Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Battle of the Hearts ❯ The Battle is On! ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey! I'm sooooooo sorry for not updating but school comes first and I've had lots to do outside of school too. Also, just to let you all know, I have already decided who Trunks will end up with in this story because I like the couple that I have in mind a lot better, personally. I think you all know who it is anyways and if you don't, then sit tight. Although, I hope I'm not making it TOO obvious. Hehe, I don't really want you to know right now so that it would keep you in suspense! Thank you to all those who reviewed. I really appreciate it.

Disclaimer: I don't claim or own anything.

~Chapter 7~

Trunks was tossing and turning in his bed. He just couldn't fall asleep. ~What am I going to do? I don't want to hurt Pan or Marron. They're both such good friends of mine~ he sighed. His mind then began to wander to the kiss he shared with Pan earlier. ~Man, that was some kiss! I've never felt such passion before when I kissed a girl. What's it about Pan that made her seem so on fire?~ Trunks closed his eyes. ~And what about Marron? I still like her don't I? I mean, my feelings don't seem to have changed for her since I left, have they?~ he slowly drifted out of consciousness.

The next morning, Marron woke up to a bright sun, shining through her room. Her first thoughts were wandered to Trunks and she smirked. ~Hmm…I have to find some way to get Trunks to REALLY notice me so he wouldn't be able to think about anyone else, namely Pan since I know she's going to be really tough competition.~ She got up and walked over to her closet. ~Perfect. Since I'm going to Capsule to go to the mall with Bra today, I think I will wear something that will knock Trunks off his feet when he sees me.~ Marron thought as she chose her outfit and headed off to Capsule Corp. She landed on the soft grass outside and knocked on the front door. To her delight, it was Trunks who answered. "Hey Trunks, how are you doing?" Marron smiled at him.

"I'm good," he said as he tried subtly to check her out. ~Wow, she looks really good in that outfit!~

"So, how did you like my present?" Marron asked and smiled as she caught him looking at her.

"Oh it was great. And thanks again. I really liked it."

"You know, I tried finding that book you told me you wanted, you know the one called, uh… White Walters was it? But I couldn't find a copy. I'm sorry."

"No, it was called White Waters. I've been looking for it for a while now but don't worry about it, I managed to get a copy!" Trunks exclaimed smiling.

"Really, where from? I looked through so many book stores but I couldn't find a single copy of it!" Marron looked surprised.

"Actually, Pan gave it to me last night as a welcome home present. I only know she got it from a friend of hers. It was one of the best presents I got last night!"

"Oh really. Pan huh?" Marron bit her lip. ~I wonder how she got that book! I looked everywhere! Hey wait, when did she give it to him? I thought she left early.~ she sucked in her breath. ~Wow, she sure works fast. She even got to him before I did!~ "So, is Bra here? We are supposed to go to the mall together."

"Yeah, wait a second. Bra! BRA! Marron's here," Trunks shouted upstairs. Bra came running down the stairs.

"Hey, I'm ready. Let's go!" she exclaimed.

*********

"Hi, it's Pan. Can I speak to Bulma please?" she asked one of the maids as she switched the receiver to her other ear. A few seconds later, she heard the phone pick up.

"Bulma Briefs speaking, how may I help you?" Bulma said in a professional tone.

"Hey Bulma, It's Pan. I was wondering if you can help me out."

"Sure thing. What do you need?"

"Well, I heard that Trunks was going to take over the Capsule Corp. presidency position when he got back and I know he needs an assistant, so I was wondering if maybe you could recommend me. I mean, it would be a great opportunity seeing as how it is a higher position then the one I'm sitting at right now." Pan crossed her fingers and closed her eyes.

"Well, I can't guarantee that you will get the position since you will have to go in for an interview still but I believe you are very qualified for the job. I think that with my recommendation though, I'm almost positive that you will get the job, seeing as how I'm the chairwoman of Capsule Corp. now." Bulma said.

"Really?! Oh thank you, thank you! You don't know how much this means to me!" Pan practically shouted into the phone. Bulma smiled. ~Oh but I do.~

"I'm glad. I'll arrange an interview for you next Thursday alright?"

"Sounds great! I'll be there! Thanks again!"

"No problem," Bulma told her before hanging up.

~This is so great!~ Pan thought. ~Not only will I get a better job, but I can see Trunks everyday this way! It would also give me plenty of time to work my charms on him! Pan, you are a genius!~ she smirked.

*********

"Hey Marron, what about this? I think it would look really great on you." Bra said as she held up a baby red and blue t-shirt.

"Yeah, that's really nice but I'm looking for something a little more…sexy." Marron replied.

Bra smiled. "Trying to impress anyone in particular, like maybe my brother?"

"No! Who told you that?"

"No one told me. It's just pretty obvious. And it looks to me like you have competition for him also. I can tell Pan likes him too."

"Yeah yeah, ok. Pan and I both like your brother." Marron confessed.

"But isn't that a problem? I mean, won't it ruin your friendship, seeing as how you're two best friends fighting over the same guy?"

"Nope. We decided that we both have a fair chance at getting him and whoever does, the other will be happy for them. We won't let it ruin our friendship because of some guy."

"Well, I'm really glad you guys aren't going to have a huge fight over it. Plus it might just be really good entertainment." Bra said the last part very softly. ~I can't wait to see how this will turn out!~

"What did you say?" Marron asked.

"Oh, nothing. Nothing at all." Bra smiled innocently.

A/N: Please review and let me know how this chapter was. And also, does anyone know any really good and long epic sort of stories that feature maybe a T/P or B/V? I think I've read like all of them! I just can't get enough! I'd appreciate it if you let me know. Thanks.