Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Simple Wish ❯ Chapter Eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ - but one day, one day I will!

 

A/N: English DBGT is evil. After watching a few of the episodes on TV I have decided the English voice actors suck, they don't get into it the way the Japanese's do. It all sounds so...lame. And the bloody opening! What the hell?!

Was DBZ like that in English? I don't remember. (sorry for the mini rant!)

On another note - I have never read any DBZ fanfiction (shocking isn't it?), apart from my sister's fic, and I was thinking that it sort of puts me at a disadvantage because I don't know what's been overdone and I don't know all of the typical endings or anything. So if I'm doing some of those things - please tell me!

I would really appreciate it!

 

 

Chapter Eleven -

 

Krillin stared out his kitchen window, his expression clearly stating his mind was elsewhere; he almost wished Yamcha would come back - he was that bored. Of course Eighteen wouldn't be impressed if the other man turned up again, his wife had gone to great pains to get rid of him in the first place. Krillin yawned, "Might go have a nap." He muttered to himself.

Opening his bedroom door, Krillin turned to close it behind him when suddenly Gokou appeared in front of him, standing for a moment before falling to his knees.

"G-Gokou?" Krillin said shakily; the Saiyan looked like he'd been to hell and back...at least ten times."Are you a-alone?" He added nervously, taking quick glances around the room. When Gokou didn't answer, Krillin looked at him a little harder.

"Gokou wha-?" Krillin stopped dead as his oldest friend finally looked up, staring him straight in the eyes.

What the hell happened?

-

Drying her eyes, Bulma continued apologising for her sudden breakdown, she was so embarrassed. Out of all the people to see this, it had to be Yamcha.

She took a deep breath, " I-I should get back to work."

"Oh...y-yeah, of course," Yamcha replied, a hint of disappointment in his voice. "I'll see you." He added heading to the door but stopped as he reached for the handle, "If you ever need someone to talk to...I'm always here for you." And with that, he left.

"Thank-you." Bulma said softly as the door clicked shut.

-

"Muuummmm!" Goten whined for what felt like the millionth time that day,"I wanna go see Dad!"

"For the last time Goten, NO!" Chi Chi said, her temper rising. The poor boy would be scarred for life if he were to visit his their home on Mt Paozu where Gokou was staying with that Vegeta, she sure as hell was. Nothing could ever remove that image from her mind.

Chi Chi glanced at the crestfallen look on her sons face, she would love to say 'Yes! Of course you can go see your Father' but god only knows what scene the demi Saiyan would be greeted with, she didn't even want to imagine what he would come back thinking.

Chi Chi sighed, she had been so sure Gokou would come to his senses and return after a while...but that just didn't happen. And she was sure that it wouldn't happen, not after what happened at the lookout, maybe she shouldn't have yelled at him? He was obviously not enjoying the way the situation was affecting his family. But he made a choice that day, when he walked away from her, he chose Vegeta. That's not to say he walked away from his family, no, he walked away from her.

And she understood why.

-

Krillin was at a loss as to what to do, Gokou hadn't said a word since his sudden appearance and it didn't look like he was going to anytime soon. The Saiyan had moved from his kneeling position on the floor (with Krillins help) over to the bed, sitting with his head in his hands.

Krillin didn't know what happened and he wasn't sure he wanted to, but from the look in Gokou's eyes it was bad. Really bad. Krillin had never seen such a look of such anguish on anyone's face and he certainly never expected to see it on Gokou's.

Despite himself, Krillin couldn't help but think about what could have possibly caused this, perhaps Chi Chi and Gokou had another fight? Not even close, he thought. Well, then, what?

...Vegeta. Oh kami! Had he somehow become worse? And how so? Was he more forceful?

Or...or "Did Vegeta molest you?!" Krillin blurted out without thinking.

Gokou looked up sharply, "What?!"

"Vegeta, it's him isn't it? That's got you in this state." Krillin said with slight triumph in his voice.

"I-It's...complicated." Gokou started, unknowingly repeating Piccilo's words from earlier, "And it's my fault...all my fault."

-

Piccilo needed to see Dende, he had so many questions going through his mind and he wanted the answers. Now.

Vegeta had searched the Son house twice now and was in the middle of searching it a third time convinced Gokou was in there somewhere. When he finally emerged from the house, Vegeta looked at Piccilo, disappointment evident on his face.

"We're going to the lookout." Piccilo stated, leaving no room for argument.

"Will Kakarotto be there?" The Saiyan asked hopefully.

"...Maybe." Piccilo answered, not wanting to get the mans hopes up to high; the Namiekian knew exactly where Gokou would be, but he wasn't about to share that information.

They both took to the air, heading towards the lookout.

-

Krillin stared at Gokou for the longest time after he'd finished his story of what had occurred on the mountain - he didn't get it. The way the Saiyan explained it, it sounded as though Gokou had been...jealous. Over Vegeta.

Krillin knew he must have gotten the wrong end of the stick, there was just no way it could be what he was thinking.

Could it?

"Gokou, it's not like...like y-you...you know." Krillin tried to say, his voice hopeful.

Gokou stared at his friend for a long moment, he'd expected something a little more...coherent than that. After all, he had just poured his heart out to him and that's all he could say?

"Krillin, were you even listening?" Gokou questioned, his voice not sounding nearly as tired as he actually felt.

"Yes!" Krillin said indignity."Of course I was listening!"

"Well, then you already know the answer to that question don't you?"

The shorter man stared at Gokou disbelievingly, did that mean...

"...No?" Krillin answered, his voice hopeful once again. If he denied it to himself enough maybe he could convince Gokou of the same.

"What do you mean 'No'?" Gokou sighed, Krillin was going to make this difficult. Just what he needed.

"I-I mean, I don't get what you're trying to say...because it just can't be what I'm thinking Gokou, it just can't."

"Why don't you tell me what you're thinking and I'll tell you whether or not you've got it right?" The Saiyan suggested, he could feel the beginnings of a headache coming on.

"Ok..." Krillin said, suddenly unsure of himself, what if he had gotten it totally wrong? And it was nothing of the sort, Gokou would be less then impressed with his theory. But if he was right...

"Er...actually Gokou, why don't you try explaining it to me again - just in case I got it wrong." Krillin said, shifting nervously.

Gokou sighed. Again.

It seemed he was going to have to spell it out for his friend.

-

Bulma tapped her foot in frustration, she still hadn't gotten anywhere with her research and her patience was starting to wear thin. She went over the wording of the wish in her head over and over again but there was just nothing there to find. Bulma had been so sure it was the key to solving the problem of Vegeta's sudden change, but, as she had found out, it wasn't.

But then, what could it be?

She didn't even know where to go from here, the best she could come up with was that Vegeta had just spent more time with Gokou then anyone else, but she knew that wasn't it. Vegeta had only spent more time with the other Saiyan after his sudden change; so in reality she didn't have anything at all.

A knock at the door brought Bulma to the present and she stood quickly, trying to look alert.

"Come in."

The door opened to revel a mildly confused looking Chi Chi,"There was a message..." The black-haired women trailed off, seemingly having something of an internal battle with herself, standing there for a good few minutes before speaking again.

"It's Vegeta, he's d-" Before Chi Chi could finish, Bulma was next to her, her expression one of worry.

"What? What's happened?! If that Gokou did anything I'll-"

" 'That Gokou' didn't do anything!" Chi Chi snapped in defence of her wayward husband. "Vegeta was with Piccilo most of the day on Mt Paozu before they headed to the lookout."

Bulma blinked. "Then what is it?"

"Well, it seems Vegeta has...er...disappeared." Chi Chi laughed nervously.

"D-Disappeared?" The aqua-haired women said faintly. "How could he have 'disappeared'?"

"I'm not sure, Piccilo didn't really say, just that Vegeta had left the lookout unattended and he thought we should know; they're out looking for him now though." She tried to reassure the frantic women.

"I knew something like this would happen! But Gokou just didn't listen, he never listens, he should have stayed away!" Bulma paused. "Where is he?" She demanded.

"They don't know Bulma, they were having a discussion and then he was just gone -"

"No," Bulma interrupted. "Gokou. Where is Gokou?"

"Oh...well I'm not sure."

"Well find out!" Bulma shrieked, "He is your husband! And wherever Gokou is, Vegeta won't be too far behind." She stated in obvious disgust.

-

Piccilo was not impressed.

He had better things to do than track down runaway Saiyans, even if he knew exactly where they were. It was the principal of the thing.

Vegeta would have no doubt gone back to the mountain, hoping the other Saiyan would have returned and when he didn't find him, he'd head straight to Krillins.

This should be interesting. The Namekian took to the air, heading towards Krillins. No point wasting time.

-

"Gohan!"

The boy in question jumped at the sound of his Mother's voice, standing up at once. "Y-Yes?" He answered nervously.

"We're going to find your Father, get ready!"

"Wha...what do you mean 'find' him? Isn't he at home?" Confused, Gohan followed his Mother through to the living area, waiting for an explanation.

"No, he is not at home, he left earlier today...alone." She added with a significant look toward her son.

"But, then where's Vegeta?"

"We...er...don't know. But that's why we have to find your Father - wherever he is, Vegeta won't be too far away." Chi Chi said, repeating Bulma's words.

"How are we supposed to find Dad?" Gohan asked, once again following his Mother.

"Piccilo said he left the mountain upset - where do you think he is?" Chi Chi said sarcastically.

"Krillins..." Gohan breathed out.

But why was his Father upset?

What happened?

-

Trunks and Goten blinked as Chi Chi, followed by Gohan, marched towards the Capsule corp. plane to meet a very irate looking Bulma.

"What are they doing?" Goten whispered.

The pair peeked around the bush they were hiding behind in time to see Gohan quickly board the plane as Bulma yelled at him.

"I don't know, should we get a little closer?" Trunks said, motioning to the bush a few yards head of them.

Goten nodded and they set about getting there without being seen. Once there the demi-Saiyans could clearly hear Bulma's impatient voice.

"Chi Chi! Would you hurry up!" She yelled, leaning out of the small window of the plane. "You're wasting time, at this rate we'll get there and Gokou will have left!"

"Dad! They're gonna go see Dad!" Goten said excitedly, almost giving them away.

"That means my Dad will be there too! Lets follow them!"

And so, when the trio took off, unbeknownst to them, they were followed.

-

"Okay...but I'm still not sure I understand, it sounds like you were jealous, Gokou." Krillin said after the Saiyan finished his story for the second time. "I mean, come on, it just sounds so..." The shorter man trailed off, still finding it all a little too much.

"Krillin," Gokou started, his voice slightly strained."I was jea-"

"I get it!" Krillin said, suddenly leaping to his feet and pointing at the other man."You were trying to protect Piccilo! You know you really shouldn't have worried so much, Gokou; Piccilo can take care of himself."

Gokou stared at Krillin incredulously, his mouth slowly falling open in shock at how dense his best friend was acting.

"No, Krillin. I -"

"Did Piccilo thank you for saving him?"

"Wha...Krillin you don-"

"I see, Piccilo was embarrassed he had to be saved! I wish I could have seen his face, it would have been priceless!"

"...Would you just listen to me, I'm trying to tell you that I'm -"

"Mhmm Mhmm..." Krillin nodded, his arms crossed over his chest."But I would be embarrassed too, who wouldn't be?"

"Krillin!" Gokou growled, standing up and facing the smaller man.

"It's alright though, I'm sure Piccilo will apologise in his own way sooner or later." Krillin said, unaware of the sudden flow of intense energy swirling around the other man. "I mean, all this fuss over something so simple - and here I was thinking you'd gone and fallen for Vegeta..." Krillin laughed at the thought. "I feel like such an idiot! What was I thinking? I have no idea, but you know what? It was starting to make sense, you know? You two alone all the time and the way you were always being protective of him - not that I'm saying it's true...just that it would have made a lot of sense. Both of you have always had this...I don't know, just your own little thing going on, like your own secret or something." Krillin shuddered."And the way Vegeta looks at you...it creeps me out. I can't believe what I was thinking though, I know you better than that, you couldn't feel that way for Vegeta and what's mor-"

"KRILLIN! I'M IN LOVE WITH VEGETA!"

Krillin froze completely, one hand raised as he paused mid-sentence.

"Y-you...you...you..."

Gokou ran a shaky hand through his hair, the tense energy around him slowly draining away. "Krillin...I..." The Saiyan begun, not sure who was in the most shock at the outburst; he or Krillin. "...I..."

"Kakarotto!!"

Gokou looked passed Krillin in time to see Vegeta, the man he had just declared his love for, run through the open doorway.

"Kakarotto, I knew you loved me!" The Saiyan prince said, his eyes partially sparking as he wrapped his arms around Gokou's waist.

The taller Saiyan stood dumbfounded as Vegeta held him close, the mans hair tickling his chin slightly. "V-Vegeta..." He whispered faintly before his eyes focused back on the doorway. Chi Chi lay on the ground, half in the door and half out, obviously having fainted. Beside her prone form stood a very anxious looking Gohan and two very stunned looking little boys.

He made to step forward but stopped as Bulma came into view, her expression blank as she stared at him.

A long silence followed with only the contented sound of Vegeta's purring as he snuggled closer to his love.

"Does this mean we're brothers now?" Goten asked into the silence, motioning between himself and Trunks.

The innocent question immediately brought Bulma out of her shocked state."Of course not!" She snapped, her eyes never leaving Gokou's. "Don't be ridiculous."

"But," Goten started, lifting his hand to point at his Father and Vegeta."Dad just said that h-"

"It doesn't matter!" Bulma said, finally looking away from Gokou to look at the demi Saiyans."Now go wait outside by the plane." When neither of them moved the aqua-haired women turned to Piccilo who was standing in the safety of the hallway, trying to look as through he wasn't really there."Piccilo will take you down. Now!" She added when all three of them seemed reluctant to move.

Piccilo muttered something to himself before leading the two boys outside.

Silence fell once again.

Gokou tried to look anywhere but at Bulma and instead found himself staring at Gohan who was looking right back at him wearing an unreadable expression; Gokou quickly looked away.

Meanwhile, Krillin stood in exactly the same position he had been in when Gokou had first yelled, one hand still raised in the air, his eyes slightly unfocused and his mouth moving silently as he tried to form coherent speech. It didn't seem to be working.

Bulma took a deep breath as she prepared to speak and noticed, with little satisfaction, that Gokou filched; obviously dreading what the aqua-haired women would have to say.

She was almost sorry to disappoint him. Almost.

"Well, now that we have that out in the open, how about some tea?"

The taller Saiyan blinked a few times before saying, "What?"

"What's done is done Gokou," She said wearily, bringing a hand up to rub her tried eyes. "I can't say I wasn't expecting something like this - not that I approve of it mind you...and besides, it will blow over and everything will be back to normal as soon as we get rid of this wish." She finished, her hand now resting on her hip.

"What is that suppose to mean?!" Gokou cried indignantly, the man in his arms tensing at her words.

"Oh Gokou, something like this was bound to happen," Bulma answered, shaking her head in a condescending manner. "And if it wasn't you, it would have been some other poor fool, don't you see? It's the wish."

Gokou opened his mouth to reply but was cut off when Vegeta broke away from him, stepping into clear view of Bulma. "Are you doubting our love?" he demanded.

"Vegeta!" Bulma said hastily, "No...Of course not."

"Can't you see it just by looking at us?" Vegeta took half a step backwards and grabbed Gokou's hand with one of his own, "We were made for each other."

"O-of course you were." Bulma agreed placating.

Vegeta growled dangerously at her tone of voice and tightened his grip on Gokou's hand."You're just jealous of our happiness!" he snapped.

"Jealous?" Bulma said, suddenly indignant, "Jealous of a wish? I don't think so!"

Vegeta paused uncertainly, "Y-you keep saying that." he turned to look back at Gokou who looked at the floor, avoiding Vegeta's eyes. He turned back to Bulma, "What wish?"

"I-It's...complicated." She stuttered.

"Complicated? Did something happen to Kakarotto?" Vegeta asked concerned.

Bulma saw her chance and grabbed it, "Yes! He's been under the effects of a wish for some time now."

"A...a wish?"

Bulma nodded."Yes, it was an accident and it makes him feel things he wouldn't usually feel for people."

"Bulma," Gokou said, with growing agitation, "what are you...?"

The aqua-haired woman stared at Gokou meaningfully, "I think it's better for Vegeta to hear this, don't you?" she said firmly then turned her gaze back to Vegeta. "So, Vegeta..." she continued gently, "because of the wish, Gokou can't really be in love with you."

"He...he doesn't...?" Vegeta suddenly turned back to Gokou, his expression slightly pleading, "Y-you don't love me? T-that's not true, right? She's lying, right?"

Gokou kept his gaze fixed on Bulma, "Bulma..." he began, growling the name out between clenched teeth.

"Of course not!" Bulma said loudly, straight over Gokou, "I wouldn't lie. He doesn't love you, he just thinks he does because of the wish. Why do you think he tried to leave you? He knows he doesn't really love you but he can't help it because of the wish. Do you understand now, Vegeta? Being around him so much, you're only making him unhappy and forcing him to love you. You should come home." she added firmly. "To Capsule Corp. where your family is."

As Bulma spoke, Gokou was getting madder and madder until he was literally seeing red. How dare she! She was deliberately lying to Vegeta, manipulating him for her own ends. He could understand that she wanted her husband back. He could even understand that she probably hated Gokou now for how much the other saiyan had clung to the taller man after the wish had been made. But he didn't...just couldn't understand why she would lie to Vegeta and be so cruel as to belittle Gokou's own feelings like she was. He couldn't stand it. He wanted to....wanted to...

He was jerked out of his angry thoughts suddenly by the taste of copper in his mouth and it took him a moment to realise that he had bitten through his bottom lip.

"K-Kakarotto...?"

Gokou switched his gaze from Bulma to Vegeta and met the man's bewildered and slightly pained gaze. It was then that he realised that he still had Vegeta's hand in his own and he was holding it in a grip that could have easily crushed a mountain to dust.

He eased his grip on Vegeta's hand and turned his eyes back to Bulma. "That's...not true." he said lowly.

"Gokou!" Bulma took a step forward, her hand raised slightly. "He deserves to be with his family. You can't possibly love him, the wish..."

"Stop it!" Gokou tightened his grip on Vegeta's hand again without even realising it and pulled the man closer to him, "Stop lying to him! I know you want him to go home, Bulma, but that's no reason to lie!"

"I'm not..."

Gokou growled in annoyance and then released Vegeta's hand and turned the shorter man towards him, taking his shoulders. "The wish was cast on you, Vegeta. Trunks and Goten..."

"Gokou, stop it! Vegeta, don't listen to him!" Bulma took another step forward and Gokou snapped his gaze back to her, his eyes angrier than she'd ever seen them.

"I said stop it, Bulma! That's enough! The last thing Vegeta needs right now is for someone as close to him as you are to be lying to him when what he really needs is their support. You have no right to lie to him."

"But if I don't then he'll think that..."

"What?! That I actually love him? Even though it's true?"

"Gokou, you can't-"

"It's true! You can deny it all you like, you can even blame it on the wish if you want too, but that has nothing to do with me! Everything I'm feeling, I'm feeling because that's the way I feel! No matter what you say, I love Vegeta. You can't change that."

"But..." Bulma narrowed her eyes, "What about Chi Chi? Your wife."

"I...that's..." Gokou lowered his eyes to the floor for a moment then lifted them again, "Chi Chi already knows and I think...she understands. Bulma, I can't change the way I feel; don't try and make me."

"I...I..." Bulma had tears in her eyes as she stared at Gokou in frustration, "I..."

"I," Vegeta suddenly said over the top of her, "think you people need to tell me what the hell is going on here."

"Vegeta!" Gokou exclaimed, staring at the smaller man.

"V-Vegeta...? What...?" Bulma's expression changed to one of confusion.

"I'm glad you both remember who I am!" The saiyan snapped and stepped back slightly so he could catch them both in a fierce glare. "Now what's going on?!"

"Oh..." Gokou put his free hand behind his head and laughed nervously. "W-we were just talking a-about err...you know...stuff..."

Vegeta turned the full heat of his gaze onto Gokou, "Stuff." he repeated, very precisely.

"Ahh...ahhh...yeah...stuff...just...stuff..."

"Just stuff."

"Yeah...just stuff..."

"Wish stuff?"

"Yeah, wish stuf-" Gokou stopped, "Err..."

Vegeta narrowed his eyes, "What, exactly, did Trunks and Goten do?"

"Trunks and Goten..."

"Vegeta..." Bulma suddenly seemed to come out of her initial shock, "Vegeta, is that really...really you?"

Vegeta turned his head in her direction with annoyance, "Of course it's me, stupid woman! Who else would it be!?"

"But...but you're...you're normal!"

Vegeta scowled and turned back to Gokou, growling, "What did Trunks and Goten do?"

"Oh...they...they just..." Gokou began hesitantly, but was interrupted by Bulma.

"No! Don't you tell him anything until you explain to me why he's normal!"

"I-it happens, from time-to-time..."

"It happens from time-to-time?!" Bulma exclaimed, "What do you mean 'it happens from time-to-time'?!"

"W-well, sometimes he just goes like this, back to normal." Gokou tried to explain quickly.

"He...he...." Bulma's hands curled into tight fists, "Why didn't you tell me this?!"

"Well...you said not to disturb you unless it was important...I didn't think..."

"You didn't think it was important?!" The woman exclaimed incredulously. "How could you not think it was important?!"

"Well you seemed so angry last time...I thought you wouldn't want to know..."

Bulma's breathing was coming in deep gasps and she had to shut her eyes to force herself to focus. "You didn't think...I'd want to know...that my husband...was turning back to normal?!"

Vegeta's eyes were suddenly on her, gleaming with suppressed fury, "Woman!" he growled, "No one cares what you want to, or seem to think you should have known. This doesn't concern you, now get out of my sight." He turned his back on her and glared at Gokou, "What do Trunks and Goten have to do with this wish?!" he demanded.

"T-Trunks and Goten..." Gokou began, but found he couldn't take his gaze from Bulma. The woman suddenly looked like she was about to burst into tears at any second, "They....they...B-Bulma...?"

Bulma looked up long enough to meet Gokou's eyes, then suddenly turned and, pushing passed a stunned looking Gohan, fled out the door.

Gokou managed to take two steps after her before Vegeta planted a hand firmly on his chest and stopped him.

"I...I'll go after her..." Gokou looked over at Krillin appreciatively as the man ran from the room after the distressed woman then turned back to Vegeta.

"V-Vegeta...Trunks and Goten...they didn't mean too. They were just trying to help...so you shouldn't be hard on them..."

"T-Trunks and Goten?" Vegeta stared up at Gokou in confusion, "What are you talking about? Where did Bulma and Krillin go? K-Kakarotto? What's going on?"

"Err...w-what do you remember?"

"Remember? B-Bulma was saying...saying that...saying you d-didn't...that you didn't really lo-"

"It was a misunderstanding." Gokou cut him off, his voice firm.

"A misunderstanding?" The wish bound Saiyan said hopefully."You mean you really do love me?"

"Ahhh...okay." Gokou said nervously.

Vegeta's eyebrows drew together as he frowned, "Kakar-?" He begun in confusion.

"Gohan!" Gokou said suddenly turning to the boy still standing in the doorway. "What are you still doing here?"

Gohan pointed to himself as if to make sure his Father was talking to him, "Me?" He asked. "Well...I-I'm still...you see Mum...and she...yeah, I'm still here."

"So, how have you been?" Gokou questioned awkwardly, trying to ignore the growing pressure of the hand tightening around his own.

Gohan sheepishly put a hand behind his head, "Yeah...umm...good, I've been good. Passed my exams." He added.

"Really? That's good..." Gokou shifted his arm uncomfortably, "Uhm...your Mum will be happy."

"Y-yeah...she was."

"A-and how's she been?"

"Kakarotto..." The low growl came from Vegeta and Gokou avoided his gaze.

"Oh...well maybe we've been here long enough..." He said wretchedly, "You'll get your mum home safe...right?"

"Yeah, Dad. Sure."

"Good. We'll err...be going then. Uhmm...bye..."

Gokou barely got the words out before Vegeta pulled him firmly by the hand he still held to the open window and they flew out it on their way to Mt Paozu.

Directly below the window, Piccilo crossed his arms over his chest and watched the two go, his expression unreadable.

------------------------------

 

End A/N: Well...that was...er...interesting. You see, the last chapter screwed up all my plans for the rest of the fic so everything from then on is...complicated. The ending has even changed now (for like the...sixth time).

A BIG thank-you to my sister for helping me (again) with Vegeta, who I can not write to save myself and for her ever annoying chatter that kept putting me off and making me do the most horrible spelling mistakes imaginable!

Thank-you to all who reviewed! I love you all!

Please R&R!

~Justice-hime