Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Brief Christmas Comedy ❯ Ch 2: A Christmas to Remember ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

You guys are like all-powerful or something. I mean, so many of you said you were confused that I found myself coming up with more to write. So, here it is, Ch2 of ABCC. Enjoy! This one is for you guys! Merry Christmas!

Ch 2: A Christmas to Remember

Yamcha and Bulma whirled around and both looked at the irate person standing in the doorway, for it was he who had barked.

"What do you think you're doing?" Vegeta coldly questioned Bulma.

Yamcha, at the moment thinking; rather praying, that he'd been forgotten, was inching back toward the chimney in an effort to get away from what he knew was a volatile situation.

"Don't move, weakling!" Vegeta snapped, his hard gaze now on the sweating human.

"Vegeta, I-"

"SILENCE!" he turned to Bulma, "I asked you a question, woman."

Bulma was a bright crimson, "Vegeta! I thought he was you-I swear-I wouldn't have kissed him-if I'd known-"

Vegeta's eyes bulged, "You mistook him for me!?"

Bulma sighed. Only Vegeta could turn explanation to insult, "Well, I wasn't thinking-"

"Obviously."

Again Yamcha scooted toward the chimney. Vegeta's gaze arrested him before he could move again, targeting him as a guinea pig for his anger.

Bulma glared at Vegeta, "It's not Yamcha fault, Vegeta! He was just trying to be nice! I'm the one who kissed him."

Yamcha looked surprised when Vegeta actually paused to consider Bulma's words.

"Fine," he smirked at Yamcha, "But I can't guarantee his continued good health if he crosses my path again."

Yamcha gave Bulma one grateful glance before he took off the way he had come in.

Vegeta growled low in his throat, "You thought I was that pathetic weakling? In that ridiculous costume?"

Bulma laughed, "I guess it was kinda stupid of me, huh? I mean, he's much taller than you."

The admission did nothing to soothe the diminutive alien, who moved closer to Bulma, "I told you I'd have nothing to do with this 'Christmas'. How could you even think-"

"What's that?" Bulma innocently asked.

Vegeta looked irked that he's been interrupted but looked down at what, in his anger, he'd forgotten he's held.

He looked back at Bulma blandly, "What's what?"

"Why, Vegeta! That isn't a present is it? But I thought you'd 'have nothing to do with Christmas'?"

"Don't change the subject, woman! You kissed that-that-"

Bulma suddenly leaned forward and pulled Vegeta slightly toward her. He did not resist as their lips met, flesh on flesh, in a cool kiss that was urgent and pulling in its need for more than lips touching.

They finally stopped for fear that they wouldn't be able to if they didn't at that moment. Bulma grinned at him, "But I can tell the difference, Vegeta. Only you make nothing else matter," he smirked, "Now," she added in a more regular voice, having caught her breath, "What'd you get me?"

Vegeta snorted, "What makes you think it's for you?"

"Trunks didn't have anything that small on his Christmas list."

Vegeta sighed and handed her the present. He stepped back, crossed his arms across his chest, and put on a decent scowl as Bulma ripped through the paper to the black, velvet bow inside.

Upon opening it, she gasped in delight and pulled out a sparkling diamond bracelet. In the white lights of the Christmas tree, the bracelet seemed to shimmer with a life of its own.

Without a word, Vegeta clasped the gift onto Bulma wrist.

"Oh, Vegeta! It's beautiful!" she whispered.

Vegeta grunted again, this time in denial, and when Bulma looked in his ebon eyes and saw how he was looking at her, she knew what he meant.

Bulma put a hand lightly on Vegeta's arm, "My gift's upstairs. In the bedroom." She smiled.

Vegeta needed no more prompting and allowed her to lead him upstairs. He paused though, after only a few steps and she halted with him and looked back questioningly.

"What are you doing in my robe?" he asked incredulously.

Bulma laughed lightly, "I just picked up the first thing that came to hand."

Vegeta smirked, "Stupid woman." His tone was almost fond.

They continued up the stairs in comfortable silence to spend the rest of the night the only way it should be spent.

END

*wipes eyes* Jeez, that was soooo sweet. I didn't think I could write it mushy and feel that I've kept Vegeta IC (in character). The kiss scene was interesting, neh? I was worried about it, never having actually been kissed. So worried that I actually dreamed that scene above. Except with me and guy of course. Faceless guy, of course…. *sigh* If my first kiss isn't like that, I'll be highly disappointed. Joking of course, it's the guy, not the kiss, that will matter. Anyways, definite end here. No more. Christmas is on Tuesday so there's no way I can write any more in time as I'll not be on the computer then…. I hope you liked as much as I did…. Boy, did I like this…. Ok, done preening at myself. Once again, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. Hope you stay tuned for more of my DBC stories!!!

Kahlan Nightwing