Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Goku/Vegeta ❯ Is It Worth It? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Is It Worth It?


Goku and Vegeta sat side by side on the mountaintop and looked out over the beautiful landscape below. The sun nearing the horizon made shadows stretch out far behind them.

“Tell me, Kakarot,” Vegeta said. “Are these earthlings really worth our protection?”

“What do you mean?” Goku asked, giving his friend a surprised look. “Of course they are!”

“But look at what they do to their planet,” Vegeta reasoned. “They dump garbage everywhere - on land, in the waters, and even spew it into the air. Then they cut down the trees that can provide them with clean air, so more and more people get sick from breathing that poison. Their food is laced with insecticides and hormones that continually make them weaker. They strip the land bare to fuel their recreation and then complain when it runs out and their soil is ruined. They are a selfish species that thinks nothing of their planet’s future.”

Goku considered Vegeta’s words as he looked down at the lush vegetation still covering his mountain. Would even this sanctuary be violated by the earthlings Vegeta so detested?

“That may be so,” Goku said. “But we would be even more selfish if we did nothing.”