Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Ali's Tail ❯ Chapters one, two and three ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter one

Alicia Nicknackie (AKA: Ali) is just your normal teenage collage bookworm. Smarter than most adults her age, she is never fooled by the outside appearance of someone. Only once can she remember being fooled by an appearance. She would still cry at the memory of him, the one who almost stole her soul for money. "Deka!" she would cry at night, sobbing into a pillow. He was one of her small ring of friends, and she had loved him dearly, until he betrayed her of course. But life soon turned back to normal,

But then on one dark, dreary night . . .

Ali was asleep, an arm hanging over the bed rail and her legs death-choking a poor pillow. Her room door was open just a crack, and a lava lamp glowed merrily on her dresser.

Suddenly, a loud thump breaks the calm, sleepy silence.

Ali groggily opened her big silvery-blue eyes, and yawned a small yawn. She didn't know why she woke up, she just wanted to go back to sleep. But sleep didn't grace her, and so she rolled over onto her right side, watching glittery goop rise and fall in her lamp.

Right when she was about to drift off, she saw him. A small black haired boy was lying outside her bedroom door, blood seeping through his raven locks.

She was immediately awake and leapt over to wrench the door all the way open. "Oh my gosh!" There was a hole in her ceiling above where the boy was. `Ohh! I hope he's all right, I need to sue his butt...' Ali joked to herself, stopping when she eyed the crippled mass before her. Waves of pity drowned her brain and tore at her heart. She leaned down and Oh-so-very-carefully flipped him over, and even more gently picked him up. She stumbled over to her bed and laid him down, inspecting his wounds, and determining whether or not the damage was horrible enough to be bandaged.

Soon, she was wrapping up all the dark red blood in bandages.

"You better wake up soon. I want my bed back!" She hissed jokingly, sweeping her fingers through her messy dirty-blonde hair.

She grabbed her death-choked pillow and walked out into her living room. Sleep hit her hard and she was down for the count. (She fell asleep)

She dreamed that she was a machine made by `Frocoroens', foxes with distinguishing flame markings, and that the boy on her bed was really a red-eyed dragon and the ruler of the universe. She was fighting him with a small band of `Cyoyzehs', fierce little fighters with mystical powers, and the `Frocoroens' at her side.

"You won't win dragon king! Not this time!" The dream Ali roared, shoving a sword through his chest. He falls over, and changed into the little boy with black hair. "I.... I'll see you...In. in hell..." Blood crawls in every direction, and staining the hem of Ali's jeans.

"Eww . . ."

"What the Cred?!"

The real Ali woke up, looking like a fuzz ball that needed sleep. "Huh?" She groggily asked. It took her thirty seconds to realize that the freeloader boy was mere inches from her nose. So, as any girl would do, she screeched.

"Gahh! Too loud!!" He backed off, holding his hands over his ears and closing his red eyes. He still had his bandages on, and they where slightly stained `Wait...Red eyes? RED EYES! ! !' Flashing blue lights went off in Ali's brain. `RED EYES! RED EYES! ! ! !'

`So? It maybe a coincidence.'

"Em....So, what's your name?"

A long pause. "Elazeh."

"Oh." `Phew!'

"Hello, Elazeh. My name's Ali Nicknackie." Right now, Ali was very happy. When Ali gets happy, she becomes very nice and doesn't think of suing little boys for damage to certain roofs . . .

/Growl! /

Ali laughed as Elazeh looks down at his stomach. She walks into her kitchen and swiped up some Oreos. Ali walks back out and handed him one. He eyed the cookie like it was the weirdest thing in his life.

The curios red eyed wonder looks over at Ali questioningly. "Should I eat it?"

"Yup."

Munch, munch

"Elazeh, Where are you from?"

Elazeh thought for a minute, and then says, "I don't remember."

`Well, that's helpful.' Ali stuffed the Oreo in her mouth, chewed and swallowed, and then said "Are you an Aries?"

"A what?"

"An Aries! A Ram! They're astrological sign-thingies. My sign is a ram, so what I'm asking is what your sign is. The signs depend upon what month you where born in."

"A. .Ram?" Elazeh faded, thinking. "I don't understand." `Is she going to change into a ram?'

"Never mind." Ali murmured. She got up and walked to the door of her room, when she heard Elazeh say, "Where are you going?"

"Go back out on the couch, I'm going to change."

"Into a ram?"

"No, now go!" She laughed and nudged him toward the kitchen, which connected to the living room.

Ali walked into her room, going over to the closet. She pulled out a blue shirt and jeans, unaware that Elazeh had doubted her word and watched her through the crack in the door. Ali started to pull off her shirt and Elazeh's eyes widen. He bolted to the living room. Ali turned around with her shirt half on and was looking at the door suspiciously. She had heard a board squeak, but nothing else. She shrugged, and pulled the shirt on the rest of the way. She slung her pants on and walked out into the living room. Elazeh was sitting on the couch just as she had told him to. She smiled at him faintly, and then said, "Well, I don't think I have horns sticking out of my head, do I?"

This received no comment.

"Hey, I'm going for a walk, wanna come?"

" . . ."

"All right." Ali shrugged, walking to the hall closet and taking out her fall jacket. "See you." And so Ali walked out the door, forgetting to completely close it behind her.

Elazeh sat there, bored to death that there wasn't anything to do. A soft ring broke the silence. Elazeh looked around for the noise, but couldn't find it at first. His baggy jean pocket started to vibrate, and he reached in to pull out a small odd-looking object, similar to a gameboy. The screen turned on by itself, and on it was a very familiar face. "Freeza, report on your mission."

Freeza dropped the transmitter. No, his name wasn't Elazeh, and he knew it. He let his hologram drop, reveling a white, lizard-like creature. "Aw, how'd you know? Jeeze, that body is so hard to control." Freeza sighed. "Yes, I found the girl,"

Right at that moment, Ali was half way down the stairs when she heard a different voice form her apartment. Forgetting about her walk, she sneaked back to the door to listen in. She heard Freeza say, "I could tell by the design burned into her back." `Design? What design?' She pressed her ear to the door keenly; not knowing it was ajar. With a yelp, the door crashed open. Freeza's head snapped to glare down at her. Her eyes widened, and she bolted out of her apartment.

"What was that?"

"The signal of the hunt." Freeza chuckled evilly. He raced after her, and since she had not gotten very far, (Only to the landing at the foot of the stairs) ended up catching her. She yanked and pulled as hard as she could to get away, and even spat into his face. Freeza hit the back of her head, and she blacked out. Freeza gathered her up and walked back into Ali's apartment. He dropped her onto the couch and picked up the transmitter. "Come for pick up immediately." Was all Freeza said before turning the device off.

Chapter 2

When Ali woke up, she had a huge headache. She was also in a strange and plain room, and wanted revenge against the person who brought her here. She was sitting on a bed, not unlike the one she had laid on when she broke her leg at age four. It was uncomfortable, so Ali stood up. Right when she was about to take a step, her legs collapsed from underneath her. With this unexpected action, she fell back into the bed. Now, her head hurt, her bum hurt from landing on the floor so hard, and her shoulder hurt from hitting the bed. `The world is out to get me.' She thought to herself bitterly as she struggled back up into standing. She was leaning on the side rails of the bed when an old man walked in. His face was kind, and had many smile wrinkles. Ali liked him immediately.

His lavender eyes twinkled as he opened his mouth and said, "I'm pleased to see that you're all ready awake. I'm Dr. Klondike, and you are?"

"Alicia Nicknackie. Ali for short."

Dr. Klondike's eyes twinkled again. "Okay Alicia, I'll need you to help me with things."

"What kind of things?" Ali asked, looking at Dr. Klondike's thinning white hair.

Dr. Klondike moved over to the table Ali hadn't noticed. There where pieces of paper strewn across its surface. "Pull up a chair." He said, and sat in one of them.

Ali struggled over to the chair closest to her. Her legs still felt like they would collapse again. When she finally sat in the chair, the old doctor picked up a paper and let her look at the black inked picture. "I want you to tell he the first thing that comes to your mind when you look at these pictures."

The picture was of a black fox, and Ali quickly remembered her dream version of the Frocoroen.

"Dr. Klondike, do you know what a Frocoroen is?"

"Yes," He replied, "beautiful creatures, those foxes. Is that what you're reminded of?"

"Yes."

Dr. Klondike nodded and wrote that on a piece of paper. Then, he handed her another paper. The black blot looked like fire at first, until she saw a human-like form near the bottom in white.

"A Cyoyzeh." Ali whispered. She remembered the fierce little fighters who served as her spies and back-row fighters. They where always amusing to talk to. `Always? I'm acting like I've actually talked to them!'

"And this?" Dr. Klondike asked, handing her a picture of a snake-like blot.

"The red eyed king! The scoundrel of space! Freeza!" Ali hissed, spitting out his name as though it was the most fowl thing to come from her mouth.

"Okay Alicia. I've gotten all I've needed. I suggest you get some sleep, you'll have an important day tomorrow." And with that said, Dr. Klondike walked out of the room, turning off the light and closing the door quietly behind himself.

Ali felt suddenly tired, and so she groggily crawled back into bed. It took her awhile, but she finally fell into an uncomfortable sleep with one last though in her head, `What'll be so important about it?'

~ * Morning * ~

"Alicia, It's time to get up." Ali groaned, then turned away from the voice. "Come on."

"Fine!" Ali hissed groggily, sitting up and rubbing her tired blood-shot eyes. She looked over, expecting to see Dr. Klondike, but instead her eyes meet with golden ones. "W. .Who are you?" She asked the sea- green skinned, dark green haired what-looked-to-be-a-girl. "Get dressed." Was her only reply, yet she sounded male. She / he set some clothes on the bed, and walked out.

Ali looked down at the bundle. It looked like some kind of strange oversized armor. It was flexible to the touch, but also was a whitish-blue in color.

There where black spandex shorts also, but Ali quickly decided not to wear them. She pulled the armor over her head, and was surprised to find it shrink to fit her short size. She pulled her shoulder-length hair through the head hole as the she / he from before came in again.

"Are you ready?" it asks. Ali nods, and follows it out the door.

~ * Hallway * ~

"Today you are to formally meet Lord Freeza. You are not to speak to him unless he speaks to you. You are not to make any noise when entering his presence. You are not to have squeaky shoes in his presence." It looks down at her shoes.

"What?" Ali asks amusedly. Squeak, Squeak, squeak . . .

It rolls its eyes and goes on. " You are not to belch in Lord Freeza's presence. You are not to fart in Lord Freeza's presence . . ."

Ali tried hard to be serious and not laugh, but the corners of her lips were twitching uncontrollably.

"You are not to make stupid noises in Lord Freeza's presence. You are not to spit at or on anything in his presence."

That was it. Ali burst out laughing, leaning over to clutch her stomach.

A man with orange skin and white hair walked up to the it and asked in Australian accent, "Zarbon, what are you doin' to this poor girl! She's hysterical!"

"I was simply telling her the rules. They must have been to much for her mind to comprehend." Zarbon replied.

Ali stopped her fit of giggles long enough to say, "Who would do those nasty things in front of any leader purposely? No duh, I wouldn't !" Ali soon stopped when they both looked at her like she was a loony. She coughed nervously, took off her squeaky shoes, and got up to follow Zarbon.

The orange Australian followed behind Ali. "Do not look Freeza straight in the eye, he'll think you think that he and you are equals, which does not happen on his ship . . ." It was a while of walking and trying to listen to Zarbon's rules before the Australian finally walked up next to her and said, "My name is Jeice. Who are you, mate?"

"I'm Ali. Sorry about that back there, I had a laughing fit."

"That's quite alright, Ali, just don't laugh in Freeza's presence." Jeice smiled and Ali giggled as quiet as she could.

Zarbon turned his head back at them. "If you two would stop flirting, we're here."

"Good luck, you'll need it." Jeice waved and walked off.

"Come on, let's go."

Ali hugged her shoes, and then started to swing them slightly. "I'm ready."

< * In Lord Freeza's chamber * >

Ali's stomach was flipping. She was defiantly NOT ready. She walked in with only her socks on her feet. The feel of the cold metal ground and the silence in the room was unnerving, and she felt the need to run and find Jeice. He would help her, wouldn't he?

Zarbon walked beside her and told her to wait in the center of the room. She looked around at the walls, floor, and ceiling. On the wall farthest from the door, was a window, and in front of that window, was a strange hovering craft. She dismissed it for empty, and looked around at the white walls.

Zarbon had gone back to stand beside the door, so there wasn't anything interesting on or near that wall.

The other two walls where blank.

Ali then turned her attention back to the hovering chair. She took a tentative step towards it. "Hello Ali." Ali jumped, almost loosing her balance.

`Remember the rules.' Zarbon whispered under his breath.

The craft turned. There was Freeza, sitting in his chair, But in his human form. He looked straight into Ali's blue eyes as she looked back at his red. "Elazeh! You scared me!"

Elazeh smiled. "So, how-Zarbon, you are dismissed."

Zarbon jumped, and then looked at Ali, who was looking back at him over her shoulder. He nodded to Freeza, and then left the room.

Now Ali was more nervous. Why would he send Zarbon away?

Elazeh got up out of his chair. "So, how are you feeling?"

`Sick' "I'm fine." Ali replied quickly.

"You don't sound fine." Elazeh said, walking over to her.

"I'm fine, I swear. You can even ask Dr. Klondike. " Ali's voice had gone high pitched, and full of fear. She wanted to leave, but she was rooted to the spot.

Elazeh chuckled and let his hologram drop, revealing the dragon demon from Ali's dream. Ali's eyes widened like a deer caught in headlights.

< * Out in the hall. * >

"What's happening?" Jeice demanded, watching Zarbon listen in. "Shh! I'm trying to listen!" Zarbon had his ear to the door, trying in vain to tell what was being said. "Alicia's voice has gone high pitched. That's all I can tell."

< * Back in the chamber. * >

Freeza walked up in front of Ali, stopping when his face was mere inches from hers. He gazed into her eyes for a moment, before saying, "You are not to look me in the eyes, wench."

His hand was a blur. Ali felt the burning, stinging, throb of her blood running through her cheek under the hand she had broght up to touch it. `Did he just hit me?'

"If you are to learn you place, I suggest you don't look the people who are more powerful than you in the eye."

Ali looked up at him, glaring into his eyes and hoping to show the smoldering warning in her eyes as a strange uncharacteristic courage flared up from her hurt. "And how am I to know who is higher in status if I know no one here, oh mighty midget?" (He's shorter than her by about an inch, and she's always been the shortest person in her school. So she thinks it's funny that he's shorter than she is.)

This time Ali was lucky. She pulled her head back as his hand hit her hair. She jumped up and ran for the door. As she was just about to reach the door, Freeza's hand hooked into her hair, and Ali realized how short termed her courage was.

Freeza pulled Ali around to face him. (By the hair! Ouchies!) She looked down at her feet meekly. He took a hold of more of her hair and forced her to look up by pulling down on the clump. "Ow!" Ali hissed.

"Why is it one minute you look like cornered prey, the next minute you're glaring at me with the up most hatred, then the next you refuse to look at me. You humans are so strange." Freeza chuckled darkly, pulling his hand out from the back of Ali's head to touch her cheek were he had slapped her. She flinched from his touch, in fear that he would inflict more damage to her, but at the same time froze for fear of being hit for jerking away. "So strange indeed." He studied her face for a bit, before going back to is chair.

"Zarbon! Come take this rat out of my sight!"

Chapter 3

Zarbon came in and gently took Ali's right arm, then led her out. Once the door was firmly shut, Ali twisted left and spat over her shoulder at the threshold. Zarbon took no notice. "I'm surprised you're alive."

"So am I. Zarbon, I looked him in the eyes! He didn't even hurt me all that much, just slapped me is all." Ali told him, looking at his profiled face.

"I'm surprised he didn't try to kill you!" Said Jeice, who had joined them soon after Ali and Zarbon had walked out of the door.

Ali shivered. "So, now what? Am I just supposed to sleep on this? Or is there something else I am to do?"

"Well, it is lunchtime, I guess we could take her to the mess hall." Zarbon suggested, looking back at Jeice.

"Why not? Let's go!"

< * In the Mess Hall * >

They walked through the swinging doors into the loud, large, and crowded Mess Hall. As Zarbon steered her to a table, the talking slowly became quieter, then ceased as they stopped at a table next to a window.

Ali's shoes squeaked slightly as she swung her legs over the bench to sit. She looked timidly around at the silent room. All of the peoples' eyes where on hers. "What?" She asked meekly, her voice echoing around the room.

They've heard the rumors about a girl aboard their ship, and none of them believed it . . . until now.

Ali nervously turned around and stared at the table. A boy sitting across from her who had spiky, gravity defying black hair and dark eyes was finally the one to break the silence. "Who are you?"

"Ali."

Everyone went back to talking with a new vigor, and Ali heard her name many times after that.

"I'm Vegeta, prince of the Saya-jins." The boy from before stated, saying this with much smugness. Ali still looked down at the table, trying to, avoid his eyes, but said, "Nice to meet you."

"If it is nice to meet me, than how come you don't look me in the eyes?"

"Huh? Oh, Freez-I mean, Lord Freeza told me not to look anyone stronger than me in the eye."

Vegeta laughed heartily, leaned over to Zarbon and Jeice, and said, "I like this girl, she just indirectly complemented me."

Ali sat there, looking very confused

"You know what, you're smart kid, here, have my cookie."

Ali looks at the cookie, then up at Vegeta, and then back down at the cookie. She timidly takes it, and then takes a small bite. She chews it for a bit, then takes bigger bites till it's all gone, all the while listening to the boys tell jokes and stories amongst one another.

"And one time . . ." And so on and so forth.

Ali swept the crumbs into a neat little pile, pushed them off of the table and into her hand, and dropped them behind herself. When she looked up, Vegeta was watching her. "What?" She asked. He started laughing, and she stuck her tongue out at him.

Ali yawned and said, "I'm tried, I'm gonna go to bed, Okay?"

Zarbon nodded and said, "If you need anything, I'll be in the training room."

Ali got up, but then realized something. "I don't know where I'm suppose to go!"

Jeice laughed. "I'll take you there, I know where it is."

< * Hallway * >

Jeice walked beside Ali, occasionally talking about people that passed by, like who they were, what race they are from, and other things.

They walked by a room labeled, "Garden."

Ali stopped. "What's this? I thought this was a ship of fighters."

"Well, yes, it is. This is where people go to cool off." Jeice pressed his hand on the hand- scanner. "Wanna go look?"

"Of course!" Ali grins, bouncing on the balls of her feet, her blonde hair bouncing up every time she did.

Jeice laughed, pulling his hand from the scanner. The door glided open with a hiss, and she skipped in, turning in mid-skip to look back at Jeice. "Come on!" She said, and turned to run over to a tree and hug it, laughing. "I though I'd never see a tree from earth ever again! I'm glad it's a weeping willow, they're my favorite!"

"Mine is the red trunk, blue leaved tree over there." Jeice walks over to her, pointing out over the many odd-colored trees.

Ali squints hard. "I can't see it!" She runs off the hill the willow was on, and into the vast expanse of trees.

"Hey, Ali wait up!" Jeice runs after the cookie-eating blonde.

< * Forestey place * >

Ali hides up in the branches a white tree, waiting for Jeice to come past.

"Ali! Where are you?" He calls out, walking past her hiding place. Ali jumps from hiding, Planning on throwing her arms around him and yelling, "JEICE!"

But, unlike how she had planned, he had spun around the split-second he heard the leaves rustle. She got the throwing the arms part right, and he caught her, but he fell over from her momentum. The wind was knocked out of her, and she fell on the top of the two-person pile. Their eyes locked for a moment, before Ali looked away, her face burning. She put her arms on either side of his body, planning to get up, but Jeice pulls her back down and flips them both, so now Ali was on the bottom. He pins her arms, then, "Got ya'!" He teases. "I won!" He laughs again, and then looks down at her.

"Arg! You Meanie!" Ali glares at him, but he could see the sparkle of laughter in her eyes. "Okay, staring contest!" She declares.

"Why don't we make a bet? If I win, I get to hang out with you. If you win, you get to do whatever. Okay?"

Ali nods, having not listened to the first part. "Fine. Wait, what was that last part?"

"Ready, set, GO!" Jeice says.

"Hey! Wait!" Ali protests, but starts staring any anyway.

< * Twenty seconds later. * >

Ali struggled to keep, her eyes open, but they where watering. "Nuum!" She mumbled, and she started to squint. `Arg! NO! Must . . .Not . . .Blink!' Her eyes finally close completely. "Gha!"

"Got cha'!" Jeice laughed, "I won!"

Ali pouted, and then said, "So, what did you win? I didn't hear the first part."

"Oh, nothing."

". . .Okay. . ." She laughed, and then said, "Well, that's all right, but I think you earned this!" She hugged him tightly, laughing as she flipped over the pile again. "Now I win." She got up, holding out her hand for Jeice. He took it and Ali pulled him up. "Come on, let's go find your tree!" She once again scampered off into the trees, but this time Jeice follows close behind.

< * Jeice 's tree * >

"Is this it?" Ali asked, pointing up at the red tree. It looked very similar to an apple tree, except the leaves where teardrop-shaped and blue.

"Yes. This one was one of the first trees to be brought here. Zarbon was the one who suggested that we make this area." Jeice stared at the tree for a moment, all most as if he was lost in space. Ali stopped hugging the tree and looked back at Jeice. She walked over and concernedly asked, "What's wrong?"

Jeice snapped out of it and said, "Oh, nothing. Just thinking is all."

"Hm, Okay. Let's go then!" Ali smiled and walked back to the forest edge. Jeice hesitated, and then called out to her, "Just go and wait outside for me, okay?"

She nods, then turns into the forest.

"What ever possessed me to do that?" Jeice asked aloud softly, looking at the spot where Ali had hugged the tree.

Jeice shakes his head and walks off to go find Ali.

Ali hummed softly to herself, humming the words of her favorite oldies song. "I'm walking on sunshine, wooah!" She sang, then stopped and laughed.

She turned and waited for Jeice, but he was nowhere to be found. "Jeice, hurry up you slowpoke!" She then turned and bounded out the door.

Jeice finally comes out to an impatient Ali, who is tapping her foot. "Come on!"

They finally get to the infirmary and Jeice leaves as Ali just goes to sleep.

(A/N: Sorry if the people seem out of character. I couldn't figure out what Jeice would say in those situations, plus, I needed a friend for Ali. = P Oh, well.)