Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Simple Wish ❯ Chapter Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine-Mine...Not.

 

A/N: Okay, I lied. I do know how it ends. But you don't, so what the hell are you doing reading the author notes?!

Enjoy the ride!!

 

 

 

Chapter Fifteen

 

The months, weeks and days leading to when the wish on Vegeta would be lifted went passed quickly and Gokou soon found himself in the final week. It was the final count down until Vegeta would be back.

He tried busying himself with many tasks, all of which always brought him back to square one with nothing to do but think about his impending doom. Unlike most people, Vegeta would fly right past the humiliation caused by the wish and fly straight into his anger; in other words, he was going to beat the shit out of Gokou and there wasn't a thing he could do about it. Vegeta would confront him about his actions, he would want to know why Gokou let wish Vegeta...well, do what he did. What was he supposed to say?

"I'm sorry Vegeta, but spending all that time with you made me realise I was in love with you." Gokou said aloud, trying it out.

He shook his head. No, that would not go down well.

"You see Vegeta, I love you." Nope.

"Oh, that...well you see I love you and you're such a good kisser I couldn't help myself!" Definitely not.

"Hahaha...funny story actually..." Don't even finish that sentence, he thought as he lifted himself off the couch, walking slowly into the kitchen.

"Vegeta," He started firmly, picturing the other Saiyan standing in front of him. "I think I'm in love with you."

"Err...Dad?"

Gokou jumped slightly at his sons voice and turned to face him, smiling sheepishly. "Gohan! How long have you been...err... standing there?"

"Umm...a while now." He said, suppressing a smile.

"Oh." Gokou laughed slightly, rubbing the back of his head with his hand, "Sorry."

"It's okay." Gohan shook his head in amusement, "You know, you don't have to be so anxious, Dad." The boy added, "I'm sure Vegeta will understand.... once he gets over it."

Gokou sighed, "Y-yeah...maybe..."

"C'mon, what's the worst that can happen?"

Vegeta could tell me how much despises me before he blows me into a thousand tiny pieces. "...I'll send you a postcard from the Other World." He replied humourlessly.

Gohan laughed nervously. "Oh, it probably won't be that bad..." he trailed off.

Gokou ran his hand through his hair again and offered Gohan a smile, "You're right. I'm worrying over nothing. It's just... I just..."

"Everything will be fine." Gohan said soothingly and Gokou nodded.

Yeah...everything would be fine. And if he told himself that enough...maybe he'd believe it.

 

-

 

Yamcha screamed in time with Bulma as she had her second contraction, his eyes going wide when she suddenly stood up and paced the floor in front of him, breathing heavily. She had been in the middle of doing the dishes when an intensely sharp pain in the base of her back, and the loud sound of a plate smashing as it hit the ground, heralded the beginning of Bulma's second experience with childbirth.

Yamcha stood up from his position on the floor, his expression anxious.

"Yamcha," Bulma gritted out, her pacing speeding up. "Call Jan, the number...is beside the phonAHHHHHH!"

"Bulma!" Yamcha leaped towards her only to be forcibly pushed out of the kitchen and into the hallway, the words 'Phone. Now.' chasing him from the room.

Bulma leaned against the counter, sighing when the pain reduced slightly. Whoever said the second time round was easier; lied.

Yamcha burst back into the room, almost tripping in his haste to get back to Bulma. "I...I...she's on her way." He said in a rush.

"Good," Bulma said, absently rubbing her lower back to try and ease the pain. "Help me to the couch."

The darked-haired man nodded and gently took her arm, guiding her out of the kitchen.

"Yamcha, I'm not going to break you know." She said, her tone patronizing.

"Oh...y-yeah." He muttered, his grip not changing.

The two entered the lounge when another contraction hit, the pain causing Bulma to lean on to Yamcha for support; both stumbling a moment before Yamcha adjusted to the full weight of his partner against him.

The aqua-haired woman cried out as the pain continued, her body shaking with the effort to keep from sliding out of Yamcha's loose grip and onto the floor.

"I...the floor. Put me on the floor." She managed to get out, her hands gripping Yamcha's shirt tightly as he lowered her down, sighing when her back hit the floor, relaxing slightly.

"AAHHHHHH!" Bulma threw her head to the side, her fingernails clawing at the carpet as another contraction ripped through her, the pain unbearable as her body began to push without consent. "Nonononono..." She mumbled, breathless.

Her water hadn't broken; she shouldn't be pushing yet.

Yamcha jumped when the door flew open but sighed when a thin blonde woman rushed through it. "How far apart are the contractions." She asked instantly, kneeling down beside Bulma.

"Ahh..." He said, his mind blank with relief now that their midwife had arrived.

"Has her water broken yet?" The blonde woman, Jan, asked.

Yamcha shook his head and began rubbing Bulma's hand, wanting to help ease her pain. "Is that a bad thing?"

Jan smiled at Yamcha, "No, could you grab that cushion for me please?" She asked before opening her bag and pulling out a hospital sealed bag with what looked like a knitting needle in it and a few towels. "Put it under her head." Jan said, now opening up a sheet and covering Bulma from her waist down. "Bulma, I'm going to have to break your water for you; you'll feel a small pop before the water comes out but it's nothing to worry about okay?"

Bulma nodded slightly, gritting her teeth together in agony.

After removing Bulma's pants and underwear, Jan picked up the needle and Yamcha looked away, not wanting to see where it was going. He glanced down at Bulma's face, his brows furrowed as he tried to think of something that could help and he almost fell backwards when Bulma grabbed a hold of his shirt, her eyes screwed shut in pain. He turned his gaze back to Jan and was glad to see the needle put away. "What can I do?" Yamcha asked, a hint of desperation in his voice.

"We need to make her more comfortable..."

A few minutes later Yamcha found himself leaning against the couch, Bulma resting between his legs, her back to his chest and one hell of a death grip on his knees.

"Come on, deep breaths Bulma and push..."

Yamcha rubbed the lower part of Bulma's back like he'd been instructed to and almost cried out himself when Bulma pushed back against him, crushing his hand between them.

"AHHHHhhhhhhaahn..." Bulma sobbed, shaking her head. "I-I can't..."

"Yes you can, you've done this before...push."

"AHHHHHHH!" She cried out, pushing with everything she had.

"Okay, good. I see the head...just a little while now." Jan said soothingly.

"You can do this," Yamcha said, kissing the back of her head. "I know you can."

Bulma took several deep breaths and pushed, her hands gripping Yamcha's knees as she felt the pressure against her uterus growing. "AhhhhhhaaaAAAAAAHH!"

"I love you; you can do this..." Yamcha continued, not really paying attention to what he was saying. "Just think about that beautiful baby inside you...well half inside you..."

The pressure grew still until it pecked making Bulma cry out yet again, screaming something unintelligible before the pain and pressure left completely and the sweet sound of her new born baby crying filled the room.

Yamcha could only stare in awe as Jan wrapped a towel loosely around their baby, settling it down on Bulma's heaving chest. "You have a beautiful baby girl." She told them.

 

-

 

Gokou stood at the entrance to Capsule corp. still unsure wether or not to go in. It had been three days since Bulma's baby had been born and it had been decided that, since today was the day that Vegeta's wish would be reversed, everyone should gather at Capsule Corp. before they went up to the Lookout so they could meet the baby as well.

"Gokou!" Shouted Yamcha, running out the door to greet him. "I wasn't sure if you were coming..."

The Saiyan smiled, stepping forward to hug his friend. "How could I miss this?" He laughed, pulling back.

"Yamcha!"

Both men turned and laughed as Krillin bounded towards them, grinning from ear-to-ear. "Congratulations!" He stopped in front of Yamcha and clapped him on the back. "I still can't believe it, you, a Father." They all laughed.

After a quick catch up, the three friends entered the building still laughing and Gokou found himself overwhelmed by the strength of their friendships. They hadn't seen each other for Kami knows how long yet it felt like they'd never been apart.

Yamcha lead them through to the lounge, pointing out the spot where Bulma had given birth before leading them to a smaller room. Bulma sat with her Mother, Trunks and Goten while Gohan stood off to the side with Piccilo.

"Dad!" Goten said, leaping off his seat and into Gokou's arms. "Trunks has a new baby sister!" He said excitedly.

Chuckling, Gokou smiled at his son, ruffling his hair and setting him back down on the ground.

"Gokou?" Bulma said hesitantly, stepping towards him. "Would you...umm...like to hold her?" She asked, holding the baby out to him.

The Saiyan looked at Bulma, he knew what she was trying to do and he smiled, taking the baby. "Thank-you." He managed to say before he was enveloped in a hug, Bulma carefully minding the baby in his arms. "No...Thank-you." She said quietly.

"Right, everything's ready we can go now..." Chi Chi said briskly as she entered the room but trailed off when she noticed Gokou.

"Chi Chi..." Gokou said softly. "H-How have you been?" He asked awkwardly.

After a moment Chi Chi stepped forward, looking at him closely. "Are you eating properly?" She asked him, ignoring his question. "You look a little thin." She stated and Gokou smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

"Yeah...I-I'm eating..."

The black-haired woman eyed him sceptically for a moment before a small smile made its way to her face.

"Good." She stated simply and then turned back to Bulma. "We can go any time; everything is ready."

Gokou watched as everybody gathered around him, his eyes flicking to the door every few seconds. Where is Vegeta?

"We're all ready, Dad." Gohan said, motioning to all their linked hands.

"But...err...where's Vegeta?" He questioned, trying to keep his voice low.

"Vegeta?" Bulma said quite loudly. "He's already there, at the Lookout." She continued, a knowing smile on her face. "So come on, let's go!"

"O-oh, okay..." The tall Saiyan put two fingers to his forehead and concentrated on Dende's 'ki'; an instant later they were standing beside him and the newly collected Dragon Balls .

Gokou let his eyes travel around him quickly, trying to pick out Vegeta from the people surrounding him even as his stomach tensed with a feeling that could have been dread, excitement, or both. A moment later he finally spied the man, sitting comfortably on the ground with his back against one of the Lookout's giant pillars, his leg drawn up to his chest and his eyes looking fixedly at Gokou. Their eyes met and the taller Saiyan felt something close to shock glance through his system as his stomach clenched painfully.

He hastily looked away, firmly fixing his eyes on Dende.

"Trunks! Goten!" Bulma nailed the two boys with a stern look. "Get up here, now!"

The two boys shuffled to the front of the group looking at each other in confusion.

"Why do we have too...?" Trunks asked as they came into the open.

"Because only the ones who made the original wishes can un-wish them." Dende cut in, "The two of you will have to be the ones who un-wish what was done."

"Oh..." Trunks said and shared an uncomfortable look with Goten. "So...how do we...err..."

"Just tell the Dragon you want to undo your previous wishes." Bulma said concisely.

"R-right." Trunks said and turned to the seven Dragonballs laying at his feet. He took a deep breath, looked at the stern expression on his mothers face out of the corner of his eye and then lifted his hands in front of him. "Arise, Dragon! Shenlong, I summon you!"

Everything around them went still for a moment and then the sky went black, large heavy looking clouds rushed in overhead to block out the sun and everyone found themselves unconsciously shivering. Bulma reached across to Yamcha and pulled the blanket around their baby a little bit tighter as light shone from the Dragonballs and the area was suddenly over crowded as the Eternal dragon filled the free space around them.

"You have three wishes, make your first wish." The Dragon boomed out and Trunks found himself looking over at Goten for support.

"Err... uhmm..." Trunks managed to say, his face heating slightly as he realised he really would have to ask the Eternal Dragon to reverse his last wishes.

"Undo the wishes!" Bulma snapped from behind him and Trunks stepped slightly closer to his best friend, gaining support.

"Yeah...uhm...we made some wishes a year ago..." he said.

The Dragon stared down at he and Goten, it's expression impatient.

"Could you...err...undo them?"

"A simple task." The Dragon floated slightly closer. "Make the wish."

"O-okay." Trunks took a breath and briefly noticed that everyone behind him had taken a few slight steps away from where his Dad was sitting.

"Hurry up!" Bulma hissed from behind him and he flinched slightly. Easy for her to say, she wasn't having to stare up at a giant irritable Dragon and make it undo what it had done only a year before hand.

"I...uhm...I wish the wishes Goten and I made had never happened." Trunks said and the area went completely silent.

"Oh, hell!" Came the voice of Dende an instant before the Dragon's voice boomed out.

"Your wish...is granted!"

 

--

 

"Vegeta." Gokou hesitated.

"Get away from me, Kakarotto!"

"Come on, Vegeta! You have to come back." He pleaded.

Vegeta sneered, "Why should I?"

"How do you think Bulma feels right now? You left her alone on your wedding day!"

"What do I care?!"

"If you don't do it for her then do it for me!" The taller man implored.

"You, Kakarotto?" Vegeta said with a laugh, "Why would I do it for you?!"

"Well…" Gokou explained a little sheepishly, "Chichi would kill me if I went back without you. Hey! Vegeta come back…!" He chased after the other man.

"Oh, come on, Vegeta!" Gokou exclaimed, bouncing around the Saiyan prince and attempting to catch his eye.

"I've already told you, Kakarotto! I…" Vegeta's stopped in mid-sentence as Gokou reached out and grabbed his arm firmly. "Kakarotto, what are y…?"

Barely a second later Vegeta found himself standing back in the middle of his wedding party.

"…ou doing?"

"Vegeta!" The call was from Bulma who was already storming in his direction, "Where have you been?! Taking off like tha…" Bulma suddenly stopped as she realised the man wasn't even listening to her.

"Vegeta!? Vegeta?!" Bulma shouted and shook the Saiyan as hard as she could.

"Don't touch me, woman!" Vegeta snapped and slapped her hand away, "I wanted no part of this in the first place!"

Bulma's eyes immediately filled with tears, "Well fine! Just go then…" She turned her back on the man.

Gokou flinched at an intense look from his wife and leaned over Vegeta's shoulder, whispering something hurriedly into his ear. Vegeta snarled back a reply then glared at Bulma's shaking back as Gokou pushed him forward slightly.

"Fine!" Vegeta snapped, loudly enough now for those watching raptly to hear. "I don't care, let's just get this over with."

Uncrossing his arms, he marched passed Bulma, catching her arm as he went and pulling her after him into the house where Dende was waiting with the wedding certificate.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Bulma demanded loudly and wrenched her arm out of the mans grip.

"Do you want to sign this thing or not, woman?!" Vegeta snapped.

Bulma glared at him for a moment then turned to Dende and snatched the pen from his grip and scribbled her signature on the piece of paper he held. "There!" She said and handed the pen to Vegeta.

The prince glared at the item as if were the most offensive object in existence and moved his gaze to the paper and touched the pen to it, writing his name quickly.

They were married.

 

-

 

Bulma slammed a plate down on the bench and glared at it as it broke cleanly in two. After a moment she swore at it loudly and picked up the two pieces, hurling them into the trash where they shattered against the three destroyed plates already in there.

Where the hell was Vegeta? No. That wasn't the question she wanted to ask since she knew the answer. The question she wanted to ask was why the hell wasn't Vegeta home?!

Damn him!

 

-

 

It was well passed midnight and Gokou was slipping the front door of the house open as quietly as he could in an attempt not to wake up his family, or more importantly, Chi Chi.

He needn't have bothered.

"Err...uhm...Chi Chi. What are you...doing up?"

Chi Chi glared at the man silhouetted against the open doorway. "Where were you?" She demanded, tapping her foot.

"I...uhmm..."

"Training with Vegeta!" She cut in, barely letting him talk at all.

"Er...yeah..."

"At this time of night!" she continued, "This has got to stop, Gokou! You were gone all day as well as all night - don't you have any responsibility to your family!? All you've been doing is training with Vegeta, you can't continue like this!"

"But Chi Chi..."

"Don't 'but Chi Chi' me!" She snapped and walked over to him, waving a finger under his nose, "When Vegeta comes over tomorrow, send him home again!"

"Chi Chi, I can't..."

"Yes you can, and you will!"

Gokou frowned, "No, Chi Chi, I can't."

"What?!"

"Chi Chi, just leave it alone, okay? I'll try to come home earlier tomorrow, but I won't tell Vegeta to leave. Just drop it."

Chi Chi opened her mouth to say something but Gokou cut her off by simply walking passed her and out of the room, the words 'Good night' floating back to her before he disappeared.

 

-

 

"So..." Gokou jumped backwards out of the way of one of Vegeta's punches and slid to a stop, looking at the smaller Saiyan with a would-be casual look, "...how have things been at home lately?"

"Shut up, Kakarotto!" Vegeta snapped and leapt forward, slamming his fist as hard as he could into the other mans gut.

Gokou staggered back slightly and heaved in a deep breath to ease the pain, "Not good then." he surmised.

"No, not good." Vegeta snapped and moved to kick the other man, this time missing as Gokou wisely dodged.

"You know, maybe you should talk to her." Gokou said, pursuing the conversation.

Vegeta didn't bother to respond, instead he leapt up into the air and began to gather energy into his hand, preparing for a 'Ki' blast.

Gokou sighed and lifted up off the ground, "Things won't get better if you just avoid her, Vegeta. Bulma just isn't the kind of person you can ignore."

"Leave it alone, Kakarotto. It has nothing to do with you so just drop it." Vegeta released the Ki-blast with the last few words.

Gokou deflected it easily and dodged to the side, missing Vegeta's follow up attack, "You'll have to do something eventually, Vegeta."

 

-

 

Bulma sighed heavily, rubbing her eyes as she stood from her desk for the first time in the past four hours and begun to pace. It just wasn't making any sense! Why wasn't it working? Marriage had seemed like the perfect idea months ago when it had occurred to her. She and Vegeta had been living together for years, they had a son together and despite their constant scraps, they got on well. At least she'd thought that they'd gotten along well. Perhaps she'd just been deluding herself? But if she had been then why had Vegeta married her? Why had he come back from his first escape and signed the marriage certificate?

"Argh!" The aqua haired women threw her hands up in defeat. This.Wasn't.Working.

I need a break. Nodding in agreement with herself, Bulma walked briskly to the door and reached for the handle, jumping in surprise when it opened seemingly of it's own accord.

"Yamcha..." Bulma breathed out, "What brings you here?" She was surprised to see him, of all people, walking through the door.

The black haired man smiled sheepishly, a faint blush raising in his cheeks. " I just thought I'd come down and see how you were doing."

Laughing lightly, Bulma moved aside to let the blushing man in, offering him a seat before sitting herself back down in her not-so-comfortable chair.

"Er...so how are you doing?" Yamcha asked after a moment.

"Horrible." Bulma replied without thinking, regretting it as the man in front of her glanced quickly at the only exit.

He's still the same. Bulma chuckled. Glad to see some things around here don't change. She thought as he glanced at the door a second time.

"Can't be that bad, can it?" He ventured, hesitating only slightly.

Bulma eyed him sceptically, was he actually going to try having this conversation with her? After all, it evolved a girls feelings. Her feelings.

Smiling lightly, the aqua-haired women decided to give it a go.

"It's just...Vegeta. Everything has got me so frustrated lately, I can't figure out why our relationship has changed so much." And before she knew it, she was in full rant mode. "Does Vegeta find me repulsive? Is it something I did or didn't do?! We have a child together and everything was going so well before the wedding! Why did things change so much? What did I do wrong?!"

Yamcha stared wide eyed as Bulma collapsed back into her chair, sobbing into her hands.

WhatdoIdowhatdoIdo!

Taking a deep breath the dark-haired man stood up, cautiously moving towards the sobbing women.

"B-Bulma?" He said as evenly as him could, crying girls was something he just couldn't handle...but this was Bulma, he had to do something.

Reaching out a shaky hand, Yamcha awkwardly lay it on her back. "B-Bulma, it's o-okay, yo-OOMPH!"

Landing hard on his ass, he stared wide eyed once again at the sobbing women who was now in his arms. She really wasn't doing so good. Putting his arms lightly around her he begun to trace small patterns on her back in what he hoped was a comforting manner and simply held her.

 

-

 

"Vegeta?" Gokou looked up in surprise from where he was sitting next to his favourite river near his home. What was Vegeta doing here? They had already finished training for the day and Vegeta was supposed to have gone home. "What are you doing here?"

Vegeta stood still, staring at Gokou intently for a moment before looking away and focusing his gaze on the surface of the river. "I changed my mind, we should train." he stated.

"W-what? But we've been training all day."

"So?" Vegeta said with irritation and took a few steps closer to the other man.

"So..." Gokou drew the word out and then put his hands behind his head and lay down, "we should just relax instead."

Vegeta's eyebrow twitched slightly and looked for a moment like he was going to argue, then the energy seemed to go out of him and he threw himself down onto the ground next to Gokou. "Fine." he stated.

Gokou was sitting up in a second, staring at Vegeta in alarm. "What?! What's wrong? What's happened?!"

"Nothing, Kakarotto. Shut up."

"N-nothing? B-but you... I mean you... But..."

"Shut up, Kakarotto."

"But you..." Gokou paused and took a breath, leaning forward towards the other man, "What happened? Is it Bulma?"

"It has nothing to do with you, idiot." Vegeta growled and stood up, "If we're not going to train, I'm leaving."

"Did the two of you fight again?" Gokou asked, glossing over what Vegeta had said, "What about this time?"

"We didn't argue!" Vegeta snapped, and turned away.

"Then what happened? Something happened."

Vegeta remained silent, his only reaction to the question was his jaw tightening imperceptibly.

Gokou noticed. "What...did she do?" he asked hesitantly. What could be worse than fighting?

"...The marriage..." Vegeta said slowly, forcing the words out between clenched teeth, "...is over."

"O-over..." Gokou stared at Vegeta's back in shock, "What do you mean over? What happened?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Of course it matters!" Gokou exclaimed and jumped to his feet. "It's the end of your marriage!"

"Hn."

"Vegeta! Tell me what happened." Gokou insisted and took a few steps closer to the other man.

Vegeta turned his head slightly, looking at Gokou out of the corner of his eye, and then released his stance, dropping back into a sitting position, his elbows resting on his bent knees and his hands hanging between them. "I told you it's unimportant, Kakarotto. The marriage is over; that's all you need to know."

Gokou hesitated and then sat down next to Vegeta. He looked out over the water for a moment, rubbing his left arm nervously. "It was Yamcha, wasn't it." It was more a statement than a question.

Vegeta tensed immediately, "What?!"

"Chi Chi has been at Capsule Corp. alot lately..." Gokou said slowly, still looking out over the water, afraid to look over at Vegeta. "She said it was probably only a matter of time..."

"Really." Vegeta said glacially.

"Did Bulma tell you?" Gokou asked tentatively.

"No." Vegeta said.

"Oh...err...did...Yamcha tell you, then?"

"No." Vegeta said again.

"Uhmmm...Trunks...maybe...?"

"They were having sex on the couch!" Vegeta snapped out.

Gokou turned to stare at Vegeta so fast he nearly lost his balance and toppled over backwards. "They were what?!" He said, shocked.

"You heard me, Kakarotto."

"B-but...they were really...?"

"Yes."

"Oh..." Gokou bit his lip. "Sorry."

"Hn."

 

-

 

"You can't leave." Gokou followed Chi Chi through the house as she gathered things together, stuffing them into a bag as she went.

"I can and I will." She replied.

"But...but who'll do the cooking? The cleaning? Chi Chi?!"

"Is that all I am to you?!" Chi Chi stopped her power-walk through the house and rounded on her husband, nearly knocking him over as he dodged backwards to avoid her bag slamming into his chest, "Am I just the one who does the cooking and cleaning? Just your...your maid?! Well I have news for you mister, I'm not sticking around for that any more! Bulma has offered me a job at Capsule Corp. and I'm going to be staying with her. I'm taking the children with me." She added.

"But Chi Chi..."

"No! I've had enough of your 'but Chi Chi's! If you wanted me to stay then you should have listened to me months ago; did you really think things could go on like they were? You're never home, not even for dinner half the time! All you do is spend time with Vegeta and if he's more important than your family then your family is leaving!"

Gokou remained still for a moment and then stepped back, bowing his head in acquiesce.

Chi Chi paused, her expression turning pained for a moment at the realisation that her husband wasn't even going to try defending himself, and then she was all business again. She clutched her bag tightly in her hand and then turned, marching to the front door.

"Goodbye, Gokou." She said and then stepped outside, slamming the door behind her as she left.

 

-

 

"And so, here at the Tenka'ichi Budôkai University sponsored by World Champion Mr. Satan himself, we promise to give each and every one of our students the best teaching program available in this day and age!"

Gokou smiled glassily as the perky blonde woman before him finished her speech and Gohan coughed slightly, nudging his Father in the ribs to get his attention.

"Oh...err...uhmm...Thank you?" Gokou said hesitantly and the woman's bright smile faltered slightly.

"We'll be sure to get back to you if we're in any way interested." Said a firm voice slightly behind Gokou.

The woman turned her gaze passed Gohan and Gokou to where Vegeta stood leaning against the wall, his entire posture screaming how incredibly bored with the entire situation he was.

"Was there anything else?" Vegeta said menacingly, raising an eyebrow.

"N-no. S-so...uhmm...please consider hard when choosing a collage for y-your...err...son. H-here at the Tenka'ichi Budôkai University we offer the...the best."

"Thank you!" Gohan stepped in front of the woman, distracting her attention, and shook her hand. "I think we'd just like to look around the rest of the open night now, you know, before any decisions are made."

"O-of course." The woman latched onto Gohan's offered line like a drowning man to a rope and her smile came back to it's full one-hundred watt glow, "If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask anybody wearing the same shirt I am, we're all volunteer's here tonight to help in any way we can."

"Thank you." Gohan said, shaking the woman's hand again and then released it so she could escape the rather bored death glare Vegeta was shooting her over Gohan's shoulder.

As soon as she was out of sight Gohan turned and glared at the shorter man. "Do you have to do that to everyone we talk to?"

"Hn." Vegeta responded enigmatically and Gohan sighed.

"Dad..."

"Hmmm?" Gokou blinked and looked at his son questioningly.

Gohan frowned, "Were you even listening?"

"Err..."

"Vegeta scared away another of the Universities spokespeople." Gohan said to fill the man in, "Did he really have to come? He's almost worse than Mum would have been."

"Of course he did." Gokou said promptly, "We couldn't just leave him at home."

Vegeta's derisive snort in the background stated that yes, he could have been left at home, but Gokou either didn't, or refused too, notice it.

Gohan rubbed his head, "Fine, fine. Let's go look at the library."

 

-

 

"Oh, get it over with, you idiot!" Bulma snapped at Gokou and the man blushed bright red and stared intently at his feet.

"Bulma!"

"You'll get nowhere with that attitude." Bulma continued, barely missing a beat.

"B-but...but Bulma it's Vegeta." Gokou protested.

"Well you're the idiot who decided you were in love with him." She snapped, "You'll be stuck where you are with him forever if you don't do something."

"That's a bit harsh, Bulma."

"Yes, yes I know. But that's the exact reason why I know you have to be the one to take action. Vegeta wouldn't ever do anything." She slumped back in her seat, "Kami-sama knows I learnt that well enough."

"B-but..."

"No 'buts'." Bulma said firmly and pulled herself up out of her seat, "Do something about it or you'll be long dead before anything interesting happens. I'm going home."

Gokou ran his hand through his hair and stood as well, escorting the woman to the front door.

"I'll talk to you later." Bulma said, "And I expect to hear something favourable about you and Vegeta."

"I-I'll...try..." Gokou said.

"Don't try, do."

Gokou looked away for a moment then looked back and changed the subject. "Congratulate Yamcha about the baby for me."

Bulma glared at him briefly then sighed, "Yes, yes I will...as soon as I tell him."

Gokou grinned at her, the grin growing wider when she winked at him, and then she turned and pulled a capsule from her pocket and hurled it to the ground where it instantly turned into a small one-seater plane.

"Goodbye!" Bulma called and jumped in the plane. Gokou waved and she was gone in seconds.

Gokou remained where he was for a few minutes and then turned to go back inside. He jumped suddenly in surprise as he realised Vegeta was behind him, leaning casually against the doorframe.

"Err... Vegeta...hi...Bulma was just here...I thought you were off training...she's having a baby..." Gokou babbled out nervously.

"I heard." Vegeta said simply.

Gokou panicked. Vegeta had heard.

He froze in place, his expression wooden as he tried to figure out how much of the conversation the man could have heard and what he was going to do about it if he'd heard the wrong bits.

Vegeta stayed passive for a moment and then he purposefully met Gokou's gaze, his gaze hardening slightly, "And what exactly, Kakarotto, was that favourable thing that Bulma wanted to hear about you and I?" he asked.

"Oh...oh...err...favourable...uhmm...well...you see...uhmm...n-nothing...err...much?"

"Really, Kakarotto?" Vegeta pushed himself away from the doorframe and took a few steps towards the other man. "Nothing much. So it won't be a problem if you tell me what that 'nothing much' is then."

"Err...I ahhh...well it's not really...not really that...uhmm...important...really..." It wasn't until Gokou found his back pressed up against a scarily solid tree trunk that he realised Vegeta had been slowly forcing him to move backwards. "Uhmm..."

"Then I'm sure you can tell me, Kakarotto," Vegeta leaned forward slightly, making Gokou attempt to push himself backwards through the tree, "since it's not that important."

"Haha...ha...y-you know...m-maybe it is important." Gokou said falteringly, "S-so really...it should...uhmm...be left b-between Bulma and I...err...yeah..."

Vegeta lifted a hand, planting it on the tree trunk beside Gokou's head and leaned in a bit more. "So...now you're keeping secrets, Kakarotto?" he said, one eyebrow raised.

"N-no!" Gokou exclaimed attempting to stand upright but only getting a certain distance before Vegeta's face was much to close to his own, so he simply fell back against the tree, his eyes wide with panic, "I-I wouldn't..."

Vegeta tilted his head to the side slightly, "So...?"

"Aha-ha-ha..." Gokou laughed nervously and prayed to every God he could think of that they would strike him dead on the spot.

Vegeta lifted an eyebrow and waited.

"R-really, Vegeta...I-I think it might b-be better if...errr...I didn't...uhmm...say..."

Vegeta's eyes narrowed suddenly and Gokou flinched away from the glare that was inches from his face.

"Honestly, Kakarotto!" Vegeta snapped and leaned forward, pressing his lips to Gokou's.

Gokou froze completely for a moment and then, slowly, began to kiss the other man back. So that was why Vegeta had been so insistent. Who would have guessed?

 

-

 

"Are you sure you shouldn't resting, Bulma?" Gokou asked for what felt to Bulma like the millionth time, at least.

"I've already told you Gokou!" Bulma snapped, rubbing her hand across her hugely swollen abdomen, "I am resting. I couldn't get any more resting if I tried. All I'm doing is sitting here; talking to you isn't going to turn this situation into anything except an afternoon doing something more exciting then watching the wall."

"O-oh, right." Gokou said awkwardly.

"Oh, for heaven's sake Gokou! I'm not going to break if you talk like a normal human-being!" Bulma huffed, leaning back into the couch.

"Yeah..." Gokou trailed off, taking a seat opposite the ready to burst woman. "Sorry."

Bulma sighed, relaxing back into her position half sprawled across the couch. "Yamcha should be back soon, I sent him out to get some of those apples from that stall down the street."

Gokou smiled. "At least it was something reasonable, Chi Chi wanted North City wild berries when she was pregnant with Goten...in winter." He said flatly.

Bulma chuckled, the sound turning into a half gasp of pain suddenly as she moved her hand to her belly in surprise.

"Bulma?" Gokou said hesitantly, leaning forward.

"I...I think my water just broke." She replied, somewhat shocked. "I-I'm not due yet..."

"What?" The Saiyan stood quickly and walked over to her. "Are you sure?"

"I think I know what I'm talking about Gokou!" She snapped. "My water just broke!"

"Okay, what do you need me to do?" He asked calmly.

"Phone Jan...her card's on the table."

Gokou nodded and rushed from the room, quickly dialling the number when he reached the phone.

Jan and Yamcha arrived at Capsule corp. at the same time and Gokou soon found himself waiting alone outside the lounge, anxiously pacing the length of the hallway and wishing he could do something to help.

It seemed like hours, but was probably only one before Jan, a pretty blonde woman with a radiant smile, stepped out of the room and beamed at Gokou.

"It's a girl!" She said brightly and then walked passed Gokou to the doorway. Gokou didn't watch her go, instead he went straight for the still open door of the lounge and poked his head in cautiously.

"Am I interrupting?" he asked carefully.

Bulma looked up and beamed at him, "No! Come in and meet the newest member of the family." she said.

Gokou slipped in the door and crouched down to the floor where Bulma had been moved. Laying in her mothers arms, wrapped in a warm looking pink blanket was Bulma and Yamcha's newborn daughter.

Gokou cast a sidelong look at Yamcha and had to hide a smile at the poleaxed look on the mans face. He reached out and slapped a hand against the mans back.

"Congratulations, Yamcha. Welcome to the world of parenthood."

Yamcha grinned like an idiot.

 

--

 

Everyone blinked.

"Uhmm..." Dende was the first to speak. "What was I saying?"

"Hopefully my daughters name." Bulma said slightly waspishly and the young God of the Earth shook his head to clear it.

"Yes, yes of course." He looked down at the small bundle he was cradling gently in his arms and smiled slightly. That's right - they had all gathered together, a rare meeting of friends, to commemorate the birth of Bulma and Yamcha's baby, and Dende was preforming her Naming.

"Well everyone, I'd like you to meet the new addition to Bulma and Yamcha's family; Bura!"

Bulma and Yamcha looked at the many faces surrounding them, huge smiles on their faces. "What do you think?" Bulma asked. "I think it suits her."

The group mummed their agreement, smiling and nodding at the proud parents and Trunks stood on his tippee toes, poking the small bundle still in Dende's arms. "Bura?" He said, testing the name out. "Yeah...I suppose it works."

Bulma laughed at her sons actions before taking her newly named daughter into her arms. "Yes...it does work." She said, cooing at Bura. "Well, who's up for some lunch?"

The group walked slowly over to the food laden tables, idly chatting to one another as they went, Gokou and Vegeta trailing behind them. "It was a nice ceremony." Gokou said conversationally, glancing at the man walking beside him.

"Hn. All Dende did was hold the damn baby and say her name - and you call that a ceremony?" Vegeta snorted.

"Well...yeah...still, it's good to see everyone." The taller man continued, smiling as the other Saiyan speed up at little.

"Speak for yourself," Vegeta said warily, eyeing the group before them. "Personally, I wouldn't mind if I never saw a one of them ever again." He stated, coming to a stop in front of Gokou.

"Hmmm..." Gokou said coming to a stop beside the smaller man and draping an arm around his shoulders. "I bet you wouldn't..."

"This has been one hell of an interesting year!" Krillin said, sitting down beside Yamcha, a full plate in hand. "But it all worked out in the end...ne?" He said, nudging Yamcha in the ribs to get his attention. "Look." Krillin pointed to the two Saiyans standing slightly away from the rest of the group.

Yamcha watched for a moment, his eyebrows raised. "What's their deal? A-are they, like, together now?" He asked, his voice hushed.

"Yes, they are. Do you have a problem with that?" Bulma snapped at Yamcha, appearing out of nowhere and sitting down beside them. "Well?" She demanded.

"N-no..." He said, his ears turning red in embarrassment.

"Good." She said, shifting into a more comfortable position. "They make each other happy, believe it or not, and I think it's sweet..." Bulma said, watching as the two Saiyans sat down together, Trunks and Goten lynching them immediately. "They deserve to be happy..." She said softy, so softly it went unheard by the people around her. Bulma smiled to herself, still watching the two men she loved so dearly. Yes, they deserved to be the happiest men alive.

 

--------------

End

--------------

 

The moral of this story: The enternal Dragon is not a toy, be careful what you wish for.

 

 

A/N: ::dances:: It's FINISHED!! All gone. No more. hahahaha...

Hmmm...I bet a few of you are really pissed off - So many people were looking forward to Vegeta's reaction and Trunks and Goten's punishment but oh well. I hope no one got confused. ::smiles::

I have to give the biggest of BIG thank-yous to my sister, who helped me so much and this fik would so not be anywhere if it wasn't for her! So THANK-YOU!!

And to every single person who has reviewed A Simple Wish, even the flamers. THANK-YOU! Really, you guys rock! I hope you all liked the ending, and have closure. Closure is good. lol.

Soon I'll be posting up the outtakes because some of them are just classic! I hope you guys enjoy them!

 

Now to celebrate, lets all get drunk and play ping-pong!

 

R&R Please!!

 

Justice-hime