Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Simple Wish ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: DBZ I do not own, Nor these Char's either. And though I do bitch and moan, the best I get's this…er… beaver. *Holds up beaver*

Author's notes: This chapter co-written with Vanyel Ashkevron, which is one of the reasons it took so long (that and a supreme case of Harry Potter obsession that seems to have eaten my life).

And thank you to everyone who's reviewed so far. Hugs, kisses and truckloads of Pocky for all of you! It really helps so feel free to review and/or nag at length! (E-mail nagging is accepted!) I still haven't been Flamed (though I guess that's a good thing cause then my 'nee-chan would be jealous) so I must be doing something right, and I hope everyone that isn't very much into Shounen-ai keeps reading anyway. (I couldn't bare to actually write a Lemon and all close contact in this fik is written by my 'nee-chan.)

Vanyel's Notes: Gomennasi minna! It's partially my fault this chapter took so long. The bases of this chapter was written up months ago, but since there was a bit of Vegeta exclusive stuff (real Vegeta, not wish Vegeta) I got the dubious honour of co-writing this chapter with my sister (mainly cause I've been told that I write Vegeta so IC it's freakish) and well, it's also my job to type the chapters up, and I've been to la~~zy to do so. Even my own fik's are suffering, but I've finally gotten around to typing up this chapter. I hope you enjoy minna!

A Simple Wish

Chapter Six:

It was easier to think now. Not so slow. Not so weighted down by the ridiculousness that had been inflicted on him. He still couldn't take full control, his mind was still fogged enough that it was virtually impossible.

So he had to sit and watch…sit helplessly and listen as he said, as he did those things.

It was insufferable. It was mortifying! He shuddered to imagine what he'd been doing before he'd begun to get his wits back.

Then again, the present was bad enough. If it wasn't bad enough that he'd managed to garner himself a moment of brief lucidity and found himself hugging an irritated Piccilo - his last moment of awareness had awakened him in Kakorotto's arms.

He'd tried to clue the fool in, attempted to let the man know that whatever madness had possessed his mind and body hadn't consumed him totally. He'd had enough time to wrench himself from Kakorotto's grip, give him his best 'what the hell do you think you're doing, moron?!' glare and grated out, "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

And the imbecile had simply sat there blinking. The complete moron! When whatever had been done to him was finally gone, he was going to beat that fool's spiky head into the ground!

And then he was going to give him a Senzu and do it again. After all, he could think easier now. He could see a little of what was going on…even if he couldn't take control and stop it. He knew that that damned Kakorotto was there most of the time, and he knew that 90% of his time was spent snuggled up against the taller Saiyan's side.

Insufferable! Intolerable! And completely and utterly mortifying! He would get revenge for this - he didn't care who or what had made this happen, he would get revenge!

His thoughts may have been coming to him easier now…but they were tinged with red, anger, revenge as much as they were tinged with fog.

And the piece of him that enjoyed waking up wrapped safely in Kakorotto's gentle embrace?

It. Didn't. Exist!

*******

Gokou sat at the end of his bed, his elbows propped on his knees and his head resting in his hands.

Bulma's words played over and over in his mind as he examined them, trying to find a way around them. Why was Bulma acting like this? Anyone would think that everything that had happened to Vegeta was Gokou's fault considering how much she yelled at him. It must have been the stress.

"Hmph!" He fell back to lie on his bed, stretching his arms out above his head and made a decision. He would sneak Vegeta out when his shift came up that night and bring the man back before sunrise. No one would know, and Bulma couldn't possibly find out.

----

Early evening came and found Gokou pacing up and down the hallway in front of the prince's room, waiting for Piccilo and worrying over his plan.

The door to Vegeta's room opened finally, and Piccilo stepped out on light feet and gave Gokou a warning look to be quiet before he pulled the door shut again.

"He's asleep." The Namekian said briskly, then disappeared down the hall in a swirl of his white cloak, which was looking a lot worse for wear from the day with Vegeta.

Gokou stood for a moment and wondered if he should have mentioned anything to Piccilo about his plan, but then decided it was probably for the best if he didn't. The Namekian looked like he had enough on his mind without Gokou adding to it.

Slowly he eased the door to Vegeta's room open and slipped himself inside, pausing after he had shut the door to contemplate the figure on the bed. Vegeta was curled up on his side, his head cushioned in the crook of one arm, and the other hanging off the side of the bed. It was probably better not to wake the man till after full dark, he decided, and so he settled himself near the single, heavily protected window and wished the sun would set sooner.

When the sun did finally begin to fall below the horizon, Gokou glanced over at Vegeta and contemplated waking him up, then shrugged. Vegeta would probably wake up in a better mood if he woke up on his own. That didn't stop him from trying to hurry things along a little though.

Every now and then, Vegeta would stir, but didn't wake. Even when Gokou 'accidentally' dropped things every once and a while.

As the hours passed, Gokou moved closer and closer to the bed, till he was sitting right next to it. For a while he simply watched the sleeping man. He hadn't really moved much in all the time Gokou had been in the room. He was still curled up on his side, his head resting in the crook of his arm, but now the other was resting lightly on the pillow beside his head, instead of flung out over the side of the bed.

As Gokou watched, Vegeta stirred slightly and, without really thinking about it, he reached out and ran the back of his hand down the sleeping Saiyan's cheek, resting it at his chin.

"Ahhh… Kakorotto…" Vegeta's eyelids slowly flickered open and Gokou pulled his hand back and jumped to his feet.

"You're awake! Ahhh… I'm taking you out. Tonight." As he spoke, Gokou moved out of the other man's reach.

" 'Out', my love?"

"Y…yes." Gokou nodded and turned so he was facing the wall, "You should change first."

----

After a few difficulties, including Gokou being hugged three times by a half naked Vegeta and one argument over proper attire, the two Saiyan's were ready to leave the Lookout.

Standing in the middle of the room, Gokou gave Vegeta a apprehensive look, "You…you ahhh… You have to be uhmm…touching me so I can use my Instant Transmission…"

Gokou was immediately glomped, Vegeta's strong arms wrapping around his waist and his face contentedly nuzzled into his chest.

Gokou went tense for a moment, his first urge to push the other man away in a panic; then he forced himself to relax and lifted two fingers to his forehead and searching out the safest 'Ki' he could think of. Instantly the two disappeared, reappearing seconds later, thousands of miles away from the Lookout…

…In a completely black room.

"Ahhh…" Gokou hesitated, peering around him and trying to see in the darkness, "This doesn't look right…"

"Who's there?!" The demand came out of the darkness on Gokou's left and the Saiyan turned his head in that direction.

"Relax. Krillin, it's me!"

"G…Gokou?!" Light suddenly flared as Krillin switched on the light and Gokou shielded his eyes, "What are you doing here? It's the middle of the ni…" His eyes focused on Vegeta. "What's he doing here?!" he shrieked.

At least he'd meant to shriek it. Before he'd gotten more than the first syllable out, Gokou's hand slapped over his mouth and all that really came out was an angry buzz.

"Krillin," Gokou's voice became almost weaselling, "he needs to get out of the Lookout, and where else could I take him?"

"Anywhere but here!" Krillin said emphatically and glared.

Gokou stared at his life-long friend for a moment; then changed the subject.

"Why are you sleeping on the couch?"

"Wha…? Ahhh…here. Well Eighteen…we… Well…" He blinked, "It doesn't really matter! Why don't you take him to your place?"

"Wh…what?!" Gokou's eyes went wide, "Are you crazy?! Chichi wouldn't even let him on the mountain much less into the house!"

Krillin frowned, "Didn't you know? Chichi is staying at Capsule Corp. to look after the boys while Bulma's working."

"She is?" At Krillin's firm nod, Gokou grinned. "Great! Thanks Krillin, and uhmm… Could you not mention this to anyone? I'm not exactly allowed too be doing this…"

Krillin nodded, "Sure, Gokou. Now would you please get him out of here? Before Eighteen notices."

---

It took till after they had finished flying the short trip to Mt. Paozu, and were entering the empty house, before Gokou realised that Vegeta had been unusually quiet during their quick visit to Krillin's. Normally the prince would 'attack' anyone and everyone that came into his sight, lavishing his wish-born love around without exception. Tonight he'd only left Gokou's side once they were out of Kame house and in the air; and even then he was staying close, sometimes bumping into Gokou's side as they flew.

Switching on the lights as he entered, Gokou watched Vegeta out of the corner of his eye as the man came into the house behind him, shutting the door once he was through it.

"Ahhh… Vegeta?" No response. "Are…are you alright?"

Vegeta looked up at Gokou slowly, his expression serious, and Gokou felt a twinge of uneasiness.

"Kakorotto…" Vegeta stared at him for a moment longer, then his mouth twitched upwards into a slight smirk and he launched himself at the taller man, latching his arms tightly around his neck even as they crashed to the floor. "So this is what you were planning." Vegeta nuzzled Gokou's neck, "A quiet place, just for us, where we wouldn't be interrupted."

Gokou's eyes widened, "What? I… No! I mean I…I didn't intend, I mean…that's… That's not why!"

Loosening his grip slightly, Vegeta pushed himself up, straddling Gokou's hips and staring down at him quizzically. "Then why bring me here, Kakorotto? Why did…" Abruptly Vegeta's expression changed, his eyes closing as if in pained concentration, "…Why did…did you…bring me…here, if not…if not too…"

"Ve… Vegeta?"

Slowly, Vegeta lifted a hand to his forehead.

"Vegeta! Are you alright?" Quickly, Gokou pushed himself up onto his elbows, attempting to sit up without sending the other Saiyan sprawling.

"Kakorotto… You're…worried about me…?"

Gokou's face creased in concern, "Of course I am! What's wrong?!"

Vegeta's eyes flashed open, "I don't need your concern, Kakorotto! Now get the hell out of my face!"

Caught by surprise, Gokou fell backwards as Vegeta pushed him sharply, landing with a grunt on the floor as the other man got quickly to his feet and backed up a step. Then the irritated prince's hand lifted to his forehead again, and he growled, the sound breaking off into a slight gasp.

"Ka… Kakorotto? Are you alright?" Vegeta was instantly at Gokou's side, helping him to sit up. "I didn't mean to push you so hard! Really I didn't. Are you hurt?"

Gokou shook his head absently at the question, his eyes on Vegeta's every move.

"Are you alright?"

"M…me?" Vegeta looked confused, "Of course I'm alright. Come on," Vegeta was suddenly pulling Gokou to his feet, "let's go sit down. Maybe get something to eat - then you'll feel better."

Numbly Gokou nodded and allowed himself to be dragged into the kitchen.

-

After eating enough to feed a small village, the two Saiyan's had made there way to the living room and were now relaxing on the couch, enjoying the piece and quiet.

Sitting not too far, yet not too close, to the man beside him, Gokou was leaning back against the couch, his hands behind his head as he stared up at the ceiling, his mind racing over the events of the night.

Here he was, in the last place he was supposed to be in, with the last person anyone would expect, doing what no one would think of. And to be honest, he was enjoying every minute of it.

His mind changed track slightly as he remembered the incident before they'd eaten.

Vegeta was gradually changing, his mind rebelling against the wish that had made him like he was so strongly that he was actually beginning to have small moments of lucidity. And that certainly wasn't all. That fierce will of his was also managing to dampen the effects of the wish.

Gokou thought back to earlier that night when they had been at Krillin's. The smaller Saiyan hadn't even made an attempt on Krillin when he'd seen the other man, simply stayed by Gokou's side the entire time they were there.

Gokou's thoughts were cut short as he felt a warm puff of breath against his cheek and a hand slipped under his shirt and ran over his lower abdomen.

"You know, Kakorotto…it's getting late." The hand moved a little higher. "Maybe we should be getting to bed…"

"What? Bed?!" Gokou jerked a few inches away from Vegeta's touch then took a breath and calmed himself. "R…right. Bed. You can take the bedroom. I'll ahhh… I'll just sleep out here."

Quickly, Gokou extracted himself from Vegeta and the couch and took the few steps needed to get to the closet the extra blankets were stored in and started getting what he'd need out of it and hoped sincerely that Vegeta wouldn't make a fuss.

"Are you sure, Kakorotto?" Vegeta asked quietly and Gokou could feel the other man's stare boring into him.

"Ahh…ahhh yeah. Yes. Yes. Very sure."

Vegeta's eyes narrowed slightly as Gokou kept his eyes fixed firmly on his task, then smoothed his expression and rose swiftly from the couch and grazed his lips lightly across Gokou's cheek in a chaste kiss before heading to the bedroom, calling a soft goodnight as the door closed.

Gokou stood silently, his hands wrapped firmly around a thick winter blanket, blinking like an idiot and staring down the hall after the other man. He hadn't thought Vegeta would give in so easily; he'd expected a verbal battle at least.

Kicking the closet shut with one foot, Gokou walked back over to the couch and threw the blanket down before kicking off his boots, then divesting his shirt and throwing it to the floor next to his discarded footwear.

Gokou's eyes wandered slightly to stare at the closed door to the bedroom again and he found himself having to suppress a brief feeling of disappointment. With a frown, Gokou yanked the blanket off of the couch then lay down and settled it around him, firmly shutting his eyes. He had nothing to be disappointed about. So with that thought firmly in his mind, he drifted off to sleep.

-

The moon was riding low on the horizon, shining light through a clear patch of the wispy clouds and directly into the Son household's lounge window when Gokou found himself waking with a start, the feel of soft fingers running themselves lightly down his bare chest and pulling him abruptly from his dreamless sleep.

Instantly Gokou's eyes snapped open and he looked quickly around the moonlit room until his eyes came to a darkened figure standing easily by the end of the couch, arms crossed over their chest.

Gokou relaxed when he saw the familiar stance and pushed himself up on one arm, running his free hand through his hair.

"Kakorotto." The word was breathed out, "I didn't mean to wake you. I was just lonely."

Gokou blinked sleepily and tried to get his brain to function, "Oh…"

The two men remained silent for a moment, then Gokou yawned and, sitting up properly, hooked his arm around one knee for balance and ran his other hand down his face.

A smile, close to being a smirk, tugged at Vegeta's lips as the small Saiyan watched the other man pulling himself into wakefulness. The smile became a fully-fledged smirk a moment later, as Gokou's eyes finally focused properly on Vegeta and became wide in accompaniment of an unmistakable blush.

Gokou's mind was racing, attempting to throw off the last vestiges of sleep as he felt his cheeks quickly heating at the sight of the half naked man before him. A quick glance at Vegeta's smirk revealed that the other man had noticed Gokou's blush and in turn it made him blush deeper.

Why was he blushing? It was just Vegeta. Well, a half naked Vegeta. But it wasn't anything he hadn't seen before. Against his will the image of Vegeta, naked and fresh from the shower rose in Gokou's mind and he was suddenly certain that if his cheeks got any hotter he'd be able to fry eggs.

This was affecting him too much. The taller Sayian shook his head slightly and attempted to calm himself. He was still half asleep and it was messing with his senses.

"Kakorotto…" Gokou came out of his thoughts quickly as he felt Vegeta's hand on his bare shoulder and the smaller man knelt with one knee on the couch, leaning in close. "Could I stay out here…with you?"

Gokou's mind went blank again, "Wha…? Out…out here? Wh…why? I mean… You… There…"

"Please, Kakorotto."

For some odd reason, Gokou was finding the way Vegeta's fingertips were gently running through the hair at the base of his neck very distracting. "I…I guess…"

Vegeta's reaction was instantaneous. Strong arms twined firmly around Gokou's shoulders and he lay down abruptly as Vegeta made himself comfortable sprawled over top of him and began to nuzzle his neck.

"V…Vegeta!" Gokou protested, startled.

"Kakorotto…" Moving his nuzzling slightly higher, Vegeta began to trace his tongue lightly along Gokou's jaw and the taller Saiyan shivered.

"Vegeta. You…you can't…" One of Vegeta's hands was moving, tracing along Gokou's left arm and then moving over onto his chest. Barely even breathing, Gokou focused on the hand as it moved slowly, making small, lazy circles on the taller man's skin as it went towards its target.

Why wasn't he stopping him? And what was Vegeta doing with his hand? What…? For a brief moment the image of exactly what Vegeta was planning on doing with his hands came to mind and Gokou sat up abruptly, nearly hurling the smaller Saiyan onto the floor.

Catching his balance, Vegeta sat, straddling Gokou's lap and both arms now firmly around Gokou's neck. "Kakorotto?"

"Let go of me!" Gokou's voice was nearly panicked.

"But you said I could stay out here." Vegeta protested, tightening his grip.

"To sleep, to sleep!"

Vegeta almost looked as if he were pouting. "Kakorotto…"

"No!" Grabbing onto Vegeta's arms, Gokou started trying to pry them off of him. "I only said you could sleep out here, nothing else. Go back to the bedroom."

"You want too…"

"No! Alone. I'm staying right here!"

Vegeta frowned. "But, Kakor…" he paused then sighed, "Then I'll sleep."

"Huh?" Gokou paused in his efforts to dislodge the other man from around his neck.

"We'll just sleep, I won't do anything else."

Gokou stared at him.

Vegeta growled, "I give you my word."

"Ahhh…"

"Please?"

"Just sleep?"

"Just sleep." Vegeta confirmed.

"I…I guess…"

With a sigh, Vegeta let Gokou lay back down, then cuddled up next to him carefully on the couch, one arm wound possessively around Gokou's waist, and let the other man pull the blankets around them and then settled down to sleep.

----

Chichi mused over how peacefully quiet it was as she walked the familiar path to her house, enjoying the early morning sunshine and memorable fragrances that surrounded the Mt Paozu area this time of year.

The woman stopped in front of the door and stole a last piece of the peaceful air before swinging the door to the building open and walking in, intent on getting a few things she had left behind in her haste to get she and Goten settled in at Capsule corp.

Panting a little for the long walk, Chichi headed for the kitchen first, a glass of water the first thing on her mind, and then she left the small kitchen to cut through the lounge on her way to the bedrooms. At least she intended too. Pausing at the kitchen table, Chichi blinked and glared at the multitude of dirty dishes that covered it. She hadn't left any of the washing up to do when she'd left; everything had been spotless.

Chichi's eyes narrowed in realization and she continued on her way to the living room. Her wrath about to settle on the husband that she knew was home when he was supposed to be up at Kami's Lookout caring for that Vegeta.

Yet again she didn't make it passed the kitchen doorway. From where she stood, Chichi had a perfectly clear vision of her living room sofa, and who was lying upon it. Sound asleep and half naked was none other than her own dear husband. And snuggled up to him, equally lacking in the clothing department and looking quite comfortable, was Vegeta.

If the Son family had have been living in the city then the scream of rage that Chichi issued would have roused people streets away.

End Chapter Six (Finally ^_^)

****

Author End Notes: Well so sorry to keep you all waiting for so long but my 'nee-chan was the one who actually got me to read my first Harry Potter fic and then I just got hooked!! But I promise to get the next parts out really soon. ^_^

Hope you all enjoy this chappy, if it ever gets posted because my 'nee-chan will NOT stop talking and it's pretty off putting…and now she's dissing what I write before I've finished the sentence. And now she's threatening me with a coat hanger. A red one. She's calling me names now; Well…I am on her computer J

Well gotta go…and I am notallergic to space bars!!!!!

Vanyel End Notes: ^_^. All finished! And we even have an idea for the start of the next chapter so there is a 65% chance that the next chapter will be out much faster then this one was. Also, if any of you out there in Fanfik land read my DBZ fik 'Bound' rest assured it is being worked on, it's just slow and a little difficult. I'm planning on a DBZ binge sometime soon to try and get my motivation back so hopefully it won't be long till it's out. (And she is too allergic to spacebar's. Ever time she started a new sentence from the corner I had to pipe up 'Space!')

ReAd AnD rEvIeW!!