Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Addiction ❯ Addiction ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Summary: This is a one-shot fic in Yamcha's POV, that roughly covers the relationship of Bulma and Vegeta during that 3 year period. They aren't the main focus however.

((Yes I'm a Yamcha supporter. Fear me!!! ))

Addiction

Sometimes I wonder why I keep going back to her, knowing that it always ends the same way. And it makes me wonder even more, why she keeps taking me back. These thoughts rush through my head as I ring the doorbell to Capsule Corp. Soon the door is opened by Mrs. Briefs who greets me and lets me in. I ask her where Bulma is and she tells me that she's in the outdoor lab.

As I walk to the lab I pass by the gravity machine. I bet he's in there training I say to myself. Anger builds up in me at the thought of him. Why Bulma lets him stay here, in the same house as her I'll never know.

He's a murderer.

I tried to get her to deny him but her stubbornness won out. It always does.

That just makes me think even more as to why I pursue her. We're different in so many ways, but Bulma… something about her keeps me coming back. Now I step through the door of the lab. She's there working diligently on some invention of her's. Quietly, I walk up behind her.

She senses my presence; I know, because her breathing begins to come in short intervals. Then she turns around and I see a look of surprise appear on her face. "Oh, Yamcha, I thought you were Vegeta for a second there."

On the inside, I am disgusted for being compared to him, but I don't show it. "Nope just me babe," I say and even throw in a smile. She smiles back "I was wondering…do you want to do something this Saturday. Like go to a restaurant or something?" I ask and her smile fades.

"I-I can't" she responds "I have work that needs to be done. Sorry." in a way I knew she would say something like that, and I sigh inwardly thinking that all the extra hours I worked to get to go to a nice restaurant, worthy of Bulma, were now all for nothing. I don't hate her for it though. I've stood her up more than enough times for her to be understandably wary of accepting a date with me. "Ok," I say, "Maybe another time then."

As I walk towards the door a large blast goes off. Bulma drops everything and we both run towards the noise.

The gravity machine was now a pile of rubble. Seeing this, Bulma rushes towards and begins to search through it frantically. "Yamcha help, Vegeta's in here somewhere."

I reluctantly go and help her and when we find Vegeta he is unconscious so I take him inside to the infirmary, as Bulma asked. As we near the infirmary, I'm tempted to let a little ki lose; small enough to be unseen yet large enough to kill him. I don't; something I would regret.

After he gets patched up he's put in his bedroom. Bulma decides to stay by his side. I don't think she should, but she does anyway. Of course I knew she would do this, even before I protested.

"Bye Babe." I say and leave. There's no more reason for me to stay.

Two weeks later I come back. Bulma informs me that Vegeta is fine and training again, even though she wishes he would take it easy. I don't really care, but smile and say I'm glad anyway.

I start to tell her about a new movie that's out, but then he walks in the living room, looks in our direction, and orders her to go and fix the gravity machine.

Her face turns red with anger, as does mine, but I don't say anything. It's too late to. They've already started fussing. Oddly enough, it seems as if they're enjoying it.

I leave then; knowing I won't be missed. I probably won't even be remembered until long after the argument is over.

Another month passes and I'm called away to Kami's lookout with most of the others. I am excited, but there are things that I would rather be doing. Seeing Bulma, for one, is at the top of my list.

The months pass and we all get stronger. Finally, we're allowed to leave. I go home, say hi to Puar and then hurry off to Capsule Corporation. Bulma's there; she sports a little extra weight, but still looks as beautiful as always.

We talk for a while and after some time, I ask her out to dinner, a date to be more precise. She turns me down and adds a small laugh for some unknown reason. I say I understand, but inside I don't. We talk some more, then I leave, but not before catching sight of Vegeta staring at us, or rather, glaring at me.

For a moment, I wonder how long he was there, but then I stop caring. What Vegeta does isn't important, just as long as he's out of the way.

Two more weeks go by and I'm back again with flowers. It's late, but I mean to surprise Bulma.

I wander around Capsule Corporation for a moment until I'm below her room; I then float up to her balcony. The door is already open, how odd.

With one hand, I move away the sheer curtains. I see Bulma's sleeping form on the bed with the covers drawn tight around her. As I approach her, I see how beautiful she is and brush the hair out of her face. Then I note that the spot beside her looks as if it was slept or laid in.

I put the flowers down on the bed and glance around the room. Only then do I notice him standing in a corner and glaring at me. Undoubtedly, had I done something else to Bulma, he would have already snapped my neck, but this doesn't occur to me fully.

Quietly he backs out onto the balcony and jumps off into the night sky, but lingers there. I realize it as a silent command for me to follow.

For a few moments we fly without talking, then land in the forest near a lake and still we are silent, but glare at each other menacingly.

"Don't you ever touch my mate again or I'll rip off your arm!" he says to me seething with anger.

"Your mate?!" I respond, just as angry, "Bulma doesn't belong to you!"

"Of course she does," his expression changed to a smirk, but he said the words like he was talking to a child, "You just haven't realized it yet. This infatuation, this addiction you have with her stops now." he says, then he warns, " Stay away from her and my son."

"Your son?" I say, only then recalling Bulma's extra weight. I'm sure a shocked look must have come over my face, but I recover quickly. "If you ever hurt Bulma, I will kill you Vegeta."

He laughs then, and I'm tempted to laugh myself. I want to laugh about the irony of it all and about my own ignorance and inability to commit. Oh yes, I want to laugh! Because I know that she could have been mine.

I've long since lost my chance with her.

Vegeta leaves. He knows he has made his point clear.

A few months later and it's the androids time to come upon us. I stand with Bulma as she holds her son, Trunks, in her arms and I wish with all my heart that he were mine. The others come, also impressed by the baby and are shocked about who the father is. All the others except Goku that is, but he's always been weird.

And now, now it's time to fight. I give once last cursory glance to Bulma -a good-bye glance- and memories of our younger years flash by. Memories of our beginning and memories of our lost love. I hold those memories close. Even if I return from this battle, I know it will never be the same, but there's one thing I do know…

This addiction will never fade.

---

Well that's it. Please review. Also, I'd like to thank my beta, GenzaiOS for her wonderful job.