Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Race to be proud of ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Sorceress_Misha

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: shounen ai, yaoi

Summary: Vegeta and Kakarotto's search for the last of the Saiyans.

Author notes: This fic is dedicated to Raven, a wonderful list mommy, a great person and an awesome beta. Thank you for all your help and the encouragement to post my first ever fic, and to kyoko for beta'ing this chapter! ^___~

Disclaimer: I make no claim to having any rights to DBZ or the characters and i am not making any money regarding this fic, however the plot and any original characters are mine.

Archived at mediaminer.org and ff.net, anyone else just let me know who and where. ^_^




After they had finished breakfast then washed and tidied the dishes, it was time for the meeting with Kratz. It was still astonishing to the two mates that anyone had escaped Frieza's wrath. Not long after Frieza's supposed end on Nameksei, they and the other Z-senshi had discussed the possibility of any other Saiya-jin's survival. By the time Chichi had kicked the other's out of the house, there had been little hope left in them of finding any remaining Saiya-jin's, if any others of their race remained alive there was alomost no chance of ever discovering them. If any had survived the purges, then they would be well-hidden indeed if Frieza's minions couldn't find them! When Frieza had found out that there were still Saiya-jins who had escaped the destruction of Vegetasei and weren't under his command, he had went on a rampage to seek out and eliminate each and every last one, from the youngest babe to the oldest warrior.

It hadn't been until Kratz and those under his command had found the no Ouji and his mate, while they were on a training trip in space six months previously, that the truth had been discovered. Not only had Kratz managed to get as many warriors and scientists under his command to safety as possible, but he had also been entrusted to find the young no Ouji and deliver to him a coded message. It had turned out to contain a secret, priceless beyond words. The fact that Bardock and the Ou had known and entrusted to Kratz the secret of their last desperate legacy, even if it had been encoded so that only the no Ouji could decider it, had shown the mated pair that they could trust Kratz with their lives.

After he had decoded the full message and read it aloud to his koi, the silence surrounding the couple had been incredulous. The combined knowledge of the Saiya-jin people, from the beginning of their recorded history. Covering every conceivable category, from the sciences to art, from history to music, it had all been saved, it was a treasure trove beyond priceless, though even that most welcomed gift paled in comparison to what else was revealed.

Three thousand of their people had been placed into cryo-stasis, and then secretly smuggled off the planet. Elite warriors, chibis as young as barely minutes old to teenagers not yet through puberty, and Saiya-jins in the prime of their lives with various specialty's had been placed into cryo-stasis. Each and every Saiya-jin who had been put into cryo-stasis had been documented: their medical records, professions, even their life history and lineage. Everything had been noted so that all information about them could be retrieved and they could then be revived as they were needed to help rebuild a new Saiya-jin society.

The one thing their parents hadn't thought of though, was turning out to be the biggest problem they faced before they could have any chance at all of finding the lost Saiya-jin's in cryo-stasis.

Although Bardock and Vegeta Ou had revealed the existence of the lost ones and the saved repository of all Saiya-jin knowledge in the coded message they had sent their sons, they had left the instructions on how to find them with someone they could trust, but who was now beyond most mortal's reach.

"Koi, how long before we can gather the Dragonballs?" asked Vegeta, "there might be a way we can turn this to our advantage." Turning to look at his mate, he missed the puzzled look Kratz sent towards the Royal couple at the mention of Dragonballs. The powerful Ouji knew that the Dragonballs would be re-energized soon, but not how soon. "Umm, roughly another month, why? Even if you use them to revive him, there's no way he'll help us; not after how he died!" Trying to get comfortable the tall Kaa'ri rubbed his stomach soothingly, while trying to find a position sitting down that didn't annoy his newly sensitive tail. Finally giving up, he stood up and crossed over to his smaller Mate. "You've thought of something haven't you? You've found a way to turn this to our advantage? How, Koi?" Deciding that the best way to persuade his stubborn Mate to tell him what he'd come up with, was to hold him while emitting a sub-sonic purr, he wrapped his tail around the other's leg and then snuggled closer his Mate. Giving the younger Saiya-jin a look that said he knew exactly what he was up to, Vegeta merely closed his eyes and enjoyed the closeness of his Mate and said, "Now that, Koi........is a secret," and smirked!