Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Depths of a Naked Heart ❯ Entrance to a beginning.. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Here is a few notes for the chapter. 1. There are several moons in the universe, but the Moon Kingdom is the Moon--top dog--get it? 2. Some of this chapter may seem a bit ambiguous, but that’s either the style I was going for or you’ll get answers later. 3. You’ll notice I use a lot of fragmented sentences, that’s also meant to be that way. Some sentences just do not need a subject and action to make it a proper sentence, if I do say so myself. Lol.
On with the fic…
............................................................ ...............................................
Cold unblinking eyes, daggers piercing my soul…around me, crimson waves, drenching all in its path….
Silence and cries.
A heart. Burning.
“Ah, awake at last.”
Shrinking back in fear, Serenity gasped. A woman of peak physical condition was the sight before her. She was, by all means, not mannish on any term, but she looked as though she could go toe to toe with one and come out completely unscathed. Her hair was a dark charcoal shade with eyes to match. The woman’s dark pools held no threatening suggestion, but the lunar being couldn’t shake her trepidation.
“You have no need to be afraid of me, Princess. I am here to serve.” Serenity made no reply, fear still evident in her eyes. Sighing, the woman stood from her kneeling position beside the bed.
“Well, I’d best be leaving. I’ve cleaned you up a bit, but if you wish to wash a tad more, there’s a basin to your right. A new dress will be here shortly.” The woman bowed and disappeared from the room.
Serenity just realized she had been lying there in only a fragment of her once ivory gown, now stained with blood and dirt. The memories of that night were flowing back to her.
...
“We will never have to worry about the Moon’s chaotic charms again,” Enclosing his raised fist around an imaginary object which once hung in the sky.
“My Lord?” It still held some humor to him, calling his friend such formal titles. He had been standing there for a while before the man had chosen to speak to him. The sudden sound and strange tone threw him off slightly. It seemed as though the king was mocking someone he was unable to see. They were, of course, the only people in the room.
Turning to face him, forgetting the dreamt object within his hand, “The Moon has always been the source of our curse. I have solved that tonight. The Kingdom has fallen, and the key is in my possession.”
“Key?”
“The Lunar Royal Family.” His tone still imitative of something.
“Vegeta...” The king looked at his subordinate; a brow arched, and then turned his back to him; staring, again, out the window.
“What’s this? I bring about the greatest event for the Saiyan race,” He turned back to stare at the man kneeling before him, “and I receive insubordination from my highest general?”
“Forgive me, Majesty.” Pausing, “May I ask of the well-being of the captives?”
Vegeta sneered. He knew the subject would come about sooner or later; what remained was how to answer. Addressing the question, but, once more, turning his back to the general.
“That is why I left you to guard the palace. The smirk known throughout graced his lips. “After all, we know what happened last time you visited. Vegeta glanced at the man from the corner of his eye, “Your feelings and your compassion would’ve gotten in the way.” A short grunt and one wave of his hand, “You may go.”
“Yes, Majesty.” Bowing, the general made his way toward the tall throne room doors.
“And of their well-being,” The man turned back at these words, hope staring out of his eyes to hear the answer he longed for, “they’re alive, Kakarott.” Though he was not looking his direction, Goku nodded and continued to leave the throne room.
Vegeta smirked, glancing up at the vacant space between the stars.
...
She wished it was only a dream. Compared to the dreams she’d had of late, this was only terrifying on a moderate scale. Not yet had she seen the rivers of blood or those cruel, penetrating eyes.
Voices. Coming her way.
……Voices of quite an odd pair.
One was light and seemed kind; the other, quick and sarcastic– both female.
“She’s in here.” Wanting this first impression to go over smoother than her last, Serenity attempted a calm look. Turning her head to meet the embodiments which accompanied the voices, see saw two red-haired women. They could have passed off as twins except for the substantial height difference. Both were seemingly young and just as toned as the first servant.
“Ain’t she a brave one? Probably don’t know what’s in store for her.” The taller of the two was now identified as the quick-tongued one.
“Well don’t frighten her about it. We all go through it after all.”
This is a more fatal plunge, and she has absolutely no choice in the matter.”
“Still, she should have new clothes before she goes through with anything.”
This one’s manner was very confusing. Her words were of such a bright bubbly tone yet she knew of the situation at hand. She knew that Serenity was just a prisoner–a prize to someone she’d never known.
The tall spitfire sniggered. “I suppose, even though they will probably have the same fate as her current attire,” laughing haughtily as she eyed what used to be the form of a gown. Serenity’s eyes widened, noticing the woman staring at her. She’d rather the servant from earlier to be there instead, and wondered of sexual orientation of this one.
The shorter woman exhaled loudly, “Let’s just begin”
...
Long corridors. The clanking of metal. A forceful tug continuously driving them onward. Dark and dank, a delightful housing for rats.
Moans that seemed aged and withered echoed only to those who’d made them and time seemed to stretch…eons…eons…
Though immense clotting dirt stained the woman’s hair, she knew she was bound behind her best friend. Her garment’s had become ragged from the force used to drag her into compliance and the rats that now nipped at her ankles, as well. Such a fiery strong will…but what would it serve her here?
Walking, walking. It seemed prisoners were sectioned off away from the loading dock as far as possible. Thus making escape unattainable or rendering impossible the chance of anyone hearing you scream. Like anyone would care…
...
‘It wasn’t always like this’
A hand ran idly, sharpening the sword before him.
‘He’s changed’
Sparks flying with each stroke.
‘Ever since… she died’
Absentminded–cuts mar his hand yet he takes no notice.
‘He’s … himself again’
Blood glitters on the blade.
‘He wants me to be him
He realizes it’s his own, staring at his hand.
NO!”
The sword dances elegantly on its journey to the wall. Blood splatters around the blade, where it drew into the stone and drips down the wall.
Watching the handle wobble from the force, he turns his attention back to his appendage stained crimson. Forgetting the weapon wedged in the stone wall, he escapes the dark seclusion.
...
It’s stopped now. There’s silence. The shadows cast by the light of the once blazing torch have gone. It was all visible from the dark corner of her cell.
Those screams…her screams have stopped.
...
‘Nothing.’
‘I̵ 7;ve brought change’
‘Why?’
‘Why hasn’t it gone away…everything should be like before…’
‘Everything should be… better’
The glass, once in his hand, now glistened on the cold floor after smashing against the far wall. Red liquid ran down, briskly. In contemplation, he sits on his throne.
...
‘She’s gone too…’ A silver pendant shone in his calloused hand; in the other, a cracked mirror that looked as if it were a family heirloom.
‘I suppose a brute is not meant to be happy…’
...
Blood. Raining. Coursing. Dripping. Crimson rage. Bodies everywhere. Pale, ghostly, shocked features. An expression to linger until the river of flames would wash over their remains.
White marble soaked as an artist’s canvas. A mighty palace, a great kingdom, crumbling from power and greed.
Friends. Family. Dear ones. Lost.
‘Please forgive me…for everything.’
She’d managed to succumb to fatigue though she had once thought it impossible. Surprisingly enough, the cells were considerably a decent size for being what they were…for prisoners. Her arrangement had been changed due to her loss in company. Yes, the screams had stopped, but they still echoed perfectly in her ears.
The expected crash of loose rock from the ancient walls came as voices were heard and the thick prison door slammed open. All life within went still, as the tall, overly-muscular guard who’d visited for the past few days…and nights, appeared once more. His beady scrutinizing black eyes gazed out over what he liked to call his prospects.
Beginning to believe there were some boundaries on ‘prisoner dibs’ or he was under some jurisdiction to spare her, his gaze then rested on her. His now infamous grin spread across his face. Her assumptions that she had possibly been receiving some form of ‘higher treatment’ were wrong.
He had already advanced to her cell door. She was sure she could fight him off but could she fight his reinforcements?
“Alright Queenie, we’re going on a little trip.” He yanked her upright from her curled position. Barely missing the side bars of her cell, he brought her out the large prison door.
“Here ya are, sir.” The cold ground came in contact with her flesh again as he threw her to the ground.
“Thank you, Corporal. I’ll take it from here.” This new guard, apparently higher in status, took the queen’s hand which the Corporal still hung on to.
“Yes, sir” Bowing slightly.
“Corporal.” His deep voice resounded as he hoisted her over armored shoulder.
“Yes, Captain Soten?”
‘Can this be?’ Eyes of blue-lavender widened.
“You’re relieved of your duties.” A small ki blast left the man’s hand, ending a reign of terror the now charred pile of ash had inflicted.
However, would he be any different?
............................................................ ....................................................................
I& #8217;m very sorry if Vegeta seems reeeaaally OOC, but he is going through a weird stage, Lol. He should be back to semi-normalness soon. As stated, he's mocking someone.J And bare-in-mind that this is basically an AU fic.