Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Changing of the Seasons ❯ Prologue: Set the Record Straight ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer: Yeah, you got it. I don't own anything but the computer this file sits inside of. That is all. ;-;*

[A/N: Wow...first fic! I had originally wanted this done before I left for Japan, but I'm kinda back from the Land of the Rising Sun now, so I'll just finish this now. Eventually. Before school starts, I promise! >.o...]

Changing of the Seasons

~ Prologue ~

by Loaf of Pan

Sometimes it's hard to find yourself in a society like ours. With everyone being so fake, and vapid, it's no surprise. But I somehow did it...I'm not exactly sure how, but I know who I am at last. This is my story; my life as it was and is. Maybe I'll be some sort of inspiration to you. Maybe you'll just think this is a bunch of meaningless crap. I'm not forcing you to listen. I just think maybe it might be a bit informative on the real world as it is. Enough with the blabber. Let me finally get started with my story.

When I was 15, I was well...immature. Most of us were. I was rebellious, stubborn, selfish: everything a normal teenage girl is. And thinking that life wasn't fair, I'd run away a lot. Usually not far, maybe in the forest nearby, but I'd get so frustrated with my life that I had to just get away from it all. Besides, myself having been the "drama queen" I was fabled for, I had to make everyone worry for a while. One problem though...Trunks never worried, he just simply followed me everywhere. It annoyed the HELL out of me! It's as if he didn't care that I needed time to myself. And he caused most of the trouble anyway.

Trunks was an old friend of mine. He baby-sat me when I was a child, and I always was able to trust him, but after a while, I just stopped telling him my problems, and wishes...I just stopped confiding in him for some odd reason. I thought I outgrew him. He never gave up on trying to getting everything out of me though. He knew I'd come around eventually...then it hit me: I never outgrew him, I just avoided him constantly. I wasn't quite sure why, either. That bothered me the most. When he would follow me around, I'd just get nervous and hide in some tree and just cry my eyes out. And one day, I was thinking to myself, 'Pan, it's not worth all of the drama and tears. Love shouldn't feel that way.' Wait, LOVE? Everything made sense after that. All the running and nervousness...the blushing and giggles I noticed only after my little discovery. I didn't know how to act around him anymore! But I knew something: If I didn't rid of the problem, I'd have a lot more to deal with.

Trunks' then-current girlfriend, whom I liked to refer to as the "flavor of the week," was gorgeous. Thin, pretty, blonde: unfortunately I had more intelligence in my pinkie. The fact that he could like someone like that surprisingly pissed me off more than the fact that she was his girlfriend. It was obvious he was just with her for the sex. I may have been young, but I definitely wasn't STUPID. But it just wanted to make me prove to Trunks that I was a better match for him. I was MUCH smarter, able to crush enemies easily, defend myself, and I was SO much prettier than she was! I didn't need all of the makeup and a boob job. I just had to show him that.

Unfortunately, that was much easier said than done. He moved through girls easily, and I was still trying my best to get his attention and act more mature and womanly, yet that was somewhat harder to do considering I was still "little Panny," the kid he used to hang out with when he was a teenager himself. I never thought age mattered when it came to love, and I always thought Trunks would feel the same way. I would fill myself with false hopes, thinking things like 'Once he comes to, we'll be together forever,' and 'I know he loves me, but he just doesn't know it yet.'

Naiveté runs in the Son family, so it's not a surprise I felt that way. Deep down, however, I knew they were all a bunch of lies. I just couldn't help but deny myself the truth. It hurt too much to think that this love of mine was unrequited. To make matters worse though, I mostly kept all of this bottled up inside me. No one even knew how I felt...except for Trunks' younger sister, Bra. We were pretty good friends, not the best, but quite amicable. She had that female intuition from birth, and even though she was a year or two younger than me, she was much more knowing in the ways of the teenage female. Bra was physically developed, too. She obviously took after her mother. No one in my family was particularly curvy, but I was the most out of all the women, and I was much younger. Still, Bra was eye candy and I was...well...a loaf of bread.

The guys at school were kind of afraid of me, because I could pretty much pulverize them with one arm tied behind my back. And the girls disliked me because I was friends with Trunks, and they felt the way I did about him, only to a lesser degree. Not to mention Son Goten was my uncle, and he was another heartthrob. I was the freak, the outcast. But, who needed them? The objects of their affections were within my grasps, and I really rubbed that into their faces. Yes, I was taught never to gloat and brag...but they made it SO MUCH FUN!

Bra was my only friend at school, which sucked because everyone liked her, and that just made me feel like crap. So, I immersed myself in my studies, but they weren't so hard. I must have gotten in from my dad. Therefore, when I won more awards, even more people would get pissed off at me, but they would never threaten me. I wouldn't show them any mercy and they knew it. I couldn't help it that I understood things easily. Grandma Chichi was proud of me, but that was the only good that came of that. I needed something that would drastically change me for the better. Bra was thinking of something along the lines of a 'C' cup, but I knew that wouldn't work. I wasn't sure what she meant by that, either.

So, I got desperate for that change, and it finally came to me in the form of a brochure my dad brought home from work one fine afternoon...

[Okay! Prologue down. This sets the mood, I guess. Well, you see that little button down there? CLICK IT! Be sure to give me some feedback on the way this is going, or any constructive criticism, so I can improve and better serve your fanfic-viewing needs. But don't bother with flames. I'll just, 1.) Ignore you, 2.) Send you over to Majin Buu and make sure he turns you into a marshmallow or chocolate bar, and 3.) Have a delicious dessert of s'mores consisting of the wonderful present Buu gave me. ::smiles:: Anyway, please read and review! ~ L.O.P.-chan ^-^]