Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter Of A Warrior ❯ The Party ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter Six - The Party

Vegeta ran to the door with an angry look on his face. A tall woman stood in front of him, smiling with her blue eyes twinkling slightly. She had blonde hair down to her shoulders, and very big eyes. Vegeta chuckled to himself and, quick as a flash, he delivered a sharp blow to her face, sending her flying into a crumpled heap twenty feet away. "Private party." He said quietly, and slammed the door. He turned around, and saw everybody in the room looking extremely relieved, except Krillen, who was standing in the middle of the room glaring at Vegeta with clenched fists, grinding his teeth.

"Vegeta! You dope!" he shouted, still glaring at Vegeta, who had just sat down comfortably on the sofa. He rushed outside to the blonde woman and knelt down beside her. "Hey." He whispered, helping her to her feet. "Are you OK?"

The woman leaned on Krillen, one hand on his shoulder. "Never been better." She joked, wincing as she touched her face. "I'll tell you one thing though, that Vegeta guy throws a darn good punch!"

Krillen walked into the house with the woman, scowling at Vegeta as he walked past. "Hi guys!" he said, slightly uncomfortable as he noticed the way they were all looking at him. "Erm, this is my, er well, what's the word?" Krillen began to blush alarmingly as he struggled to find the words for what he was bout to say. "Oh yeah, I know! This is my wife-to-be! Sakura, this is #18, #18, this is Sakura."

Everybody had their own different reactions to Krillen's announcement. "Well baldy," Vegeta said, staring at Krillen. "I've got to admit, you are braver than I thought possible for a pathetic little runt of a human like yourself!" Bulma glared at Vegeta, who held up his hands in fake surrender. It was obvious that she was also a human.

"Krillen!" Tien cried, looking half shocked and half angry. "When exactly was it that you lost your MIND!"

Yamcha's reaction was different. "Way to go Krillen!" He said, grinning from ear to ear and thumping Krillen on the back, which he had to lean down to do. "I told you the chick was into you, and that following my advice would work on your behalf. I am the master of dating, I mean hey, I dated Bulma!"

Vegeta suddenly stood up, and Yamcha held up his hands. "Relax, man!" Yamcha cried, clear panic in his voice. "I didn't know the fact I used to date your chick was such a sensitive subject. I mean you have no right to have a go at me. I was dating the girl when you came on the scene. Jeeze!"

"She is not my 'chick'!" Vegeta snarled through gritted teeth. "She is the mother of my son, nothing more! She is no more my girlfriend than you are, Scar face! I have my pride!"

Bulma suddenly stood up. "Here Vegeta." She said in an attempt to break up the argument and to stop Vegeta from hurting her own feelings any more. "Take Trunks. It's about time you had something to do with your own son. I refuse to be turned into a single parent." She pushed Trunks into Vegeta's arms, and went to talk to Krillen and #18, leaving Vegeta to sit down bouncing Trunks up and down on his knee.

He's not so bad. Vegeta thought to himself as he watched Trunks laughing hysterically and saying, "Bouncy castle, bouncy castle!" over and over as he was bounced on Vegeta's knee. When Bulma looked across at them, she was surprised to see Vegeta laughing with Trunks and muttering "Bouncy castle" every now and then. Bulma smiled, pleased at how well Vegeta's first time at looking after Trunks by himself had gone.

The party went on late into the night, and when Sakura finally went to bed at long past midnight, everybody had fallen asleep. Trunks had been put to bed in Gohan's bedroom with Goten, Krillen and #18 were asleep on one side of the sofa, and on the other side of the sofa, Bulma had fallen asleep on Vegeta, using his chest as a pillow, and Vegeta himself had slowly dozed off with his chin resting on Bulma's head.