Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Hearts ❯ The Orbs ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey Everyone! I'm back with more. I hope you like the first two chapters and I hope you will like the rest of this fic too. This chapter is actually a little confusing, even to me! (hehe) But if you have any questions about it, like if you don't understand, you can email me. My address is listed in my profile. Peace!

~Chapter 3~

7 years and 11 months later

4 strange young, yet beautiful girls were making their way through the high mountains. "Brr. It's freezing," one of them said, shivering.

"Quiet," who looked to be the oldest one said, "We're almost there. See, we're close," she said as she was holding up her strange necklace. It was a bright glowing orb. "Look how bright it is. It means we're close to the third one."

"Well, I hope we find it soon," another girl exclaimed. "I don't know how much longer we can stand this place."

"Well don't worry. Once we find the third one, I'll have enough power to keep us all warm and to take us back to our sleeping quarters," the eldest one said.

"Look! There it is!" The last girl exclaimed. She was pointing to a glowing orb, which was lying in a stone. The orb was exactly like the one the girl was wearing, only it was a different color.

"Yes finally!" The eldest girl exclaimed. "I found the third one!" She placed her palm on the stone and with her energy, melted it, leaving the orb in the snow. She then took her necklace off and picked up the orb. Both orbs glowed brightly and then fused together. The eldest girl gave an evil laugh. Only one more to go, she thought and put her new necklace on.

*********

Pan was humming quietly to herself as she sat at her desk at CC. She had been working there for the past few months and really liked her job. She especially didn't mind the fact that all her male co-workers found her extremely attractive. With her long, smooth legs and silky dark hair, it was no wonder all the girls there were jealous of her. She had really changed these past few years. Pan had finally grown out of her tomboyish looks and had become a woman. I can't wait for Trunks to come home! I'm so excited to see him again. Hold on, she told herself. Why am I getting so excited? It's not like I still like him. I got over him after he left. Yeah, she nodded to herself and then sighed. Who was she kidding? She tried so hard to forget about him, but couldn't. Pan had tried going out with other men, but it didn't work out with them. She knew in her heart that there would be no place for any of them because it belonged to Trunks. Well, she thought, at least I don't have to wait long to see the love of my life again.

********

One week later

The 4 mysterious girls were wandering around the high, rocky cliffs. One of the girls turned to the eldest one. "Shakiha, are we close?"

"Lahira, that is the fifth time you asked that question within 5 minutes. The answer is yes!" Shakiha answered.

"Well, then where is it?" another girl, Minara asked.

"There! See, it's right over by that plant!" Shakiha said triumphantly. Well good, the last girl, Calarhi thought. The sooner we get all four, the sooner Shakiha will be her old self again. Ever since mom and dad gave her the first one, it's like she's obsessed with getting all of them. I mean, we're only suppose to use the power of the 4 magic orbs for protection, and not for magic and power. But lately, Shakiha has been so power hungry and going crazy, looking for the orbs.

Shakiha picked up the last orb and then took off her necklace. Once again, they glowed brightly and then fused together. Shakiha gave a loud laugh. "HAHAHA! They're mine! All mine! I have all the power I need to take over this pathetic universe!" Her sisters were getting scared. Lately, Shakiha had been talking a lot about world domination, but they didn't actually think she would go through with it.

Lahira was on the verge of tears. What was happening to her sister? She was being so evil, and using her newfound powers for everything. "Let's go!" Shakiha said, not noticing the moods of her sisters. She was too engrossed with her new powers. She put her necklace on and it suddenly grew brighter once again. "Ahh!!!" Shakiha screamed in pain and dropped to her knees. She started to glow as her new power coursed through her veins. Her power exploded and blasted everything around her. Her sisters only just managed to dodge the blast and were shocked at what was happening.

"Shakiha!!!" Calarhi screamed. Suddenly, the glow diminished and Shakiha's pain was subsiding.

"Are you alright?" Minara asked, as she knelt down beside Shakiha.

Shakiha looked up at her sisters. "I'm fine," she breathed. " Just a little tired.

"I would expect so, giving off all that energy. You blasted away half of this cliff!" Lahira exclaimed.

"Well, I feel fine now. So let's just go," she answered.

*********

Goku suddenly felt a high power, a long way off. He had noticed the power before a couple of days ago, but now, it was much stronger. "Gohan, do you feel that power?" Goku asked his son.

"Yeah, but I have no idea who it belongs to. It's unfamiliar." Gohan replied.

"But don't you find it weird how all of a sudden, it got so much higher?" Goku exclaimed.

"I suppose. Maybe they were just suppressing their power level before," Gohan said.

"Maybe,"

"Hmph," Vegeta harumphed. "The only way a power level could become so much higher in such a short period would be if they got one of the 4 magical orbs."

"One of the what?" Goku asked.

"One of 4 magical orbs. With each one you collect, your magic and strength increases greatly. There are 4 orbs to be collected altogether. They are spread all over different places in the universe," Vegeta answered.

"Wow!" Gohan said. "How do you know all this?"

"Because these orbs had a connection to the saiyan race at one time."

"How so?" Goku asked.

"There use to be an alien race called the Lucarians. They were a magical race. If it wasn't for their magic, they would have been gone a lot sooner than they were. Though they specialized in magic, their powers were only strong when they joined together against an enemy. Alone, their magic is not strong at all. But for some reason, on male excelled. His name was Bakeru. His magical powers exceeded even those of the joined forces. He was known as their planet protector. If they were saiyans, he'd be like a super saiyan. But there was a downside to his powers. They were so strong, that sometimes, even he couldn't control them. So, to prevent this, he created a new method for his powers to be controlled. He created the 4 magic orbs."

"These orbs. What exactly are they?" Goku asked.

"They're magical orbs, each containing a part of Bakeru's powers. With each orb you get, your strength and magic increases enormously. Once you've collected all of the orbs, you will have all of Bakeru's powers, added onto your own original power," Vegeta replied.

"You said that these orbs had a connection with saiyans. How?" Gohan asked.

"After Bakeru sealed his powers into these orbs, he sent them into different parts of his planet. He did this by using a password. Bakeru did this so that if anyone needed his strength and protection, all they had to do was collect the orbs. He knew he was getting too old to help protect everyone, even if he was powerful. So, instead, he used this method. He only kept a little bit of his strength for his own defenses. The saiyans heard about the orbs and wanted them for themselves so that they could become even more powerful. We attacked the Lucarians, though, we only just managed to beat their magic. Unfortunately, Bakeru knew of the danger if we ever got our hands on the orbs, so he used what little strength he kept for himself and sent the 4 orbs away into space. There was no time to collect them so he used his special password, which activated all of them to spread out around the universe. After that, we killed the remaining Lucarians and went in search for the orbs. We looked for years, but they were spread out all over the universe and were almost impossible to find. Nothing turned up so we had no choice but to give up. And now, it seems that someone is actually able to collect them." Vegeta replied grimly.

"Wait, so if they get all four, there's no way to stop them?" Gohan asked.

"Yes."

"Oh. That's not good," Goku stated the obvious.

"Well, we're just gonna have to pray they don't get all four," Gohan exclaimed.