Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ "The Most Dangerous Game" ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Most Dangerous Game chapter 1
“Hey Vegeta, do you think they feel fear?” Goku asked from his chair. Vegeta sighed. Why did he take this guy on as a partner again? Oh yeah, he was one of the only other super seiyajin on Vegetasei. Vegeta was the prince of Vegetasei and often to get away from the responsibility (and his wife and kids) he took several intergalactic safaris. Since it wasn’t safe to travel by himself, he decided to take someone with him. The only candidate was Goku or Kakorot as he was known on Vegetasei.

There was nothing wrong with Kakorot. Except he was a little naïve if not plain stupid. Moreover, he was too soft. For example, the question he was asking now. “No Kakorot they don’t feel fear. We hunt animals, which aren’t sentient beings.” Vegeta explained. “Well when we’re finishing one off it looks like it feels fear. I mean it gives a last burst of strength like it knows it’s going to die.” Goku said still unconvinced. “That’s not fear that’s just its instincts. An animal doesn’t have the brain capacity to realize the danger. It’s instincts are put in place of that capability.” Vegeta was now getting annoyed.

Goku noticed the change in the prince’s voice, so he changed the subject. “So how fierce are these Carribsei panthers supposed to be?” The Carribsei panther was said to be one of the galaxies most dangerous prey. It would be the strongest creature they had faced to this day. Vegeta liked this topic and went into countless tales of why it had gotten its ranking.

Finally, Vegeta had run out of narratives, so Goku asked another question. “When do we get to Carribsei?” Vegeta checked the virtual map from his console then responded. “In about three days tops.” Goku leaned over to look at the map. “Hey, I heard about this planet. It’s the planet of lost souls. Legend has it that ships that go there are never seen again.” Goku said pointing at a planet that they were currently passing.

“Rubbish! That’s just a stupid myth.” Vegeta snorted. Goku just shrugged. “Any way it’s getting late I’m going to get some sleep. You coming Vegeta?” “No, I’ve got to fix that broken escape pod.” Vegeta and Goku bid each other goodnight and went their separate ways.

As Vegeta was working on the pod, he noticed that it was picking up a distress signal. He got into the space pod to check it out. The distress call was coming from the planet of lost souls. Vegeta then tried to pinpoint where on the planet the signal was coming from.

At that moment, a half-asleep Goku walked in to the control center. The beeping from the distress call had woken him. Thinking it was nothing important he had gone to turn it off. In his tired state Goku pressed the wrong button. He had meant to press the button that would have silenced the noise but instead he pushed the one that launched all the escape pods.

Vegeta turned around with a start as the pod’s doors closed behind him. Then he heard the pod’s engine start. “Oh hell no!” Vegeta cursed when he relised what was going on. He tried to contact the control room to abort the launch before it was too late but the communication systems were broken. Before he could do anything to try to fix them, it was too late. He was in outer space in a broken ship.

Goku yawned and went back to bed once the beeping had stopped. He was unaware that he had just launched his ruler into space. He curled up and settled in for what was going to be a long sleep. Ten hours would be the minimum. If you knew Goku, you’d know that this was a guarantee.

Vegeta was in a mad rush. He had opened up the console and was trying to fix it quickly. The problem with this ship was that the out side hull was damaged and that the stirring program had quite a few bugs. This was a bad mix. The damaged hull could give at any second so he had to land it quickly. However, he couldn’t land quickly because of the bugs in the controls.

Vegeta could hear the hull starting to give away. He knew that soon his oxygen would start to leak out of the ship and he would be in danger of suffocating. Finally, he had some control over the ship. It wasn’t easy going but thanks to all his skills and experience with piloting a ship, he managed to land safely on the planet of lost souls.

He had landed on one of the planet’s small islands. This was the island that Vegeta had tracked the distress call to. Vegeta got out of the escape pod and sat on the sand. He had managed to land the ship on the islands beach. Vegeta totally exhausted laid back against the soft sand. He would figure out his next move when he awoke.


AN: Hi! Blissfulrain writing. This is my second fan fiction to date. It won’t get to be as long as my other one Vegetasei’s Influence will be. It will most likely be around ten chapters long. This was inspired by a short story I read in my English class titled “The Most Dangerous Game”. I liked the idea of the story and I began to put Vegeta in the place of the main character. So read and review people. Come on tell me what you think. Until next time. Je ne.