Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Bulma/Vegeta ❯ Holiday - Day 3 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Holiday – Day 3     “Wow, Vegeta!” Bulma said, accepting the box he slid across the breakfast table.  It was odd he wasn’t already training, but nice to start their morning together.  “I’m not complaining, but what’s the occasion?”

“Open it,” he ordered, stuffing the last of the toast into his mouth.

She tore the shiny paper off the small box.  Inside was a black case containing more jewelry.  A pair of earrings on a bed of white velvet . . . three rubies cascading down from a diamond stud.

“Oh, Vegeta!  They’re gorgeous!  All the gifts were.  But why?”

Vegeta drained the last of his juice.  “For three days, Saiyans honor the battle for our planet.  The first day is black to signify the oppression of our race.  The second is white to symbolize the full moon that led us to victory.  Last is red for blood shed by proud warriors.  It’s called Oozaru Triumph.  I just felt like sharing it this year.”

“A Saiyan holiday?  That’s great!  So is there anything else we can do to celebrate?” Bulma asked.

“Now that you mention it I want to see you in those gifts.  I have the entire day off,” he said with a twinkle in his eye.