Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Can You Hear Me Now? ❯ Can You Hear Me Now? ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z; no matter how much I wish I did. I also do not own Verizon Wireless, and I don't want to.

********************************************************* ***************

Ok, have you seen the Verizon Wireless commercial with the guy going "Can you hear me now..?…Good." And then he walks a few more inches and repeats the process till the commercial is over? Don't you think he deserves to die? I do too! For-chan's Chika Chika inspired this!

********************************************************* ***************

It was a normal day at the Son residence, Goten and Trunks were up in Goten's room playing video games mindlessly, acting like they were kids instead of teenagers. Bulma, ChiChi, and Videl were downstairs cooking and cleaning while Pan and Bura sat in the living room watching a new episode of Digimon. Vegeta, Goku, and Gohan were outside sparring. It was a perfectly normal day.

It was then that they felt an entirely new ki in the area. They as in the three eldest males. It was a powerful ki, one that chilled them to the bone. If you've never seen Vegeta look like a bunny caught in the headlights of an oncoming train, then you can't even begin to think of the odd look that had painted itself on Vegeta's face. But, none-the-less, it had crept onto his stony face and wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. Then, they could see him. He took one step up the hill, stopped, said something into the cell phone that was glued to the side of his head, took another step forward, and repeated this process till he was passing the three men.

They were determined to make him shut up, Gohan decided that since he was the strongest he should go first. He balled up his fist and struck at the man, and blew into millions of pieces. An odd, gruff voice announced to all the world:

"Gohan was the first to try, and the first to die."

Vegeta glared as he stormed for the attack, throwing ki blast after ki blast, and ending the barrage of attacks with his famed Big Bang attack. There was so much smoke that Goku lost sight of Vegeta, and he couldn't hear anything over the loud ringing in his ears. When the smoke cleared and the ringing in Goku's ears stopped, the man was still walking and saying "Can you hear me now…?…Good." and he continued to walk. Goku screamed like an old lady when a rat was coming after her and took off flying, all the while he was pissing his pants.

In Goten's room, Goten's cell phone rang, making him gladly answer the phone. Trunks rolled his eyes as took the controller from Goten so he could take a stab at playing Finale Fantasy X. There were five loud screams downstairs, and then the distinct sound of women running out of the house. Trunks blinked, Goku and his father must have ran them out of the house acting like wild beasts trying to get to their rations. Then, a man walked through Goten's door making both teens look. Goten was still on his cell as the man approached, stopping to ask the same question over and over…

"Can you hear me now…?" Trunks was sure the words would haunt him. He looked to Goten who nodded in silent agreement with the elder demi-Saiya-jin. At the same time, they attacked the man and ripped one of his ears off a piece, leaving him earless. Trunks walked up in front of the man and smiled as he looked him in the face.

"Can YOU hear ME now?"

********************************************************* ***************

I know… I know… I am a simple creature.