Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Broly, Savior of Earth? ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Short Info: This story is inspired by an idea i had while reading the awesome fanmanga Dragon Ball Multiverse (http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/accueil.html)! go read it!
Any artist interested in drawing some illustrations for my fanfic, please contact me to discuss that matter :D
Please note that i might heavily bend or even fullout break the accepted canon of the manga/anime (im already doing it by using broly, anyway). If you're offended by such, DON'T read this story :D


Prologue: It was a mildly warm summers night in the year 737 on Earth. Gohan, an elderly hermit and martial arts master of the turtle style, was sitting in front of his house in the woods. While looking at the full moon shining down on the mountain and woods, he mused about his last visit to the village, which lay just outside of the vast forest his house stood in. he smiled as he remembered the cute girl who stood behind the counter of the grocery store. Gohan's master, Roshi, taught him far more than just martial arts. He taught him how to enjoy the `finer' things in life, aswell. Still, Gohan was content with his hermit life. But that very life was about to change, a lot.

-Earlier that year, on a Planet far away from Earth.-

"I beg you, Master Carto! You were a good friend of my family for years now. you cant let that happen!", the young saiyan woman exclaimed, grabbing the gray-haired saiyan by his shoulders. Carto, violently breaking free from the grip with a step back, replied in a cold voice: "Calm down, Peppa. I can do nothing for you. The King himself ordered the execution of your son. I wont resist the orders of our King and the Royal Guards who will come and kill your son wont listen to your shameful cries aswell. This isnt the way a proud saiyan warrior like you should behave. Go and bid your son farewell. And if you dont stop your husband from his foolish attempts to plead for mercy for the child, i guess you might lose more than just your son. Now go. Dont bother me with that matter any more!" once he had spoken the last sentence, he grabbed Peppa, turned her around and shoved her out of the door to his room. Peppa just stood there as the door slammed shut, shaking her head in disbelief. this was impossible. She and Paragus had tried for so long to have a child. Now their wish finally was granted and the king ordered her son, her little Broly to be executed? A part of her mind could understand the reasoning behind the kings decision. her boy, born with this incredible power, could be a threat to the kings family one day. The king simply couldnt allow any saiyan to be stronger than his family. She heard rumors about a warrior named Bardock, who, despite being a lowclass saiyan, obtained a power level similar to that of the king himself. Paragus told her he once met that man and that the rumors mostlikely are true. Her husband also mentioned the darker side of those rumors. Bardock was to be killed by mercenaries under the rule of Frieza.”Frieza...”, Peppa shook her head again, trying to clear her mind of the memory of the one time she met the tyrant in the flesh, when he was but a child. she launched herself of the ground and flew towards the hospital in which her son still waited for his early death.

Arriving at the Hospital, she met a man leaving the building, he wore armor accentuated with green parts and his hair resembled that of Turles, a friend of Peppas father, who disobeyed the King and turned renegade during a mission some years ago. "That must be Bardock!" Peppa thought, "Maybe he can help me!". But before she could greet him, he took of at incredible speed. She looked after the saiyan until he disappeared from her sight, wondering if she should follow him and ask him for help. But why would he help her? he probably would only tell her the same as Carto just did. Empathy wasnt a strong feature of most of the Saiyans, after all. Peppa heaved a sigh and went inside, to look at her son for possibly the last time. Going to the room in which Broly and the other babies born in the hospital were held, she overheard two attendants talking ".. Kakarotto is to be send off to a Planet to conquer this evening, we better get him ready and take him to the spaceport!" - "Sure, but lets finish our break first. no need to hurry...". Peppa entered the room in which several babies waited either for their parents or some attendants to take them away. one of the babies was crying loudly. reaching her sons cradle, she noticed the crying baby was lying next him. that annoying little bag of screams was named Kakarotto and was the son of Bardock, according to the sign on the cradle.... a plan began to form in her head. She quickly checked if anyone was looking her way. the plan was desperate and had next to no chance to work. but she couldnt just stand by and watch her son die after his life had just begun. Once she was sure nobody looked her way, she reached out for the screaming Kakarotto...

Later that day, the whole planet was destroyed by the hand of Frieza. Only one space pod survived the destruction of planet Vegeta, the records of the launch stating that in that pod, Kakarotto sped towards a soon to be conquered planet.

This planet was called "Earth" by its inhabitants.
-Planet Earth-

Gohan noticed a shooting star on the night sky, just as he was about to go inside. Looking at the phenomenon, he soon realized it wasnt an ordinary shooting star. it was something rather big, it seemed and he saw it crashing down into the woods some miles from his house. he heard the birds screeching, as they flew up to escape the thing that disturbed their slumber. Gohan turned to go inside, deciding that he would check the crash site next morning in broad day light, when a sudden sensation stopped him midturn. he felt an incredible spiritual energy, coming from the direction the shooting star crashlanded in. Then a shiver went down his spine as he heard the roar of an unknown beast. Gohan decided he had to take a look at this "beast from the stars", as he named it spontaniously. he went inside, grabbed his trusted weapon, a red fighting staff, which was a gift from Master Roshi, and rushed out towards the crash site.

Before even reaching the clearing and crater created by the "star's" impact, Gohan could see the towering, raging monster, that seemed to attack its forest surroundings in blind fury. It tried to punch and bite birds who tried to flee the scene, scared by the beasts rampage. The spiritual energy that could be felt from this giant monkey-like creature dwarved any Ki Gohan ever felt in any person or animal. While he hid in the trees, Gohan pondered about what to to do, attacking this monstrosity was out of the question, definitely. It probably would just stomp him into the ground, if he tried. He decided to just keep observing it from his hideout, when suddenly bright lights filled the sky and explosions could be heard. The village! they must've been having some kind of feast and now they started to shoot fireworks into the night sky!
The giant Monkey turned his head towards the lights and loud noises, let out a bone-chilling roar and started to move towards the village. Gohan knew he had to do something. He couldn't let this Creature attack the village. They wouldnt stand the slightest chance. But what exactly should he do to stop the monkey-beast? he was certain that he couldnt really beat the beast in a fight. But he knew one move, one attack from the Turtle style, that could maybe seriously harm the monster. It had taken years for Gohan to even understand the basics of the attack and even more time to finally be able to use it in a combat situation, but he was still so far away from the mastery Roshi had in it. But Gohan saw no other chance to stop the fifty feet tall Monkey. He would have to use the Kamehameha.

Jumping ontop of a rock formation behind the beast, he released as much dormant ki into his body as he could, activating it, letting it flow freely through out his body. He assumed the pose taught to pupils of the Turtle style for centuries, both hands on one side of the body, about at the height of his hip, fingers spread as if to hold a ball between the two hands. then he pushed the flowing energy into his hands and then out of his hands, forming a ball of whirling bright blue energy between them, while he screamend "KA!... ME!...". The giant Monkey noticed the rising energy behind itself and turned around frighteningly quick for such a large being. Seeing this, Gohan panicked and involuntarily pushed nearly all his energy into the attack he was preparing, setting it of prematurely, while still screaming "HA! ME!". the attack spread out uncontrollably, but it seemed like it still would hit the intended target all the same. Gohan felt the tiredness from the exhaustive misfiring of the attack reach his mind, but he hoped the attack might still take out the beast, or at least hurt it enough to stop it. Just before he lost consciousness, he could see the monster-monkey duck under the beam. "Damn it," was Gohan's last thought, "now i'm dead!". then darkness engulfed his mind.

Gohan woke up to the ear-shattering cries of a baby. Confused as to why he would be greeted to the after life by a baby, Gohan opened his eyes to bright sunlight and looked around. he was lying on the same rock that he had been standing on when he lost consciousness. the giant monkey wasnt to be seen anywhere and somewhere down in the woods, not to far away, a baby was crying loudly.
Checking his own body, Gohan found, partly happy, partly disappointed, that he was still alive. at least his aching body didnt feel much like paradise, sunshine and cute angel girls. Well, maybe some other time. Time to find out who lost his baby in the woods and where this monkey thing went.

Following the cries, Gohan soon stood before a naked baby lying on the ground. the baby had a lot of hair for such a young child. As far as Gohan could tell from his limited experience with babies, the baby looked to be about a year old, maybe a bit younger. in any case, the baby shouldn't have had such long hair at this young age, it fell down in a long purpleish black mane. But aside from that, he, since it was a boy, looked rather healthy. he certainly sounded healthy, Gohan thought, smiling. "Well, little one, can't let you lie around here, can i? the big bad monster monkey might come back and eat you!", Gohan said smiling amd in a , hopefully, soothing tone, while picking the baby up. He decided to take this child to his house first. then he could start looking for the monster, check on the village and find out if someone was lost in the woods and missing a baby. When he took off, jumping on tree branches and such to avoid the bushes on the ground, the baby stopped crying. after some more jumps, the baby even started giggling a bit. "Ah, you like that, heh?" Gohan asked, when he stopped to look at the smiling baby. Suddenly Gohans hand brushed along something hairy on the back of the baby boy. When he turned the Baby around to find out what that hairy thing was, he could see a stump of some sort of tail coming out of the lower back of the baby. it looked like it was burned off by fire or something. "Well, aren't we some odd little boy? hair like a rockstar and now a tail?", then realization hit Gohan. When the Monster ducked under the attack, it brought its tail up. Could this baby really be the monster he fought last night? But why would it stop attacking him, just because he burned it's tail by accident? and why was it a human looking baby now? Bewildered by his discovery, Gohan hurried home, carrying the baby along. It started giggling again.
-Planet Vegeta about ten hours before Frieza's arrival-
Peppa, holding a Baby, wrapped in cloth, spun around on her heels and dashed towards the exit of the maternity ward as the Royal Guardsman called out for her to stop. The two Guardsmen immediately gave chase.
Outside the hospital, 5 young teen saiyans made there way to the main entrance, all the while jokingly hitting each other with low powered energy balls or sometimes kicks and punches. The only one of them not partaking in the funfights was Para, a saiyan girl, who kept admiring the leader of the group. The Boy, named Raditz, was by war the strongest and most agressive of the low class teen group and Para already imagined someday challenging him to the ritualistic fight that would show him that she was interested in him far beyond mere friendship. “Hey fearless leader! Tell me again, why we are delaying our next mission and head to this place instead?” Omato, second strongest in their team, shouted, while punching Raditz in the back as hard as he could. Raditz, answering with a hard kick to Omato's chin, grinned and replied “because i want to wish my brother good luck in devastating the planet he will be sent to! Any problems with that, `Commander' Omato?”. While Omato recovered and rose to a standing Position again, the scouters of the whole group started bleeping, which was closely followed by an explosion, which ripped part of the hospital walls open. The teens stared at the smoking hole in shock. “Wha-“ Raditz started, when suddenly a saiyan woman jumped through the hole, right in their direction. She was holding a bundle of white cloth it seemed. Still in mid-air, the woman was hit by a orange beam of energy, which made her hurtle towards the ground. When she hit the surface, she let go of the bundle which flew towards Raditz and landed right before his feet. Upon impact, a loud and long cry came from the bundle and it partly unfolded, revealing a baby's head, eyes welling in tears.
“Kakarotto?” Raditz whispered, picking up the baby carefully. He set his eyes on the woman, anger rising inside of him “HEY! What were you doing to-“ he shouted, when the woman screamed at him: “Run! They want to kill him! Run away with him!”. Just then the saiyan teens saw two Royal Guardsmen descending from the crack in the wall. “Hand over that child, boy! It is to be executed as ordered by our great and noble King Vegeta!” one of them bellowed with a deep and icy voice. Raditz staggered back a step. He couldn't believe his own ears. His baby brother was to be executed? “No w-ay!” the boy said, his voice trembling. The Guardsmen advanced towards the teen group. Omato looked at Raditz with utter disbelief. How could his friend and rival be the same being as the trembling child he now saw, petriefied as the men who wanted to kill his brother came at them? Raditz had killed babies himself on at least 5 planets up to now. He was supposed to be the ruthless leader of their group. He always had been the one who reveled the most in cruelty towards their victims. Okay, those were adults attacking them now. And Saiyan elites, even. But still. Nonetheless... he was his friend. Omato took a fighting stance and shouted: “Team! We're saving that kid! Para! Take the baby and retreat!”
While the girl did what he ordered and then ran away with Kakarotto he threw an energy ball at the first Guardsman while pushing Raditz back. The other two boys jumped at the second Guardsman and started punching and kicking him furiously.
“Raditz! Follow Para! Get offplanet, now! We'll find you later on!” Omato shouted while firing a beam of turquoise light at the Guardsman who kept walking towards the two boys, wholly unaffected by the Energy attacks of the low class child.
Raditz ran. Years later he would still remember how he ran like a coward and left his best friend behind. He would still remember the bloodcurdling screams of Corna as the guardsman grabbed the boys leg mid-kick and ripped it right off. He never saw any of them again.
Behind the two Royal Guards, the saiyan woman came to her feet, then launched herself into the air and fled the scene. One of the guardsmen, drenched in the blood of the two boys lying at his feet, turned around and seemed to take aim. “Let her go, Brok. She obviously realized her mistake. We will take care of her later! We will take the child first.”, the other Guard said, while he kept his eyes locked on the two saiyan children fleeing with the baby.
Peppa couldn't believe her luck. She really did it. She saved her baby. Before they would realize the mixup, her little Broly would be far away in space. Now all she had to do was get herself a pod aswell and head towards this planet named “Earth”. It would still be tricky to pull the whole thing off, running from the king's men for years to come, but she would do it. She had to.
Suddenly a most unwelcome train of thought came to her mind. What would the mother of Kakarotto feel when she found out her boy was killed? And what about Bardock? Would he be able to find out what really happened? Would the boy with the long and spiky hair, the baby's brother, now die aswell? Could Peppa really condemn the parents of Kakarotto to the fate she now barely eluded?
She knew she acted like a fool. She knew she should just keep flying away. She would be together with her precious little Broly. But she couldn't. Broly would be fine even without his mother. He was strong. She turned around and adjusted her scouter readings.
-Earth-
At his house, Gohan took a closer look at the now sleeping baby in his arms. He sensed the spiritual energy of the boy. It was immense. Compared to Gohan himself, well, it was like comparing a lake to the ocean. The ki in the boy was chaotic, uncontrolled. Still, Gohan could feel it was nowhere near the power the monkey-beast exhibited in the night. Brushing these thoughts aside for the time being, Gohan examined the boy's tail, or what was left of it. Right now, it was only a burnt stump of about 2 inches protuding from the lower back of the baby. When Gohan touched it with a finger, he could feel a disturbance rolling through the spiritual power of the boy, who immediately woke up and started to cry, banging one of his fist on the table he rested on. The wooden tabletop promptly collapsed and the baby slid down into the crack. Gohan clumsily tried to catch the baby and got it by the tail-stump. Oce he grabbed the tail and it had to support the full weight of the baby, Gohan noticed two things: One, the baby immediatly fell unconscious and two, the spiritual energy it eminated seemed to vanish entirely, like an stormy ocean suddenly calming down.
Gohan, who was quite suprised by this, sat back down on his chair and put the baby in his lap.
“Well, aren't you quite the special one, hm?” he thought while caressing the boys head and looking at the broken table. He had made that table himself from a special wood known to be able to resist even chainsaws.