Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Lesson ❯ A Lesson ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Dear Goku,

It is I, your medical consultant, Dr. Burns. Looking over your medical records, it has recently come to my attention that you are long overdue for your annual shot. Please make an appointment for this week so that I might jab you with my long, rusty needle as soon as possible.

You will receive a packet of instructions from one of the nurses upon your visit. I would also advise you not to eat any food for three days before your appointment and six days afterward, as it would reverse the effects of the shot and only necessitate that another be administered.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to seeing you in my office soon.

- Dr. Burns, M.D.

Chi Chi tossed the crumpled letter (which was written in handwriting suspiciously similar to Vegeta’s) into the trash, dashing out the door to attempt to coax her yowling husband off the roof of their house. Whoever was responsible for this - as if she had any doubt in her mind - was going to pay dearly for interrupting their nice, quiet family dinner. If only Goku hadn't grabbed at the mail so quickly, reaching it before she could get at it. He was just so darned excited, awaiting the arrival of Vegeta's R. S. V. P. to their upcoming Son family potluck. After Bulma had thrown such a fit over losing touch with him, Goku had decided that while he was back on a break from training with Uub, maybe it would be a good idea to get all his friends together to catch up on old times.

Turns out, maybe it had been the idea to seal his fate.

Chi Chi scurried off after him, only wondering how he had overlooked the fact that their doctor's last name was "Peterson".

Meanwhile at Capsule Corp. Bulma was on the receiving end of a devilish grin from her husband. He had finally felt the ki spike for which they had both been waiting. She stifled a giggle. “He got it, didn’t he?”

Feeling the dread and fear emanating from his comrade’s sporadic energy signal, Vegeta answered, “Either that, or the Earth is in terrible peril.”

Bulma finally allowed her burst of chuckling to escape, and put down her book to join her husband on the couch. “You know, I never would have let you send that letter if Goku didn’t have to be such a meat head. I still feel kind of bad for him.”

Vegeta eyed her accusingly. “Woman, you paid for the postage and offered to mail it yourself.”

Bulma tried unsuccessfully to cover her smirk. “Well, he should know better than to comment on a lady’s age.”

Giving a curt nod to acknowledge her statement, Vegeta then picked up the remote with a self-satisfied air about him. That would be a lesson even Kakarot wouldn’t soon forget.