Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter Of A Warrior ❯ To Earth ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Over five years had passed since Sakura's attempted escape from Furiza, and much had happened since. Furiza had been destroyed by a Saiya-jin who's name Sakura did not know, Sakura was being held by Nameks who had leagued themselves with Furiza, and security was poor. This weakness gave Sakura one chance to escape.

Sakura was sitting in her cell, filing her nails roughly in a temper, when a Namek messenger came to her. "What are you doing, you third class Saiya-jin brat?" he snarled at her, a suspicious look on his face.

"What do you think I'm doing green bean, a darn tea-dance?" Sakura's reply annoyed the Namek greatly, and he walked up to her, snarling and baring his fang-like teeth.

"Watch your mouth, scum," he growled at her. "You're just like your parents, disgusting!"

Sakura stood up, walked up to the Namek, and spat on him. The Namek just wiped his face, and smiled. "I shall enjoy killing them," he whispered nastily, a smile on his face. "Watching them shriek in pain as they are burned…"

The Namek continued like this for some time, but Sakura was only half listening to him. Rage was beginning to take over her body, and, as he spoke, she could feel her power level rising 50,000, 100,000, 250,000. Mirrors in the cell exploded in the power, and walls began to crumble, and yet, oblivious, the Namek continued to taunt Sakura about her parents and sister, and Sakura could not help but think how stupid he had to be. She ran up to the bars of her cage, which had melted in the heat reflecting off her energy. She climbed through the gap in the bars, turned back and looked at the Namek, who was standing staring at her, astonished by her incredible power. Sakura raised her hand and fired a powerful energy blast at the ceiling of the cell. The ceiling and walls collapsed, crushing the Namek beneath them. Sakura then took off, running towards her parents' and sister's cells.

* * * * *

Ayane opened her eyes slowly, and saw a face looking down on her. She thought she recognised that face from years before, and it was a while before she realised that the kind, smiling face before was in fact…her daughter.

"Sakura?" she whispered, afraid of being wrong and having her hopes shattered to pieces again. Sakura nodded, and Ayane hugged her for the first time in five years, tears streaming down her face.

"Hello Mum," Sakura said, a smile on her face. "You know, I have the strangest feeling of Deja-Vu, I'm pretty sure we were in this exact same position a few years back." Ayane laughed through her tears and smiled up at Sakura, tears still poring down her face. "Come on Mum," Sakura said, looking into her scouter. "We haven't got much time, and we still have to get Father and Kasubi. In about ten minutes, they will wonder where the Namek has got to, and they will discover the ruins of my cell, and his corpse."

Ayane leapt up, filled with concern for her daughter, and the realisation of what Sakura planned to do.

After around an hour, the family found themselves in a similar position to that they had been in five years earlier; Ayane, Kanata and Kasubi stood aside, while Sakura found them a space pod to depart in. Once again, she chose a medium sized, six-person pod. Before they knew it, they were off.

Sakura looked out of the front window of the pod three hours later and sighed. It appeared as though they were free at last. A hand touched her shoulder, and she looked around to see her father looking at her. "Your mother agreed with me when I said I think you are ready for this gift." He opened his hand to reveal a silver chain with a beautiful silver locket attached. It was made of perfect silver with a pretty engraved design of tiny vines, and a pale blue diamond, around half a centimetre in diameter, in the middle. "It contains a picture of my youngest brother who I have not seen in person since he was just a baby," Kanata explained to her, obviously bringing back memories from his very distant past. "His name -" Kanata said slowly, "is Kakarot."

Sakura looked at him, a questioning look on her face, as though she was waiting for her father to tell her that he was joking. When he never did, Sakura took the locket, and opened it. Kakarot had a friendly face and Sakura noticed his large and extremely innocent eyes. He had black, spiky hair, and Sakura was shocked at how boyish his features made him look. Sakura warmed to him immediately.

"A Saiya-jin gave it to me after his trip to Earth a little while after I was contacted by Furiza," he explained. "I put it into the locket and saved it for when you were older." Sakura put the locket on and smiled at her father.

"Thanks Dad." Sakura said to Kanata as he went back to his seat. Sakura looked out of the window of the ship and closed her eyes. It was going to be a long journey to Earth, and things had just become much more complicated.