Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Bulma's Break Up ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bulma's Break-Up--Part 3

By: Bulmafox

Disclaimers: General Hospital isn't mine. It is a soap that comes on ABC and Soapnet, and I just thought that Bulma would like it.
I did not make up Death By Chocolate ice cream. It is a real flavor of ice cream sold in Kroger stores. Well, that's all for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

Vegeta worked out in his newly built gravity room. He had set it to 250 times Earth's normal gravity to make up for almost two weeks of not training. He started punching the punching bag before him. Suddenly, he saw Yamcha in the bag's place. Vegeta punched it faster and more furiously, shouting, "You little coward! I'll teach you to mess with Bulma!" Pretty soon he was all up on the punching bag, knocking the stuffing out of it every which way. Before he knew it, there was no more punching bag. Vegeta was surprised by how quickly he had finished it off. He moved on to the next exercise: push-ups. He barely got through the third one before something flashed through his mind. It was Bulma throwing breakables against a wall. She had just gotten back from Yamcha's and she was furious. It was on that same day that she and Vegeta had made that deal to get Yamcha back.

A sharp pain shot through Vegeta's left arm as he realized he had been bearing his weight on it for too long. I'm a Saiyan-no, I'm the prince of Saiyans. I shouldn't concern myself with that silly girl. I need to focus on becoming a Super Saiyan. Vegeta turned up the gravity to 300 and attempted to train Bulma out of his mind. Every time he started one exercise, something that reminded him of Bulma would shoot through his mind, rendering him unable to finish his training. After a few attempts, Vegeta gave up and went inside the house.

Inside the house, Bulma was dressed in a pink housecoat, curled up on the couch in a giant afghan with her favorite teddy bear, eating Death By Chocolate ice cream and watching General Hospital. She heard some footsteps behind her and asked, "What do you want, Vegeta?"

"I want to extend the deal", Vegeta said.

"What deal? It's over. The deal is off. Now, don't you have some training to do? Those androids will be here in two and a half years."

"I thought you wanted Yamcha back."

"I thought I did, too. I guess I was wrong."

"I think you've been going about it all wrong."

"What do you mean?"

"You've been sabotaging his dates, and that didn't work. Now if you had a new boyfriend to parade around, then maybe it will work."

"Surely you don't mean you, do you?…Oh my gosh, you do! This is too much for me. I'll have to think about it."

By the end of the day, Bulma had answer. She said, "All right, I'll give it another try, but there's no way I'm letting you be recognized."

Vegeta used a line Bulma used two weeks earlier. "I know. That's why I'm buying disguises."

Bulma and Vegeta started following Yamcha around on his dates on a regular basis. It started out pretty much the same way as before, but as time passed, Bulma noticed that she often forgot about Yamcha when she was with Vegeta. Soon, Bulma and Vegeta started going places where one of them knew Yamcha wouldn't be, just to be with the other. A few months passed by before Bulma reached--or more to the point, allowed herself to reach-a startling revelation: she was attracted to-maybe even in love with-Vegeta.

Ten months after they had extended their `deal', Bulma and Vegeta returned to the restaurant La Roma Italia. They had followed Yamcha and some girl named Trisha there. Bulma and Vegeta had just gotten their dinners when Bulma debated on whether to tell Vegeta how she felt about him. On one hand, Vegeta could feel the same way, and I'll end up with a really cool boyfriend. On the other hand, he could kill me right here and now. Oh, why not? I mean what's the worst that can happen? "Vegeta, I have to tell you something", Bulma said nervously, "I…think I'm in love with you."

Vegeta almost fell out of his chair. "You-you're what?"

Bulma started rambling. "Of course if you don't feel the same way I completely understand after all you are a Saiyan no I mean the prince of Saiyans and I know we're here on business but I was just gonna burst if I didn't tell you right now!"

Vegeta waited a moment for it to process, then he said, "Who said anything about business?"

"So you're not going to kill me?"

"No."

"But-but what about Yamcha? I mean, didn't we follow him here?"

"Did you ever stop to think that it might be a coincidence? That I might want to bring you here? That maybe, just maybe I…have feelings for you too?"

It was Bulma's turn to fall out of her chair. "You-you do?"

Vegeta blushed furiously. "Yes," he mumbled.

"Why didn't you tell me, you dork?! You could have spared me the suspense!"

"Because I am a Saiyan! I am not supposed to be feeling these emotions. Why, my father would kill me if he were alive."

"But he isn't alive, and you're on Earth now. No one is going to laugh at you for falling in love, and it doesn't make you weak, either. Why, Goku has a wife and a son, and he's the strongest man I know."

"I know that, but I'm still a Saiyan-"

"Hold that thought. Here comes Yamcha." Bulma pulled Vegeta down as far as she could and kissed him until she was sure Yamcha was gone.

When they got back up, Vegeta told Bulma, "With the way you kiss, I'm surprised that worm hasn't run back to you by now."

"That's because Yamcha's stupid."

A few minutes later, Yamcha came out of the men's room, so this time Vegeta pulled Bulma down. Yamcha slowed down as he went by Bulma and Vegeta's table. I could swear I've seen him somewhere before, Yamcha thought. He noticed a black spike standing straight up. That spike! I know that spike! That's Vegeta over there!! Why'd she go with him?

As soon as Yamcha left the table, Bulma and Vegeta got up and Bulma said in awe, "Wow, I didn't know you could kiss like that."

Vegeta said, "I'm full of surprises."

"…What do you say we go home now?"

"Yes, let's go."

Bulma and Vegeta paid for their dinners, then Vegeta picked Bulma up and flew her home. When they got home, Vegeta carried Bulma up to her bedroom and lay her on her bed. Vegeta took off his shirt and asked Bulma, "You're not scared, are you?"

Bulma looked straight into Vegeta's eyes. "Of course not."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Vegeta kissed Bulma's neck and took off her shirt, and the two made ardent love well into the night.

The next morning, Bulma woke up fairly early. She was only half awake, and she saw a man's face next to hers. Instantly, the first word that came out of her mouth was, "Vegeta?" Bulma jolted wide awake .Vegeta?? Wasn't I supposed to say Yamcha? I know that I just had sex with Vegeta, but still...maybe it's a sign. Maybe I'm over Yamcha now. I really don't blame me. I mean, Yamcha's nice and all, but he cheats on me. Vegeta doesn't. He's smart, loyal, handsome...and so good in bed. And last night was incredible! When I was with him, it was like the world didn't exist, much less Yamcha. I wish we could've gone on longer. You know what? Yamcha isn't worth all the trouble I went through for him. I deserve better, much better.

Vegeta stirred around and mumbled, "Hmm?"

"What?" Bulma asked.

"You called out my name a minute ago, that's what."

"Oh…I just wanted to see if you were still here, that's all."

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

The phone rang a few minutes later. Bulma picked it up and said, "Hello?"

"Bulma, you're up?" the person on the other end asked.

"Chi Chi, is that you? What are you doing up so early?"

"'Early'? I sent Gohan to school three hours ago. Anyway, I don't feel like making breakfast, so do you mind if I come over?"

"Sure, I don't mind."

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you in half an hour. Bye, Bulma."

"Bye, Chi Chi", Bulma said. She hung up the phone and lay in bed for a few minutes, until she realized how short thirty minutes could be. She tried to wake Vegeta up. "Vegeta, wake up. Chi Chi's coming over here in half an hour."

Vegeta moaned and mumbled, "Just five more minutes."

"While we're still young, Vegeta", Bulma said impatiently.

"Just a bit longer", Vegeta protested.

"Now, Vegeta!" Bulma yelled. She pulled the covers off of Vegeta.

"All right! I'm up, I'm up", Vegeta said rather sleepily.

Bulma giggled. "I see I'm not the only one worn out from last night."

Bulma and Vegeta hurried up and got dressed, Vegeta threw on some training shorts he found lying on the floor, and Bulma changed clothes completely, lest her friend find out what she had done last night. When the half-hour was up, Bulma went downstairs to greet Chi Chi.

"Oh hi, Chi Chi. Come on in", Bulma said. She ushered Chi Chi into the kitchen and started making breakfast, something she never did without messing up or burning something.

Chi Chi noticed that there was something different about Bulma. She was perkier than usual, and she actually was not burning anything. Chi Chi suspected Bulma had been up to something, so she asked, "Bulma, will you turn around right quick?"

Bulma turned around. "Sure, but why did you want me to turn around?"

As soon as Bulma turned around, Chi Chi said, "I knew it! You did the naughty with someone last night, didn't you?"

Bulma blushed slightly. "What makes you say that?"

"Come on, Bulma, I'm your best friend here. I can read you like a book. Your face is giving it away."

"All right then, what does it say?"

"It says you slept with a man last night and he was really good. So, who was it? Who's the lucky man, Bulma?"

"None of your business."

Right around then, Vegeta passed through the kitchen and went out the back door..

Chi Chi's eyes widened and she said, "Vegeta?! You slept with Vegeta?? Oh my, I need some fresh air!" She fanned herself as she slumped in her chair.

"Th-that's not true! He just came over to use the gravity room, that's all."

"My, how convenient."

"It's true! I built a spare gravity room and Vegeta broke his, so he came over to use mine."

"Uh-huh, sure, whatever you say, Bulma."

When Chi Chi and Bulma finished breakfast, Chi Chi went home, finally convinced that Bulma had not been with Vegeta the previous night. Bulma breathed a big sigh of relief and brought Vegeta some breakfast. Vegeta poked at it and asked, "You didn't cook this, did you?"

"Don't worry, it's all edible."

While Vegeta ate his breakfast, Bulma told him, "You know you almost got us found out, don't you?"

"But I didn't."

"That's not the point. I had to tell Chi Chi the mother of all lies to get us out of this one. Next time, don't be so careless."

"Next time, don't invite her over for breakfast."

"What was I supposed to say? 'Gee Chi Chi, I'd love to, but I just slept with a man everybody hates and I'm wiped out'? I don't think so."

"Fine, be that way!" Vegeta said. A few minutes later, he asked, "So what are you going to do about that boyfriend of yours?"

"What do you mean? It's over. I'm breaking up with him."

"What? Is that so?"

"Yes. In fact, I'm going to break up with him tonight."

Later that evening, Bulma met Yamcha on a street corner a few blocks from her house. "Yamcha", Bulma said, "I don't think we should see each other anymore."

Yamcha said, "I know why. It's Vegeta, isn't it? I saw him at the restaurant last night. You kept saying I was paranoid, but I'm not. I can just imagine what you two did when you got home." Yamcha grabbed Bulma by the collar and shouted, "You did it, didn't you?! You slept with Vegeta! You did, didn't you? Didn't you? Didn't you!"

A low, rough voice behind Yamcha growled, "Put her down, now."

Yamcha turned around and told Vegeta, "Who do you think you are, messing with my girlfriend like that?"

Vegeta said, "She's not your girlfriend anymore, so leave her alone!" and punched

Yamcha square in the nose, knocking him down.

Bulma and Vegeta walked away, and Vegeta gave Bulma a long kiss showing she has his now. Yamcha's head drooped as he realized he had lost Bulma forever.

The End