Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Burning desire ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Burning desire

By: Sarah

Rating: PG

"GOHAN!! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, OKAY!! I DON'T HAVE TIME, I'VE GOTTA GO!!"

"BUT VIDEL-", Gohan cried hopelessly after an occupied Videl.

He gave up hope, turned on his heel, and slowly walked out of the high-school gates. He was sure that today would be his lucky day…but obviously, he had been wrong.

His true feelings, he felt were locked up in the flooded cavern that was his mind. Unfortunately, he had lost the key…

After he was out of sight, he levitated off the ground, his head hung.

When he reached his home, Chi-chi ran out to meet him.

"GOHAN!!", she screamed happily,

"YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT'S HAPPENED!!"

This, having no effect on his mood, surprised Chi-chi.

"Huh? GOHAN!! I MEAN IT!!", she yelled,

"REALLY, COME HERE!!"

"Kay mom…"

Gohan slumped up the hill. Whatever the surprise was, he knew it couldn't possibly be as important as his current feelings.

But then, a figure he hadn't seen since his childhood, stepped out of his small, wooden front door.

"GOHAN!! HOW ARE YA, SON?!"

"DAD?!"

Gohan ran to him, and held him tightly.

"Hey, boy am I glad to see you!!", Goku said to his son,

"But…hey…are you okay?"

Gohan looked up,

"Oh…well…you see…", his eyes returned to his feet,

"It's like this…"

Goku looked at him, sympathetically, and said,

"Come here, tell me, away from the others…"

They left the ground, started to fly and,

"GOKU?!WHERE D'YA THINK YOU'RE GOING!! YOU'VE ONLY JUST GOT HERE!!", screamed Chi-chi.

Goku and Gohan turned to see the potentially dangerous housewife shaking her fist at them.

"Errrr…sorry Chi-chi…we've gotta go somewhere…"

Chi-chi scowled at them.

"IF YOU BOY'S ARE GOING OFF TO FIGHT ONE ANOTHER, ON SUCH A SPECIAL DAY…IT'S DISCRACEFUL!! IT'S-"

Chi-chi was left on the path out side her little house, yelling for all she was worth. But for all the good it did, she needn't have bothered…

They continued to fly over the vast undergrowth.

"So…", Goku turned to face him,

"What's troubling you son?"

"Errrm…it's like this…there's this girl…"

A huge grin spread over Goku's face.

"Ahhhh…woman trouble, eh?"

"Mmmmmm…yeah…", Gohan said quietly.

"Well…I'm not the person you should be talking to, really.", Goku advised,

"You should come with me and visit my good friend Vesta."

Gohan looked puzzled.

"Vesta? Who?"

"Oh yes, of course!! You wouldn't know!! You see, king kai has been dating her recently, she's the goddess of fire and love."

"Fire and love?", Gohan asked unbelieving,

"Are you sure that's what she's goddess of?"

"Yeah!! Well, it's something like that…Burning desire? Gee…I dunno…"

LATER…

"So…this the place dad?", Gohan asked, as they were standing on a raised platform, outside a beautifully decorated, golden door.

"Yup!! C'mon, let's go in!!"

As they entered, an essence of royalty, and wealth met their eyes.

"WOW!! COOL!! WHAT A HOUSE!!", Goku yelled, his hands slapped to his face. Gohan looked at him,

"Hey!! I thought you'd been here before?"

"Yeah…so?"

"So…why are you so surprised?"

"Well…it's a cool house, ain't it?"

Gohan sighed.

"C'mon, let's go find this goddess lady…"

Suddenly,

"WHO DARES TO TRESPASS IN MY REALM OF- OH!! Hi'ya Goku sweetie!!"

A very pretty, brown-haired, slender woman, dressed in robes of sleek, purple silk, was sitting on a purple gold-edged beanbag. She got up at the sight of Goku.

"Hi'ya!! How ya doin, honey?"

Goku scratched the back of his head sheepishly,

"Errrrr…Hi Vesta!!"

"Oh, you've made my day, you really-who's the kid?"

Goku snapped back into reality.

"Oh, this is my son, Gohan. He's the reason we're here."

"Awwww…what a cutie!!",

She said, as she ran towards Gohan. She immediately began to flirt, and dance seductively around him. Gohan, embarrassed, said meekly,

"Heheh…yeah…"

She pushed him back into a chair, her hands on his shoulders, and she kneeled on his lap. Pulling his school tie off with her teeth, she said,

"So…",

She paused to take the tie and put it around his neck. Using the ends of the tie, which were in her hands, she pulled him very close to her. Looking into his eyes, she said,

"What's the problem?"

Gohan, blushing furiously, said,

"Errrm…well…"

She slipped her legs to the side of him, so she was sitting on his lap. She stroked the side of his face.

"Take your time…I don't mind waitin…"

Feeling uneasy, Gohan wriggled nervously. Seeing the sticky predicament Gohan was in, Goku stepped in, and said quickly,

"Hey Vesta!! Aren't you supposed to be dating king kai?"

Hearing those words, Vesta looked up. Her face was crossed between anger and confusion.

"KING KAI?!", she yelled,

"WHAT ABOUT -OH!! Oh yes!! Well you see…errm…we broke up!! Yes, yes…we broke up, that's it."

Goku raised an eyebrow at her and said,

"Gee, really? But King kai said-"

She frowned at him, with utmost hatred in her eyes.

"GOKU!! PLEASE!! DON'T TALK ABOUT THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!"

She stared at him angrily for a moment, stuck out her tongue, then returned to Gohan.

"So…gorgeous…"

She ran her fingers through his hair, and smiled sexily at him.

"Look…Vesta? Vesta?"

Gohan tried to get her attention, but unfortunately for him, she was busy licking the side of his face, slowly, with the tip of her tongue. After each time she did this, she would curl her tongue back into her mouth.

Gohan was beginning to grow impatient, and more embarrassed by each passing second. Eventually, he said,

"LOOK VESTA!! CAN YOU HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM, OR NOT?!"

Vesta smiled at him seductively once more, and said,

"Why yes…what's the matter? In need of some lovin?

"NO!! Well…not from you anyway…"

"Oh…right…tell me then…"

Her mood had totally changed. Her face seemed to be in a permanent scowl, and she was more to herself.

"You see, there's this girl…"

Just then Goku whistled, teasingly, and yelled,

"Oooooooohh!! Gohan!!"

Vesta folded her arms, her face full of pure anger.

"Let me deal with him, kay Gohan?"

And at that she pointed both her arms at him. Muttering words under her breath, and her fingers resembling needles, Goku became uneasy.

"Errrrr…Vesta? What are you doing?", he said taking a step backwards,

"Vesta?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!", Vesta screamed angrily. This scream was obviously part of her spell, as, with a puff of glittering purple smoke, Goku had become trapped in a huge clear jar. She waved her hand at him, and a colossal screw top lid came flying out of nowhere, leaving Goku unable to annoy her any further.

"Right, where were we? Oh yes, please, continue your story."

It was amazing how someone who was five minutes ago seducing him, was now taking his problem perfectly seriously, and being polite about it.

"You see, there's this girl, Videl, to be precise. When I first started high school, I knew I wouldn't fit in, and she just came along, and brightened my life.

She-", Gohan began, but Vesta, growing more impatient by the second, interrupted.

"Oh for goodness sake!! I really don't have time for this!! Here, give me your hand!!"

Gohan, puzzled, replied,

"Why?"

"Just give me your hand!!"

"Why though?"

"JUST GIVE ME YOUR HAND!!"

Knowing it would be best to stop arguing with her, he gave her his hand.

She gazed at his palm for a moment, and just then, a beautiful, crystal blue flame appeared just above the surface of his hand. Floating there, it grew to the size of a small apple, then stopped.

"Huh? What's that?", Gohan asked, amazed. Vesta, still staring at the flame, said,

"Why, it's your burning desire. It tells me everything you have ever wanted, your deepest, darkest desires. Ah, there's your problem, I see it now. You feel she won't listen to you, if you admit you true feelings?

"Errr…yeah, I guess so…"

"Right, I believe the best thing you should do, is not to pester her."

*That's a bit rich coming from you*, thought Gohan…

"I can see it in her heart, feel it in her soul, I'm telling you, she feels the same way."

His eyes grew wide.

"Really?"

"Really.", she said, with a warm smile,

"Shall I let your father out of my jar now?"

Gohan nodded.

"OKAY!!", she said enthusiastically, rising to her feet. She ran to the jar.

"IDIOT MAN IS NO LONGER TRAPPED!!"

The jar disappeared as fast as it had come. An embarrassed Goku was left standing in front of her. She stared at him and said,

"Ignoring today's events…I hope to see you again!!"

Goku gave a huge sigh of relief, and Vesta diverted her attention back to Gohan.

"And you…you are welcome back here anytime y'want, sugar…"

Her seductive attitude had returned.

"Errrrrr…yeah…"

Goku turned to leave,

"C'mon Gohan, let's go!! Chi-chi'll have a fit!!"

He looked at his son, a grin spread across his face, and he said,

"Unless you'd rather stay here, with your little girlfriend!!"

As they left through the golden door, Gohan said,

"Hey watch it!! Or I'll get that little jar you've become so friendly with to pay you a visit!!"

"Why, you!!-"

And so, they left the goddess of burning desire, with grins on their faces, as they flew into the warm sunset…