Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles - Trunks ❯ Trunks' Night - 3 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Trunks’ Night – 3


Trunks looked around his hotel room, but couldn’t tell what woke him. The street lights shining through the crack between his curtains showed books and papers piled neatly on the desk. Everything in its own place.

He tried to lie down and close his eyes again, but the constant noise from the street below was too alien from his own quiet bed. He sensed around the area, but there were just too many active people, even at this time of night.

His head pounded as he sat on the edge of his bed. He hadn’t been sleeping well at all during this trip and the stress was starting to get to him. What he wouldn’t give to be able to just fly away somewhere quiet.

Trunks debated what he should do. He knew he wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep, but didn’t feel like joining the nightlife of the city, either.

He turned on the television to block the noise from outside and sat staring blankly at the flickering screen. He longed for his own bed in his own home.

-------

“Who was on the phone?”

“Trunks. He didn’t sound like he was enjoying his business trip.”

“Humph.”