Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Child of Light ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own them. I just invited them to the party and look what happened!

________
PROLOGUE
________
Gohan was excited. In just five days, he would be starting highschool in the city! Cities had always fascinated him; so many people living in such a small space, interacting in ways he had never even witnessed. He had been isolated for the most part for his entire life, and had only ever met another kid his own age once. That had been during the time before the Cell games, and it had been a girl called Lyme, who’s parents had both been killed by Cell when he was still gathering energy. When he thought back to their meeting, he was glad that her parents would have been returned to life with the rest of the people Cell had killed when they had used the Dragonballs.

The teenaged Saiyan had decided to take a little R AND R before he had to really hit the books, so he was flying off into the woods for a while. He planned to meet Iccarus in the cave that he had lived in for years and then go fishing with him. Gohan hummed tunelessly as he flew, happy to be out of doors for a while.

As Gohan neared the cave, he suddenly felt a strange energy gathering a few miles away. Curious and a little worried, he headed toward the source. He hadn’t ever sensed anything like this. It wasn’t particularly powerful, but it had a strange signature that was totally new to him.

As he neared the source, he could see it through the trees, a huge, glowing ball of energy that pulsed and shimmered, almost dancing in the middle of the clearing where it rested. He landed beside it, peering inside its depths, trying to see through the blinding light of whatever was at it’s center.

Suddenly, the mass shot out tendrils of energy, reaching for and entrapping the Saiyan and drawing him toward itself. He fought against the tendrils with all his might, but he couldn’t break them. He felt them reaching into HIS energy, and hoping to prevent himself being drained, he transformed, intending to break the bonds with the greater strength of a Super Saiyan.

It was a mistake. The thing was able to follow the new energy to its source and wrap itself around Gohan’s center. It paralyzed him and then drained him to the point of unconsciousness. Just before he passed out, he felt himself pulled into the mass of energy. Then he knew nothing more.
x x x

The sorcerer grinned as the now-defenseless Saiyan was dropped at his feet. The twenty or so vampires that served him desperately wanted a taste of this powerful young man, but he couldn’t allow that. Not yet, anyway. There were still too many things to do. The boy’s power was all that would be needed to finish this world, but it would take a lot to get it from him. The first spell had used all that it had gained from draining him just to get him here, but no matter. It would only take seven days to make another one, and this one would store the energy until the time was right for the Ritual. As the wizard’s flunkies put the boy in the cage and he put the binding spells on his mind, he imagined the end of this horrid little world and grinned again. It was going to be SO sweet!
x x x