Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dance With Death ❯ Her Fate is Sealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DragonBallZ or any of its characters, just Comet.

"Dance With Death"
by A.C

Chapter Five
Her Fate is Sealed

---`---,---@

It's a sign of my obsession
That I can't stop thinking 'bout

Your lips upon my lips
(Can you envision it?)
Temptation I could never resist...
Your skin upon my skin
Would be the sweetest sin
That would be the sweetest sin...

It would feel so good
To be so bad
You don't know how bad
I want that
I would do anything to feel
Your everything...

"Sweetest Sin" - Jessica Simpson

---`---,---@

Comet awoke instantly the next morning, as if someone had shaken her. The sunlight was streaming in through the open window, which was only that way because it was broken. At first, she expected to hear cars honking their horns on the street below and the usual bustle of the city, but it was eerily quiet. And then as she lay in bed, gazing at the ceiling, her mind recalled the Android that didn't seem to want to leave her alone.

She sighed, resting her green eyes for a moment longer before opening them again. Time to get up and face another day, even if she didn't want to. Where was Cell, anyway? Somewhere long off. His tournament was supposed to start tomorrow... eventually he would have to give up his search for her and go host his little 'Cell games'. She smiled slightly. Perhaps she had finally escaped him.

She took another shower, relishing the hot water pouring onto her body and the scent of soaps and shampoos, just standing and letting the water wash over her. She nearly drifted off again, but stopped the water abruptly and wrapped a towel around her torso. She took yet another look in the mirror, absently fluffed her long, wet hair, and then opened the door.

She almost dropped the towel in shock, but quickly wrapped it only tighter around her. She had screamed, but quickly cut it off. She never was a screamer - like those stupid, weak women in the horrible B movies.

Who else was standing in her room, arms folded across his chest and fixing her with a furious glare, but Cell.

"So," was all he said. He waited, not seeming to notice she was dressed only in a towel. He wanted to talk, and right now. She gaped at him, stumbling back a few steps, choking on air. As she stepped back, she stumbled into a patch of sunlight. For a brief instant, his anger faded as he noticed the water glistening on her modestly tanned skin, creating jewels in the sun. Her hair was darker when wet, dripping down her back. She looked even younger... fresher...

She made a peculiar little squeaky noise, bringing him out of his revere. His anger returned as he commenced fixing her with his steely glare. Finally, she burst out with; "What the hell are you doing here!? I'm... I'm not dressed!!" He narrowed his eyes as she continued to stutter, staring at him through wide, green eyes. It was odd, how they seemed to glow with their own light...

"Refreshed?" he asked curtly, "I hope so. I'd imagine it was quite a strain on the nerves, running from me all day..."

"How did you find me!? Why did you even come back to this city - you already destroyed everyone in it!?"

"Imagine, Comet, if you will - I emerge from the forest, obeying your wish that I give you privacy... to find you've taken advantage of it and fled?"

Her eyes were glistening now, moist with tears. Why, he wasn't entirely sure. Frustration? Fear? She couldn't truly been feeling remorse. He didn't want her to feel guilty - just very, deeply AFRAID...

"Cell, you can't keep me at that godforsaken arena forever!" she shouted, clutching the towel around her so tightly it fit like a second skin.

His eyes glinted dangerously. "And why can't I?"

Her jaw trembled, moving up and down as if straining for words to come out, mouthing like a goldfish out of water. He merely watched her, his face deathly serious. Finally, she found her voice, overcoming her disbelief. "Why would you want to!? Why is it you keep me alive, Cell!? Why don't you kill me already, or let me go!? You never answer that question whenever I ask it... WHY!?!"

His facial expression continued to remain set in stone. Comet reached out a hand behind her, groping for the door handle and keeping those sparkling green eyes fixed on him. And just as she pulled the door open, he spoke, causing her to freeze.

"Because there's something about you that I can't figure out. And until I do, you stay."

She stared at him for a minute longer, and then turned and retreated back into the bathroom, closing the door quickly behind her and leaning against it. She couldn't hear any movement from behind it. Was he really waiting for her? Kami... but what could she do? Stay in the bathroom until he broke down the door and dragged her after him? Fight him? No - that would do absolutely NO good. She'd have to go...

Loathing the burning in her throat as she tried not to cry, she bent down and grabbed her clothes, slowly dressing. Her hair had dried by the time she was finished, so she ran a brush through it and slowly opened the door. Cell hadn't moved an inch, still waiting. When he saw she had gotten dressed, and the miserable yet resolved look on her face, his own look lightened. He unfolded his arms, stepping forward slightly as she closed the bathroom door slowly behind her and then turned to look at him. A heavy silence fell over the both of them as they stared at each other.

What was it about her that was making him feel so... relieved?

Shaking this puzzling feeling off, he turned and walked over to the hotel room door, opening it and stepping back as he did. She had followed and now looked at him curiously as he held it for her. A slight smirk came to his lips and he swept his arm, gesturing into the hall.

Her eyes narrowed, and she gave him an angry look before stalking out into the hall. By the time he had followed and closed the door behind him, she was halfway down the hall.

---`---,---@

Comet was silent the entire flight back to Cell's arena. She hardly even realized that today was supposed to be the day Cell was hosting his little tournament, and he didn't say anything. Instead, she fought furiously against the tears stinging at her eyes. Her eyes were fixed on his back, hating him with every inch of her soul. No matter what, she couldn't escape that monster. He never failed to find her. Never.

They flew for a long time. Comet was too engrossed at despising Cell to notice the distance she had managed to get, or even feel proud of it or surprised or anything. It took a full four hours to return to the location of his arena. She hardly even wondered how he could always find it so fast. There weren't any landmarks around to signify where it was... ah, oh well.

The moment they landed, she found she couldn't stand still. She was too frustrated and angry and, unable to vent her anger at the true cause of it, she stalked back and forth for a few minutes, wandered over to the edge of the arena to glare down at the earth only two feet below, and began walking around the length, silently fuming. Cell watched this through calm, curious eyes. He didn't dare say anything, waiting for her to cool down before speaking. He knew she was angry at him. And although he didn't fear her temper... he held a considerable respect for it.

Finally, upon finishing her fourth lap around the perimeter of the fighting area, she stopped in her tracks. Cell heard the last two pats as her boots paused, and turned to watch her. She was staring at the ground, arms folded. She didn't look angry any more as much as she did lost in thought. Her face cold, she slowly raised her eyes. Cell's pink eyes darted over, following her gaze, to see her staring at a gigantic mountain some forty yards away.

Comet watched the mountain, as if waiting for it to move, and Cell watched her, waiting for her to move. After a full minute, she unfolded her arms and raised her hand, putting one foot behind her and turning her body as she opened her palm. He felt her ki, already flickering dangerously with her temper, raise even higher as a ball of glowing scarlet energy appeared in her palm. A moment later, and she sent it hurtling across the desert.

Two pairs of eyes watched the ki as it soon became invisible. There was silence for a minute, and then suddenly... the mountain erupted. In a gigantic explosion of furious red energy, the mountain burst apart and crumpled. Shortly following its demise, a powerful rush of wind swept over the two of them - the aftershock - blowing Comet's hair back as she slowly lowered her palm.

Cell trained his eyes back to the source of the powerful display. Comet folded her arms again, surveying her damage thoughtfully. After another pause, he spoke for the first time since meeting her at the ghost of a city.

"Feel better?"

Her emerald eyes flickered back over at him, and narrowed. "No," she answered shortly, turning her back on the smoking rubble where the proud mountain once stood, and stalking over to the other side of the arena. Cell continued to watch her. He hated to see her in this state of fury, where she had nothing to say to him. He hated when she gave him the cold shoulder. He was spurred by her voice, her spirit and her retaliations... she had courage and wit and cunning, and by God she was going to let the world know; she wasn't to be messed with.

He almost contemplated apologizing. Would she speak to him again, then? But then he recalled that he had nothing to apologize for... or, he supposed he did, but to him it wasn't a good enough reason. She would get over it soon enough.

And it looked to be pretty soon.

"Why are you so damn strong!?" she burst out, whirling back around to glower at him, "And why do you play these games!? Can't you just let me go for once!?"

He gazed at her. For the first time, he was truly asking himself the same thing. Why didn't he kill her already? Ah, but... even as he asked himself that question, he inwardly flinched. No... for some reason, killing her wasn't an option anymore. Why was it so important to him she stayed alive?

... why was SHE so important to him?

But, as he answered to himself, he liked to have her around. He liked to see her - her pretty face was something pleasant and relieving to rest his eyes on. He liked to hear her voice - she always had an effect on him, and most of the time it was pleasant. He liked to watch her at work - she was truly a delightful creature, with her personality and mood swings. He enjoyed taking in the sight of her - not only her face, but her body. She was well built, and her curves were not bad at all... he overall had taken a liking to her presence.

He had taken a liking to her.

But as it was with traditional villains... they cannot feel love. It comes in the form of something else... Comet could never love him. But as he finally began opening up to the thoughts that had been haunting his meditations since the day they met, he began to realize what he truly was feeling. Lust. He had to have her... he had proven it to himself only a few hours ago, when she had escaped... he had been torn, almost gone insane... he couldn't live without her...

He was brought back to reality, as once again he looked her up and down. And for the first time, he could fully appreciate her beauty. Her long, shining locks of dark brown hair, the chestnut mingled within... her sparkling green eyes, so mysterious and playful and emotional all at once. Her lean, lithe body, muscular and toned, modestly tanned. The way the clothes fit on her, the look on her face as she glared at him, waiting for a response.

A smile came to his lips. He had reached his decision.

Like it or not... she would be his.

She sighed, attracting his attention once again. Her arms were still folded, and now she was gazing miserably at the arena floor. One boot was propped up on the toe behind her, the knee bent. She had a quiet, sad air to her. "I'm tired of running," she murmured, speaking half to herself, and half to him.

His smirk broadened, eyes gleaming as he took a step forward. "Good," he replied, his own voice quiet, "Because I'm tired of chasing you."

She looked up sharply, hair swaying about her face. She regarded him through confused green eyes. She held his gaze evenly, staring deep into his eyes. And for a moment, her puzzled look deepened. A new look had entered his eyes... one she didn't quite like, but couldn't place. What was it? "What do you mean...?" she asked slowly.

"You know, Comet," he said casually, taking another step towards her, "I think I've finally figured out why I've allowed you to live. That is what you want to know, isn't it?" he questioned. Another step. "I think I know why you intrigue me so badly."

He was getting very close. Too close for her comfort. Warily, she took another step back. "And why is that?" she asked cautiously. One look at his eyes sent shudders of fear through her. What was that haunting, predatory gaze he held!? He took another step, reducing the distance between them. And she responded with another step back.

This continued in silence, with Cell steadily advancing and Comet backing away. And suddenly, her foot stumbled over something. She stumbled, about to fall, when something latched onto her wrist and pulled her forwards. She fell forward with a yelp, right onto Cell's broad chest. She gulped and tried to leap away, but the powerful Android wrapped one arm around her back. Startled, she looked up at him as he tilted his face downward to meet her gaze.

"Cell..." she began in a quieter voice, struggling slightly against him. But his grip around her back was strong, and she couldn't subtly pull away. Before she could say anything, he spoke.

"You fascinate me, my dear. I find your entire existence to be amazing... a mystery. You're so completely different from anyone I've ever met before, making you stand out. And what's there to miss? You're intelligent, powerful, witty, cunning, STUNNING..." at the last word, his arm tightened, pressing her closer to him. She squeaked in fear, trying to pull away, but he was much stronger than her. He slowly lowered his face towards her.

"I've decided once and for all to keep you alive. You no longer need to fear me, Comet... I won't harm you. I couldn't harm you... I just couldn't..."

"Cell, let me go," she whimpered again, pulling in vain against him. But he leaned only closer, until she could feel his warm breath on her face. Another shiver raced down her spine, and she looked quickly up at him.

"Ah, but I can't do that, either," he hissed. His free hand came around, slowly traveling to her face. "Don't you see, Comet? I simply can't STAND it when you're not here." The back of his hand lightly caressed her cheek again, and she had to bite her tongue to keep from crying out softly in fear.

"CELL!"

Both heads turned abruptly to look into the sky, and Comet was met with the most gratifying sight she had seen in her entire life. Eight figures were flying quickly towards them, and then stopped, hovering in the air above the arena. Her green eyes widened in joy as she recognized each and every one of them.

"Krillen!" she cried joyfully, "Tien! Yamcha! Trunks! Vegeta! Gohan! Piccolo! Goku! You came!"

Gohan flashed her a quick, comforting smile. Goku, who had been the one that yelled for Cell, smiled at her as well; "Of course we did! Sorry we didn't come sooner, but we weren't ready... I'm glad you're all right, though!"

Piccolo, meanwhile, had fixed his onyx gaze on Comet's captor. His face was a mask of pure fury, and his each word was spat out between clenched teeth. "Cell... let her go. Now."

Cell looked at the each of them. Apparently, so caught up in his finding of Comet again, he had forgotten today was the day of his little tournament. Reluctantly, he released his grip on Comet. She stumbled away from him and then took a few drunk steps forward, grinning in a silly way up at them.

"Trunks, Gohan, you guys look older! What's happened?"

"Hyperbolic Time Chamber," Trunks answered shortly, but his cold gaze was fixed on Cell. As the Android faced the intruders, lip curled in apparent disgust, the eight of them floated back down to the ground. Comet ran over to greet them, pure joy and relief on her face.

"Oh thank Kami! You guys have good timing, although a little sooner would have been MUCH appreciated... you have no idea what I've been through... but at least its over..."

"I wouldn't say that yet," Piccolo grunted, shooting a glance at her. "Cell's still as powerful as ever - maybe even more. He's not beaten yet."

Comet glanced back at the Android, a new wave of fear washing over her as he met her gaze and smirked slightly. She shuddered, but then turned back to her friends, smiling again. "Ah, still. You guys are here. What have I got to worry about?"

Although it looked like the others were too focused on Cell to answer her at the moment, she should have known from their uneasy silences that something was up.

As the others gathered slightly around her - yet still facing Cell - Goku took a step forward to address the evil Android directly. "Today's the day of your 'Cell Games', isn't it? We're ready to face you this time. Are you ready to fight us?"

Cell, his annoyance growing with each passing minute, swallowed it long enough to fold his arms across his chest, attempting to regain his cool pose. He kept his eyes level with Goku's gaze, but out of the corner of his eye he was watching Comet. She only stood twenty feet from him, and still he felt as if he was about to lose her. He knew he could defeat these foolish Z Fighters... he had been able to easily handle them before, and now should be no different. He could tell they were stronger, but not strong enough to defeat him. Only to pose as an interesting challenge.

But at the moment, Cell wasn't interested in finding a challenge. He was striving to have Comet back in his arms. Those brief few minutes had been so sweet...

"Yes, I'm ready," he replied, a bit irritably. To think these morons were keeping him from his prize! He had achieved becoming Perfect, against all odds he had overcome the obstacles and risen to the occasion. So why couldn't he do the same? He would win his prize, no matter how hard the task... he wouldn't rest until Comet was his.

But to do that, he would have to defeat these Z Fighters who dared to think they could beat him. And to fight, he would need to keep his wits about him. He swallowed his annoyance again, taking a few calming breaths, and then spoke aloud. "Who challenges me first?"

He was only mildly surprised when it was Goku who stepped forward again, the determination of Sayains glinting in his eyes. "I will," he answered just as loudly and strongly. Comet had fallen silent, watching the unfolding battle through mildly curious green eyes.

There was a silence. The two fighters stared each other down, while eight others watched, silent and still. It was Cell who struck first - tired of waiting and anxious to get to his goal, he shot forward, drawing back his fist for a punch. Goku took to the air as well, hovering slightly backwards to better meet his punch and flying upward at the last moment to dodge. Indifferent, Cell banked upwards to follow.

It was even faster and more furious than Vegeta's and Cell's previous fight. The two fighters flashed left and right, throwing punches and kicks, dodging with blinding speeds or blocking with powerful collisions of strength and energy. It wasn't clear who had the upper hand. Both appeared to be evenly matched.

As Comet watched intently, trying and failing to track both of their movements, she felt Piccolo shift uneasily beside her and murmur; "Comet? Are you all right?" She looked around at him. She was still a bit jumpy from Cell's confession... but he was way up there, fighting the most powerful man in the universe, and she was surrounded by friends.

"Of course I am," she answered him, "Why wouldn't I be?"

Piccolo, too, was watching the fight, but with less attentiveness than the others held. He hesitated in his response, obviously not knowing how to put what was on his mind. Comet watched and waited patiently. "What... exactly... were you and Cell... doing when we arrived?" he finally managed to question. She lowered her gaze, thinking, and then looked back up at the fight.

"I... I don't know," she answered quietly, "But whatever it was... I didn't like it."

There then came the ripping feeling through their minds of a powerful ki blast. The same feeling that hits right about the time as a crack of thunder. Everyone snapped back to attention to see it was Cell who had fired the blast. His arms were still out in the pose, and Comet only looked up in time to see the explosion as it struck its target.

"Goku!" she cried out, without even thinking. Cell glanced down at her, but she ignored him, keeping her eyes trained on the smoke that was steadily clearing. Had she been thinking properly, she wouldn't have been worried and would have expected what happened next. The smoke cleared, revealing Goku hovering, immobile and appearing unharmed.

But from the ground, none of the Z Fighters could see that his breathing had become heavy and labored. Only Cell, positioned roughly thirty feet from him and hovering in the air, noticed this. A self-satisfied sneer curled his features - a look that Comet really didn't like.

"What's he sneering about?" she muttered, chewing on her lower lip. But Cell quickly answered this question, as his voice soon drifted down to them all.

"Worn out, Goku? That's too bad... the games have only just begun!"

The eight Z Fighters standing near the edge of the arena watched as the two leapt forward into battle once again, in a wild flurry of kicks, punches, flashes of ki and yells. Comet soon gave up trying to track their individual moves and just watched, hoping it was Goku who had the upper hand, and ignoring the sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach.

After a few moments, both fighters abruptly flew backward. Comet heard Goku's familiar chant as he drew his arms back, "Ka.... me... ha.... me... HA!" Thrusting his arms out, a blue blast shot forward, straight for Cell. But as it came closer, the evil Android only smirked. His movement was so fast very few of the Z Fighters caught it, as he held out a single hand and merely changed the blast's direction, sending it shooting into the sky with his hand.

"Shiiiat..." Comet moaned, watching Cell's face. That smirk - a smirk she longed to wipe from his features - was still in place as he watched Goku. The Sayain slowly lowered his arms, a look of disbelief on his face. All were still as Cell drew his arms back, mimicking Goku's stance. And then came the echo, in that deep, rich voice.

"Ka... me... ha... me... HA!"

Goku didn't even try to block it at first. Cell threw his arms forward, as the mirror replica of the Sayain's previous attack - alight with gold instead of blue - shot towards him. At the last minute, he threw up both arms in front of him across his chest, just as it struck. There was a roar, explosion, and a powerful out blast of wind swept over the fighters watching.

But Cell didn't even wait to see his damage. He flew forward, directly towards the large cloud of smoke in which he had once been. And then both fighters floated out from the top, locked once again in combat. Punches and kicks were flying, but this time was brief. The Android caught Goku off guard with a punch, and then hastened above him and delivered the final blow, an elbow that sent him flying towards the ground, where he struck with a crash.

The Z Fighters had whipped around to see if Goku was all right, and didn't even see when Cell landed behind the group, arms folded, smirk in place. He was mainly interested in Comet's expression, as she stared pleadingly at the large crater in the ground. So he spoke up to gain their attention.

"Well," he remarked, as one by one they each turned around to glower at him, "That's all of you I've fought by now. I've had the pleasure of sharing a battle with each and every one of you..." as he spoke, he allowed his magenta gaze to travel over each of their angry faces, to rest upon Comet's. She looked purely livid, teeth clenched, green eyes gleaming furiously. Her entire body was tense, each muscle bunched and ready to spring. "Except, that is, Miss Comet."

Her expression hardly changed, but the other Z Fighters now looked... scared? So, they were worried for their friend's safety. How... amusing. He didn't care when two of their number - the youngest one and the bald one - flew hurriedly over to where Goku had landed. All of his attention was focused on the beautiful young Earthling glaring at him.

"I have a proposition to make," he announced, certain he had their full attention. Some of them shifted uncomfortably, "I'd like to fight with her. Should she defeat me... she, and the rest of you, are free to go. I'll bother you no longer. However..." he paused, relishing the anxious looks on their faces. He had her now... "Should I win... she is mine. To do what I please with her."

As his last words sank into each of them, a heavy silence fell over the arena. Each of the Z Senshi gaped at him, completely and utterly disbelieving. He watched Comet's face, curious as to what her reaction would be. Her anger had faded slightly - she wasn't baring her teeth anymore - and she now was staring at him in the most fear he had ever seen out of her. Perfect... "And should she decline to fight with me," he added casually, "I'll kill you all."

The silence was thick, but Comet's gaze could cut through smoke as she looked him in the eye. Slowly, each one of the Z Fighters turned uneasily to face her. She dropped her gaze from Cell's magenta one to look around at them all, a reluctant and hesitant look on her face.

"It's your choice, Comet," came Piccolo's deep rumble. She turned to look doubtfully at him, "Don't let us affect your decision."

Yeah, right... Comet weighed the chances in her head. She couldn't decline to fight Cell at all. He'd only kill her friends and take her anyway. She had to go out fighting. But what were the odds of her defeating him? She had just seen what he did to Goku, and Goku was the strongest person she knew. If she lost, which was more than likely, she'd be his. And there was nothing she could do about it. But if she did, by some miracle, manage to win... ah, what was she saying. He'd probably still kill them all in his anger anyway and take her! She just couldn't win. Her eyes darted back over to Cell. And by that look on his face, he knew it. He knew that he had her... right where he wanted her.

She heaved a heavy sigh, gave a last pleading look to Piccolo, but then faced the holy terror before her. "Fine," she said in a heavy voice. Her knees were shaking, "I'll fight you."

Cell's face split into a broad, horrifying sneer. He unfolded his arms, fists clenching, sneering at her. She looked nervously back, and finally took a deep breath before taking her own fighting stance. Her knees were bent, but she had the feeling her legs were about to give out on her and she'd go crashing to Earth. How great *that* would look...

"Ready?" Cell breathed, his voice cutting into her thoughts. She took another deep breath, but hardly had time to brace herself as his green form blurred and shot forward. She hovered backwards, barely readying herself for the attack - but not for its level of brutality. His fist was met by a successful upper block, but his other attack came crashing to her stomach and she shot back abruptly, wincing.

Yet the Android didn't wait for her to recover. She looked up just in time to leap upwards as his came around for another attack, and put on another burst of speed as he followed just as quickly. Yet suddenly... she stopped in midair. His momentum too great, Cell continued to shoot up and noticed it until it was too late, and the Earthling launched herself forward with a beneath uppercut.

She flew back to avoid a counter, but he had none for her yet. He merely paused, as if surprised by her fierce attack, and then slowly looked back down to smirk at her. Her expression only shifted slightly -he could see the shock in her eyes. He wasn't hurt - not at all! She had broken jaws with that attack before!

"Impressive," he responded, but the tone of his voice betrayed him. He sounded only slightly amused, but more or less disdainful. "You startled me for a moment. I wasn't expecting you to stop that quickly."

"And I expected better of you," she answered stiffly, "You lie - you knew it was coming. You let me get that one in."

His sneer returned, magenta eyes glittering triumphantly. "You've figured me out, my dear."

And he blasted forward again, fists up and ready. But this time, Comet knew he would have tried to attack in a flash, and she threw her arms forward, quickly summoning a giant ball of scarlet energy and hurtling at his oncoming form. Without waiting to see if it would stop him, she raised her head and shot upwards, but in an instant he had followed. She had just started to bank to the left, however, when he flashed in front of her and stopped her escape.

She jerked back automatically, and then lunged forward with a fast and powerful barrage of punches and kicks. Yet he didn't fight back, or even try to block. His form blurred and flashed in front of her, easily dodging each attack. She lessened the power of her hits, trying to raise her speed and endurance, knowing if she kept this up she'd get him sooner or later...

He was distracted to her face and the upper body... wait for it... NOW!

She abruptly stopped her attack and leaned backwards, drawing her legs up to her chest, and lashing out with a twin kick. This one caught him right in the chest and he keeled backward - but she caught a glimpse of the surprise on his face. He hadn't expected that one.

She hovered back, and then threw out her arm to summon a quick ball of ki and throw it at him. Her other arm extended, she flared her ki and began a steady rhythm, throwing her attacks to try and get him. But she only caught a flash of green above the ruby explosions, and a powerful blow to the shoulder and stomach sent her crashing.

She was falling steadily and quickly, vision swimming. The blue sky above seemed to dance with clouds, and began blinking into black. Her body hit something solid, and the floating sensation of falling was stopped abruptly. Something white floated into her vision.

Comet blinked rapidly, trying to clear her vision. Was she dead? Had he gotten her? No, that white face above was all too familiar... and then slowly, Cell's smirk swam into place. She could feel him supporting her. He had been the one that caught her.

She reacted like lightning, instantly shoving away and hovering back, staring at him in fear, anger and disgust. His arms empty again, he folded them across his chest and fixed her again with a smirk and a calculative look. "Must we really continue? True, your fighting technique is amazing - so very creative. But surely you know..." his smirk morphed to a sneer, "This fight is fruitless."

She glared at him, teeth bared in concentration. "But it isn't over yet," she growled in response. He watched her for a moment, as if thinking over her answer, and then chuckled.

"Very well. But remember, my dear. I'm ready to end this fight whenever you wish."

She barely had time to duck, as a punch was sent sailing over her head. As her head whipped back around to keep her opponent in sight, she was met with a dazzling golden glow. And faintly, under a roaring in her ears, she could hear him. "Ka.. me.... ha..."

"Not on mine!" she snarled back, banking abruptly to dodge and readying her own ki attack. Yet just as the gold attack grazed her leg, giving her taste of its burning pain, something flickered in front of her, just hidden by the luminous ball that was sent hurtling back to Earth.

Another moment, and Cell had flashed before her, his muscular arms wrapping once more around her shoulders and back. She jerked and tried to fight back, but he trapped her arms in an instant. She yelled out furiously, struggling, but already could feel herself weakening. As he merely hovered, holding her and watching her fight with a faintly amused look on his face, he waited. Patiently, he waited until she had to pause, panting.

In this silence, her eyes met his. He leaned forward meaningfully, a playful smirk curling his lips, pink eyes glinting. Her own widened in fear as he leaned around to her ear and whispered into it - again, the phrase she had 'seen' once before... matched with the look that warned her something drastic - and terrible - was about to happen.

"I win."

---`---,---@

Aaaaaaaah! Finally! >< It was bad, FORGIVE MEH!!