua-haired woman to clean the mess by herself.

Trunks dragged Ami out of the house and into a rather large backyard area. He wanted to show this nice lady (well, to him Ami is nice because she made him a nice breakfast…^_~) around and try to be her friend.

"Miss Ami, my friend Goten and I like to spar back here when no one is around," he began, chattering away. "You'll get to meet him today. His older brother, Gohan, and his brother's girlfriend, Videl, are coming by later to drop him off."

Ami smiled at the young boy and felt the happiness that he seemed to exude. "If he is anything like you, then I know that I will like your friend," she remarked, watching Trunks' face break out into a large grin.

"Cool!" he exclaimed, running up to the former senshi and gave her a hug. "Miss Ami, I feel a lot of power coming off of you. Do you know how to fight?"

The dark blue haired woman stared at the boy for a couple minutes before shrugging her shoulders daintily. "I don't know about the power you mentioned, but I do sort of know how to fight," she answered, leaving out the fact that she used to be a defender of the dimension she left behind.

Trunks seemed to jump up and down with excitement at the news. "That is great! Maybe you and I can spar after you do that run? Oh! I can come with you on your run because Mom told me to."

Ami laughed gently and motioned for Trunks to follow as she jogged out of the yard and onto a pathway. They followed the trail out of the living complex and out into the fields nearby. The cool early morn gave way to a warm late morning as the pair wound their way around a peaceful creek. Ami decided to stop there for a moment because she wanted to take in the beauty that Nature had left for them to see.

"This is a lovely spot," Ami remarked more for herself than to Trunks. She closed her eyes so she could hear the gentle babble of the water and the distant chirps of nearby birds. "Trunks, can't you just feel the serenity of this place?"

The lavender haired youth tilted his head to one side in confusion at Ami's question. "What do you mean?" he asked. "All I see is a creek with running water and birds making noise."

Ami sighed softly and opened her eyes to look at the boy. "It's a way of sensing your surroundings," she began to explain. "Two of my friends taught me this. Mako-chan was attuned to nature and Rei-chan was a priestess at her shrine. Sometimes, if you just listen to the sounds and energy that are around you, you can gain a greater awareness of your surrounding and of yourself. It is a way to become stronger in mind, body and spirit."

Trunks stared at her in awe and a newfound respect. "Wow…you sound just like a warrior," he replied. "I think that you do know how to fight. And you never answered my earlier question…could you spar with me after the run?"

"I…I don't know, Trunks," Ami answered truthfully. "What if you get hurt?"

The lavender haired youth giggled a little and grinned at the young woman. "Oh, you don't have to worry about me getting hurt," he replied in a confident voice. "Dad and Goten's dad taught me how to fight and they are the best in the universe."

Ami thought for a moment and reflected back to the time when Haruka, also known as Sailor Uranus, and Makoto taught her how to fight. Shrugging for a moment, she turned to face the boy. "I suppose so, young man," she answered in an authoritative tone, her sparkling eyes betraying the amusement she was feeling. This young boy, Trunks, was beginning to find a spot in her soul that she reserved for the closest of friends. She then bowed before him and took up a defensive stance.

"I'm ready, young Trunks," she remarked, winking at the boy.

Trunks grinned and bowed before the dark blue-haired woman and rushed her. Ami barely had time to block the boy's punch but was able to counter with a roundhouse kick. He was able to avoid her kick and then set up several punches in another round of attack. During this, Ami blocked out the fight in her mind and concentrated on the sounds around her and the energy her sparring partner was giving off. Her body relaxed and was able to dodge and block almost all of the punches and kicks Trunks sent her. She was also studying the moves the boy was using and her analytical mind was able to determine a pattern to the attacks. In one swift movement, Ami ducked under a kick and hit the back of Trunks' knee. This caused the boy to fall flat on her face.

"Oh, are you alright?" Ami asked, concern showing on her face as she knelt beside Trunks.

He slowly rolled onto his back and had the largest smile she had seen on the lavender haired boy's face. "Oh, that was great!" he exclaimed. "Miss Ami, you're pretty good for a normal person."

The young woman breathed out a sigh of relief as she helped Trunks stand back up. "You are very good yourself, Trunks," she observed. "That was a lucky shot I made."

"I don't think so…I think you studied my moves," Trunks stated, still grinning. "I'm hungry. I always get hungry after a good spar."

Ami had to laugh at that and ruffled the boy's hair for a moment. "I can understand that. I'm actually a bit hungry myself now. Maybe we should head back home."

Trunks nodded and they both turned around and headed back to the Capsule Corp. He remarked that he wanted to try listening to nature and his surroundings while on their way back. Upon hearing this, Ami smiled to herself and inwardly made a mental note to try and teach this boy what her friends had taught her. She still felt that the move she made was a lucky one and did not think that she would be able to do it again.

When the duo finally returned, it was already a little past noon and it seemed that there wasn't anyone in the domed house. Shrugging, Ami quickly made some sandwiches and left most of them for Trunks while she grabbed one.

"I'll see you later, Trunks," she replied in between bites. "I want to get cleaned up and relax."

The lavender haired boy nodded while inhaling the food, causing Ami to giggle slightly as she left the kitchen and went up the stairs to her room. She went into her bathroom and winced slightly as she noticed a rather large bruise forming on her left arm where Trunks' had hit her earlier when they were sparring. Sighing, she peeled off her clothing and stepped in the shower and turned the water on. She heaved a sigh of relief as she allowed the hot, steaming water relax her sore muscles and cleanse the pores of her skin. Ami stood this way for a couple minutes and then started cleaning herself with a pear scented body gel and a similarly scented shampoo.

After she finished her shower, Ami wrapped a large blue towel around her nude form and used a smaller one to dry her short, blue hair. Not thinking that anyone would be around, she walked through the living room of her quarters and entered the balcony. The day had become warm and the sun's rays felt wonderful on her skin so she closed her eyes and allowed her to enjoy the sensation for once. Suddenly, Ami sensed that someone was watching her and gasped at who it was when she reopened her eyes.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" she stammered, realizing that she was clad only in a towel and blushed furiously.

Vegeta smirked slightly at the woman in front of him, amused by the blush that seemed to take over her body. "The onna has not finished repairing the gravity machine," he answered as he leaned on the balcony's railing. His eyes narrowed slightly as he noticed the bruise on her arm. "What happened to you? It looks like someone beat up on you, onna."

Gathering as much courage as she could, Ami very slowly began backing up to the patio doors. "I just went out on a run and Trunks came with me."

"Is that all?" the Saiya-jin prince asked, taking a step towards the nearly frightened woman. "It looks like to me that you fought someone, and I believe that someone is that brat of mine."

Ami glared at Vegeta for a moment, not liking how the man called Trunks a brat. "That's not a very nice thing to call Trunks," she retorted, surprised that she would even make a bold statement like that to this scary man. And she did it again. "And if he learned how to fight from you, then tell me how I was able to knock him down on his face."

The look that appeared next on Vegeta's face was an angry one. "He was strong enough to give you that mark on your arm!" he hissed. "And what was that crap about listening to the sounds of nature and energy?"

Ami stared at the Saiya-jin for a moment, her mouth slightly open. "You…you were spying on us? Why?"

"Of course I was! I felt a strong energy coming from you last night," he began, once again advancing on the young woman. "You are more than what you seem and I plan on finding out what you really are. If you are an enemy, I want to know so I can blast you into the next dimension!"

Goosebumps appeared on the former senshi's skin at the tone of the Saija-jin's voice; it was low and had a feel to it that scared and intrigued her. Not surprising, Ami edged closer to the doors that led back into her rooms. "I cannot explain what I am to you, but I am not an enemy," she tried to reason. "And…and I am so tired of fighting. Please, leave me be…" Before Vegeta could say or do anything, Ami was able to run back inside her room and locked the patio doors behind her.

Later that evening, Ami finally came out of her room and gingerly walked down the stairs. She did not want another confrontation with Vegeta and wanted to avoid any contact with the man. She was about to enter the kitchen when she heard Bulma's familiar voice laugh and then a few other voices, none that she recognized, erupted in laughter as well come from the direction of the living room. Curious, she slowly looked through the entranceway of the living room and saw her new friend laughing and having fun with people who were obviously the friends of the older woman.

Bulma saw the young woman and grinned at how shy she was acting. She went over to Ami and pulled on the woman's arm dragged her into the living room. "Everyone, this is Ami Mizuno," she said as she introduced her new friend. "Now, everyone, say hi. She is the one I was telling you about."

A young man (apparently in his late teens) with short, spiky, black hair and black eyes smiled gently at Ami. "Hi, Miss Ami, I'm Son Gohan and this," he replied as he pulled a young woman with short black hair to his side, "is my girlfriend, Videl."

A short man with dark hair came up to Ami. "Hi there, I'm Krillen and the blond over there," he pointed to a pretty blonde woman with slightly slanted eyes, "is my wife, 18."

Another man with short black hair and a scar on his face (AN: I can't remember what side the scar is on…-_-;) walked up to Bulma's side and grinned. "Bulma sure has a good-looking friend," he remarked and winced as the aqua-haired woman punched his side. "I'm Yamcha."

Ami giggled slightly at Yamcha. "Nice to meet you…Bulma told me much about you and that the two of you have been dating." She was about to say more when she noticed a man with three eyes. She stared at him because she had never seen anyone with three eyes before that were not youma.

The man noticed her stare and chuckled loudly, causing Ami to blush lightly. "My name is Tien Shinhan and it's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Mizuno," he replied, all three of his eyes looking at her intently, causing the dark blue haired woman to blush.

"Hey when are we going to eat?" another man asked as he just entered the living room. He was tall and had spiky black hair that was similar to Vegeta's, but they angled out in odd directions. He then noticed Ami in the room. "Hi there, I'm Son Goku, Gohan's dad. Nice to meet ya."

Ami smiled warmly at Goku. "It's nice to meet you, Goku. I'm Ami Mizuno…and everyone, please just call me Ami, okay?"

Everyone in the room agreed and they all started talking, telling Ami some tales and stories about what they did in the past when they were kids. Ami smiled and laughed as she enjoyed this time with these people. 'These are very nice people,' she thought to herself as she laughed at one of Krillen's stories about him and Goku being friends. 'I'm glad that I came here to this dimension. I do wonder why Vegeta doesn't come in here…I can see him leaning on the wall of the entrance.'

Vegeta scowled as he watched the Z-senshi talk and banter about the past with the dark blue haired onna. He saw the one called Tien try to get Ami's attention and then noticed the way that his eternal rival, Kakarot (a.k.a. Goku), was paying attention to her, sitting close to her. The Saiya-jin prince growled softly in the back of his throat when he noticed that. That was when he decided that he will not let some inferior human (Tien) or a third-class warrior (Kakarot) get close to Ami. He wanted to be the one to find out about the onna. He wanted to be the one to see how strong she is. And by Kami, he will!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN: Wow…I actually made my goal of at least 3000 words…^___^ If anyone is confused why Goku is acting the way he is, the next chapter will clear that up…^_^